Type keyword(s) to search

RPDR: In The Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Monet's "Soak It Up" featuring Bob and cameos from Monique Heart, the sponge dress, and boy ass (this is for people who are dumb like me and clicked on it at work).

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I preferred Milk more when it was just a few that even noticed him; now it's universally invoked that he's HOT Stuff! I'm not that impressed, but maybe in person he's more stunning to the eye! Without blinking, there are a few that are true HOTTIES in or out of drag and Milk has only worked with them; April Carrion, Courtney Act, Raven, Alisa Summers, maybe Violet Chachki, & of course this season's "HOT trade" of all time Kameron Michaels! Was it Eureka that wouldn't read Kameron in a mini challenge, but just demanded to be Fk'd? Not to say there aren't others, but these are the ones that come to mind for me! I want to like Aquaria, but her persona's too "Laganja Estranja" for my liking! For others, why not come up with each other's top 5? ;-)

1) April Carrion

2) Courtney Act

3) Milk

4) Alisa Summers

5) Kameron Michaels

Edited by Fiero425
(edited)

Leslie Jones' Twitter

Leslie Jones from Ghostbusters and SNL has recently discovered Drag Race! I think she started with Season 4, she's just started Season 6, and she talks over clips of the show on her twitter account. She is a newly minted super fan. And she's concerned that the Pit Crew never wear shoes.

Give yourselves a treat, check it out!

Ok, she's watching the first Untucked and she just said that Laganja is like a "terrible parrot". I want to quit my job and just hang out with Leslie Jones watching RPDR.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 7

I don't know if there are any other TLO "Bitter Kittens" out here... but this bit on the Trailblazer awards was immense.  Specifically the shrewdness of Asia and this outfit.  As TLO said:

"We have to admit, we are damn impressed with her sense of drama, as well as her ability to make her drag mean something. Knowing that these pictures would hit the internet after the reunion episode aired, in which she melted down and then got shut down by Ru, in a clash of ideologies and personalities for the very SOUL OF DRAG. We are only exagerrating a little bit and you should listen to our podcast for the rest of the details. Regardless, the point is, Miss Asia O’Hara is your SILENCED, FACELESS MARTYR QUEEN and you better respect the SHIT out of that kind of boldness. Ru would NEVER."

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2018/06/drag-race-finalists-kameron-michaels-aquaria-eureka-ohara-and-high-drama-queen-asia-ohara-at-the-vh1-trailblazer-honors/

• Love 9

@TheLukeP I did see that post about Asia. I agree about Asia's chutzpah. Ru is increasingly problematic for me. Because as much as Ru likes to think he's transgressive and caused change (and he has), he's also invested in the system and protecting his little niche. So when queens bring up problematic aspects of the show and the fandom, Ru loves to shake his head say it's terrible, but not really do anything about it because Ru doesn't want anyone fucking with his coins.

• Love 7

. So when queens bring up problematic aspects of the show and the fandom, Ru loves to shake his head say it's terrible, but not really do anything about it because Ru doesn't want anyone fucking with his coins.

But the problematic aspects seem to be either things Ru disagrees with (e.g. the she-mail, although that did get changed) or things that are about fandom and not Ru. Ru also has spoken pretty passionately against fans harassing queens.

It's easy to critique--especially once something gets successful--but what exactly can Ru do that she's not doing? And what is Asia actually doing?

• Love 5

I like Drag Race Thailand, but they use "you've got she-mail", which needs to die an international death. And it was created in the last year or so. I think Ru still doesn't think there's anything wrong with that, or the season 6 mini challenge judging whether body parts are male or female. I think Ru wants to be acknowledged as a pioneer but he refuses to continue to evolve, and that's a huge problem. Ru can be both; a pioneer and someone who is extremely problematic with regards to transgender issues and other things.

• Love 1

There's a whole discussion in the media regarding that since Ru has won an Emmy, he's started to try to morph into this Drag Spiritualist...  like if Oprah and the Long Island Medium had a freak teleporter accident... and that if he wasn't trying so hard to make "the ministry of drag" a thing, (it's so fetch)... that he might actually be able to focus on the problems that he, himself, is continually causing.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/8/2018 at 2:30 PM, Fiero425 said:

I preferred Milk more when it was just a few that even noticed him; now it's universally invoked that he's HOT Stuff! I'm not that impressed, but maybe in person he's more stunning to the eye! Without blinking, there are a few that are true HOTTIES in or out of drag and Milk has only worked with them; April Carrion, Courtney Act, Raven, Alisa Summers, maybe Violet Chachki, & of course this season's "HOT trade" of all time Kameron Michaels! Was it Eureka that wouldn't read Kameron in a mini challenge, but just demanded to be Fk'd? Not to say there aren't others, but these are the ones that come to mind for me! I want to like Aquaria, but her persona's too "Laganja Estranja" for my liking! For others, why not come up with each other's top 5? ;-)

1) April Carrion

2) Courtney Act

3) Milk

4) Alisa Summers

5) Kameron Michaels

You didn't include THE hottest IMO, Pearl.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Victim Noises said:

You didn't include THE hottest IMO, Pearl.

That's a matter of opinion! That scene with Ru where Pearl had one of "her moments" leaving the workroom with Max to fend for herself getting ready for the maxi-challenge doing the "The DESPY Awards" writing for a time! Ru's a bigger person than me, awarding the challenge to Pearl after their confrontation! I couldn't see her past that; same for Alaska freakin' out and offering money to be saved in All-Stars! A person's actions can color my opinion of them for all time! ;-)

• Love 3

Derrick Barry roasts himself

Hey, all, I went back a few pages and didn't see a link to this. At the hater's roast Derrick Barry was incredibly drunk, and rambled for 12 minutes, including three or four attempts to tell a golden showers joke. You can see Trixie, Eureka, Ginger, Latrice, Alexis and Thorgy in the background. I always love to hear and see Latrice laugh, and there is plenty of that here.

