Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Steffy wasn't quite as annoying today, though she can't really pull off vulnerable it helped that she wasn't bludgeoning Eric, Quinn or Wyatt with that strident voice of hers. I'm sure once she is out of her pajamas she will go back on the attack.

Though Wyatt was wrong, wrong, wrong - I was kind of entertained by that scene imagining how it would go over in countries where the telenovela style is popular.  Wyatt throwing down the bag was awesome.  :-)  And how great was it, Eric defending Quinn?  I'm definitely Team Queric these days.

I wish they could have found another way to put Ridge and Rick on the same side - using Eric is not cool. Surely there could be a real outside threat that could force them to band together.  (Though I give the writer of today's episode bonus points for that conversation of Ridge and Rick saying Eric was thinking with his ---, with heart interjected by Brooke.) 

• Love 14

Live and let die........

That was some good and powerful stuff between Eric and Ridge this week, and as Quic centric as I am, I still have to say they both got in some entertaining potshots. Ridge telling Eric he has always made decisions based on the preferences of his dick, and Eric reminding Ridge who was the father and who was the son. Yes, Eric has always let his dick guide him, but outside of Sheila, I don't see where it has taken him down the wrong path. You could argue that Brooke and Donna were too young, or they were inappropriate, but they were not psycho killers. Stephanie, well there isn't enough room on any board to fully describe her, but without her there wouldn't have been a show. It was so good to hear Eric remind Ridge that his mother was not a saint. Ridge and Steffy may canonize her, but they were the recipients of her efforts and machinations. Eric was too on many occasions, but he still saw Stephanie for what she truly was, regardless of any love he felt for her. Those scenes were awesome; I think I rewound and re-watched about five times. I love when Eric gets his swagger on, but it is sooooo different with Thorsten, who can actually act. I found myself trying to see RM delivering those lines, something I do quite often, and all I could see was the half lidded eyes, and the backward head tilt as he growled out his lines. The effect would have been entirely different. 

The Great Oz has spoken......

Color me shocked that Steffy didn't run right to Liam for comfort. Outside of the Liam/Steffy puke factor; I can tolerate her around Thomas, and it makes sense in some respects that Thomas would be concerned about his sister. All the same, his involvement in his sister's marriage is too much, and he needs to focus on his budding relationship with Sasha. So, Steffy is gonna stand her ground, Miss ToughAss isn't backing down, and Quinn is mistaken if she thought Steffy was bluffing? Right. And you think you are proving all this by bartering you husband and your marriage? Is it your innate arrogance, or just sheer stupidity, that is preventing you from seeing this for what it really is? You are blackmailing your mother-in-law sweetie. You can say you are "gonna show Quinn that I won't back down", but it doesn't change the real complexion of your actions. What would really show Quinn something is if you acted like an adult and supported your husband through some very tough times, because at the end of the day, Wyatt, the man you exchanged vows with and pledged to love and support till your dying day, is the real loser in all of this. He has lost you, his mom, and his self esteem. He is so lost and desperate, that he went to the Forrester Estate and made a complete and utter fool of himself, and then was properly chastised by Eric. But we can't be bothered by that, or let our self lose sight of the ultimate goal. No, Liam's waiting arms and his welcoming bed are visions in Steffy's puffy little head, and she must maintain all semblances of being a wilting wall flower, with no recourse, and no protection from the raging terror that is Quinn. Never fucking mind that Quinn has never raised and aggressive finger to Steffy. Never fucking mind that since Liam was sprung from Captive Cabin, that Quinn has been on the straight and narrow. How convenient for her and the rest of the Gang that they are overlooking Quinn's lack of actions since then. Her visits to Liam didn't provide her the results she was looking for, instead he was all about telling her to get out that he hated her, and she did what he said. She didn't stalk Liam, and she didn't try to get out of paying for her crimes. And she stayed away from everyone after Steffy's first mandate came down. So she wanted her job back? Quinn has always been a hard worker, and she needed income, so she played her hand to Eric and things clicked. And what has she done to him that is so bad? Could it be that Eric's snot nosed family is more worried about Quinn rebooting Eric's life? Giving him something to look forward to and live for? Of course he is far too old and stodgy to want to be relevant and vital anymore right? He is past the age of sixty which means he is ready to be put out to pasture and forgotten about. I hope Eric keeps his foot firmly up all their asses. They are horrible to treat him this way. This show needs some real romance that lasts more than a week. The fact that it involves a core character and two soap veterans makes it all the better. It feels real, and sophisticated, and adult, and by all that is holy, I am not being beat over the head with how they was wobbed and manipwulated. 

