Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

You go,Eric!!! He was right when he said that he waited too long to realize that Stephanie was the one. I loved it when Eric said Rick was shacking up with Maya and embarrassing himself. But holding the CEO job over his head was a BIG mistake. You know Rick was going to choose the job, and he'll put up with Caroline for the time being.

Caroline is an idiot. So, she drew some dresses on a piece of paper. If she thinks that's the ultimate intimacy, she's too immature to be involved with anyone. And when Ridge was trying to talk her into staying with Rick, why didn't he confess that he used her to get the CEO job? And if he wanted her to go back to Rick, why didn't he just say "Caroline, I love Katie, not you." But no. He basically said nothing.

• Love 1

I literally cannot watch this crap anymore.  The people who fucked up are getting rose petals thrown at their feet and the people who didn't fuck up are apologizing and getting yelled at.  I have no problem whatsoever with Eric yelling at Rick over his attempt to sabotage the line, but when Rick says several times "I don't want to be with her", respect it.  Don't threaten to fire him.  At the same exact time Eric was saying it was "just a few kisses", Caroline is telling Ridge it was more than that.

Maybe fault needs to be added to both sides to create drama, but having Eric brow beat Rick into apologizing to Caroline and having her say shit like "I'm glad I saw this side of him now" is just horsecrap I can't handle.

Carter and Maya were pretty funny.

• Love 1

Well, well, well.  Isn't this interesting.

I have a few thoughts:

• I pretty much laughed every time Carter told Maya about herself.  There have been times that people have remembered the model over the fashions, but those happen few and far between.  This was not one.
  • I do think Rick still loves Caroline, but this whole thing is convoluted.  Who is Eric to actively meddle in his grown children's love lives?  First he tried it with Ridge and Brooke, now with Rick and Caroline.  Rick is being an idiot with the company (while simultaneously making money; sounds like a chip off of the old block to me) -- hold his feet to the fire for that, not for who he "wants" to be with.  Let him make his own mistakes until he learns from them.
  • I'm glad Rick mentioned that fact that Eric was a straight up horn dog.  Get over yourself.  Eric married Sheila Carter, who tormented their family for years.  He also had to climb out of a windowsill to avoid being caught in the act of adultery.  Of course he thinks a few kisses is nothing.
  • Love 4

Nope.  When Ridge told her that he kissed Caroline, she went on this whole rant about how she wakes up every morning and ties the ribbon on her finger because it means the world to her.

I am also obsessed by the dirty red ribbon.  Beyond the hygenic considerations, what about the humiliation?  How can Katie even show her face.  When she places the ratty ribbon on her finger each day isn't that like another to stab to her weak heart?  I would love a scene where she throws it in the fireplace.  Or just dumps it in the trash with the other twist ties and bread bag fasteners.

• Love 6

Eric was absolutely right to threaten Rick's position for letting his personal stuff affect the the company.

Eric was absolutely wrong to attach something personal as a condition for Rick to keep the position.

I suppose it makes a more interesting story line Eric's way.

IMO Rick should be demoted* for what he tried to do.

I think Maya would make an excellent floating head. 

*It's a family business so maybe not fired.

• Love 6

I'm okay with Eric holding the job over Rick's head with a Caroline related threat because everybody knows he loves his wife and he's allowing they love and anger and hurt influence the way he's handling the job in ways that could prove to be detrimental. Also, it's a family business and you can get away with BS like that. But seriously, I think if Rick made an honest effort to work things out with Caroline and it just didn't work out, Eric wouldn't take the job away from him. But this acting like a bitch baby business has got to stop.

Cannot wait for Myrna to get her comeuppance. Don't approve of her trying to interfere in a marriage, hate how thoroughly ungracious she was and lording it over people, ordering Caroline and Ridge around, demanding an annulment, roaming around Brooke's house in goodness-only-knows' robe, sticking her nose in everywhere, thinking she could be a lead model with that horrible walk. She should have behaved with way more class and common sense and subtlety. It will be interesting to see how she's treated later. I hope they learned she doesn't belong in all of those meetings that have nothing to do with being a spokesmodel.

