Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Could the scene between Nicole and Maya be even more wooden. I've seen more emotion on a totem pole.  Someday you will have your own, Nicole, this one is mine. Hey Maya, someday is closer than you think. 

Once again Det Hotdog has no clue.  Katie is just an angel, she could never do this just for being fired.  Shit, Det Hotdog, this is just unthinkable in LA.  Det Hotdog, did it register at all that Katie held a gun on Quinn?  He just wants to get this over with so he can have some dirty water hotdogs. 2 hot dogs and a soda, $5. 

• Love 9

I thought the spoiler character was dead. Not that it matters on a soap but...

Spoiler

I was watching Y&R for a year or so way back and didn't Sheila look like Lauren and was killed after keeping Lauren and someone else hostage?  Since Sheila Carter has been on both shows, does that count?  (I could be remembering it wrong - it's been awhile.) 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Videnbas said:

I just read a HUGE spoiler on another board - apparently a preview was aired somewhere that revealed

Reveal hidden contents

that SHEILA CARTER IS BACK!

Sounds almost too exciting to believe!

If that character can still be alive then so can Aly!

• Love 8

If Aly was the shooter, that would be a great twist. Then she could get help, join Spectra and be a general PITA for Steffy.  It wouldn't hurt Steffy to feel a little guilt about using a tire iron on her cousin (even if it was self defense). 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Cindylou said:

Ok I'm going off the reservation here, but what if it was Ridge, that shot at Quinn (and missed), but did it to frame Katie.    I have thought of the others too, but Ridge always keeps telling Quinn he'll take care of it.  What if this is his way of getting Katie out of the picture, because he does feel something for Quinn (even if it's just little Ridge) he's got to the the "knight in shining armor" for his latest lady love

Original Recipe Ridge would have never had the smarts or animosity to pull that off.  However, this one?  Hell yeah.

See, now I'm going to have to go back and see exactly where Ridge was before he realized that his freeloading ass ran out of coffee and sauntered over to the main house.

• Love 6
(edited)

Recap for Thurs. 6/8/17:

We pick up right where we left off...

Faked you out...

I'm going to dispense with the scenes with Mr. and Mrs. Ambien first. Try and stay awake...

At Brooke's, Nicole mopes as Maya gushes over Lizzie, clearly happy to be reunited with her baby girl.

Later, after Lizzie's napping, Maya sits down with her sister and asks Nicole if she enjoyed her time with Lizzie.

Nicole: "Very much."

Maya: "It wasn't a problem?"

Nicole scoffs: "Lizzie? Of course not. Why would you ask that?"

Maya: "You sounded a little stressed...when we talked."

Nicole reveals she went to see her doctor and Maya's face light up as she (incorrectly) suspects Nicole is pregnant. Nicole states that it's quite the opposite and confesses her infertility diagnosis.

Maya's face speaks volumes.

Maya.jpg.389f844b7ab7b7a9b72b310b298233a9.jpg

Nicole expresses her shock and disappointment over her diagnosis and how much she wants to give a family to Zende and something about that last bit, the "giving him a family" comment just pissed me right off.

Maya tells Nicole that she needs to have faith, she's young, she's healthy: "You gave us Lizzie and you will give Zende a little girl or boy just like her. You will have your OWN family someday."

Nicole's face shows she doesn't share her sister's confidence.

593ac5c9044b1_Nicolejpg.jpg.d4b84758303b5980e891556809793c55.jpg

Maya asks why Nicole didn't tell her sooner and Nicole says she didn't want to burden her with it while she was in Paris. She asks about the shoot.

Maya: "It went well, but that is the furthest thing from my mind right now. There's got to be something else we can do." Nicole jokes that Maya sounds like ZenZay, who's trying to keep her positive.

She turns serious again as she remarks what it would do to him to find out she gave the only baby she could ever have to Maya and Rick.

Alarm bells are starting to ring in Maya's head ever so softly.

Later, Nicole gets Lizzie up from her nap.