It is also nice and quite refreshing to have a SL that involves nearly everyone on the canvas. See show, you can do it. All it takes is some imagination, and focus on your senior staff who have the gravitas and acting chops to pull it off. 

• Love 19

...by all that is holy, I am not being beat over the head with how they was wobbed and manipwulated. 

And yet this is a case were there actually IS an attempted robbery and manipulation taking place, with Steffy as the perp and Eric's family soon entering the fray! Those two could mope and fret about it ad nauseam like Steffy and Liam (and Hope back in the day), but thankfully they're holding their ground and not allowing it to happen. They're being adults. 

I guess some could see Steffy's blackmail/ultimatum as Quinn's comeuppance at last -- a taste of her own medicine after everything she's done to AND for Wyatt -- but if that's what show is going for, it isn't working for me. JMW just isn't pulling off her end. She's not the least bit sympathetic. Not one iota. She's the one coming off as unhinged, not Quinn.

At any rate, I shouldn't be cheering on wackadoo Quinn (especially so soon after the horrifically creepy, best forgotten Captive Cabin storyline) but I am.

• Love 11

I dunno where this idea of Eric being too old o do anything came from. Neither Rick or Ridge had a problem with him being CEO when they thought it was his idea and they thought it was sticking it to the other brother. You'd think Rick at least would be kissing her ass for it. And seventy+ these days hardly means you're in a rocker waiting to die. At the dealership I work at, there's a gentleman who graduated High School the year after WWII ended that I assumed was in his early sixties when I started. Eighty friggin' eight years old and still busting as in car sales no less and doing more work that most of the people, all under thirty, at the last dealership I worked at!

Oh, Maya. How I've missed her holier than thou comments lately that ignore the whole big convoluted mess that was your pre Forrester life <3 Have several seats, dearie.

• Love 14

I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I wanted to bring it up. While I don't think it's at all necessary for Quinn to barter with an adult Steffy to stay in her marriage, I actually thought that Quinn made a great offer of a compromise to never be around if Steffy was there, IE holidays, family events, etc. That wouldn't have solved the Forrester Creations issue, but at least it was something, although, I wish Quinn would just say "you obviously don't love or want to be with my son, so please use this as an excuse to leave him for his brother, whom I nailed just like you have - bazinga! - and allow my son to find someone who will fully-appreciate him." I also thought if Quinn made that offer to Steffy in person, rocking those most-awesome pants that she wore yesterday, Steffy would be distracted by how amazing she/they looked, and might take her up on that offer.

On a personal note, as someone who had Satan-in-bad-drag marry into my family, I could've lived with that compromise, of never having to see or deal with her. Just FYI, though, that bitch is gone now through none of my actions, and I didn't even have to sacrifice my marriage!

• Love 16

Great posts by everybody! I've been giving out a lot of "hearts" lately! YAY, show!

I don't have anything to add to what others have already nailed.  I knew a gentleman who was in his early 90s and sharper and more active than a lot of people more than half his age. He was a good mentor to me at a previous job.  So this idea that older means the fast-track to the grave is eminent is "dead" wrong.  By contrast, I worked for another company where the president was in his early 30s. Maybe he had the Harvard MBA, but his people skills sucked and he mainly relied on the owner of the company to pull his strings.  (When the company was sold, he was promptly fired.)

With millennial Steffy being prez at FC, I'd think she's be so busy that she wouldn't have the time to waste (on many levels) on Quinn or grandad's love life. Most people at her *cough* level (nepotism aside) don't even know who the lowly designers and other peons are. So there!

It sounded like Ridge showed up at Brooke's with suitcase in hand. Surely, she's not going to have him move in with her. I don't want to see another Bridge reunion, especially with those two. "Nomad, indeed!" When Thomas was reciting Ridge's impressive list of previous residences, I just got that he always found a woman, Mommy or some FC-owned digs to hang his hat.

How odd that Thomas' PJs fit Steffy perfectly, given that he's about six inches taller than her and much broader in the chest/shoulder area. How convenient that he also must have had some eyeliner lying around. (Maybe a leftover from Charlotte or Veronica? Hee!)