• Love 6

Rick definitely deserved to be reprimanded for trying to tank the line (by selling coture gown at coture prices....), but damn Eric is such a yoyo.  He always makes his kids compete against one another and he changes his mind every 2 seconds about who should be CEO.

I think it would be interesting if they had Rick leave Forrestor to start his own fashion line.  Logan Designs or something (calling it Those Logan Sluts From The Valley probably wouldn't be allowed lol).  Then you could have Brooke join him over there and create another Belief type formula, getting her involved in things again.  Obviously they would need a designer as well.  It might be interesting so see the drama of getting a fashion line off the ground, trying to compete with the established family business, and then bringing back some of the fashion house rivalry like with Spectra and Jackie M.  They could always eventually have Logan Designs merge back into Forrestor if they wanted to as well.

I think Ridge is going to end up playing Caroline for a complete fool.  They will probably hook up, then Brooke will breeze back into town and we can start the countdown for how long it takes until he is chasing her again.  

Soap characters never go to the bathroom, unless they're pregnant and puking.  And even that's rare.  Soap moms faint in early pregnancy instead of puking.

Wait a second, didn't Caroline have a dizzy spell the other day?  Maybe she and Ridge start something then she discovers she is pregnant to Rick?

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Love 8

bubble sparkly, who are you?  You're awesome!  I can tell already.  A fashion house started by Rick would be really intriguing.  Especially if Hope is recast.  Would she want HFTF to stay at Forrester or move it to the new one?  How would Aly feel?  Would Deacon finally get a job?

Welcome to the madness! ;-)

• Love 2

Welcome bubble sparkly, and I am with kia112, who are you and where the heck have you been? A Logan fashion house is brilliant. Looks like you are gonna fit right in!

What the heck is going on with this show? Who are these writers? I have not deleted one episode from this week because they were all so stinkin good, I want to go back and watch them in order again. The performances today though were off the chain. Fucking Eric and Rick had me balling like a big ass baby; I think that was the first time I have ever really felt "it" between Eric and Rick as father and son. Eric sounded ridiculous, but he is clearly trying to set Rick on the correct path, and he has every right to be pissed that Rick was playing Russian Roulette with FC's. Rick was bold, and on target when he called Eric on his womanizing, but, the big difference is that no matter what was going on in Eric's personal life, he never let it interfere in what was best for Forrester, and he never used the company as a weapon. 

Caroline and Ridge. Jesus. Those two have something, and I find it quite powerful. I don't want Caroline to go back to Rick under any circumstances. She has admitted feelings for Ridge, and is finally being honest with herself. I absolutely love how they are playing this story between these two. I am so used to the hustle and bustle of Hope and Liam, and the lightning fast romances and weddings, that this slow, more natural pace is jarring. But when Ridge and Caroline finally give in it will be so much sweeter. I just can't say enough about Linsey Godfrey, she has really become the bell of the ball.

Poor Maya, trying so desperately to convince everyone that Rick loves her. The comments above are correct; If Maya had played things a little cooler, and had been a little less obvious, she might have only gotten the hairy eyeball from everyone. As it is, no matter how it turns out with Rick and Caroline, she is on some mighty thin ice. Eric pretty much showed her her future path at FC's, and it ain't the Yellow Brick Road.

I liked Caroline's outfit better than any of the gowns.  

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

Welcome, Bubble Sparkly, we will be sure to have a montage of you sometime next week complete with cheesy pop music about hearts and giving and sadness. There will be slo mo longing looks and yearning glances and spinning. Oh the spinning!

I don't have much more to offer than what my esteemed colleagues have already discussed.