Maya: "You two bonded more while I was gone."

Nicole acknowledges that they did and ZenZay too.

Maya: "She's part of you, Nicole."

Nicole: "Literally."

Maya: "And that's why you two will always share a special connection."

Maya takes Lizzie into her arms and assures Nicole that one day, she'll have a baby just like Lizzie. But what if she doesn't?

Nicole stares longingly at Lizzie.

593ac80bf0776_Nicole2.jpg.260c2d035ba52a9c5470ab119353bcca.jpg

At FC, Rick is chatting with Zende about cutting the Paris trip short so they could get home to Lizzie.

He shares his concerns about the call with Nicole and Zende confides in him about Nicole's infertility diagnosis.

Rick is genuinely concerned but Zende tells him he's not giving up hope.

593ac8aaa0d77_Rickjpg.thumb.jpg.309c909106780c4ea4c3b0ef27d781f4.jpg

Rick: "I'm so sorry." He asks how Zende is handling the news.

Zende says he believes they will still have a family. And they absolutely can - through a gestational carrier and/or adoption.

Rick says it doesn't seem fair and Zende says he doesn't see Nicole having kids taken away from her. He says he doesn't believe the diagnosis (of which now two doctors have confirmed). 

Rick offers that Eric has medical connections and he should talk to him, but Zende says the timing isn't right as Nicole is overwhelmed but that contradicts, saying he just wants to have his family already. Ohhhhkay.Zende.thumb.jpg.6ed169cb97087cb7950a0ae7a2efe44c.jpg

Rick gives him a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

Later, Carter stops by and after Zende leaves, Carter informs Rick that there's an issue with Lizzie's adoption.

Of COURSE there is!

He says there are some errors on the adoption agreement they filed so Rick, Maya, and Nicole need to sign a new one.

Rick takes the document and there's a bit of concern as he peruses it.

593acad5a2f9d_Rick2.jpg.0062bfeedaf6ea9e376a6364273f4963.jpg

Now, on to the good stuff, and we flash back to an unknown person (Katie? Ivy? A still-covered with seaweed Deacon?) looking at Quinn in their crosshairs and pulling the trigger.

BANG!!!

Quinn-gunshot-reaction-BB-HW.jpg

Quinn screams as she hears the bullet go whizzing by and ducks, then runs back into the house and hides behind a planter in the foyer. Ridge races through the front door and she tells him someone just tried to kill her.

Quinn, grabbing his arm: "No! Don't go out there! Please, Ridge! Don't!" He shrugs her off and heads for the terrace.

When he returns back inside, Quinn is cowering on the staircase, clutching the rails. He tells her the police are on their way.

Ridge: "You don't really think Katie took a shot at you?"

Quinn: "She pulled a gun on me at the office."

Ridge argues she doesn't even own a gun and that she's not a violent person. Quinn says she's not saying it's for certain that it's Katie, but someone DID take a shot at her. Ridge sits next to her on the staircase.

Ridge.jpg.a412f92366422f41b18f0b124982ab76.jpg

Quinn: "Who wants me dead?" Um, I can think of a few for that list...or at least behind bars. Quinn even acknowledges that she could give him a whole list of folks from the past but now, the only person she suspects is Katie. We hear the sound of sirens in the background.

Lt. Hot Dog and his crew arrive and he's questioning Ridge because Quinn has left to confront Katie, which doesn't seem wise to me if Katie's at the top of her list of suspects. He reveals that Quinn thinks Katie is the one who took a shot at her

Lt HD: "Why would Katie take a shot at her?"

Ridge explains Quinn just fired her and that Katie pulled a gun on Quinn at the office.

Lt HD is incredulous: "Katie brought a gun into WORK?"

Ridge explains it was Charlie's gun, it wasn't loaded, and that Quinn was scared because Katie was just trying to get a reaction out of her. He tells LT HD that they need to search Katie's house for any guns.

