Type keyword(s) to search

RPDR: In The Media

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Ruby Gillis said:

I follow a lot of drag queens on Twitter, but I hadn't heard about any of this.  So disturbing and disappointing.  I had been a fan of his music.  Ugh.

You will find quite a bit of info on reddit

• Love 1

Yikes about Todrick. I haven't read the accusations yet so I'm hoping they're possibly a misunderstanding or something. I've also really enjoyed his recent success.

Celebs? Like....who exactly? I'm not interested in the Lindsay Lohan's of the world. Hopefully it'll be someone fun who isn't already overly skilled in dance/performance. It would be amazing if it were all athletes.

17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yikes about Todrick. I haven't read the accusations yet so I'm hoping they're possibly a misunderstanding or something.

Not paying multiple people is not a misunderstanding. The inappropriate conduct was witnessed by multiple people on more than one occasion so it sounds like a pattern of behavior, not a one time misunderstanding.

• Love 1

That Jake guy did a YT video reading a loooooong statement/explanation from Todrick and while it didn't address sexual misconduct (he just said "I'm not perfect" basically) it did say that Todrick has a guy who cuts the cheques and some of the dancers should have expected to be paid in around two months, while others were there for bragging rights/experience/connections. And apparently the beef with Manilla stems from the mistaken belief that Hall was running an event Manilla performed at, when in fact Hall wasn't running it - they just had his face prominently featured on the poster. And also the guy running it bizarrely faked a Todrick Hall company name on the invoices or something.

I tried reading the various reddits but I can't stand the format. Could anyone summarize what else has been said please..?

(edited)

According to these tweets

(1) Sherry Pie aka Joey Gugliemelli (who is in the second batch of contestants) claimed to be a theater producer named Allison Mossey to solicit sexually explicit photos and videos for "auditions" for Playwrights Horizons in New York City (Playwrights Horizons said there is no one on staff by that name) - more info from one of the victims here.

(2) Brita Filter sexually assaulted her drag daughter while said daughter was inebriated and passed out:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I wonder if it's now going to become a trend to dig up dirt on queens....most of them probably have a *lot* of skeletons in their closets...

Dude, yuck though...why lie and scheme so hard?? Really immature and twisted. Going to be weird watching this season.

• Love 4

I don't feel the least bit sorry for Sherry Pie. Past indiscretions are one thing; using, abusing, manipulating and sexually exploiting numerous innocent men for selfish reasons is another. I don't take sexual assault lightly, so if any of Sherry's victims wanted to press charges, I wouldn't blame them. The show was right to disqualify her and to air the season as planned because too many queens have worked too hard to let Sherry ruin it for them.

Same for Brita's accuser. He has every right to press charges if he wants. Bottom line: the show needs do be much better at vetting contestants.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8

Yeah, I wouldn't want them to cancel the whole season.  A lot of the other queens worked hard, weren't problematic, and it wouldn't be fair to them.  This show gives them so much exposure, a whole new world of opportunities and a huge fanbase, so they would legitimately be losing gigs and lots of money by scrapping the entire season.  I just hope Sherry is gone sooner than later, so the whole season isn't dragged under.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

FYI - we have a forum to discuss We're Here - it's so good!

Already on that forum. It is so good! I cry every week. I wasn’t a Eureka fan in the past, but she is an absolute delight. (Always loved Bob and Shangela, so no surprises there).

• Love 1

Something else brewing on social media about RPDR

James Ross, the former drag queen who went by Tyra Sanchez and took home the crown on RuPaul’s Drag Race season two, has one final message for Tyra’s online audience: “Forget me.”EUFasT0WsAAV9WW.jpeg.9a4e7fc21f2e9809e723b66b556cf0be.jpeg

Ross has had a contentious relationship with the Drag Race fandom, which is known to behave horribly to some queens, sometimes going so far as to send racist messages and even threats of violence.

Of course, Ross has often escalated things, telling fans to kill themselves and threatening to attack DragCon, an action that got him banned from the massive event.

Ross posted one (possibly?) last Twitter thread on the topic, saying enough is enough:

James Ross@creatoriv

When will you f****** learn I do what I want, not what you want me to do.

You act as tho this comes from no where. Every morning I wake to your racist hate and I say nothing. I block you and keep moving. Today I have time. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired of white people leaving comments on my page, inboxing me hate every single damn day.

James Ross@creatoriv

And don’t fucking tell me there are more important issues to discuss right now when I’ve been screaming those important issues for the last ten years while you continue to send your racists hate daily.

See James Ross's other Tweets

James Ross@creatoriv

And FYI RuPaul, RuPaul’s Drag Race and World of Wonder have been silent for years about black lives mattering. Don’t for a second think they care about you. It’s simply the trendy thing for them to do at this time. They are racist themselves.

James Ross@creatoriv

You don’t fucking get it. I WANT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR TOXIC COMMUNITY. STOP TAGGING ME IN YOUR POSTS, STOP INCLUDING ME WITH YOUR WINNERS. JUST FORGET ME. DAMN IS THAT SO FUCKING HARD TO DO?

And pinned to Ross’ Twitter profile (all Trya accounts have been deactivated), is this request:

James Ross@creatoriv

Ross, James Ross. You can call me Jay.

You may refer to me as he, him, your majesty or Zaddy

After the DragCon incident, Ross later apologized for his role in the conflict.

(edited)

Calling other people toxic when you fill your 5000th goodbye note with homophobic slurs, threaten to bomb your own community and sell t-shirts depicting you violently assaulting drag queens is pathetic.    And he'll keep posting this shit forever, provoking more hate that he will of course be the victim of. 

Edited by Glade

A drag fan named Annecy (pronouns they/them) has come forward with allegations about the abuse they endured at the hands of Aaron Coady (also known as Sharon Needles from RuPaul's Drag Race, winner of Season 4) from the ages of 15-17. Sharon/Aaron was 31-33 during this time.

You can read Annecy's story here.

Response from Aaron/Sharon Needles here.

Does anyone know if anything has happened to rupaul?  I haven't seen or read anything about her recently and I noticed that ru hasn't tweeted for about 100 days!  One website said she was sick.  Should I worry?

That is a rough read about Sharon, who was always one of my faves. But the one bright spot is how protective Michelle was when she heard about the one incident on the cruise. Michelle is the real deal, y'all.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:23 PM, butchky said:

Does anyone know if anything has happened to rupaul?  I haven't seen or read anything about her recently and I noticed that ru hasn't tweeted for about 100 days!  One website said she was sick.  Should I worry?

The end of S12 reunion was taped just a few weeks ahead of when it went out, I think.  Many of us thought she might've had some work done, given the forgot-how-to-do-my-own-makeup masks, but she seemed as fit as a fiddle.  I don't now enough about what is common on social media to know what to make of her apparent wiping her accounts, but someone suggested it was in solidarity with a movement against Facebook given its alleged complicity with extreme figures in politics.  I hope she is fine, whatever is going on.

'Drag Race' stars to perform drive-in shows across U.S. amid pandemic

The queens — including Lady Bunny, Gigi Goode and Yvie Oddly — are eager to “cure your cabin fever and make you laugh your masks off” from the safety of your car.

Re: RuPaul and social media ... I just went to check the podcast, which I stopped listening to when it became a nonstop product plug (same reason I had to stop listening to Ross Matthews's podcast), but it seems like there hasn't been a new episode since March. They used to come out at least once a week, I think.

Utterly sad. Just last month we also lost Lady Red Couture from Hey Qween! Here’s the episode where Chi Chi was the guest. So surreal that they’re both gone now in a span of a month!

• Love 3