Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I'm kinda surprised that KM is leaving. She's on nonstop, always front burner, been on location out the wazoo, is bff with LG and probably gets paid (too) well. I thought she be there another 3-4 years. Maybe, she's hoping for a Pretty Little Liars gig. They have to recast, right? Brad Bell has invested (way) too much time in Hope, Liam, Wayatt, Quinn & now the baby. Okay, let's put on our casting caps. Who do we cast as the new Hope? Who isn't working now from OLTL or AMC? Who is looking for from the remaining 3 soaps?

Okay, let's put on our casting caps. Who do we cast as the new Hope? Who isn't working now from OLTL or AMC? Who is looking for from the remaining 3 soaps?

From what I remember of OLTL/AMC before the cancellations, that age group (early 20-somethings) was underrepresented. And no one from the online reboots seem like a potential Hope. Denyse Tontz maybe?  (Miranda/AMC)  A little bit young though.    

I wish KM well but she's probably better off leaving. IMO, even though Hope is supposed to be the younger lead, KM's acting ability is being strongly outshadowed by that of the actresses who play Caroline and Ivy. Looks like maybe Caroline and Ivy are going to be the new Hope and Steffy, except without the icky swapping of sex partners.

Denyse Tontz maybe?  (Miranda/AMC)  A little bit young though.

Yeah, she might be too young, plus she's not a blonde. I'd suggest the actress who was playing Emma Ryland on the Dallas reboot which was recently cancelled. Her name is Emma Bell. She might be more expensive to get though than someone with less experience in front-burner roles.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

A Creepy Floating Darla Head of Wisdom sighting! You know, when you can’t have the whole thing the head will do. I love Schae Harrison and miss Darla.  And really, how priceless was it to watch Ally council Taylor and her psycho babble? Taylor’s relationship with Ally is tenuous at best, so maybe you should just let the girl handle her mom’s absence the best way she can. But that is our Taylor, always trying to make something out of nothing.

Ivy laid out reality to Hope like no one’s business.

So, KM is leaving the show? Just put me in with those who are surprised. I hope her exit doesn’t spell the end for Rena Sofer, who has been wasted thus far. Will Hope and Wyatt run off to parts unknown to escape Quinn? Will Hope realize that Wyatt will never be able to completely cut Quinn out of his life and bolt with the baby? Will Hope tock, and take off to recuperate? And will they recast? I think so, given the time and investment Bradley has put into this character, although it would be nice to have Hope happily existing off canvas, and never having to hear her message again.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 2

I won't miss KM acting with her hands & always saying her lines like she is tired. Bad acting ticks that will probably land her on the CW or ABC Family. LOL!! I guess KKL is still away, right? So, KM exit must have been in the planning before KKL left for Italy because their goodbyes were real goodbyes at the time but I didn't realize it then.

• Love 2

I think KM is an ok actress, and I think she did a decent job at portraying fluffy Hope (IMO not so much as dramatic Hope), but I hope she gets a speech coach to help her stop doing that thing she does where she puts a weird stress on certain syllables.  Someone a few pages back asked if anyone else ever noticed this...I have, and I find it pretty distracting.

• Love 3

Although I'm sorry to see Brooke not have any daughters on canvas, I can't say I'm sorry to see Dope go. Of course, they'll probably recast to keep the dreaded triangle with ChickenHead and Waffles chugging away for another 10-20 years. 

Or will CH go after Ivy now, giving Quinnsane a new gal to target.

RuntheTable...please tell me that was a Halloween costume for Ronn because I know his style choices have been, ahem, questionable (especially his scarf obsession), but this is really bad.

• Love 2

I think someone lied to R.M. :S

I did a jig of glee when I heard we could potentially get a break from Hope. I hate how the show is centered around her and all the men that must have her. Her character was immature and lacked substance and shoved down our throats far too long.

• Love 4

Bright side?  No more montages.

My first thoughts exactly!

Have only read today's recap, but it looks like Myrna can put her dreams of the jet setting life away. Serves her right. Cannot wait until she gets her comeuppance and Rick's eyes are opened.

Dope will more than likely be played by a new actor, but I hope they'll take the focus off of her silly line and put more on couture where it belongs. I also hope this idea of making Maya lead model goes by the wayside, too, when Rick comes to his senses. She is no lead model: no height, no neck, no grace, bad legs. 

