Type keyword(s) to search

RPDR: In The Media

• Start Topic

This might be old news (sorry) but my daughter found this...Clay Aiken and Bianca Del Rio teaming up...could be pretty funny.

‘NewsBeat’: Drag Queens Nina West, Bianca Del Rio & More Unite For News Show From Politicon, EP Clay Aiken (msn.com)

RuPaul's Drag Race joins The Brady Bunch for epic crossover TV remake

Dragging the Classics: The Brady Bunch will star iconic cross-dressing queens crossing over into the world of classic 1970's sitcom, using new technology to transport the cast into the original Brady house. The Drag Race alums set to appear include All-Stars 5 winner Shea Couleé as Marcia Brady, Bianca Del Rio as Carol Brady, BenDeLaCreme stepping out of drag to play Greg Brady, All-Stars 6 contestant Kylie Sonique Love as Jan Brady, season 13's Kandy Muse as Cindy Brady, and season 11 Miss Congeniality Nina West as Alice. Judges RuPaul - who had a role in the 1995 Brady Bunch Movie satire - and Michelle Visage will co-star as new characters named "The Wig Attendant" and "Helen," respectively.

Original Brady Bunch actors reprising their roles for the show include Barry Williams as Mike Brady, Christopher Knight as Peter Brady, Mike Lookinland as Bobby Brady, and actresses Eve Plumb (who played Jan on the sitcom) and Susan Olsen (originator of the Cindy Brady role) taking on supporting roles.

Dragging the Classics: The Brady Bunch premieres Wednesday, June 30 exclusively on Paramount+

Does anyone want to talk about Drag Race Italia? It's an interesting take on the whole thing, but regardless of franchise, the queens are always entertaining. Instant love for all of them.

I've been watching.  The queens seem older than the ones on the other franchises.  The queens aren't as polished and the wardrobes are a step below.

That said, they are all likable.  

Do you think they deserve their own thread?  We are two weeks in and this is the first mention of them....

Yeah, I wasn't sure if they can support their own thread, so I started here. Game either way!

Season 1 queens are always going to be the least polished ones, I think, but there are some gems in there. The one who channeled Dita Van Teese for the Divas runway made my jaw drop, she did it so well. Weirdly, as far as polish goes, I feel like Priscilla could use some! But she makes pretty incisive critiques.

Congratulations are in order for Trixie Mattel, who has received a Critics' Choice TV nomination for Best Comedy Special! Hope she wins!

BEST COMEDY SPECIAL 

Bo Burnham: Inside (Netflix)

Good Timing with Jo Firestone (Peacock)

James Acaster: Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999 (Vimeo)

Joyelle Nicole Johnson: Love Joy (Peacock)

Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average American (Netflix)

Trixie Mattel: One Night Only (YouTube)

Isn't it rather hypocritical for anyone to question a hetero man competing?  Isn't that part of being inclusive?  After all, if a man whom dressed in drag becomes a woman can win Drag Race, and a woman becomes a man and is a strong competitor on Drag Race,...the gender lines are blurred plenty!  It will be interesting to see how well he does...although I doubt he will win.

Ru loves to cause controversy.

• Love 4

Drag Race France: Nicky Doll to Host International Competition Series

“I’m honored and thrilled to be the mistress of ceremonies of this emblematic show, which is going to revolutionize French drag and give prominence to incredible queer artists! So, start your engines, and may the best drag queen…win!” Nicky said in a statement.

The first French queen to compete on RuPaul’s Drag Race in Season 12, Nicky finished in 11th place. She’s the second Drag Race contestant to be named the host of an international off-shoot, following Brooke Lynn Hytes of Drag Race Canada.

Nicky will be joined on the judges’ panel by French TV presenter Daphné Bürki and musician Kiddy Smile.

• Love 2

Jujubee Gets Real Ahead of Drag Race UK vs. the World Finale: 'I Don't Think the Fans Really Want Me to Win This'

“Everybody wanted me to be eliminated that night, they wanted me to go,” Jujubee tells TVLine. “I don’t think the fans really want me to win this. To some of them, I’ve taken space that they feel belongs to other queens who they love.”

But no matter how ugly things got on social media, the seasoned queen took it all in stride, wisely getting in on the jokes rather than letting them tear her down.

“Their feelings aren’t my problem,” she says of her more vocal online haters. “I’m not responsible for how someone else feels, only for how I respond, and the soul in me just wants to spread love. I’ve gone through a lot of stuff in my life that told me I probably belong somewhere else — dead, you know? — and I’ve managed to not be dead. I’ve managed to survive a lot of s–t, and the reason I’m Good Juju is because that’s who I am and what I do. The fans are very passionate, and I think all of us have been really uncomfortable in this pandemic. The easiest target is a happy, sassy, successful drag queen on a television show.”