• Love 13

I'm not liking this bashful version of Quinn. "Oh I mustn't cause issues with your family." I'd just be beside myself. *hand on forehead and fanning like in Gone With the Wind* It's just very...weird. Make it stop. I'm happy Rena Sofer is getting airtime but you'd think she'd never had tea and croissants or the love of decent man. I'm still trying to figure out why the marriage with Deacon imploded off screen. Where are they taking this storyline?

No comments on the rest. Just don't care about the fishwife. Wyatt needs therapy if his childhood was that messed up. Maybe that explains why he only chases after people who are emotionally unavailable.

• Love 6

I doubt we'd gotten this story if the Quinn/Liam Captive Cabin thing didn't tank harder than Amazon Prime Day 2015. I fully think Brad Bell thought he had a great idea by throwing the both of them together the way he did, which is why Deacon was tossed to the side. That's unfortunate because SC and RS work well together in their scenes and we could've gotten drunken consensual sex without the brain damage.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I doubt we'd gotten this story if the Quinn/Liam Captive Canin thing didnt tank harder than Amazon Prime Day 2015. 

Heh. 

Ridge needs to put in a bid on Katie's house. Which hilariously is Taylor's old house. He'd have his own manse to hang Stephanie's portrait in. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

NOW Ridge wants to pimp Brooke to Bill to get those shares. Not too long ago he was try to drag her away from Bill. 

Oh great, sneering Katie is back. Ugh.

If you look up master manipulator in the dictionary, you would see Ridge's picture and not Quinn's.  Brooke, go to Bill and get those shares but don't fuck him unless you have to but then it's ok.  Since you broke up with Caroline, Ridge, you can just eat shit and die.  As for Steffy, you can eat waffles and die.  

• Love 10

Classic Ridge.

Claims to want the best for Brooke until it conflicts with what he wants, which is to run interference is his grown father's life this week.

As cold as Brill leaves me, today reminded me of why I can't support the Bridge.

• Love 2

It appears Ridge is willing to pimp out all his girls. First he tried with Katie, attempting to lure her into a situation that she had nothing to do with, one that could have jeopardized her divorce proceedings and her custodial rights with Will. Now Ridge realizes he was probably to fast on the trigger with that idea, because it could take forever, and Bill could drag things out, so he goes to option, or should I say girl, number two. As if it is not already bad enough that Brooke has always been Ridge's second choice, and that he came back from Paris with a gigantic chip on his shoulder with her, and until recently, has treated her something akin to dirt because of her involvement with Bill. Now he wants to put her squarely in the middle of the four most important men in her life? Bill, the man she loves, Ridge, who is her history, Eric, her longest, dearest and truest friend, and her son. What a punk ass move. I was so keenly pissed off as I watched Ridge work Brooke, and when he said something like "you are not going to have a relationship with Bill, you belong here with me", making Brooke think he wanted to rekindle something when all he meant was being together at FC's, and Brooke looked confused and said "with you?", I wanted to smack him. Really, really, hard. And to further push Brooke's buttons, he threw Rick into the deal. So, Brooke being with Bill out of true love wasn't acceptable, but when it comes to Ridge's desire to control FC's, he would send Brooke right into a hornet's nest, or right back into Bill's bed if that is what it takes to get those shares. You know, I didn't want to see Brooke and Bill again. It wasn't that I didn't like them; I thought they were great together, but with all that has happened, I just didn't want to see them together again. But now? I say fuck all that! I hope Brooke gets those shares, and I hope she either keeps them for herself, or throws right in with Eric, giving him equal shares to his kids and grand kids. I want Brooke to see that this is Ridge of old. I want her to see that he is using her to achieve his own ends. I want her to see that after he gets what he wants from her, that he will kick her to the curb just like he has always done. 

