Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I don't like the fact that this show always presents guys as viable romantic options when they are 15+ years older than the girl they are chasing, yet we rarely ever see the reverse. I think Rick/Taylor and Brooke/Deacon are the only examples that spring to mind.

There was Jackie Marone...she was with Eric but then started that whole "cougar" thing & she married a much younger Owen.  I think at one point Rick wanted a piece of her. 

• Love 1

There was Jackie Marone...she was with Eric but then started that whole "cougar" thing & she married a much younger Owen.  I think at one point Rick wanted a piece of her. 

Not to mention the original cougars, Stephanie and Sally.  Stephanie had a brief dalliance with the younger Clarke Garrison, whom she turned on to her daughter to see if she [Kristen] was frigid.  Don't ask!  There is a clip of them breaking off their dalliance and Clarke looked as if he was going to cry and it seemed that Stephanie really turned him out.

Then Sally married him and actually had a mid-life baby (CJ).  I was actually shocked that mess lasted as long as it did especially since Clarke made no bones about his gigolo intentions.

• Love 4
Taylor doesn't hold a grudge? Since when?
She's as terrible an actress as ever.  I truly hope that she's not back for good, I think her time has passed on this show and they don't need her anymore.  She was particularly bad when she was saying "Brooke happened and happened and happened".  Kind of reminded me of her infamous drunk Taylor "I'm Taylor Hayes!" dance sequences with Hector.

Does the caption of that clip really suggest that she is a "World Class Beauty"?  They forgot the word "Former".

• Love 4

Taylor doesn't hold a grudge? Since when?

Ha! Also gotta love Taylor talking about Thomas & Steffy wanting their parents together...well they're adults now so they understand.  Umm excuse me, but on the episodes I've watched, they were adults when they were whining like toddlers about those evil Logans taking their daddy away.

• Love 3

I noticed that she's taken to now wearing bangs (wig?) that cover the top half of her face. Such a shame. I remember back in the day I used to lament that I'd give anything to look like Hunter Tylo. As they say...  "Be careful what you wish for..."

While I am slowly warming up to TK as an actor, I have to agree with the posters above about his appearance. Today, especially in that scene with Katie, he looked like he'd just awakened from a three-day bender. His shirt looked dirty (anybody else notices the heavy sweat-pit stains) and wrinkled and was tucked in on one side and hanging out on the other. Plus, it was straining across his back. His hair also looked messier and greasier than ever. I'd never heard of TK until he joined B&B. Did his other soap alter egos look so gross? Does he look that way off-screen like at a public appearance?

Even though I can't stand Maya, I thought she looked beautiful today. I liked that dress and the hair extensions.

Why is Carter always conveniently hanging around where Maya happens to be? Does he still have feelings for her? If I were him, I wouldn't give her the time of day, especially with the way she rubs his face in that she's with Rick, he's filthy rich, etc., etc.

I was disappointed that Rick was upfront with Maya. I was hoping he'd lead her on or "cheat" on her with Caroline, have Maya accidentally find out and that a huge meltdown and/or be pregnant. I seriously hope that Caroline mulls things over and dumps his sorry ass. I am on the fence with JY. At least he stopped talking with that quasi-clipped "Eastern boarding school" affectation. I am in the sparsely populated camp that preferred KL.

• Love 3

I was disappointed that Rick was upfront with Maya.

I was too. But I was more surprised that he told her since she is such a blabbermouth. I fully expect her to spill the beans to Caroline, Rick be damned. Once again, Rick makes a stupid decision.

Like you, I am also puzzled about Carter's continued presence.  Other than being Ridge's psuedo-friend and the lousiest lay in all of L.A., what exactly is his purpose?

Have you seen him shirtless?

• Love 7

Le sighhhh...the writers have a history of not being able to get out of their own way, particularly when it comes to great storytelling, couples that actually have chemistry and allowing stories to develop and play out organically.