The "fashion show" was a normal FC ho hum non event. Four gowns that looked like Project Runway All stars 2 day couture challenge contestants made them. Nothing wow about them, not color, not fit, material...nothing. The styling was even boring. It looked like a fashion show in a church basement. I know I wouldn't pay 10 grand for any of those Macy's prom dresses. The runway was so short it seemed like all the models wouldn't be able to 'line up behind the lead model". Maya can take a room full of seats, but I guess this is just who she is now.

I agree with Eric that Rick needs to man up. I don't agree with the carrot he's dangling on a stick to get Rick to do it.

I liked Rick's (heartfelt?) apology to Caroline, I don't think she should accept it though.

• Love 8

*wipes tears* whew. Today's show got me. Such good stuff. Rick and Eric gave me all the life I've been missing since we haven't had any Bill and Liam scenes lately. I guess they were like "we can give you some good father/son scenes too, just watch."

Eric was a mess trying to lecture Rick but I did love his pointing out that of course he wanted Rick to be better than he could ever be. That's part of being a parent.

• Love 7
Rick's (heartfelt?) apology

Nah, there's wasn't much heartfelt about it, IMO. He mainly did it so Eric wouldn't take the CEO job away from him. I think Caroline should tell him to go eff himself, or at least make firing Maya a condition of their reconciliation.

• Love 5

I wouldn't take a man back or accept his apology in that situation. Even if Rick is still in love with Caroline, how will she know if his apology is heartfelt or if it's just a gambit to hold on to the job he's so thirsty for? The whole thing makes Caroline seem like she's just a part of some business transaction, if that makes any sense.

I have to say that all the actors involved are bringing their best game to this storyline. Rick's anger and hurt are so palpable as to make me uncomfortable, Caroline and Ridge have some real, unforced chemistry that's taken me by surprise, and Maya is working that manipulative mistress thing to the hilt.

He always makes his kids compete against one another and he changes his mind every 2 seconds about who should be CEO.

Welcome, Bubble! I don't think I really noticed this dynamic because Eric was always so much more genial about it than Stephanie, but it's so very true.

• Love 7

Go Eric!!!  I wanted to play "Give us the room, Maya!" on an endless loop  Also love Eric basically pooh-poohing Caroline & Ridge...it was a couple kisses, big deal!  I'd actually love to be able to quote everything Eric said yesterday, it was all so great!

I think Caroline should tell him to go eff himself, or at least make firing Maya a condition of their reconciliation.

As much as I would love to see this, I think it would just give Maya something to "poor me" about.  I want Maya's incredible arrogance to be her undoing.

• Love 8

I think Ridge is going to end up playing Caroline for a complete fool.  They will probably hook up, then Brooke will breeze back into town and we can start the countdown for how long it takes until he is chasing her again.

Of course, because every time this show has a good thing going, they tank it. I'm slowly warming up to Caridge (the family history aside), but I do not need or want a Bridge reunion, ever. TIIC would have been smart to cut the losses from that after the Thomas paternity came out.

• Love 2

I was confused by the fact that those kisses were the reason Eric used to boot Ridge from CEO but Caroline "just made a mistake" .  

The only things I could think of that made sense there (not that I necessarily agree with them completely) would be that it's one or a combination of Eric holding Ridge to a higher standard (both because he's got a lot more age and experience on Caroline and has seniority over Caroline in terms of FC) and also because Eric likely views it as Ridge screwing with Rick (and putting Caroline in the middle of that).  Yes, Caroline was an active and willing participant (and the one who is married), but I can kind of see why, from Eric's perspective, what Ridge did bothered him more.  

I have a feeling we're going to see something like Caroline accepting Rick's apology and resuming her marriage, probably under the belief that Ridge doesn't feel the same way about her.  She'll have no idea that Rick came back apologizing because Eric threatened to take his job away if he didn't get back together with her.  Ridge will back off, thinking that, despite having feelings for him, what Caroline really wants is to fix her marriage, but down the line, he will somehow find out that Eric laid down that ultimatum moments before Rick came back to Caroline with his tail between his legs, and he'll decide to go for it with her.  