• Love 4

Is nobody on this show familiar with the term "slow your roll"?  Ivy's already inviting Liam to go to Amsterdam with her?  And, to make it even more perfect, it would be with her, Wyatt, and Hope?  And she was just certain he'd go, saying "if you leave now, you can pack and meet me at the jet!"  Also, was she not going to tell him before hand that Hope and Wyatt would be there?  Because he kind of had to drag that info out of her.  What a spectacularly crappy idea on her part. 

Sometimes I like Ivy, but then sometimes I feel like she and Maya should hang out together.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 2

This show is hilarious soap perfection right now. (And the commentary it's inspiring here is equally fab.) I wish the Y&R writers would take note!

Laughing so hard at the comments on SK's shirtless scene. I still have a soft spot for him, even if he's become something of a soft spot himself.

Will NOT miss the actress who plays Hope. I want to complain about how one-note she is, but the writers seem to have given her the same script every day for the past several years. No wonder she sounds tired all the time, gives her lines weird inflections, etc. How many ways can you recite the same thing over and over?

Love TK, but I do miss that Ronnnn Mosssss. That picture makes me miss him all the more. What a nut. I always felt like he and everyone else must have burst out laughing at the end of every single scene he was in.

• Love 5

Oddly enough, if he didn't have the stupid earrings & hair pulled back he'd be John McCook. Ronn Moss has a great face & looks so dumb in this getup. He was a horrible actor but he was quite popular with JJ, KKL & HT.

• Love 3

Wow...The scenes of Liam and Ivy, followed by the scenes of Liam and Hope, really show just how much Hope sucks the life out of Liam.

It's amazing how weak and silly Liam and Wyatt both become around Hopeless.  I have never gotten the appeal of her, though she is beautiful.  Beyond that, I don't understand why Liam would continue to turn himself inside out for her.   I was never a Steffie fan and like Hope she annoyed the shit out of me, but I really enjoy him with Ivy, I just need her to stop being so desperate.  She's beautiful and charming and she's got her own thing going with her career.   I just wish she would let Liam pursue her

I loved seeing Myrna get her face cracked.  Bitch thinks she's going to be lavished with fur and diamonds and be jet setting everywhere.  Wrong mami,  Papi ain't taking you nowhere.  He's gotta werk!   She's so pathetic.   Annulled?  Really?   This chick is certifiable. 

I hope Rick changes his mind about the divorce though and then it will be too late because by then Caroline will be over his whiny punk ass and on to better things. I need me some more Ridge and Caroline.  

• Love 6

It's amazing how weak and silly Liam and Wyatt both become around Hopeless.  I have never gotten the appeal of her, though she is beautiful.  Beyond that, I don't understand why Liam would continue to turn himself inside out for her.   I was never a Steffie fan and like Hope she annoyed the shit out of me, but I really enjoy him with Ivy, I just need her to stop being so desperate.  She's beautiful and charming and she's got her own thing going with her career.   I just wish she would let Liam pursue her

I loved seeing Myrna get her face cracked.  Bitch thinks she's going to be lavished with fur and diamonds and be jet setting everywhere.  Wrong mami,  Papi ain't taking you nowhere.  He's gotta werk!   She's so pathetic.   Annulled?  Really?   This chick is certifiable. 

OMG! I almost choked on my evening whiskey. You are too funny! Can't wait to watch today's episode to see Rick step all over Myrna's plans. The only thing Rick spends a lot of money on is his dandy wardrobe and he and Caroline never moved from his little guest house or whatever that dwelling is. 

I loved Stephie and felt like she and Liam had a similar dynamic to the one he has with Ivy, but yeah, you are right: let him pursue you, girl!

I enjoyed KM but the writers pretty much destroyed Hope, along with Steffy, Liam, and Wyatt (You're next, Ivy) I can understand her wanting to spread her wings since she has pretty much been doing the same storyline for her entire 5 years. I won't get excited about the end of the triangle because we all know a recast is coming. Personally, I would prefer Bell bring back Bridget instead to beef up Brooke's kids.

• Love 4

Have only read today's recap, but it looks like Myrna can put her dreams of the jet setting life away.