It seems that the writers have been working overtime trying to palm off this piece of human refuse as some kind of prize. His increasing girth was quite apparent in his fight scenes with Bill. It simply doesn't work for me especially given what a vain fop Original Recipe Ridge was. But, then nothing has been credible about nu-Ridge, from his "pome" reading to his supposed romance with Katie to his apparent disdain for good hygiene.

All of this. TIIC needed to give up this idea of Ridge the stud back ten years ago, but I'll commend Ronn Moss for not going entirely sloppy as he got older.

The only "pome" I every remember from old Ridge was when Brooke refused to go back to his ass after he left Taylor over the BBB, and Ridge attached his busted rhymes to the tackiest excuse for lingerie I've even seen on this show. I think a yt search of B&B February 2006 will bring it up, but I laughed so hard at how stupid it was.

Still more effort than he's ever put into romancing Katie, though.

• Love 3

While I am slowly warming up to TK as an actor, I have to agree with the posters above about his appearance. Today, especially in that scene with Katie, he looked like he'd just awakened from a three-day bender. His shirt looked dirty (anybody else notices the heavy sweat-pit stains) and wrinkled and was tucked in on one side and hanging out on the other. Plus, it was straining across his back.

He hasn't changed from the fight with Bill.  

• Love 3

I like that Rick isn't going to be pushed into caring about Caroline again, even if his father tries to force that on him.  He's only been consistent about one thing since finding out about her infidelity, which is that he wants nothing to do with her.  It's funny that the two of them will be together and not actually want to be together.

Since people are constantly shitting on Myrna, there's no way she keeps this a secret.  However, I don't know how we would've known that Rick was pulling a con on Caroline if he didn't tell Maya.  Who else could he have told... Hope?  I can imagine that conversation.

Rick:  I'm using Caroline to hold onto the CEO position because Dad is forcing me to.

Hope:  (Looking into the distance daydreaming; cue montage of her and Liam at the animal shelter)

Rick:  Hello, Earth to Hope?

Hope:  I hate Ivy!

Rick:  Thanks.  For nothing.

• Love 7

tessaray, no worries--I'd never seen TK before B&B, but I LOVE him! I couldn't stand Ronnnn Moss. Just too cheesy. He did nothing for me looks-wise (too 80's/pretty-boy for my tastes), I used to cringe whenever he and Brooke started rolling around in a bed, and his acting was literally laughable (e.g., on Talk Soup). So you and I can be on the TK Island! Somebody way upthread mentioned his days on AMC--Zack and Kendall, I think?--I need to look that stuff up! Plus, I think his acting (plus better writing) has totally raised Linsey G's game. First, she was super-vanilla-boring as Hope 2.0. Then she was the social media ditz. Then she was Miss Cutesie-Funny with the Myrna stuff. But now, she's actually acting like a believable person and not some cartoon character. I never thought Caroline would be one of my favorite characters on the show.

I loved Zach and Kendall on AMC but before that loved TK as Ian Thornhart on Port Charles.  Which is weird, because I did not like him all that much as brother Patrick Thornhart on OLTL.  Go figure. 

I started watching B&B shortly before the Hope and Liam disaster at the Eiffel Tower, so I don't have any LG comparisons to make, but I do like the actress a lot.  Her chemistry with TK surprised me, because their scenes were really awkward at first, with the drawing and such. 

I was a little choked up with Monday's episode, because Ridge took the high road and backed off Caroline - which of course confused her - and I felt her pain/confusion, too,   (It was kind of funny, Rick mentioning the timing of it all.)  I just hope it doesn't take Caroline too long to figure out what he (Rick) is up to. 

ETA:  I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that Ridge is the biological son of someone named Massimo Marone, but who to me will always be Stefano DiMera. :-)  TK certainly looks like he could be his son, though.

And a favorite Zendall scene...

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 2

Well, I'd rather see Eric with Gloria than Taylor. And I'd rather see him with Donna than anyone. But where's the conflict in that? An Eric/Donna/Gloria triangle would be fun. But it still bothers me that he dumped Donna for putting on some weight. With Donna and Katie's talk, Eric and Gloria's scene and Eric and Taylor talking it does seem like they are testing the waters for some romance for Eric.