Meanwhile, as much as I enjoyed watching Eric shoot down Maya's bright-eyed enthusiasm when he came into the office by ordering her ass out of there, I'm going to enjoy even more seeing her reaction when she finds out Rick just went back, hat in hand, to Caroline.  

• Love 7

I was confused by the fact that those kisses were the reason Eric used to boot Ridge from CEO but Caroline "just made a mistake" .  

I could be wrong, but I thought it had more to do with the fact that Ridge was using Caroline to get the CEO position...you know, doing that thing Katie said he'd never do because it so isn't like him? :)

• Love 1

What I loved about the Ridge/Bill fight aside from Bill and Ridge huffing and puffing in their tight shirts was that the real reason Ridge escalate the fight was that 1) deep down he felt he deserved a butt whooping for hurting Caroline and Rick and b/c he knows he has inappropriate feelings for Caroline and doesn't feel guilty about them and 2) he knows whaling on Rick for being a punk is inappropriate b/c he did wrong him and he is his brother, but Bill? He'll always deserve an butt whooping and can handle himself.

And srsly, Bill? Caroline is young enough to be Ridge's daughter? You mean like Steffy? The girl who YOU were licking all over and sworded ( which is only one step above a little red string) while married to Katie? Go sit down with your hypocritical fine butt.

And as for using someone to secure a position, you had no issue seducing Katie to get her to sign over control back to you w/ the intent of going back to Brooke.

However, I will say as much as I love Caroline/Ridge is that if she truly wants to reconcile with Rick she shouldn't be hugging Ridge, the man she hurt Rick with, so openly and frequently. It betrays more than she realizes to everyone around them.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 11

B&B has a track record of prematurely wrapping up or completely abandoning the more compelling storylines (e.g. murder of Senor Montemayor.) I hope that this isn't the case here; Monday Rick dumps Maya and goes home to Caroline, all's right with the world. The writers, actors and the viewers have too much invested in this!

Not another Dope-inspired Thanksgiving... Groan...

• Love 5

I just got caught up on 2 weeks worth of shows - halfway through I was wondering if it was even worth but by Friday's show... yeah, it was worth it.  

First a couple of comments on the previous 8 shows. Amsterdam was kind of boring.  Normally I love foreign locations (the only reason I watch House Hunters International, for instance) but it fell flat to me.  Maybe it's because even though I like both characters, Liam and Ivy - who are cute, don't get me wrong - are kind of boring.  They have lots of friend chemistry but not seeing the instant romance.  Wyatt and Hope were actually much more interesting to me.  I enjoyed Wyatt finally putting it out there that it had to stop, the longing looks, etc. Totally #teamwyatt at that point.  

So, now - Thursday/Friday.  Caroline finally gets tired of being humiliated and demeaned and starts looking at everything from a different perspective.  (yay!)  Lots of embraces (with me wondering what kind of shampoo she uses, lol) and then, Eric confronting Rick, like he should have the week before.

And that final apology was masterfully duplicitous. Everything Rick said was intended to indicate he meant Caroline but we knew that he was talking about the company, and his position as CEO was what he was trying to save.  This is the first time in decades that I've been so riveted by a triangle on a show, daytime or primetime.  Kudos to the actors and writers (even Jacob Young, an actor I'm not very fond of).  This triangle even makes Katie and Bill kind of interesting.  :-)

ETA:  even the timing is interesting. Caroline finally starts to reevaluate and then gets what she claimed she wanted, a reconciliation.  Looking forward to what happens on Monday. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 7

I figure that Rick is appearing to want to reconcile with Caroline in part because of Eric's threat, but also as part of some sort of revenge plan.  Lure her in, pretend like everything is fine, and then try to destroy her somehow.  