3 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

This seems like very weird timing to announce with only a few episodes to go (god willing, praying that Ru has run out of non-eliminations) but Vulture is reporting that the prize is now $150,000 rather than $100,000 AND that the runner-up gets $50,000.

I'd like to see 3rd place get $25K.  Maybe 4-6 get $15K and the rest get $5K. I wonder if this is also in response to some push back from the queens in returning for All Stars or guest spots.  

I think about Mo Heart and Blu Hydrangea on UK vs World.  They easily spent $20K while Jujube spent a $500 gift card at the mall.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wasn't sure where to put this , but this link alleges they were at the finale filming and have posted the winner, sequence of events, and other spoilers. Proceed at your own risk. In case it's taken down I've posted the final 2 and winner in the spoiler tags  

Spoiler

Willow Pill wins over Lady Camden 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
On 4/8/2022 at 5:47 PM, The Mighty Peanut said:

Wasn't sure where to put this , but this link alleges they were at the finale filming and have posted the winner, sequence of events, and other spoilers. Proceed at your own risk. In case it's taken down I've posted the final 2 and winner in the spoiler tags  

Reveal spoiler

Willow Pill wins over Lady Camden 

Not sure I would trust any "spoilers" for the winner.  It is well-known that this show tapes multiple winners during the finale and then reveals the actual winner in the final airing.  Usually the girls don't find out themselves until the show airs.  That's why the runner-ups always seem a lot happier here than in other reality shows.

• Love 1

I watched a YT clip with heavy spoilers for the all winners season that has since been taken down. This should be taken with enough salt to melt the ice off your driveway, but the spoilers I saw for S14 did turn out to be accurate, so 🤷‍♀️

Spoiler

Snatch Game is one of the best ever, Jinkx wins. Top 4 are Monet X Change, Jinkx Monsoon, Shea Coulee, and Trinity the Tuck. Everyone is really good but Shea Coulee is knocking it out of the park and Jinkx excels in all the comedy challenges. Raja has some of the best runways but struggles with dancing. 

It's fun to speculate, in any case.

I don't know where to post this so I hope this is ok.

Watching old seasons of Drag Race, not even that far back, like season 8, and the things they say are just, wow. The fatphobia, the transphobia, the ableism, all the slurs...

The show has improved, but still...

So the next Vs The World is announced: Canada vs The World!

The nine queens competing in Canada’s Drag Race: Canada Vs. the World were revealed on Monday, giving us a taste of what we can expect from the six-part series, which premieres Friday, Nov. 18 (9/8c) on WOW Presents Plus in the US and select territories. For Canadian viewers, the episodes will once again air on Crave.

The queens will be:

Spoiler
  • Anita Wigl'it (Drag Race Down Under Season 1)

• Icesis Couture (Canada's Drag Race Season 2)

• Kendall Gender (Canada's Drag Race Season 2)

• Ra'Jah O'Hara (Drag Race Season 11, All Stars 6)

• Rita Baga (Canada's Drag Race Season 1, Drag Race Belgique Host)

• Silky Nutmeg Ganache (Drag Race Season 11, All Stars 6)

• Stephanie Prince (Canada's Drag Race Season 2)

• Vanity Milan (Drag Race UK Season 3)

• Victoria Scone (Drag Race UK Season 3)

9 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

According to my DVR the entire season is being broadcast on January 5 and 6. Because they're trying to compete with streamers when they drop all the episodes for binging?

Jan 5 is airing episodes from Season 14. Season 15 debuts on the 6th.

18 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I have to say that I am annoyed that I have to search online to watch Season 15, especially when I already pay for Paramount Plus and WOW Presents Plus. C'mon Ru! I cut the cable cord a long time ago and I will not pay for anything else to watch this season!

Same here. I am sitting out watching this season. I'll likely keep Paramount Plus, but I may stop WOW Plus.

• Like 1

According to Vulture, Real Whatever of WeHo is an absolute bomb, with viewers tuning in for RDPR, most of them tuning out for WeHo, and then tuning AGAIN for Untucked!  (untucked!, people!) - which makes me wonder if WeHo folds, if we would get extended episodes again.

An easy fix to this would be to air the truncated episodes on actual MTV but to air the extended unedited episodes on platforms like MTV streaming or Apple TV ITunes downloads.  I no longer have cable and am watching via ITunes and am getting all the “fucks” and other swears.

• Like 1