• Love 4

Fucking show. The two best things they have had going in probably the last five years and they are going to blow both of them. After investing a year in Brooke and Bill's love story, I read spoilers that say 

Brooke accepts Deacon's proposal, so Bill will be free for Katie.

WTF? Then, they land on a goldmine with Ridge/Caroline/Rick, and they are going to drop that too? I am so pissed off that the only word I can think of is.......fuck! To make matters worse, I am also reading that 

Rick and Caroline reconcile and that Maya and Caroline both turn up pregnant.

That is just so EWWWW! Then add in this tidbit 

A Caroline and Carter hookup

, and I am about done. What is there to look forward too? Especially since they will probably be showing a lot of Hope and Liam since she is leaving the show. What a dismal outlook for December. 

I hope Rick is totally insincere; that will only boost Caroline's position. After engaging in a full blown affair, and disrespecting his family and company, this will hopefully be the final blow. There is no way Eric can back peddle on his threats now. He told Rick to reconcile with his wife, but he didn't tell him to do it with an agenda. Eric should see that Rick will never get past this, because it is not about Caroline. It is about a lifetime of living with Ridge. It is about Brooke, and Bridget, and Donna, and Taylor, and Steffy, and Phoebe. Rick has always been a punk ass little bitch, and has been molly coddled his whole life by Brooke and Eric, and it is showing what a little monster they have created. 

Katie sweetie, how long have you known Ridge? Riiiight, just about your entire life. So, why would you think you can have all of him, when he has never been able to do that before? Oh, that is right, you two have something very special. A romance so unique that it defies imagination. And that is why Ridge flew half way around the world to stop his ex-wife from remarrying. And that is why he has discovered feelings for Caroline. And that is why you still were the Red Ribbon of Commitment. 

I am having a full on Linsey Godfrey girl crush; she has upped her game so much. And I know Ridge is a mess. And I know he is a Lothario. But it all works with Caroline. And Ridge is not acting like Ridge with her. Wanting her to shine. Wanting her to succeed and to get all the credit. And I get the distinct feeling that Ridge is fighting his feelings for her hard. He isn't saying anything because he can't. For once, I truly believe Ridge want's what he thinks is best for a woman, and he thinks what is best is for Caroline to go back to Rick. I wonder how he will feel when he learns Rick is not sincere, and that he is using Caroline? Why is the thought of Ridge coming to Caroline's rescue not offensive? 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 7

I like that Rick isn't going to be pushed into caring about Caroline again, even if his father tries to force that on him.  He's only been consistent about one thing since finding out about her infidelity, which is that he wants nothing to do with her.  It's funny that the two of them will be together and not actually want to be together.

Very true.

Since people are constantly shitting on Myrna...

To be fair, she is throwing her affair with Rick in everyone's face, not to mention spouting "lead model" to everybody with ears and running around like she owns the place.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

Regarding TK, I loved him as AMC's Zach Slater (WAH! Zendall! That YouTube clip brought it all back -- they were my favorite soap couple!) and PC's Ian Thornhart. OTLT's Patrick Thornhart, not so much -- far too twee and full of poetry. (It wasn't as ludicrous as it is with Ridge because Patrick was a poetry dude from the start.) I'm torn about him as Ridge. ITA that his best chemistry on B&B is with LG's Caroline. He and Katie and he and Brooke are deathly boring.

TK looks best with very short hair. You have to work with the hair you've got, and the man has messy hair. Chop it off!

P.S. I just want to say a huge thank-you to these boards for being here for all of us when twop went down. I love the atmosphere here, I love the discussions, and you guys keep me going at work. I could not get through my job without my soap opera forum breaks.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 15

P.S. I just want to say a huge thank-you to these boards for being here for all of us when twop went down. I love the atmosphere here, I love the discussions, and you guys keep me going at work. I could not get through my job without my soap opera forum breaks.

Agreed.  The mods here are not particularly strict, yet the people here are always respectful when disagreeing with a post & are great at not giving away spoilers. 