Maybe they should have had a full complement of doctors on hand to assess Steffy's well being after dealing with the crushing weight of Quinn's involvement in her marriage. And can someone enlighten me on how that is? I haven't seen Quinn anywhere near Steffy or Wyatt. I haven't seen her at the Beach House. No, the actual problem is Steffy is now regretting her decision to marry Wyatt. Now that the Weak Waffle has returned and doesn't remember how he had broken things off with her, she is looking for an out. And of course Steffy could never own her actions, so it is cleaner and easier to make it all about big bad Quinn. Quinn interfered by kidnapping Liam, and that forced Steffy's hand. Yes, Liam going missing was the equivalent of a mandate that Steffy must marry Wyatt, so Quinn forced Steffy up to that alter at sword point. And since their wedding day has been actively trying to keep them together with daily visits and interference. More than anything, I don't want to see this harpy be happy. Her complete disrespect, and the supreme arrogance she displayed to Wyatt made my stomach churn. Let her return to the Weak Waffle. And let a fresh faced, and freshly renewed Ivy return to help and console a dejected Wyatt. It will only be a matter of time before the Weak Waffle starts wafflin, whether it be with Ivy, or Katie, or even Eve!, and then let little Miss Botox remember what it was like to be the only girl in her guy's life. 

I have this gut feeling that Show has surprises in store for us. I think they are going to reconnect Katie and Ridge, something that makes my head hurt because I found them about as interesting as dry toast. But there has to be some reason that Katie blew the whistle about Douglas, and then Ridge trying to pull her into this mess. And he has forgiven her, and said she was right to interfere in his marriage and Douglas's paternity. I also noticed that he is always complimenting her on how she looks. And Ridge is homeless again and Katie has bought some new digs. I believe that Brooke is gonna do a turncoat on Ridge and the Gang, and support Eric and end up with Bill. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 19

Pimping is EXACTLY what Ridge was doing, especially where Brooke is concerned, and I am so pissed off. So much for their friendly, refreshing conversations lately. Ridge is a user, through and through, whether it's crashing at Brooke's house when he could and should spring for the Beverly Wiltshire (among other locations) or dangling her in front of Bill like catnip to get his grimy hands on those shares. You all know good and well that if it takes Brooke literally taking one for the team and sealing the deal with the stallion, Ridge will be just fine and dandy with that. And he calls Eric pathetic and desperate? 

I, too, loved Brill the first go-round and seeing those flashbacks of Aspen and Monte Carlo are just painful reminders of what could and should have been. With Brooke being dragged through the mud ad nauseum, I wasn't anxious to see Brill 2.0, but I agree, all bets are off now that Ridge is using Brooke and her feelings for Bill and her vulnerability (remember her comment about understanding loneliness?) to get what HE wants. I hope that backfires on him - spectacularly - and that Brooke and Rick (which really, asshole, now you're going to play nice with Ricky Boy?) and join forces with Eric and Quinn. While Brooke isn't too fond of Quinn, she loves Eric more and has been noticeably absent from the daily run to the Forrester mansion and convince the old man he needs to know his place and remain a doddering old man routine that has gone well past tiresome.

Steffy...well, I think I have finally reached the point of having no fucks to give about her, so the less said, the better.

• Love 13

Well said. All I could think watching yesterday's show was that as much as I love TK, I despise Ridge for using Brooke like this. Pimping is exactly what he's doing.  And I hope she backs Eric in the coming showdown. 

I must be going soft but I didn't mind the montage/flashbacks, especially since they were before my time. DD/KKL made a pretty couple.  It's funny, I loved DD on Y&R but haven't liked him on B&B.  I started watching right about the time Brooke was getting ready to dump Bill for whatever he did to Ridge.  (Pushing him out of a helicopter?) 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 6

and I hate that cat eye liner she's [Steffy] gone back to using. She was looking so good and natural but is slowly going back to the old ugly makeup. Ick!

I have a theory about that.  When she veers strongly towards Wyatt, her extensions come off or are tamed, she stops fucking up her hair color, and she tones down her makeup.  But every time she veers strongly towards Liam, her wardrobe and makeup becomes darker/"sexier", and she starts fucking with her hair again.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

Well said. All I could think watching yesterday's show was that as much as I love TK, I despise Ridge for using Brooke like this. Pimping is exactly what he's doing.  And I hope she backs Eric in the coming showdown. 

I must be going soft but I didn't mind the montage/flashbacks, especially since they were before my time. DD/KKL made a pretty couple.  It's funny, I loved DD on Y&R but haven't liked him on B&B.  I started watching right about the time Brooke was getting ready to dump Bill for whatever he did to Ridge.  (Pushing him out of a helicopter?) 