LT HD reminds him they need a warrant. He goes on to say that he knows Katie Logan and this doesn't sound like her. People can change on a dime, dude. Anyone can with the right provocation. LT HD questions if there's more going on between Katie and Quinn. Ridge, of course, stands there, stone-faced.

We cut to Katie's home and hear the sound of water running interspersed with pounding on the front door.

Katie walks into the living room, wiping her hands on a dishtowel and opens the door to find a furious Quinn on the other side. Without preamble, Quinn marches straight in, her eyes darting to and fro.

Katie: "Quinn, this is a surprise. Did you come over for some tea?"

Quinn: "Where is it?"

Katie: "Where is what?"

Quinn: "Where's the gun you tried to kill me with?"

Katie scoffs, saying it was Charlie's gun and she doesn't know where the hell it is.

Quinn: "Don't play coy with me! I was out on the patio and that bullet missed my head by a couple of inches!"

Katie looks confused (so either she's a really good liar/actress or she's a red herring): "What...bullet?" She looks at Quinn's face. "Oh my God...you think I took a shot at you?"

Quinn tells her she didn't take a shot at the office, what with the mess and too many witnesses. 

Katie tells her she's lost her mind (she would know). 

Quinn: "You really want me dead, don't you?" Well, she did tell Ivy that yesterday and to herself a time or two...

Back at the mansion, Ridge tells Lt HD that the bullet was meant for Quinn alone. LT HD tells Ridge that was a head-high shot and Quinn is lucky to be alive. 

We cut back to Katie's house.

Katie: "You cannot be serious that you actually think I took a shot at you." She looks at Quinn, all casual. "If I did, clearly I missed."

Quinn doesn't find that comment amusing in the slightest: "Someone took a shot at me. If not you, then who?"

Katie: "Want me to make a list?" We'll wait...

Katie continues to insist it wasn't her as she's not a killer. It's then that Quinn notices the telescope. She peers through it and is furious when she realizes it's focused directly on her terrace.

Quinn: "Have you been SPYING on me?!?"

Katie initially protests otherwise, but quickly admits to watching her because of what's going on between her and Ridge.

Katie: "And I'm going to keep watching you...until you're gone."

Quinn: "Until I'm dead, you mean. The police are at my house right now and if you did this to me-"

Katie: "For the last time, I did not try to kill you. Now, you can threaten me, you can fire me, you can do whatever you want, but I'm not going anywhere. I am here until it's OVER. Until you're over."

Quinn looks at her, quieter now with this realization: "You remind me of someone, Katie. Somebody I used to be."

Katie's eyes widen in anger at this: "Get out! Get out of my house. NOW!" 

Once alone, Katie paces back and forth, screaming that's she's nothing like Quinn. She's sporting the crazy eyes again as she looks through the telescope.

Back at the mansion, Quinn is recounting the events for LT HD including going over to confront Katie.

593ab74f1eb32_Ridge2.thumb.jpg.c6d4aea5243bb2bb3059fae1a2940ecc.jpg

LT HD thinks it's odd that she would confront her would-be assassin.

Quinn reveals that Katie denied any involvement.

LT HD continues to press her on confronting Katie and Quinn remarks: "Nobody takes a shot at me."

Ridge asks if LT HD is going to question Katie and he says he'll speak to her.

Quinn: "You'll 'speak to her?'" She's adamant that he needs to arrest her. 

LT HD is not willing to believe Katie's a killer. 

Quinn brings up the telescope, pointed right at her patio, as additional proof.

LT HD explains that once they obtain analysis of the evidence, he'll speak to Katie. He reminds her, as he did Ridge, that he needs a warrant to search the premises.

Quinn orders him to get a warrant - before Katie gets rid of the gun.

LT HD: "We'll take it from here, Mrs. Forrester." He advises her to stay put and to stop going around accusing people. Quinn scoffs and sighs. He asks to speak to Ridge alone.

Quinn watches them from across the room and although she seems calm, the veins in her neck tell a different story.