• Love 11

No way do I think that Caroline/Ridge are over or that Caroline will move on to have feelings for someone else. The way these scenes have been played with TK and LG is that Ridge is an itch Caroline is trying not to scratch and vice versa. The longer they ignore it, the badder the itch until they finally have to scratch it. I think it'll happen for Caroline when she finds out that Rick reconciled only to secure his job and is keeping Maya on the side. That kind of duplicity will break any remaining loyalty to him and she'll go after the man she wants- Ridge.

I really need a scene of Taylor asking Ridge WTH was he thinking with Caroline and do her therapizing and realize that he's got it bad for Caroline but is sincerely trying to do what's best for her by backing off. She can provide a sounding board with no personal agenda to let us know what's going on inside his head with all of this.

• Love 2

I'm just thrilled that a young actress on this show gets to play a complex, flawed heroine.  I've been pleasantly surprised by LG's work thus far and look forward to more of it.  I find it hard to believe the same writers write a classic soap heroine like Caroline and in contrast, that simpering goody two shoes who must not be named!

• Love 10
Somebody way upthread mentioned his days on AMC--Zack and Kendall, I think?--I need to look that stuff up!

The beginning of their relationship is perfection.  Just the way he looks at her... 

I loved Zach and Kendall on AMC but before that loved TK as Ian Thornhart on Port Charles.  Which is weird, because I did not like him all that much as brother Patrick Thornhart on OLTL.  Go figure.

I swear, I was beginning to think I was the only one who loved Ian on PC.  (And I even liked Ian/Lucy.)  And, yes, I hated Patrick.  Damn "Brown Penny" shit.  

And a favorite Zendall scene...

Definitely one of my favorites.  I still remember him all flustered and nervous, playing with those straps hanging down her shoulders.  Zach could never stop touching Kendall, and TK did so well portraying that. 

And that is why you still were the Red Ribbon of Commitment.

With all the paparazzi and tabloid coverage the Forrester and Logan clans seem to endure (i.e. everyone in creation knowing all about Hope's love life), how is it that we haven't seen things like reporters questioning why Katie doesn't have a real damn engagement ring yet?  The man's family business has some in house jewelry designers, and he still can't manage to put an engagement ring on her finger? 

• Love 3

tessaray, no worries--I'd never seen TK before B&B, but I LOVE him! I couldn't stand Ronnnn Moss. Just too cheesy. He did nothing for me looks-wise (too 80's/pretty-boy for my tastes), I used to cringe whenever he and Brooke started rolling around in a bed, and his acting was literally laughable (e.g., on Talk Soup). So you and I can be on the TK Island!

Is there room for me on TK Island?

I get that a lot of folks don't buy him as Ridge, since his accent slips sometimes and his portrayal is such a departure from RM.  But I found RM so bad that I'm glad TK took Ridge in a different direction.  I don't think that growling sheet of lumber could have delivered this story of Ridge with Caroline.  It would have been ridiculous.  But now, IMO, this is the best pairing they've had in a long time.  I used to think that Ridge and Brooke were an end game.  Now, I'm wondering if it's Ridge and Caroline.  Like she said, they've come full circle and it makes total sense.

• Love 6

First time poster here, and I just wanted to say I love your board and please, please, PLEASE sign me up for TK island too! The man has made me go from "meh" about B&B to not wanting to miss a show! I understand why he's not everyone's cup of tea, and I didn't even see *it* myself at first. But now I'm just like, WHOA! All I can say is he is incredibly, devastatingly sexy. I'm SO glad that Brad Bell hired him for this soap.

And it's not just his looks, it's his entire demeanor, and especially his acting style. That's actually what really won me over. For the first time since I have been watching this show (off and on) since it premiered, I actually ROOT for Ridge. Don't get me wrong, I liked RM's Ridge, and he had his moments in the role. But this new guy?!? I want him to take FC and LA by STORM. Take down Rick, Bill and whoever else is in his way. 