Krothotkin at Reddit transcribed this, HERE! A sample, " I am gonna congradulate Miss Trixie Montell Woooooo Trixie? Where? [Trixie is highly visible, behind Derrick] I can't find you. Trixie, listen. Idc if people congradulate you or not- you are the winner of season 3 for me. Yea! And if you think cogr congradulated Shangela, ShEs NoT hErE tonight so FUCK YOU!" The delivery is serious and hilarious. At one point she calls Kim Chi "Chim Key".

I thought I'd toss this out as we head into the months between Drag Race shows.

• Love 1

There is some speculation that RuPaul might be leaving Drag Race because he has too many irons in the fire. I find that unlikely because Ru loves his coins and is highly unwilling to pass on a job. What's much more likely is that Drag Race will film when his talk show is dark. Daily talk shows usually film about 150 - 210 episodes a year. That gives Ru a solid couple of months to film a season of regular drag race and All Stars.

https://themuse.jezebel.com/is-the-end-of-rupauls-drag-race-nigh-1827489049/amp

• Love 1

Emmy nominations!

Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program - Untucked
Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
Outstanding Directing For A Reality Program - 10s Across the Board
Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program - RuPaul
Outstanding Casting For A Reality Program
Outstanding Cinematography For A Reality Program - 10s Across the Board
Outstanding Costumes For Variety, Nonfiction Or Reality Programming - 10s Across the Board
Outstanding Picture Editing For A Structured Or Competition Reality Program - 10s Across the Board
Outstanding Picture Editing For An Unstructured Reality Program - Untucked – 10s Across The Board
Outstanding Hairstyling For A Multi-Camera Series Or Special
Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within An Unscripted Program - Season 10 RuVeal
Outstanding Makeup For A Multi-Camera Series Or Special (Non-Prosthetic) – 10s Across The Board

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, buttercupia said:

Jiggly Caliente (Bianca Castro) had a quick role in Pose this week. She was the owner (or salesperson) at a dress shop. 

I'll have to check it out! I had no idea so many contestants went thru the change; no idea before hearing a couple weeks ago with a list of them including Gia before shown in clips! ;-)

Click here for part one!

Hey, all, Pearl has a three part episode on Hey Qween, and a two part episode on Look at Huh.

I'll admit I've never liked her much, but she actually shared some interesting experiences related to the show and life after the show. Pearl said that efore filming started they had to lipsync one of Ru's songs (which they never used, I think). Pearl told Ru about being so grateful to be there, thanks for having her on the show, she's always admired Ru, etc. Ru replies with "anything you say that isn't filmed on camera, doesn't matter". Pearl says that she'd literally admired RuPaul since she was two, and after this she felt like her spirit was broken. She also said that the "do I have something on my face?" conversation was much worse than what was shown, it lasted 30-40 minutes, and she knew nothing she said was going to make a difference.

I came away with a very different view of her, so you might want to check this out. The first story about Ru telling her nothing matters if it isn't on camera literally left Jonny McGovern speechless. For a few moments anyway.

• Love 1

This isn't really Drag Race in the media related, but I will NEVER be cool with Alyssa Edwards after her comments about Coco's orange makeup.

I don't even like Coco. But you want to talk about privilege, that's an example right there. Black women have been talking about the dearth of makeup that actually matches their skin tones for decades. Only a coddled oblivious asshole is not aware of those issues and then shades a Black queen about how the makeup industry ignores people of color. Ok Zaza.

Edited by HunterHunted

RPDR won the following awards at the Creative Emmys last weekend:

Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program - RuPaul

Outstanding Costumes For Variety, Nonfiction Or Reality Programming

Outstanding Directing For A Reality Program - "10s Across The Board," Nick Murray

Outstanding Hairstyling For A Multi-Camera Series Or Special

• Love 1

Not sure where to post this: currently watching the newest episode of the Simpsons, Werking Mom (Marge decides to sell Tubberware and finds the confidence to do so by becoming a drag queen), Ru is a guest voice and sings what seems like a mashup of some of her songs. Love seeing or hearing Ru wherever I can! 

3 minutes ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Not sure where to post this: currently watching the newest episode of the Simpsons, Werking Mom (Marge decides to sell Tubberware and finds the confidence to do so by becoming a drag queen), Ru is a guest voice and sings what seems like a mashup of some of her songs. Love seeing or hearing Ru wherever I can! 

And Raja had a cameo too, squee! 

• Love 1

They announced the cast of Season 11. A lot of drag families with new members on the show. A member of the House Edwards competing against the drag daughter of Coco Montrese. The cast seems interesting. Miss Vanjie will be back. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

Alyssa's drag daughter Plastique Tiara was definitely the prettiest and best dressed of all them all in the RuVeal.

Miss Vanhie returning is probably the worst kept secret of all time, but glad to have her loud ass mouth back all the same. She was the most entertaining, but she did have competition on that score from Silky Nutmeg Ganache. Her outfit was completely awful, and she knew it, but she won me over with her personality. Other early likes for me are Shuga Cain and Nina West.

• Love 1

I'm torn about Vanjie, because I kind of want to preserve her perfect reality TV show moment. 

I tried to watch the meet the queens videos...but why did they put such a long intro on each one? Full-length tv shows don't have opening sequences that long! 

• Love 2