That fight was fantastic.  The weird roll over the chaise, the wry looks, the fake punches, every bit of it.  The best thing this show has done visually since Ridge fell out of the helicopter.

• Love 5

I figure that Rick is appearing to want to reconcile with Caroline in part because of Eric's threat, but also as part of some sort of revenge plan. Lure her in, pretend like everything is fine, and then try to destroy her somehow.

Given Rick's history, that's a distinct possibility.

Which is why I'm so confused to this day about why KL was let go because TIIC had no story, just to recast less than six months later. That, and the writers like to pretend that any and all history for a character ceases to exist with a new face in the role (like Thomas the car bomber). KL had an edge to him. JY....eh, not so much.

• Love 2

Most of the time, I view "we have no story for this character" as a polite way of saying "we have zero interest in writing for that actor."  I wasn't watching then, but I'm guessing this is the case.  I can't imagine they couldn't find story for Rick, given his pedigree and established relationships.  When JY was available, after a strong run on AMC, they suddenly decided they had interest in the character again.  

Side note: having seen him now here, on GH as Lucky, and on AMC as JR, I think JR was definitely his strongest performance (or the character that was the best fit for him).  He's miles better here than he was as Lucky, though.  Miles.  

• Love 4

Taylor returns and wants to resume her relationship with Eric.

Ridge shuts Caroline down and tells her to go back to Rick and work on their marriage, and Ridge returns to Katie to work on their relationship.

Maya is devastated when Rick tells her he wants his marriage back.

Just a few of the dreadful spoilers I have read; seems we go back to the status quo. So disappointing after all these weeks of great shows, and building excitement. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 2

I actually like Maya.  What does she have to lose?  She's creating drama and going for what she wants.  If nothing else, at least there is less focus on Hope and Liam.  I have a hard time understanding why Carter is still there.  He was brought on as a tie to Mushmouth.  Well, Mushmouth has been gone for months.  Unlike with Steffy, they haven't even bothered to mention him.  I think he and Daisy are supposedly at International in Paris?  Sure was nice of Hope to think about calling him, no?  He's kind of her uncle.  With Mushmouth gone, why do we still have to suffer through Carter?  And why is he acting so smug all the time?

I'm truly baffled by the Gloria appearance.  Granted, she is underused on Y&R, but what is the purpose of this crossover?  I hope it's to test her for coming over permanently.  This show needs a strong older female of Eric's generation.  She was such a golddigger in the Lynn Marie Trolltham days.  Then she got neutered.  If she can come between Taylor and Eric, please, I'm all for her.  Watching Gloria eat the famous lemon bars was hilarious.

I don't care for Rick and his increasingly beady eyes.  I do agree with him, I find it ridiculous that people would pay $9,000 for a dress, but what do I know...

I don't get the appeal of Ridge.  He looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks, and I'm going to say it.  He's FAT.  He's been back for months, and it's like the elephant in the room, none of these characters comments on the fact that he's twice as big as he used to be?  He's a designer, women flock to buy his dresses because they want to look great in them, and he can't even take care of himself?  Especially considering what he used to look like?  Seems like it would be a blow to his credibility.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 7

The new Ridge sucks in every way and my opinion has not changed.  For a while he even had an accent!  I commented about it's fakeness on a FB site and someone pretending (?) to be him asked if I didn't like it?!  LOL  He is physically not the specimen we enjoyed looking at for years that is for sure.  

Oh God, just watched Taylor with Eric in a scene...honestly can't take my eyes off her face.  Nothing moves and it is truly a sight to behold.  

Heather Tom really is a great actress and I so wish she had not left her role as Victoria.  Ridge however looks like her father in their scenes today.  

• Love 4

Last time Dayzee mentioned Mushmouth, he was in South Africa, working with their new demographic of buyers acquired with the HFTF rebrand.  I assume Dayzee joined him there.