And I agree that Ridge and Caroline are on FIRE. I never wanted TK's Ridge with Brooke, and I was lukewarm to him and Katie (I liked it mostly because it burned Brooke down deep in her soul). But he and Caroline burn up the screen. I don't have any faith that the writers won't blow it, however. Anyway, Team Ridge all the way!

Edited by Gemini
  • Love 9

TK Island?  :-)  Sure, why not?  The more the merrier.

I haven't seen Ridge's kids yet or know if he has any friends but TK can bring the father/son thing and do a great bromance. They just need to give him something to work with.

To be fair though, and as much as I love the guy, he can tune out when he doesn't like a story and I don't really approve of any actor when they do that.

I loved Bill and Katie today.  He was killing me every time he talked about that string (ribbon, twine).

I will avoid TK island at all costs.  Not necessarily TK, but TK as Ridge.  I know Ridge Forrester, and he is no Ridge.

I would love it if somehow Rick was playing both Caroline and Maya, just to make it interesting, but I don't see the advantage of playing Maya.

• Love 3

I will avoid TK island at all costs.  Not necessarily TK, but TK as Ridge.  I know Ridge Forrester, and he is no Ridge.

As a relatively new viewer, I have no emotional attachment to Ridge but I understand when a character that iconic has been played by the same actor for so long, it's really hard to accept a different actor.  It probably doesn't help that he doesn't seem to have much chemistry with KKL.       

• Love 1

As a relatively new viewer, I have no emotional attachment to Ridge but I understand when a character that iconic has been played by the same actor for so long, it's really hard to accept a different actor.  It probably doesn't help that he doesn't seem to have much chemistry with KKL.       

I wasn't particularly attached to Ronnnnnnn Moss (nor did I care about Ridge and Brooke's epic love affair; I was more of a Ridge/Taylor gal myself), but there are character traits that have appeared with TK that make no sense for Ridge.  Literacy, for example.  Plus, they completely trashed the character by not having him come back for his mother's death.  Stephanie and Ridge were the true love story of B&B; for him not to be around made no sense and they still haven't explained it.

• Love 5

I still think Taylor would take back Ridge in a heartbeat, so I can't say she wouldn't have an agenda. That's the problem with having her as a psychiatrist on this show--she's got too much baggage with the people she's trying to help.

I got the sense that Taylor going after Ridge towards the end had less to do with loving Ridge, and more to do with beating Brooke, myself. I honestly think she'd encourage him to go with Caroline if it means Brooke loses him too.

I do agree that no real shrink would be doing work for their inner circle of friends and family like this.

• Love 2

I wasn't particularly attached to Ronnnnnnn Moss (nor did I care about Ridge and Brooke's epic love affair; I was more of a Ridge/Taylor gal myself), but there are character traits that have appeared with TK that make no sense for Ridge. Literacy, for example. Plus, they completely trashed the character by not having him come back for his mother's death. Stephanie and Ridge were the true love story of B&B; for him not to be around made no sense and they still haven't explained it.

If Ronn didn't want to stay, TIIC should have at least looked into a temporary replacement as the Stephanie cancer story wrapped up, then decide what to do after that. Not having Ridge around at the end kills 30 years of codependent history between those two.

• Love 2

I still don't know why they didn't do a lost at sea story.  That would have explained everything and could have gone on indefinitely.  His mother died, his only living daughter had a miscarriage and Ridge is just chillin' in Paris, taking helicopter lessons and going to gay pride parades?

• Love 8

I hadn't starting watching when Bill & Katie were together, but I'm really enjoying their scenes.  It's the first time I've liked Katie at all, actually.  And Bill poking fun at the Ribbon o' Love was great. 

Things might be easier on Ridge and Caroline if he would stop lovingly caressing and holding her.  In my opinion, of course.  Although, I like Ridge and Caroline together, so I'm fine with it.

I knew Rick had a plaaaaaannnnn!!!

As a new viewer, I love when you guys talk about things like "Mushmouth is Marcus, Donna's biological son with Justin, Bill's trusty sidekick and homicidal helicopter pilot. Eric adopted Marcus, somehow, when he and Donna were together" and "Taylor dated Rick in the distant past. But then again Taylor has dated all of Eric's sons"!  Really, I do, because when you just read it laid out like that, it's all so hilariously delightful.