Quinn.jpg.fbb5b135f44dba7a73173d824f6110fc.jpg

She walks out to the terrace a moment later and peeks out and seriously, if someone had taken a shot at me, that's the LAST place you'd find me.

593ac0e28d49b_Quinn2.jpg.435e8ac3348eeb8bb3210dd0266d5f3d.jpg

She looks back, away from Katie's house, and then back again.

She's in the cross-hairs again but whose?

593ac15a9145b_Quinn3.thumb.jpg.9a987c91903d14eef00e3f0c7487ad13.jpg

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 11

So obviously we're getting a good reveal/cliffhanger today probably about the real shooter.

As of now we've guessed: Liam, Ivy, Ridge, resurrected Aly, and Deacon.

Anyone I've missed or any additional guesses, make your bets now!

If we look at it from who would want to screw over Katie, the only person I could think of would be Caroline (for forcing the exposing of the secret of Dougie's paternity which led to the end of her marriage ) and she could have issue with Quinn taking up with Ridge when she wants him back.  We already have the set up from waaaay back when Caroline cracked her head that she's had previous issues that her parents were worried about so it's no short trip on this show to twist it to Caroline having another breakdown after her marriage ended and Thomas moved on leaving her all alone and her career in tatters. If Caroline is bonkers then Thomas may have little Dougie dropped in his lap (creating drama with Sally and Ridge) while she gets help.

One more option I'll throw out there is Liam's evil twin that his mother gave up for adoption when she couldn't afford to keep both.  Clifton finally gets his evil twin storyline and gets to screw with all the other characters while Liam remains pristine. Although B&B doesn't usually do doppels (Caroline/Karen being the only ones I can recall). That's usually Y&R's bag.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

I thought the spoiler character was dead. Not that it matters on a soap but...

Reveal hidden contents

I was watching Y&R for a year or so way back and didn't Sheila look like Lauren and was killed after keeping Lauren and someone else hostage?  Since Sheila Carter has been on both shows, does that count?  (I could be remembering it wrong - it's been awhile.) 

I think Sheila is supposed to be dead but she's the female Stefano Dimera. And I think it was Sheila's retconned long-lost twin sister Sarah who had gotten plastic surgery to look like Lauren and last we saw Sheila, she had gotten plastic surgery to look like Michelle Stafford's Phyllis. 

I know...

The only way I'd want Sheila back and I'm not all that sure I'd want her back is if Kimberlin was back to play her.

• Love 6

@Petunia13 that is such a perfect gif reaction, I can't even!

Well, we can be rest assured that Taylor ain't coming back anytime soon unless it's a recast.

Talk about out of left field and yet she does have motive to go after both women.

Suddenly Brooke has other things to worry about than which man to smooch. With Steffy, Thomas, Rick, and RJ all as potential targets, Brooke and Ridge have legit reasons to band together now.

• Love 3
(edited)

Now that is a Friday cliffhanger! Guess the writers are trolling our forum & trying to liven things up in response to the "Things More Interesting than ZzzzzzzzenCole" thread....Sheila is certainly more interesting than either of them.

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 6

I can't say I am surprised (but I did kind of squee!) that it's her, they've brought her up a LOT on Y&R lately. Anything to inject some excitement into this show. Also, she hasn't aged at all...wow! 

Pickles, it's really long and drawn out and I haven't watched in years, there would be a lot t of holes. She's been dead a lot of times, tho! Someone else got this one? 

• Love 4

I am not at all pleased about this development and pray to the soap gods that this is temporary. Also not at all up for crazy bitches upending everyone's life and creating danger. Yuck!

I'm glad Thomas some new glad rags for Sally because those crazy get-ups she's been wearing are not fashion or fashionable!

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, politichick said:

I am not at all pleased about this development and pray to the soap gods that this is temporary. Also not at all up for crazy bitches upending everyone's life and creating danger. Yuck!

I'm glad Thomas some new glad rags for Sally because those crazy get-ups she's been wearing are not fashion or fashionable!

