Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

Furthermore, Kody's dream of Flagstaff as a place where the kids and grandkids would flock for visits seems destined to go unfulfilled. The kids instead have flocked to Northern Utah (where Christine, Mykelti, Aspyn, Truely and Paedon live) or to visit NC at Maddie's. Doesn't seem like too much non-filming mandatory visitation is happening chez She-Ra Chateau.

His boys pretty much straight up said, if we have to pick, we pick Christine.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think she was into him because she knew there were also three other women into him, making him more desirable in her eyes.  Now that Christine has bailed, Kody hates Meri, and Janelle is just a "buddy," Robyn has no one to envy her in all her skinniness and VS extra-long leggings and pretending that Kody rilly prefers "curvy girls."  I don't think she ever wanted him unless others wanted him too.  If the Big Three finally decide that Kody is not the prize they all thought he was and he ends up with Robyn forever, I think most of the bloom will come off the rose and Robyn will end up as miserable as the others.

Spot on.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Furthermore, Kody's dream of Flagstaff as a place where the kids and grandkids would flock for visits seems destined to go unfulfilled. The kids instead have flocked to Northern Utah (where Christine, Mykelti, Aspyn, Truely and Paedon live) or to visit NC at Maddie's. Doesn't seem like too much non-filming mandatory visitation is happening chez She-Ra Chateau.

I think Kody thought the family would want to be around him forever. He is desperate to be the patriarchal authority for everyone. When he admits it to himself he must be crushed that most of his children are doing their own thing with little to no thought about how he feels. He has proven himself to be a lousy father and leader so I’m glad most of the family are seeing him more clearly now.

• Like 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I think she was into him because she knew there were also three other women into him, making him more desirable in her eyes.  Now that Christine has bailed, Kody hates Meri, and Janelle is just a "buddy," Robyn has no one to envy her in all her skinniness and VS extra-long leggings and pretending that Kody rilly prefers "curvy girls."  I don't think she ever wanted him unless others wanted him too.  If the Big Three finally decide that Kody is not the prize they all thought he was and he ends up with Robyn forever, I think most of the bloom will come off the rose and Robyn will end up as miserable as the others.

And I think they have already made that decision, in a way.  

• Christine full on left, choosing her kids and her happiness over Kody.  She makes her own money and decisions and doesn't worry about getting emotional scraps.
  • Meri tried to leave but was chasing a catfish, and now finds herself alone.  She hangs around because she misses the days when she was the HBIC.
  • Janelle, is enjoying the grandma life, traveling and spending time with her kids. Kody might take her to dinner here and there, but she seems to spend more quality time with Christine.  Meri is a distant memory.
  • Robyn is stuck with 5 kids, 2 under 10.  She makes do by hiring 'nannies' and buying dust collectors.  She fears a return to the double wide and debt collectors and knows that men are probably less interested in her cookie now that two men have enjoyed it.
Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13

Well if Robyn must return to the life in a double wide, I am sure she will make room for all her precious moments and this glorious pictur

8 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

• Robyn is stuck with 5 kids, 2 under 10.  She makes do by hiring 'nannies' and buying dust collectors.  She fears a return to the double wide and debt collectors and knows that men are probably less interested in her cookie now that two men have enjoyed it.

But she will always have this of the fond memories that once never was

image.png.0324cd5fb05f2eefb740e475180394d7.png

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 20
23 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I think Kody thought the family would want to be around him forever. He is desperate to be the patriarchal authority for everyone. When he admits it to himself he must be crushed that most of his children are doing their own thing with little to no thought about how he feels. He has proven himself to be a lousy father and leader so I’m glad most of the family are seeing him more clearly now.

I'd say it's incredibly naive to think that your kids are going to stick around forever. They go to college meet their future husbands/wives who may come from the other side of the country and don't want to live there or they get job opportunities hundreds of miles away.

And dragging your family from Utah to Nevada to Arizona doesn't help either. Particularly the older kids have no emotional bond with Flagstaff whatsoever so why bother relocating simply because daddy-dearest, who doesn't care anyway, happened to move over there? And only God knows how long he intends to stay this time. I don't think he stayed anywhere longer than 8-10 years at the max.

• Like 14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I don't think he stayed anywhere longer than 8-10 years at the max.

During one discussion Janelle mentioned that she had moved 30 times since she got married, so the ~10 years in LV, 6 years in their own owned home, is the only place that the kids had any attachment to.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

During one discussion Janelle mentioned that she had moved 30 times since she got married, so the ~10 years in LV, 6 years in their own owned home, is the only place that the kids had any attachment to.