• Love 12

Agreed.  The mods here are not particularly strict, yet the people here are always respectful when disagreeing with a post & are great at not giving away spoilers.

and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Rick continues to prove what a poor choice for CEO he is.

How is Caroline (or Ridge) not suspicious of Rick's sudden turnaround. I mean it's the same day he tried to tank the fashion show.

At least Bill was smart enough not to tell anybody about his version of the fake reconciliation until he had the signed papers. Rick tells the company blabbermouth.

And since my niece always asks me, I'll ask    Where's Whip? 

• Love 8

Rick's tap dancing with Maya and whining ' But my dad, said I hafta!' was such a turnoff I don't know why even Maya didn't turn up her nose at him and his seeming spinelessness.

If you so hard up for a job that you cave to daddy's demands rather than tell him to kick rocks you aren't really a man at all.

Although I do think Rick is playing Maya with his 'I'm doing this for us' explanation. The way she was about to explode, Rick had to cork her and cork her fast before she became an unpredictable liability. By telling her that he's reconciling only until he can cement his position she'll toe the line for a bit. But really? When Eric finds out that Rick was trying to wait him out? I think he will have had it with Rick's ways. That ugly side of him that bedded Steffy just to stick it to Ridge is back in full force.

Caroline weeping in Ridge's arms after agreeing to reconcile was actually pretty sad. The interesting thing about Ridge is that he wants her but I think he's actually thinking about the what happens after I get her? We live happily ever after? Marriage? Kids? It's all pretty scary to contemplate b/c he was so sure he would be with Katie or Brooke. Caroline is a wrinkle he didn't plan and he's been unsure of every move since falling for her. The safest choice is to send her back to Rick and not mess up her life any more. And yet he can't let her go and now she's more sure about not wanting to let him go. Classic good soap.

• Love 10
How is Caroline (or Ridge) not suspicious of Rick's sudden turnaround. I mean it's the same day he tried to tank the fashion show.

Caroline, at least, seemed sure, from the start, that he'd get over it and want to work things out with her, so I can see her accepting it, because it's what she expected.  Add in that she's feeling guilty and confused over her feelings for Ridge, and I can see her not stopping to think that Rick is playing her.  

Ridge, on the other hand, should smell a rat.  I assume it won't be long before Maya arranges for Ridge to find out about Rick's plan.  She may pretend to Rick's face that she's fine with whatever he needs to do, but she's not going to be happy with Caroline being in position as Rick's wife, when she thinks that she's entitled to that role.  So if she can find some way to make sure Caroline knows Rick's sleeping with her while keeping her own hands clean (and letting Ridge dirty his hands), she'll jump on it. 

• Love 5

Rick continues to prove what a poor choice for CEO he is.

Waitadamnminute! Rick is CEO? Who knew? Not that they mention it in every scene. Over and over.

Just the other day Hope said "I hate Ivy and Rick is CEO."

By next week it'll be mandatory at the end of everyone's every sentence....not unlike now.

• Love 10

So, is Rick playing Caroline or Maya? I thought his whining to Maya that his father gave him an ultimatum was funny (not too mention horribly acted by JY) but I wasn't sure if he was playing Maya or not. Then when he went to Caroline and asked a Ridge to stay made me think he really wants Caroline back but he really wants Ridge to suffer. So what is it?

Rick:  I'm using Caroline to hold onto the CEO position because Dad is forcing me to.

Hope:  (Looking into the distance daydreaming; cue montage of her and Liam at the animal shelter)

Rick:  Hello, Earth to Hope?

Hope:  I hate Ivy!

Rick:  Thanks.  For nothing.

Actually, I think that one of Hope's better uses has been a sounding board for Rick.  She always gave him pretty sound advice with a side of compassion.

So, is Rick playing Caroline or Maya?

How about both? As was mentioned upthread, he has to do something to keep loose cannon Maya placated while also pretending to Caroline that he truly wants to reconcile.