Awwww! I love all things Sally! I hope this isn't a thing with Thomas trying to "class" her up! You be you, Sal!!! Otherwise she might take her hot self elsewhere!! 

Sheila is almost everything this soap needs....zzzzzzzzzz! I liked her and Eric together, made him interesting which ain't easy! 

• Love 6

I liked Sheila too, but her appearances on these shows had diminishing returns. After  Kimberlin Brown left acting, Michelle Stafford did double duty as Sheila (who for whatever reason got plastic surgery to take over Red's life) and was shot dead over on Y&R.

On one hand, we need a true threatening villain again. OTOH, nearly everyone she's interacted with in the past has long since departed the canvas and seeing as Brown has taken to political shilling it will almost certainly be a recast.

Assuming there's truth to that,  this didn't need revisiting.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

Guess the writers are trolling our forum & trying to liven things up in response to the "Things More Interesting than ZzzzzzzzenCole" thread....Sheila is certainly more interesting than either of them.

Honestly, I think my dog sniffing the same blade of grass 5 minutes straight is more interesting than Sheila.  NOT happy :(

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Honestly, I think my dog sniffing the same blade of grass 5 minutes straight is more interesting than Sheila.  NOT happy :(

I'm not happy either. I find Sheila tiresome as hell. I really hope this is only for a short stint because IMO she gets real tedious real quickly.

I can't believe my first post on this forum is about annoying ass Sheila coming back. Not about how much I love Tally and Brill. Or how much I hate the Ambien twins. Or how much I wish Katie and Julius would STFU. Nope. It's about the return of a character that I was already tired of 20 years ago!

@CountryGirl thanks for your amazing recaps everyday, I always enjoy them!

• Love 11
(edited)

AHHHHH.....just FUKITOL! Sheila? Fucking Sheila? God, just shoot me now. I can't stand the character and I can't stand Kimberlin Brown's "acting." For all the bones they have been throwing us lately; new opening credits, the return of Spectra, the end of Bridge, this is their first misstep. As said above, the character has no relevance to the current landscape. Her arch enemy is gone; has she come back to finish the job on Brooke? Off Eric? Please, please, please tell me she doesn't have another child in tow by an unsuspecting father. This news destroys the SL for me. Sheila being the shooter is whack, makes absolutely no sense, and has no continuity to the show in today's world. Sheila had her time; her last return with Massimo's child caused me to tune out until her demise. I don't want to do that now that Brooke has moved on, and of course my beloved Tally. But Sheila simply eats the show.

So disappointed.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

I can't stand Kimberlin Brown's "acting."

PREACH!!!  She seems to think that over-enunciating every....single....word...is menacing.  It's not!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

PREACH!!!  She seems to think that over-enunciating every....single....word...is menacing.  It's not!

And that incessant eye batting! I always thought the over-enunciating was KB speaking slowly cause she couldn't remember her lines. But it was all kinds of annoying.

• Love 4

KB looks pretty good compared to some other actresses but I don't think we need extra crazy, since there's already enough on the canvas. Other than that, not much I can say except now there's even less screen time for Ivy or other characters I actually care about.   

• Love 6

What if Katie and Sheila have teamed up?  What if Sheila is the blind to make everyone think she's back to torment the Forresters and kill Quinn, but she was hired by Katie to do so?  So everyone will assume, but can't prove, Sheila fired the initial shot at Quinn, and then is stalking Quinn --  but it will be Katie all the while behind the scene -- terrorizing Quinn and planning to be the one who kills Quinn.  Sheila will have an iron-clad alibi for the "kill Quinn" shooting and just fade away like she always does.

No one will suspect Katie (initially) because Shelia has been "tormenting" her too.  Of course it's all fake.  Quinn will be in a coma or seriously hurt.  Katie will be right there "comforting" Eric and something about the whole situation is going to raise Wyatt's suspicions.  I'd love to see him team up with Liam to discover Katie is behind everything. 