As others have mentioned in this thread, a lot of us were kinda jarred to say the least when TIIC went there with Brill. Up until Katie disappeared following her PPD, Bill was pretty open how little he thought of her and Donna for using their sexuality to move up the FC ranks (a point that we was entirely incorrect, at least for Brooke) Ridge, Eric, Brooke and Donna teamed up to create the DARE campaign after he bought the company and placed Katie in change. Basically, they made a purposely bad dress line because there was some stipulation that if they left they'd get blackballed. Bill saw right through it and read the lot of them like the Game of Thornes book series in Esperanto. It was E P I C. I'm kicking myself because the one time I saw the clip uploaded on YT in original English and not the monotone Polish dub I didn't download it. :(

But anywayI never bought into them as a couple. It didn't help that Bill had been Steffy's sidekick in the LiamBowl, undermining Hope at every opportunity, but if Brooke had any respect of boundaries and sticking by her kids, Hope would not exist at all.

• Love 6

I thought it was very telling when Quinn went to the living room and the silver service was all set out with the fresh baked goods-----she was so very impressed with this little taste of the rich life.  And when the doorbell rang and she called for the maid, instead of just getting up right away to answer the door herself, to me that said she was in it not only for the yellow toe nailed old coot, but for all the lavish lifestyle fun.  

Bill dangled a lovely carrot in front of Brooke's nose, but it's more like a bribe to marry him than for actual love.  I mean, if you love a man, do you want payment for that love, as in "I'll give you the shares if you pledge your pootie to me".   

• Love 1

Is this what Bill is reduced to?

He and Katie been needed to split, but this "romance" of his where it's been a nearly one-sided pursuit with Brooke's enthusiasm being lukewarm at best? Fail. Brooke gave more fucks for Whip Jones and that was an obvious sham marriage.

• Love 2

Sasha is such a breath of air on this show. She's so good that she's almost entirely makes me forget all about Douglas' conception, & Thomas as a creeper. However, I wish she wasn't "on" all the time. Sometimes, she should tone it down, but I hope they stick with her & Thomas, because they both improve each other.

This Brill stuff is just blah, but I must say, DD/$Bill is just an absolutely beautiful man. I have no idea how old he is, but he genuinely is probably one of the most attractive men in the history of daytime tv. This is not at all because my husband has been out of town all week, no, it's just that I renoticed today DD/$Bill's hottness. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, nkotb said:

This Brill stuff is just blah, but I must say, DD/$Bill is just an absolutely beautiful man. I have no idea how old he is, but he genuinely is probably one of the most attractive men in the history of daytime tv. This is not at all because my husband has been out of town all week, no, it's just that I renoticed today DD/$Bill's hottness. 

That's why DD's Y&R alter ego Brad Carlton was able to go from pool boy to boardroom with ease. Dude is foooiiiiinnnnnneeeee.

One of the best things this show did was create $Bill and tap DD to play him. He's exactly the type of character needed and comes off better than Nick Marone's brand of bastardy righteousness. Although I liked Nick too in the beginning.

• Love 9

I enjoyed Sasha and Thomas and they are much better than Nicole and Zende. S & T are run and N & Z just suck the air out of the room. 

For me, Brooke is not being bribed with the FC shares, by Bill, but she is prostituting herself for Ridge if she accepts the proposal. The difference is that she is not going after the shares for her advantage, just Ridge's.  Now what will Ridge do if Logan agrees to marry Bill?

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

As f-i-n-e fine as DD was then, 

a.jpg

He is so much better with age:

MTI4ODIzMzU4MDYxMDcwMzQ2.png

Happy Friday, ladies!

Amen to that!

The best thing MAB did was fire DD so he have no part of the mess Y&R has since become, and we got both him AND HT! Easily the sexiest man on the show IMHO!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

That's why DD's Y&R alter ego Brad Carlton was able to go from pool boy to boardroom with ease. Dude is foooiiiiinnnnnneeeee.

One of the best things this show did was create $Bill and tap DD to play him. He's exactly the type of character needed and comes off better than Nick Marone's brand of bastardy righteousness. Although I liked Nick too in the beginning.

Nick got ruined when he became so incredibly obsessed with Brooke AFTER marrying her. But even for that I coudln't not cheer as he read Ridge for the selfish bastard he was, just wish Nick didn't have to become as entitled as Ridge by the end of his run.