I don't think her dreams are specifically of jet setting.  If that was the case, she would have just jumped at the chance at the jet setting he suggested a couple of days ago.

Full service.  Why not go to the guy who performed the marriage to see if it can be annulled.  Carter: the corporate lawyer who dreamt of being an actor and who does weddings on the side, while simultaneously not believing in marriage, until he proposes to a woman he hasn't gone on any dates with.

• Love 6

Good, let Rick and his Concubine make all the important decisions about the designs and the accessories. It will just be another example of how Rick cannot be trusted to run the company without bias, and how he is using it as a weapon without a care of how it will effect the bottom line. As much as I want to see Caroline and Ridge succeed, is as much as I want to see Rick fail. 

Rick won't give Caroline an inch because he knows if he does he will cave. Rick didn't want to go to Amsterdam for one reason and one reason only; he wants to stay in LA to keep an eye on Ridge and Caroline. Rick is so clearly fighting his love; it's got him stitched up tighter than a drum. 

Please Caroline, let this be the last time you demean yourself to this jerk. It is time for you to get angry, and to get busy designing the rest of your life. I want to see Caroline come in to work with a smokin new do, maybe a nice sassy blunt cut, with some strawberry blonde undertones. She should be wearing a sexy suit, let's see......black pencil skirt, a deep forest green, high necked, sleeveless blouse in velvet and lace, and a tight, short, fitted jacket in black. Let her pass a smirking Maya and a stupefied Rick with a nice bright smile and a sweet "good morning", and sashay into the office without a backward glance. Such a nice, dignified way to send a hearty fuck you to them both. 

I think it is hilarious that Ivy asked Liam to come. I see her point about being the third wheel, and of course she could have asked Ally I suppose, but it makes it so much better to watch Hope squirm. And really, the jet hadn't even taken off and Wyatt was slobbering on Hope. Fun times for Ivy there! Yeah, I am glad she has someone to hang with. And we get the added bonus of seeing Sad Waffles and Happy Liam nearly simultaneously. 

How does one go about annulling a marriage that they are not part of? Forged documents? Forged signatures? I can only hope Maya would go that route and land her sorry behind back in the slammer. And no sob stories this time. Money, power, greed + gold digger = trouble. Carter, please give this individual a tin hat and an auditorium full of empty seats. 

• Love 6

Good, let Rick and his Concubine make all the important decisions about the designs and the accessories. It will just be another example of how Rick cannot be trusted to run the company without bias, and how he is using it as a weapon without a care of how it will effect the bottom line. As much as I want to see Caroline and Ridge succeed, is as much as I want to see Rick fail. 

Rick won't give Caroline an inch because he knows if he does he will cave. Rick didn't want to go to Amsterdam for one reason and one reason only; he wants to stay in LA to keep an eye on Ridge and Caroline. Rick is so clearly fighting his love; it's got him stitched up tighter than a drum. 

Please Caroline, let this be the last time you demean yourself to this jerk. It is time for you to get angry, and to get busy designing the rest of your life. I want to see Caroline come in to work with a smokin new do, maybe a nice sassy blunt cut, with some strawberry blonde undertones. She should be wearing a sexy suit, let's see......black pencil skirt, a deep forest green, high necked, sleeveless blouse in velvet and lace, and a tight, short, fitted jacket in black. Let her pass a smirking Maya and a stupefied Rick with a nice bright smile and a sweet "good morning", and sashay into the office without a backward glance. Such a nice, dignified way to send a hearty fuck you to them both. 

I think it is hilarious that Ivy asked Liam to come. I see her point about being the third wheel, and of course she could have asked Ally I suppose, but it makes it so much better to watch Hope squirm. And really, the jet hadn't even taken off and Wyatt was slobbering on Hope. Fun times for Ivy there! Yeah, I am glad she has someone to hang with. And we get the added bonus of seeing Sad Waffles and Happy Liam nearly simultaneously. 

How does one go about annulling a marriage that they are not part of? Forged documents? Forged signatures? I can only hope Maya would go that route and land her sorry behind back in the slammer. And no sob stories this time. Money, power, greed + gold digger = trouble. Carter, please give this individual a tin hat and an auditorium full of empty seats. 

Love your whole post, especially about Caroline holding her head up and moving on while looking fierce doing it!  I'm solidly behind her coming out as the winner in all of this and leaving Little Pricky in the dust.