This way we get Sheila being deliciously evil and oozing menace everywhere, without actually doing anything evil.

• Love 5

Why the hell do they insist on dredging up this character every few years.  I'm another anti-Sheila person and I just can't understand the reasoning behind dragging her back.  Well, I'll be fast forwarding a lot more of this show from now on.  I'll be able to watch it all in less than 5 minutes.  

• Love 5

Am I supposed to believe Sheila is obsessively in love with Eric after all these years? Or maybe she was in a secret relationship with the dude Quinn snuffed and tracked her down for revenge? 

Last few x Sheila was on tv she was all about Phyllis and Lauren. Also she had plastic surgery to get a new face, be taller, implants, and a different voice. 

Det Baker was definitely rushing his investigation and questioning, he probably needed to hit the hot dog cart before it closed for the day. 

I thought Liam was a vegan not vegetarian. If he's vegan risotto is a no no and most restaurant food is challenging. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

@Pickles, I recommend you give the wiki article a read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Carter because Sheila has a very long history on not one, but two, soaps (The Young and the Restless being the other one).

But for starters, she was once married to Eric.

Thanks for that link. I totally forgot about Sheila's daughter Diana Marrone aka Ridge's half sister and auntie to RJ, Thomas and Steffy!

Do we know what happened to Diana?  She can't be older than Rick but has to be older than RJ since he was conceived after her birth so she's gotta be in her early to mid 20s?  She could be an interesting romantic interest with baggage for Wyatt.

Actually that'd be a good story.  Ridge learns that an offscreen Massimo's been searching for Diana but Sheila hid her away really well. He's getting old and near death and he sends for Ridge and wants Ridge to carry on the search. Initially he's wary of even trying to find the girl, but honors Massimo's wishes and checks out one final lead which leads him to his long lost half sister who he takes in and who is as wary of the Marrone-Forresters as they are of her. Technically she should be just older than RJ but no reason why she couldn't be aged up a bit to be paired with Wyatt. 

• Love 4

WTH??? I was beyond stunned. I thought it was odd that CBS didn't have the daily spoiler video posted on YT last evening and now I know why.

Hmmm ... well, I absolutely have no f-in clue why the writers would bring Sheila back. You know, back in the day, I liked Sheila and thought KB played a pretty good, OTT villainess. But now she seems outdated. Back in the 90s, KB was fairly well matched in the acting department (other than when pitted against SF) so any shortcomings were not so apparent. She was usually in scenes with that guy who played Mike Guthrie, or Amber, Maggie or James (who I didn't think shone particularly brightly on B&B, although he had a good reputation as a solid soap actor.) I thought the woman who plays Lauren was just awful so there wasn't much to work with there.

Anyway, I'll be curious to see how this holds up with HT, RS and TK. I don't see the need to have another troublemaker. If Quinn is now going to be permanently on the "right side," that's disappointing as I like her better when she's always off-kilter. The show really could have used another man (or two for what they probably have to be paying KB) to fill some of the void for Katie and Ivy.

I watched the CBS promo about Sheila's return and the way it was worded led me to believe that maybe this is a just for the summer SL. It also makes me wonder if KB jumped on the role for financial reasons. I Googled her last summer out of the blue and was surprised to see a clip of her speaking at the RNC. She was speaking on behalf of "California women small business owners" and talked about her and her husband's avocado farm and it didn't sound like things were going very well for them in that area.

I'm just going to keep an open mind and see what happens. It's not enough to make me ditch watching the show.

I am disappointed because I was hoping that Katie was going to get (wrongly) jailed and tried and Patrick Duffy! would have to come back for the summer! Oh, well ... Who knows? He might be lurking behind the next commercial break ...

• Love 7
9 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Holy Shit!

Hide contents

CountryMama just watched and the shooter is Sheila!

If Shelia had aimed and fired she would not have missed.

My money is still on delusional Nutso Lemonheads.

