Type keyword(s) to search

RPDR: In The Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

If anyone has ideas for a good subtitle for this thread, please make suggestions and we can have the mod change it for us!

I am so excited to have a full forum for the show! This thread can be for articles, interviews, videos, etc. related to the show and the contestants.

To start off our brand new thread, a video of Bianca Del Rio at The Cafe in San Francisco. Someone in the audience got offended by something she said and came on stage to complain. Bianca's reaction:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5
(edited)

Jesus, the macro- and micro-aggressions thrown by that Latino dude are pretty frightening.

That said, I wish I'd heard what is it that Bianca Del Rio said to make him disrespect so many boundaries.

"Selena is dead" cracked me up although the other stuff was just generic Latino- character-assassination quips.

Edited by Aldo Alvarez

While I think it's really cool that at the very least this has all started a dialogue about acceptance in all forms within the LGBTQ community, I just...well...think this is all really dumb. I am horrible at explaining my feelings on anything serious and am far more suited towards talking crap about reality tv contestants, so I would like to defer to this extremely well written article to explain my feelings on this. 

I understand why all of this would anger people but I just have a hard time feeling like it actually should anger people. 

Edited by evilandproud
  • Love 2

I understand why all of this would anger people but I just have a hard time feeling like it actually should anger people.

When you've got nothing better to do, you've got nothing better to do.  I don't live my life in a state of perpetual outrage because it distracts me from more pressing matters, like living my life.

• Love 2

The show hasn't been ruined; it's barely been touched.  So why all the animosity toward people who don't like the term?  They didn't steal anybody's Christmas.  With some editing, the Rusical episode can easily be made available again.

• Love 2

There's no animosity on my part. I think, for me anyway, it has absolutely nothing to do with the barely present changes it made to the show and a lot more to do with a distaste for an atmosphere of hypersensitivity and outrage. 

• Love 1

I think that the amount of bullshit transgender people must have to wade through on a near daily basis is probably SO high that if there's a weekly line on Drag Race that takes away their enjoyment of the show or makes them feel not included (when the show wants to be all about inclusion and fun)--why not take it out?  I don't think it's about being overly sensitive so much as it's about good manners.  The whole point of good manners is that everyone feels welcome. 

• Love 8

I'm not sure if this is the right RPDR thread for this but, here goes: When TPTB over at NowNowNext and Logo announced that they were stopping "You've got she-mail" and not showing the "Shade: The Rusical" episode that has the "She Male or Female" challenge in it I immediately checked over on iTunes Canada and saw that it was still available to download. Later that night when the Talk Show episode aired it still had "you've got she-mail" and then, yesterday Canada's LGBT channel OutTV had a mini marathon of RPDR that began with "Shade:The Rusical" complete with the she male/female challenge.

Now, I'm guessing this means that the ban of this episode as well as the 'you've got she-mail" must be just in the USA. I know there are always issues via copyrights etc. as there are things that the folks in the US get to see via Logo that we don't see here in Canada like the first ten minute previews of the upcoming episodes but I was kind of surprised that the recent changes as I thought it would have been across the boards.

(edited)

RuPaul's Drag Race wins TCA award for Outstanding Reality Show

Apparently this was something of an upset. 

RuPaul's Drag Race nabbed a historic win in taking Outstanding Reality Series and beating fellow nominees like The Amazing Race and The Voice. Entering its seventh season on LOGO, this is only the second formal accolade RuPaul has received for the competition series. It took best reality series at the GLAAD Awards in 2010, shortly after its premiere. An elaborate face-off for drag queens, Drag Race has become something of a cultural phenomenon, even prompting an all-stars season for fan-favorite contestants.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 4

New queens are out and we have another Davenport.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/07/rupauls-drag-race-season-7-tease-cast-announcement/

RuPaul’s Drag Race season 7 contestants:

Sasha Belle (Iowa City, Iowa)

Violet Chachki (Atlanta)

Kennedy Davenport (Dallas)

Mrs. Kasha Davis (Rochester, N.Y.)

Tempest DuJour (Tucson, Ariz.)

Miss Fame (New York City)

Jaidynn Diore Fierce (Nashville, Tenn.)

Kandy Ho’ (Cayey, P.R.)

Katya (Boston)

Jasmine Masters (Los Angeles)

Trixie Mattel (Milwaukee)

Max (Hudson, Wisc.)

Ginger Minj (Orlando, Fla.)

Pearl (Brooklyn, N.Y.)

• Love 1

No Vicky Vox, huh?  Darn--oh well.  I recognize just one or two of these names but I've learned not to get too excited over this.  The queens who I think are going to KILL.IT. never do and the queens I've never even heard of become my favs.