Carter also annoys me, but I read spoilers saying

that the new year might bring Rick and Maya back together and that Carter and Caroline hook up. During the first Rick/Maya go round, some of us were wondering why Caroline didn't go for Carter, so this might be interesting.

Yeah, I'm interested to see how this reconciliation goes.  Rick is obviously still pissed and that he just laid it out for Maya the way it was instead of talking about how he actually wanted to reconcile with Caroline speaks to...something.  Not sure what, yet.

• Love 2

Taylor returns and wants to resume her relationship with Eric.

Ridge shuts Caroline down and tells her to go back to Rick and work on their marriage, and Ridge returns to Katie to work on their relationship.

Maya is devastated when Rick tells her he wants his marriage back.

Just a few of the dreadful spoilers I have read; seems we go back to the status quo. So disappointing after all these weeks of great shows, and building excitement. 

Le sighhhh...the writers have a history of not being able to get out of their own way, particularly when it comes to great storytelling, couples that actually have chemistry and allowing stories to develop and play out organically.  

I don't get the appeal of Ridge.  He looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks, and I'm going to say it.  He's FAT.  He's been back for months, and it's like the elephant in the room, none of these characters comments on the fact that he's twice as big as he used to be?  He's a designer, women flock to buy his dresses because they want to look great in them, and he can't even take care of himself?  Especially considering what he used to look like?  Seems like it would be a blow to his credibility.

It seems that the writers have been working overtime trying to palm off this piece of human refuse as some kind of prize.  His increasing girth was quite apparent in his fight scenes with Bill.  It simply doesn't work for me especially given what a vain fop Original Recipe Ridge was.  But, then nothing has been credible about nu-Ridge, from his "pome" reading to his supposed romance with Katie to his apparent disdain for good hygiene.

Like you, I am also puzzled about Carter's continued presence.  Other than being Ridge's psuedo-friend and the lousiest lay in all of L.A., what exactly is his purpose?

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 3

Yeah, I'm interested to see how this reconciliation goes.  Rick is obviously still pissed and that he just laid it out for Maya the way it was instead of talking about how he actually wanted to reconcile with Caroline speaks to...something.  Not sure what, yet.

Methinks Rick is playing a long con. He doesn't want to lose his title of CEO...

• Love 3

He's a designer, women flock to buy his dresses because they want to look great in them, and he can't even take care of himself?  Especially considering what he used to look like?  Seems like it would be a blow to his credibility.

I typed "famous fashion designers" into Google Images, and, well, Ridge would not be the most unattractive specimen out there.

• Love 5

Yes, Marcus's adoption is a mystery since a) he already had an adoptive family (see: Carter, his adoptive brother) and b) he was in his mid-20s when this adoption took place.

Eric hasn't been with Katie, because I guess even he has standards (rolls eyes).  Eric's blatant preference of Brooke over Katie and Caroline over Maya (round 1, last year; this time is understandable) rubs me the wrong way.  Did he care one way or another about Amber?  I don't remember.

• Love 5

Eric's talk with Taylor about his fatherly ultimatum to Rick was kind of gross when you consider that Taylor dated Rick in the distant past. But then again Taylor has dated all of Eric's sons so the fact that they are in a relationship at all is weird lol. It also makes Eric's insistence that he knows what is best for Rick (or any of his kids) very suspect.

I don't like the fact that this show always presents guys as viable romantic options when they are 15+ years older than the girl they are chasing, yet we rarely ever see the reverse. I think Rick/Taylor and Brooke/Deacon are the only examples that spring to mind. I think its time for Brooke and Katie to date some 25 y/o male model hunks.

• Love 7

TK is one of the reasons I'm watching so it feels weird that he isn't very well liked. 

I will agree that it wouldn't hurt a few of the guys to hit the gym but OTOH, I care more about the acting and chemistry, so I'm good. 

Agreed, this is really disappointing.

• Love 6