Or maybe possibly Deacon. I couldn't help thinking about him all week. Don't know why. (I picked a good week to watch the show every nite instead of my usual catch-up on the weekend. And now that Sheila's back I'll be watching on a daily basis again.)

I was going to post that either this show has just become more bizarre or my perception of it has changed.

(And then... OMG! Sheila! Squeeeeeee! Now I have a reason to stay alive.) (Sorry, had to express myself here where it's safe. No one I know IRL could possibly understand my absolute delight in the return of a soap opera character. Especially this character.)

• Love 8

Wow, really surprised to see Sheila! It's times like this I miss being able to call my mom, who passed 2 years ago. She was the only other person I know in RL who watched.

I always enjoyed Sheila's crazy antics. I might be remembering through rose colored glasses but she did crazy much better than Katie.

I'm afraid I just don't care what kind of craziness Katie is up to, I just want her to STFU.

• Love 6

I rarely watch this show, but I saw the spoilers and tuned in. In the golden age of Y&R, Sheila's campiness was the best thing about the show. I remember her rolling her stroke-victim mother up to an oven, turning on the gas and then kicking the walker out from under her so that her "suicide" would keep her from talking to the police about the whereabouts of Lauren Fenmore's baby. Good times!

• Love 6

I started watching Friday’s ep in high annoyance mode after learning of Sheila’s return, but the show was so good I forgot all about her.

Thomas, gently stroking Sally into becoming more “presentable” was all kinda cute. Sally, acknowledging what he was doing without offense was classy, and I just love them! PF and CH have a different type of connection; sorta like Quinn and Ridge. There is definitely chemistry there, but there is much more to them than that. And they look good together; Thomas’s tall, well groomed, GQishness and Sally’s flaming haired, hard bodied, quirkiness, compliment each other in some weird kind of way. Also nice, is that it isn’t just about the romance; I totally dig that they are both ambitious, and they are trying to build a brand uniquely their own.

Sally gave it one more try; if Fauxdilok’s slaps her hand away this time, Sally should just let her inner Bitch shine and forget about Olive Branches and reaching out and all. Is Steffy morphing into Sally with her off pink, blush colored tank top and white Hawaiian printed skirt? And the cleavage? Sally looked like the daughter of a rich family and Steffy looked a stripper pole away from being a Street Walker.

I’ve never been a big fan of Heather Tom’s acting. She only shines when she is having meltdowns, and is raging, and making accusations, and telling everyone else how they are terrible, horrible, and despicable people. But she was really, really, good in those scenes with Lt. HotDog, who apparently woke up and realized there might be a little somethin, somethin going on with The Good Logan Sister. And Eric showing up was just the icing on the cake. Maybe Katie will now see that Eric is not the least bit interested in her as a romantic partner, but only as a father figure. I am very excited to see what that conversation turns out to be.

My initial distress over learning about Sheila has calmed down a bit. I realized that any SL with her will be short lived; the character doesn’t have staying power, and will always eventually get caught, or will run away. Then I saw that clip about the Summer of Sheila, and I was like, OK, I guess I can deal. Since Show has been so generous to give me Brill, and Tally, and the rebuilding of Spectra, and the Quinn/Ridge/Katie intrigue, I guess I can’t really complain. Particularly when I think about what we were getting just a few years ago starting with the incestuous Rick/Phoebe and Rick/Steffy relationships. The anti-Logan campaign by Taylor and the TayTots, Brooke and Thomas, the Triangle of Doom eating every minute of the show, Ridge walking out on his family and his life over a text message, Hope and Wyatt and Liam; well, I think I will just relax and see where we are going.

• Love 12

I have been watching Port Charles on YT lately and it's weird seeing KB and TK from 17 years ago.  I'd actually forgotten that Rachel = Sheila.  She did get typecast.  

I'm okay with Sheila if it's just for the summer. Hopefully they will use her to move some pieces around, like they did with Spectra 2.0/Thomas. I don't suppose she could have switched any babies back in the day?  Maybe Rick? (Yeah, just wishful thinking...) 