I think Eric was dumb to make such a condition anyway. What's he going to do, put cameras in their bedroom to make sure they're "fully" reconciling? Why does Eric keep putting Caroline in a position to be worked by one of his sons? I think maybe Bill beat up the wrong Forrester.

Maya needs to go take a Mistressing for Beginners class because plenty of women in her position have found themselves waiting for years--decades even--until the guy allegedly "can" leave his wife. I doubt Maya will last more than a couple of months tops, though. I really hope someone figures out Rick's ruse and drops the bomb at a board meeting the same way Maya did. Bonus points if it's Ridge or Caroline who does the honors.

• Love 13

Actually, I think that one of Hope's better uses has been a sounding board for Rick. She always gave him pretty sound advice with a side of compassion.

When she's not making it about how WE WAS ROBBED!!!1, of course.

Given her current situation, I'd rather she sit this one out.

If you so hard up for a job that you cave to daddy's demands rather than tell him to kick rocks you aren't really a man at all.

It's so hard to take these man children on the show seriously because all of them allow themselves to be dragged around the nose by their parents, or other adults.

Remember the good ol' days when Caroline I struck out on her own after Bill Sr. ruined her wedding? Or how Donna moved out with a scuzzy boyfriend because she was tired of sharing a room with her two sisters? Or how Thorne didn't immediately jump on Bill's offer to work for SP as long as he married Caroline?

Or even how Thorne (who I assume was where Rick's current age is now at the time) got completely cut off from his inheritance if we went through with marrying Brooke, and he basically flipped the family the bird? THIS IS WHAT ADULTS DO. Not hide behind daddy's wealth or stare straight ahead as the mothers of your two love interest badger you into picking one or whine and cry and demand annulments so you can have a 46328th attempt at a wedding.

I don't even want Bridget to come back, because she would be ruined somehow, too.

• Love 6

Rick's tap dancing with Maya and whining ' But my dad, said I hafta!' was such a turnoff I don't know why even Maya didn't turn up her nose at him and his seeming spinelessness.

The way she was about to explode, Rick had to cork her and cork her fast before she became an unpredictable liability. By telling her that he's reconciling only until he can cement his position she'll toe the line for a bit. But really? When Eric finds out that Rick was trying to wait him out? I think he will have had it with Rick's ways. That ugly side of him that bedded Steffy just to stick it to Ridge is back in full force.

Caroline weeping in Ridge's arms after agreeing to reconcile was actually pretty sad. The interesting thing about Ridge is that he wants her but I think he's actually thinking about the what happens after I get her? We live happily ever after? Marriage? Kids? It's all pretty scary to contemplate b/c he was so sure he would be with Katie or Brooke. Caroline is a wrinkle he didn't plan and he's been unsure of every move since falling for her. The safest choice is to send her back to Rick and not mess up her life any more. And yet he can't let her go and now she's more sure about not wanting to let him go. Classic good soap.

I have nothing against JY and think he's a fairly decent actor, but I tried to imagine KL in these scenes and I don't think he would have come off a such a whiny vaginy in that scene.  There is something about JY and his pouting that makes the character seem so juvenile.  

I totally agree with your whole post, excellent assessment.   I am really loving Caroline and Ridge more and more.. and kudos to how LG and TK are playing it.  Really hitting all the right notes with the looks.  I am especially impressed with TK's body language and you can see that Ridge is really struggling internally and physically...fighting the urges to touch her, the painful restraint that is taking its toll on him.   

I really think that Caroline has thrown Ridge for an emotional loop...one he has never encountered in his life.    Such a delicious story and I don't mind the twist and turns along the way...because I think it's going to be a slow burn for these two. 

I totally called that Eric was going to stipulate Rick getting back together with Caroline.  There was no way it was just going to be that easy to keep the CEO gig and keep Myrna.   What I think will happen now is that Myrna is going to shortly announce to Rick she's pregnant and he'll have to find a way to get her to keep her mouth shut.  She may use this as leverage against Rick if he tries to shove her off. 

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 8