Assuming she said that even last year, in the 18 years they were married at that point, that would have been 28 moves in 18 years.  No wonder she seems comfortable having her stuff in cardboard boxes.

Enormous adjustments for the kids with schools and new friends. Maybe that's why Maddie is easily able to toss aside her goals and make new ones.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

The 2nd worst thing this family ever did was leave Las Vegas.  Destroyed whatever was left and scattered them in all directions.

The first worst thing was inviting Robyn into their midst.  A copperhead let loose amongst them couldn't have caused more damage.  😖

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 8/17/2022 at 8:43 AM, LilyD said:

And dragging your family from Utah to Nevada to Arizona doesn't help either. Particularly the older kids have no emotional bond with Flagstaff whatsoever so why bother relocating simply because daddy-dearest, who doesn't care anyway, happened to move over there? And only God knows how long he intends to stay this time. I don't think he stayed anywhere longer than 8-10 years at the max.

Maddie made a comment once that they move a lot.

Parents have all sorts of expectations about their adult children, but given how many children there are, the notion that most would want to stay in AZ is absurd. Statistically most will stay where they grew up (Utah, which has happened), a few will make lives in NV, and a few more will scatter around the country/the globe. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Maddie made a comment once that they move a lot.

Parents have all sorts of expectations about their adult children, but given how many children there are, the notion that most would want to stay in AZ is absurd. Statistically most will stay where they grew up (Utah, which has happened), a few will make lives in NV, and a few more will scatter around the country/the globe. 

I think Kody expected they would all flock to AZ for holidays and other family get-togethers. But it seems like most of those are happening in Northern Utah, which makes sense given how much of the family is there now.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
On 8/16/2022 at 9:48 AM, Ms.Lulu said:

• Christine full on left, choosing her kids and her happiness over Kody.  She makes her own money and decisions and doesn't worry about getting emotional scraps.
  • Meri tried to leave but was chasing a catfish, and now finds herself alone.  She hangs around because she misses the days when she was the HBIC.
  • Janelle, is enjoying the grandma life, traveling and spending time with her kids. Kody might take her to dinner here and there, but she seems to spend more quality time with Christine.  Meri is a distant memory.

I'm feeling sassy tonight. I loathe Robyn more than I hated George on Seinfeld. When I read your excellent post, my bitchy witchy side came shining through and I thought, "That thang's not even a cookie by now, it's the last donut in the box.. The non glazed one".

• LOL 15
15 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I think Kody expected they would all flock to AZ for holidays and other family get-togethers. But it seems like most of those are happening in Northern Utah, which makes sense given how much of the family is there now.

I had this issue with my dad, he like Kody seemed to completely miss the fact that the world doesn't revolve around them. Kids may choose to live in a completely different part of the country which limits possibilities to visit. Also, when kids become adults, they'll inevitably have more commitments than just their own parents. Think of all the in-laws, work, friends and your kids. Especially when they get older and form their own relationships and friendships.

I remember my dad being furious when we accepted an invitation from my mother in law to spend Christmas there years and years back. I won't type what he said exactly but it was something less nice in the line of you're my daughter and I expect you to be home for Christmas! Kody is a bit like that.

• Sad 7
  • Love 6

That’s an interesting question! We always assumed they’d be raised to become polygamists, particularly AuRoaRa and King Sol. But that’s going to be quite difficult now that their parents have rejected the faith and are still pretending they are polygamists by highlighting all that is bad…. 
Hardly encouraging (yay!)

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

One thing that has always bothered me about Robyn is that she had premarital sex with first husband and became pregnant before marriage (no way of knowing if the pregnancy was accidental or planned to marry into the Jessop family--plyg royalty) and then we are expected to believe she was chaste when chasing Kody. The relationship was presented as innocent and chaperoned. Despite the Victoria Secret debt. Despite being caught making out with boyfriend Kody as Christine was giving birth to Truly. 

Everything seemed so deliberate and manufactured. So I have no reason to believe her stories. At least the other wives let us see the frayed edges.

• Applause 3
  • Love 8

From here on out, references to the shape of anyones facial features in an insulting or degrading manner is body shaming and is against site rules. 

“Robochin” is not appropriate. If you have questions please PM the mods @PALLAS and @SCARLETT45.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Robyn and Kody hire the nanny on the down low? In the past anything like that would have been worked out as group, before spending the extra money.

My understanding was that they hired the nanny AND her husband. 