Myrna is a whack ass.  There is no basis for annulling this marriage and it's not her call.  There was no fraud, bigamy, incest, force, misrepresentation and both Rick and Caroline were of sound mind when they said their vows.   The only person that is of UNsound mind is Myrna and I hope Carter tells Rick what she's trying to do. 

• Love 2

I enjoyed KM but the writers pretty much destroyed Hope, along with Steffy, Liam, and Wyatt (You're next, Ivy) I can understand her wanting to spread her wings since she has pretty much been doing the same storyline for her entire 5 years. I won't get excited about the end of the triangle because we all know a recast is coming. Personally, I would prefer Bell bring back Bridget instead to beef up Brooke's kids.

All of this. I never thought one way or the other about KM as an actress (tho I agree LG is running the show right now), but like KKL before her, having the same material does nothing for her abilities.

If tey do recast, it may be a good oppertunity to do what was done with Rick and Steffy and ignore the Lope relationship. A complete personality change into someone I don't fear will be struck by lightening for the hypocritical things she says would be a huge bonus.

That said, it sucks that there won't be scenes with Brooke. Of all the four actress to play both her daughters, KL strikes the strongest resemblance.

Also, Ronn Moss? Just...no. I can't even put into words what that mess on his head is. I ratger he goes back to the shoe polish....I've got plenty in my rack that I never use! Lol!

• Love 2

I couldn't be happier that the Hope actress is leaving, as that character makes me want to punch my television.  Why are she and Wyatt the ones who are uncomfortable??  She chose Wyatt over Liam, and Wyatt certainly got what he wanted, and they're both being jerks about it?  If anyone is uncomfortable, it should be Liam, or even IVY.  Hell, she's sitting on a plane with her new man, who is still hung up on his ex who is also on the plane.  I just don't get why this is so hard for Hope and Wyatt.  Also, Hope?  Once you break up with a guy and marry a new guy, you kind of don't get be pining over the old guy.  Get over yourself.  

• Love 9

I don't think her dreams are specifically of jet setting.  If that was the case, she would have just jumped at the chance at the jet setting he suggested a couple of days ago.

No, she had to make him sign the CEO papers first. She wants it all.

Totally agree with everyone who said Caroline needs to stop begging, get a haircut and a sassy new wardrobe and act like she's getting on with her life. I also hope that Rick's "creative" interference causes a lot of trouble because instead of forgiving his wife and trying to work things out, he's taking out his anger on her at work.

Hope and Wyatt are idiots. What more needs to be said?

• Love 3

How is it that everyone except the fictional residents of California know that it's a 50/50 state?  Maya was going on and on about a settlement like Carter actually agreed to help her.  He literally laughed in her face (which I laughed at, too).  She better go find Connor or something.  No amount of influence she wields at work with Rick makes one bit of difference in the dissolution of a marriage.  "I wouldn't fight me on this."  ...or...what?  Girl, bye.

Caroline is in survival mode right now, fighting for Rick.  It's not that she and Ridge just made out a few times (and that they were fantasizing about each other), but she betrayed Rick's trust twice -- once when she agreed to hide Ridge's issue and the other when she started kissing him.  Plus, they were talking about their futures together.  Ridge was mumbling something about how Caroline shouldn't be tied to Rick, who doesn't understand her like he does, and she was listening.  I know she put up (weak) protests to what Ridge was saying, but it was more out of "this is what I should do" instead of "this is what I really want."  So now she's trying to get her marriage back on track, when she should actually be figuring out if it's what she really wants.  Truthfully, I just wish Beverly would show up again; I liked her best, but she's off being Jane the Virgin.

Why does Liam need a push toward Ivy, again?  They're dating, she invited him to take a trip with her, he accepted and they are off being couple-y.  And Hope is the one who doesn't like it.  If anything, Wyatt needs to plan that "love boat" for he and Hope, since she's clearly the one with the problem.

Deacon should take Quinn to Amsterdam, and I suggest all six of them spend all of their time there at the cafes.  These folks need some weed, and lots of it.

Never tried weed, but I suspect I would need it to endure Foghorn Leghorn, Dope and Waffles story line...Cause watching it sober is not working for me.