• Love 2

Hopefully this is the right place to put this. I watch a lot of YouTube, and the majority of it is created by or about the drag racers. I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying Raja and Raven's Photo Fashion RuView on the WoW YouTube Channel. The only nitpick that I have is that Raja and Raven lack a certain kind of chemistry together. The episodes are much better now that Delta Work has been added to the mix. I can't wait for their reads on this new season of queens.
If anyone is interested, a month ago someone posted The Roast of Michelle Visage* with Bianca acting as host. If you watch any of it, watch Part 4 with Mimi Imfurst. Best roasting job I've ever seen! Seriously. The rest is not really worth watching. Willam did something gimmicky that didn't really work and you could tell he thought he was being cute. Sharon Needles showed up dressed as Joan Rivers and behaved awkwardly. Detox got very (drunkenly) emotional. Jinx threw some shade, Alaska was Alaska, and everyone was drunk.

• Love 2

Yeah, it was fun watching that Michelle Visage roast (it was on one of those 'Chuck and Al' cruises, right?) Bianca was a great host and,wow, Mimi Imfirst was on fire! She really killed it. Oh, and what the hell with Detox? She just drunkenly walked around and was completely unprepared. I mean, i like Detox fine (I never tire of her 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now' number), but sometimes she really comes across like she thinks just showing up drunk is funny enough. Whatever, girt.

I'm wondering what's up with the scheduling of Season Seven. The commercials on OutTV say something like 'later on this month' (January) which I thought was strange as we are in January so ... they don't know what day yet? So, now it's supposed to be in the Spring? Curious.

• Love 2
I'm wondering what's up with the scheduling of Season Seven. The commercials on OutTV say something like 'later on this month' (January) which I thought was strange as we are in January so ... they don't know what day yet? So, now it's supposed to be in the Spring? Curious.

Lawd if we ever need T it is now!  That is so odd because I'm sure W.O.W originally planned it to air in Jan per usual or they wouldn't have released the queens name's in Dec. so why the change?  I wonder if something screwy is going on with editing or do the queens have to come back to reshoot something??  I lurk around some other forums and see if anyone else knows the T.

I'm enjoying Raja and Raven's Photo Fashion RuView on the WoW YouTube Channel. The only nitpick that I have is that Raja and Raven lack a certain kind of chemistry together. The episodes are much better now that Delta Work has been added to the mix. I can't wait for their reads on this new season of queens.

I kinda like the Toots & Boots of Raja and Raven but I'm not in luv with it so I'll watch if I just have a few mins to kill.  I haven't seen the ones with Delta Work but if they are better maybe I will check them out.  I normally don't care for Delta but I really liked her on her Couple$ for Ca$h video so IDK maybe she deserves another chance. 

No I haven't seen the Michelle Visage roast but I will check it out.  It was done on the Chuck & Al cruise?  So fans simply recorded it on their phone and posted it?  Enh the only problem with that is usually the quality of the film isn't that great.  I've tried to watch some of Courtney's shows and maybe there is some shaky camera work.  A lot of tanked queens huh?  Ha, no surprise but speaking of Alaska though...

You gotta check out her videos with her brother....these are sooo friggin' funny!!

• Love 1

I believe the Logo schedule for January 26th is up now and RPDR is not on it.

Theories I've seen floated are: an editing or casting problem; or holding off on RPDR publicity to give Michelle the spotlight. She's currently on Celebrity Big Brother UK, and seemingly very popular, which could be a launchpad for a UK version of RPDR. The downside: Perez Hilton is also on CBB UK with her, and he is legit the worst human ever.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 6

The contrast between them is quite astonishing. Michelle is focused intently on positively representing the queer community, and is coming across excellently. Perez on the other hand hurls accusations of bullying and homophobia for the LOLs and as a wind up, thereby discrediting and trivialising the very community that Michelle is so committed to validating. He really is a repellent little shit.

• Love 1

FINALLY, a start date. I've been getting twitchy without Ru on my tv!

I'm actually excited that Carson and Ross are joining as judges, I heart them both.

Did ya'll notice who's returning as guest judge? Lucian Piane. YUM. Thank you, Ru. :-)

Yay! Finally some fresh blood at the judge's table. I think Carson and Ross will be great. And honestly, I'd rather listen to Carson critique fashion. I've always thought Santino had some taste issues.

And some great guest judges! Please let the challenge for John Water's episode be batshit crazy. You know that man doesn't want to just watch them parade down the runway in pretty dresses. Not unless bodily fluids are involved.

If I had to guess on a reason for the delay (and I think it is a delay since they appeared to be gearing up for a January premiere) it would either be an issue with the music rights (which they've had in the past) or they are indeed letting Michelle have the spotlight for a while - especially if they are trying to parlay her CBB UK appearance into an opportunity to launch a UK version of Drag Race.

• Love 3

If I had to guess on a reason for the delay (and I think it is a delay since they appeared to be gearing up for a January premiere) it would either be an issue with the music rights (which they've had in the past) or they are indeed letting Michelle have the spotlight for a while

I wonder if they held Drag Race back so that they can use it to launch the Russell T Davis show Cucumber (and possibly Banana? I don't quite know if both will be on Logo).

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Love 1