• Love 3

Apparently, there are a number of people who would like to see Quinn dead. How about that Mexican man that she stole the necklace from? It was so long ago that I can't even remember the particulars now. I didn't watch the show during the Sheila years so have no idea about her motivations, why she'd try to shoot Quinn, etc. My vote is still crazy Katie. She is way, way over the top about Quinn but that could just be TPTB trying to steer us in a different direction. At any rate, at least something (finally!) is of interest in this show. I've been saying for months that we needed a good murder mystery to make this show interesting again. Maybe they were reading this forum after all!

• Love 5

This Kimbelin Brown (as I've just learned) has been on just about every soap, though I've never watched her.  She played with nuRidge on Port Charles and was Kelly Monaco's mother.  That's all I caught onto, not important. Just observing.  At least she's got soap opera chops which I'll happily take if the stories and writing is lousy.

• Love 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Apparently, there are a number of people who would like to see Quinn dead. How about that Mexican man that she stole the necklace from? It was so long ago that I can't even remember the particulars now. I

One of the issues that some people have with Quinn is that the writers strongly implied that she murdered Mr. Montameyor (?) for that diamond.  They never resolved it, just let it drop.  

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 8

I thought Katie's house was right next door. That was the implication. Now it appears to be on a hill across from the Forrester mansion. Is there a connecting bridge since people seem to be able to get back and forth awfully quickly?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, tessaray said:

I have been watching Port Charles on YT lately and it's weird seeing KB and TK from 17 years ago.  I'd actually forgotten that Rachel = Sheila.  She did get typecast.  

I'm okay with Sheila if it's just for the summer. Hopefully they will use her to move some pieces around, like they did with Spectra 2.0/Thomas. I don't suppose she could have switched any babies back in the day?  Maybe Rick? (Yeah, just wishful thinking...) 

Coincidentally, the very first scene I distinctly remember from B&B was when Thomas was still an infant and Sheila somehow managed to cut a lock of his hair that she gave to Steph as a warning.

I remember Mary Warwick/Erica as the most rapidly aged teenager in a genre where a five year old goes to camp and returns two weeks later as a surly teen is uncommon, but after Sheila was exposed for the poisonous viper she is, Erica wanted nothing to do with her or with stalking Rick.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

This Kimbelin Brown (as I've just learned) has been on just about every soap, though I've never watched her.  She played with nuRidge on Port Charles and was Kelly Monaco's mother.  That's all I caught onto, not important. Just observing.  At least she's got soap opera chops which I'll happily take if the stories and writing is lousy.

She was on Y&R back when it was good. The Sheila character was created by Wm Bell Sr. And IMHO they've always written the character well on this show. Unlike the last debacle on Y&R.

11 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I didn't watch the show during the Sheila years so have no idea about her motivations, why she'd try to shoot Quinn, etc. My vote is still crazy Katie. She is way, way over the top about Quinn but that could just be TPTB trying to steer us in a different direction. At any rate, at least something (finally!) is of interest in this show. 

Sheila's motivation would be her obsession with Eric. Maybe someone will explain it to Quinn through a series of flashbacks. Or we could enjoy endless Sheila/Eric montages all summer long. Fingers crossed. But yeah, I'm going with Nutso Lemonheads on the grassy knoll, too.

I just hope it's the real Sheila and not Honey. I can suspend all disbelief regarding all of the times that they've killed (or something) Sheila. She's the best supervillain ever. Quinn is just your average run of the mill psychopath. She's no match for Sheila.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/9/2017 at 10:00 PM, Petunia13 said:

If he's vegan risotto is a no no

There are dozens of vegan risotto recipes.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Plenty of restaurants have vegan options, so I didn't find that a stretch at all.

Regarding Sheila & her motivation...I predict Quinn and Sheila will be sisters.  I probably won't be watching to find out, though. I'll check in from time to time to see when she goes away.  I don't think I've ever been as irritated by a soap as I am right now over this.

• Love 3