Man, imagine if Peter Bergman left Y&R and played a recast Nick Maronie and was fighting for Brooke along DD and HT? The epic win of that combination with a dash of TK's talent would go a long way to balance the kiddie pool crapola.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I enjoyed Sasha and Thomas and they are much better than Nicole and Zende. S & T are run and N & Z just suck the air out of the room. 

Nicole and Zende were set up as the cute couple from jump but they didn't have any baggage or history (Zende has history on paper but not a lot in show) to make them compelling before they shoved Sasha in as the interloper.

That's why you always play a newbie with an established character. With Sasha and Thomas, we know she's the black sheep of her family and a vixen/bad girl looking for love and we ROOT for her to get it because of the way the Avants and especially Julius treat her. Sasha is a young woman trying to move up beyond her circumstances and while she has the fierce, survivor thing going for her, we also want her to catch a break and not have to fight all the time for love and acceptance.

Thomas has a LOT of baggage but we know him and his experience in being older helps for him to have an open mind to Sasha and want to get to know her. He's got all the Prince Charming attributes (hot, heir to a 'royal' family, rich, and a backbone). What she does for him is help him see beyond his own life and circumstances and grow up a bit. The 'Night of Misunderstanding' aside, you root for Thomas because with learning about Douglas he really is ready to be in a more mature relationship with the right woman.

Also the show is playing them slow. Not insta-love, nor even insta-sex. They're friends first. They feel the spark but are holding back and building a nice foundation. He's defended her against her father. He's accepting her as a woman but not looking to exploit her. She sparkles under his attention. He walks a little taller in being needed, appreciated and able to protect. We're all WAITING for them to go on a real date, have a real kiss (because what will Rick, Maya, Nicole, Zende, and Julius think?!) and look forward to the courtship and first time together with anticipation.

We also know of the potential big bomb/hurdle for them to be tested - Caroline's return with Douglas - and wonder how will it affect this young couple's relationship. Is Sasha just a right now girl or possible forever love? Is Thomas going to go to his Brooke (Sasha) or go back to his son's mother the way he wished his father did?

Basically they're allowing our anticipation to build so that we want things to happen for them and to see what happens next. In some cases you CAN just drop a couple together and it works. Queric has fans because the two vet actors are making it work through chemistry and they've been in the game long enough to do it in their sleep. Nende tanks in large part because of inexperience (although the writing is also not great for them). Tasha shows a great balance:  measured pacing, writing that's good AND helps less experienced actors, and pairing an old character with a new.

The best thing MAB did was fire DD so he have no part of the mess Y&R has since become, and we got both him AND HT! Easily the sexiest man on the show IMHO!

Yeah, I was shocked and saddened when Brad was offed. In addition to the traumatic way he died, he'd been around so long you thought he'd be there forever. 

But it's funny all those years as Brad on Y&R, DD was battling Victor and never winning and then he gets hired to play basically Victor Newman 2.0 and be the big dawg finally. He even one upped him by growing a goatee rather than just a mustache! It was probably one of the best fortunate firings a soap actor could ever hope for. The only other one is Peter Bergman sacked as Cliff on AMC only to be free to grab Jack Abbott on Y&R and never look back.

Edited by TobinAlbers
Gushing over DD.
  • Love 9

Do we have some Aerosmith fans amongst us with the "F.I.N.E." fine references? (Outside the usual panting over DD, YEAH!) Fess up! LOL!

Anyway, who kidnapped Brooke Logan and left behind this wimpy guilt-ridden, limp-locks hand-wringing dishrag? I want the Brooke Logan with the red power suit (I guess in these days, it would be marsala) and fierce French twist? (I'd even settle for that as a new hairstyle.) The Brooke we all know and loved would be dancing on the tabletops wearing a lampshade on her head over the news that $Bill was divorcing Katie and begging Brooke to marry him. The old Brooke would hound Katie to the ends of the earth to make her sign the settlement papers, then rub her nose in it. So, what gives?

Katie seems to be over the break-up and moving on and happy. Bill is over it. What's Brooke's problem? If she loves Bill then what's with the resistance now? Surely she still fostering some angst-driven fantasy that Bill and Katie will reunite and raise Will in a happy home. It. Ain't. Happenin'! She's outplayed the martyr hand so unless she really is serious that she no longer wants to be with Bill, then I don't get it.