• Love 3

Rick is acting like a child. Saying "I'm CEO!" over and over again and stomping his feet when Caroline tries to talk to him doesn't make him look good, IMHO. Making Maya "lead model" is just so obvious and petty. He's vindictive and petulant. Clearly Eric is not in his right mind if he thinks appointing Rick is a sound business decision. Rick is motivated by revenge and it's so pathetic.

Rick's insistence that Caroline and Ridge are having some kind of affair will ultimately push them together. When Rick wises up to Maya's (so ridiculously obvious) tactics and manipulations, it will be too late and he'll end up alone.

I don't want to see Caroline with Ridge. I like their mentor/mentored vibe. I like how they work together. I think Caroline can do better than any of the Forresters (although I don't know who else there is). Maybe she should just be a strong independent woman for a while.

No doubt Maya wants that annulment to avoid any type of settlement going to Caroline, but really girlie, annulments are initiated by the pertinent parties, and you aren't one of those. Even then, it is an uphill battle to get one, and suffice it to say, Caroline isn't going to be signing anything at this stage of the game. And if Maya wants to start dabbling in forgery, well, I think she would be found out when Rick thanks Caroline for giving him his freedom. 

Did Maya really say to Rick "It's Caroline, you're still thinking about her"? Let's see, it has been about 3 or 4 days in show time, Caroline is the love of his life.......I would say yes, you could probably count on that Maya. And a whole lot more. Rick can barely look at Caroline due to his love, his anger, and his guilt. While Caroline stands fully at attention as she begs him; something that needs to stop. Take Maya's power over you away by giving them what they want, and then Rick ends up with what he gets. I guarantee if Caroline were to sign divorce papers, Rick would be slow to cash them in. Rick doesn't really want a divorce, he just wants to hurt Caroline, and he has done that, but he has gone too far and he doesn't know how to stop and start repairing the damage. 

What is Deacon bringing to the show again? He is just like his daughter, blowing with the wind, as he lives off of Quinn, lounging around shirtless just to sear our corneas, drinking her drinks and eating her food. He won't be having any relationship with Hope as long as he stays with Quinn, his original plan of hooking up with Brooke is shot all to hell, his only friends in town are Liam and Ridge. I wonder if he will still be in the cast once KM leaves the show?

I am not feeling Amsterdam at all, although Lars was OK, and of course the beautiful city. 

• Love 1
No doubt Maya wants that annulment to avoid any type of settlement going to Caroline, but really girlie, annulments are initiated by the pertinent parties, and you aren't one of those. Even then, it is an uphill battle to get one, and suffice it to say, Caroline isn't going to be signing anything at this stage of the game. And if Maya wants to start dabbling in forgery, well, I think she would be found out when Rick thanks Caroline for giving him his freedom.

And, really, what basis would Rick have for an annulment?  They don't grant annulments because your wife kissed your brother.  Maybe, possibly, if there was any indication that Caroline had been involved with Ridge all along, Rick could try to contend fraud on her part, but even that would be a tough road.  Any judge would see any attempt for annulment here as just what Maya's goal is - an effort to avoid paying any settlement to Caroline. I'd imagine it would be even more difficult to get an annulment when one party is likely to fight even getting divorced, which I suspect Caroline will do.  

Like you said, the only way it would have a shot of succeeding is if Maya commits all kinds of forgery and impersonation.  And, even then, it wouldn't stand once Caroline challenged it.  The only outcome there would be Maya facing a lot of charges.  

• Love 1

I'd like to see Bill and Liam get high together. That would be friggin' funny.

What can I do but echo what others have said? If Rick can't recognize a (romantic) predator acting like a shark at a chum orgy, what chance does he have as a CEO? Bill could manipulate that company out from under him without breaking a sweat. And what does it say for Eric and his business savvy? Now I'm wondering how he never ran that ship right into an iceberg. Eric should just keep the CEO seat warm until Brooke returns, because I'm thinking she's the only one with enough sense to keep Forrester running smoothly.

• Love 3

I know, right? Eric is all over the place....are we the only ones that remember Rick faking his injuries after the fall to be named VP? Or him handing over designs to Nick when he wanted to run off with Steffy? I realize that if events didn't happen with the current actor on the show that they don't count with the staff, but it does show a pattern of Rick being a petulant, power hungry child.

• Love 3