Katie is another story. I'm firmly convinced that she's playing somebody. Does she want Ridge back? Is this all a big act to somehow get back at Bill (not with Bill.) Is there some kind of payback headed Brooke's way? I certainly hope she's not falling for Ridge's false flattery and overly earnest pursuit of Bill's FC shares in the "interest of the company." What was she fishing for when she kept needling Ridge about having feelings for Brooke? He was certainly dodgy in his responses.

Anyway, WTF does he care if Brooke has a relationship with Bill? Yes, he hates Bill, but at the expense of Brooke's happiness? Is he back to the old days of not wanting either Taylor or Brooke to be happy with another man, even though they aren't with him? I'M CONFUSED!

What I'm perfectly clear about, however, if loving Thomas and Sasha. They have a nice chemistry. The pacing is good, too. However, given BB's track record with rushing romances, those two will probably hit the sheets by the end of next week. Then Caroline will return with the baby and say that while she was in NY, she gave the situation a lot of thought and wants to make a go of it with being a family with Thomas and Douglas.

• Love 9

Okay, aside from also loving Thomas with Sasha (and I seriously was grossed out by him before when he was leeching onto Caroline and had no respect for her marriage and/or relationship with his father, and was also totally gross when he was macking on Ivy), the one thing I kept thinking is why the fuckety fuck would Brooke want to take up residence with Bill in the home that her sister just vacated. That is seriously miserly and disgusting.  Eww,

• Love 9

I was just reading the latest posts and started to laugh about how invested we all are in these imaginary people. Just like the "real" housewives who aren't housewives and aren't real. Oh well-it gives us something to talk about. And I hate Steffy's hair and makeup. How's that for being invested? Ha!

• Love 5
On 8/24/2016 at 7:38 PM, Gam2 said:

The only people I can root for now are Eric and Quinn. Stand up for yourselves and what you want in your lives. Those entitled, spoiled children and grandchildren can take care of themselves. Kick Ridge, Rick and Steffy to the curb. Oh, and Wyatt--get a clue. Steffy does not love you. Move on, buddy.  I love watching Eric and Quinn together. They're by far the best actors on this show. Is the writing improving lately? Except for Steffy, of course. "I told her to leave me and my family alone". How many damn times has she said that?  Oh, and I hate that cat eye liner she's gone back to using. She was looking so good and natural but is slowly going back to the old ugly makeup. Ick! I'm done with my complaining. Sorry.

I like this whole post, with the exception of being done complaining.   Keep going, it's what makes this show fun! :)

• Love 3
18 hours ago, politichick said:

Okay, aside from also loving Thomas with Sasha (and I seriously was grossed out by him before when he was leeching onto Caroline and had no respect for her marriage and/or relationship with his father, and was also totally gross when he was macking on Ivy), the one thing I kept thinking is why the fuckety fuck would Brooke want to take up residence with Bill in the home that her sister just vacated. That is seriously miserly and disgusting.  Eww,

Well, the writers at least tried to smooth it over for us by having Katie ask that Bill respect her enough to pick another bedroom besides theirs to use with Brooke.  And CBS/Show interns - I actually appreciated the effort.  It's still gross but considering soap budgets these days, I'm okay with the one liner mainly because it shows someone cared enough to address it. 

3 full weeks and counting.  I know I'll probably quit again in a rage once Caroline comes back and reminds me what a creep Thomas was but until then I'm enjoying it. 

• Love 6

It does seem like Katie's up to something. Maybe it's just HT's smirk.

But how can Katie be behaving so well adjustedly all of a sudden?

And where in the hell is Taylor? It's ridiculous that she's no longer in her remaining children's lives. Especially now. Seeing Steffy and Thomas together at his apt was weird in that she looks and behaves much older than him while he is her big brother.

• Love 1

I'd rather Taylor stay off the show than be another sounding board to stroke Steffy's inflated ego. Besides fighting her kids' battles, what role would she have on the show? Pissing on Brooke over Bill? That got old the first time around. Quinn could definitely use a head doctor, but not even she deserves Taylor's brand of quackery. 

• Love 6
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 5:05 PM, politichick said:

You know, if Bill moved in with Brooke, and Katie sold the house as required by California law in a divorce (couple must split all property purchased during the marriage or one partner buys out the other), Ridge would finally have a big enough place to crash at without pissing on Rick over the Forrester mansion. Just saying. :p

It'd also be a good workaround over them screwing in his and Katie's room, which yeah, gross. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of Brooke's house, I can't believe Rick is still whining about havIng to move out of daddy's house as if Brooke's house is some kind of hovel.

Well, you know, as the only one of Brooke's offspring currently living in town, he didn't have to defeat anyone to get a spot in her house, so it's just not as good.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of Brooke's house, I can't believe Rick is still whining about havIng to move out of daddy's house as if Brooke's house is some kind of hovel.

That whole thing about Dad's House is a load of bull. Granted, Ridge may not have lived there as a young child while FC was up and coming, but he's got more history with it than Rick.

Is living together in huge mansions a thing that rich people do anymore?

1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Well, you know, as the only one of Brooke's offspring currently living in town, he didn't have to defeat anyone to get a spot in her house, so it's just not as good.  

That just reminded me of a question I've had since all this Ridge versus RJ stuff happened: does Rick hold it against RJ for being Ridge's son? Would he pull that Marone crap on him once he's old enough to make decisions in FC?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

That just reminded me of a question I've had since all this Ridge versus RJ stuff happened: does Rick hold it against RJ for being Ridge's son? Would he pull that Marone crap on him once he's old enough to make decisions in FC?

We'll see very, very soon how Rick treats his little brother. 

Which , dang, Rick's little brother is also his nephew because he's the son of Rick's big brother - who he loathes. Then again Rick probably doesn't view him as a nephew as he's a ::spits:: Marone and just looks at him as his brother as he's also a Logan.

But RJ's got an impressive collection of siblings: Rick, Bridget, Hope on the Logan side and Thomas and Steffy (Phoebe, RIP and Douglas in a yet to happen paternity switch) on the Forrester/Marone side AND Jack Marone (who is biologically a Logan brother AND Marone cousin).

No wonder RJ chose boarding school and staying with friends over coming home for the holidays. Between Eric, Rick, and Ridge AND all his siblings he was probably, 'I'm not even about to try to understand the dynamics of my crazy family. Deuces!'

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 9

Lol. I remember noticing that when Rick and Phoebe were dating. RJ is the most well connected legacy character of any soap outside of the DiMeras (sic?) On DOOL. They'll pretty much have to create a new teen scene for him since here's related to everyone.

• Love 3
On 8/27/2016 at 8:53 PM, Gam2 said:

I was just reading the latest posts and started to laugh about how invested we all are in these imaginary people. Just like the "real" housewives who aren't housewives and aren't real. Oh well-it gives us something to talk about. And I hate Steffy's hair and makeup. How's that for being invested? Ha!

Good point! This made me smile.

• Love 4

Wow, Nicole is not Maya's sister, she's Maya's clone. Nocole has Maya's judgement bitch face down pat. Yes Nicole, Thomas has a baby with Caroline but you have a baby with Rick.  

I'm a little surprised that Ridge didn't protest more about Brooke marring Bill. I guess he really wants that stock. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6

So, I caught part of Katie's words to Brooke and Ridge. Assuming she's being sincere, good for her. It's refreshing to see any woman on daytime TV, especially on B&B, say "Fuck this shit," and actually move on and stay moved on. I'm glad she shut Brooke's self guilt bullshit down too.

• Love 6

Ok....the twelve yo in me can't resist....

Bill to Brooke:  "I don't want to put words in your mouth" 

Me:  "I wanna put this"....grabbing crotch.

Sorry.....too many years around garages, mechanics, men in general.....my hubby is the master of one-liners.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Ok....the twelve yo in me can't resist....

Bill to Brooke:  "I don't want to put words in your mouth" 

Me:  "I wanna put this"....grabbing crotch.

Sorry.....too many years around garages, mechanics, men in general.....my hubby is the master of one-liners.

Lol, I spent five years in the Navy and many of my formative years at the 4Chan boards, so I'm there with you :p

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

So, I caught part of Katie's words to Brooke and Ridge. Assuming she's being sincere, good for her. It's refreshing to see any woman on daytime TV, especially on B&B, say "Fuck this shit," and actually move on and stay moved on. I'm glad she shut Brooke's self guilt bullshit down too.

Agree, but I don't trust it. This show almost never lets a woman have any dignity when it comes to relationships.

• Love 5