If Robyn is too pretty to cook (or apparently take care of her own kids), maybe Kody's too handsome to look after mundane crap like taking out the garbage, mowing lawns and shoveling driveways.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That makes more sense, lol - but that whole scene was so staged, I cringed.  Robyn needs to get better at reading her lines.  Loved how she was just sittin' there with a pencil and a small lined notebook because she's so busy and creative, y'all.

It beats the weedwhacker!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

If Robyn is too pretty to cook (or apparently take care of her own kids), maybe Kody's too handsome to look after mundane crap like taking out the garbage, mowing lawns and shoveling driveways.

When this series bites the dust...will Sobbyn and Kootie have to get off their lazy butts and, you know, get JOBS?  Good good good.

Kootie spends his time scrunching his hair and waiting on Sobbyn.  Priorities!

• Like 2
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

It beats the weedwhacker!

And I think she might've been wearing that same shiny floral polyester blouse in the very believable weedwacking scene too.

I think it's cute how they keep giving Robyn these little pretend jobs to be working on, as if the cameras are catching her caring for the lawn or writing something important on her Dollar Store notepad when we all know she woke up at noon, had breakfast in bed, did her hair and makeup, and only then were cameras allowed to film after she and Kody practiced their lines and Robyn worked on her dry-cry face in the mirror.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

No, according to Robyn, Janelle and of course BigDaddy Kody, he's so busy, stretched so thin. 

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Robyn and Kody hire the nanny on the down low? In the past anything like that would have been worked out as group, before spending the extra money.

True, but if they had brought any of the wives back in as child carers, they'd be back to square 1 of their polygamous lifestyle. They'd just managed to push the others out as far as possible. 

I suddenly have to think about 2 cuckoo chicks pushing the other chicks out of the nest so that they have everything to themselves! 🤔 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, LilyD said:

True, but if they had brought any of the wives back in as child carers, they'd be back to square 1 of their polygamous lifestyle. They'd just managed to push the others out as far as possible. 

I suddenly have to think about 2 cuckoo chicks pushing the other chicks out of the nest so that they have everything to themselves! 🤔 

I have to wonder if Robyn has some serious health issues that dictate her need for a nanny.

Even if that is the case, with 3 semi-adult kids in the house, is it really necessary hire outside help?  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 9/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, xwordfanatik said:

When this series bites the dust...will Sobbyn and Kootie have to get off their lazy butts and, you know, get JOBS?  Good good good.

Kootie spends his time scrunching his hair and waiting on Sobbyn.  Priorities!

There are always Cameos!!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6

I have to wonder if Robyn has some serious health issues that dictate her need for a nanny.

Even if that is the case, with 3 semi-adult kids in the house, is it really necessary hire outside help?  

Going only by what we've been shown, it looks to me like Robyn has serious issues with organization, disciplining kids, and time management. She can't seem to control Ariella at all, she can't pack in a timely manner or organize the massive amount of stuff in her new house, and she can't get to bed at a decent hour so she can get moving in the morning. But at the same time, she's over-controlling the kids. It has to be a nightmare to watch and live in. 

As much as Kody now hates Christine, I bet there are some comparisons that have been made between how Christine handled a household and how Robyn handles it. While far from perfect, Christine was basically providing full time care for 12 kids at one point. Robyn can't control one preschooler. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4

I've always suspected Robyn has some health issues like maybe a thyroid condition or fibromyalgia or something and they've agreed to never discuss it on the show or in public. If that's true it makes sense that she would need help running the household. 

Or I could be way off, who knows! 

• Like 8
13 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

I've always suspected Robyn has some health issues like maybe a thyroid condition or fibromyalgia or something and they've agreed to never discuss it on the show or in public. If that's true it makes sense that she would need help running the household. 

Or I could be way off, who knows! 

In most households I know of, if mom has a serious health issue the kids are expected to step up to the plate and help out.  There would be no reason I could think of that the 3 older kids could not take on laundry, cooking and cleaning chores.  Even Sol and Ari could pick up after themselves and make their own beds.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

In most households I know of, if mom has a serious health issue the kids are expected to step up to the plate and help out.  There would be no reason I could think of that the 3 older kids could not take on laundry, cooking and cleaning chores.  Even Sol and Ari could pick up after themselves and make their own beds.

Well I can think of a reason. They may want the older kids to focus on their studies and having normal lives rather than having parenting responsibilities unfairly thrust upon them. I'm not staying that's the reason for the Browns, but it's a common philosophy. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

I've always suspected Robyn has some health issues like maybe a thyroid condition or fibromyalgia or something and they've agreed to never discuss it on the show or in public.

If that were true I can only imagine her railing at Kootie to make the other wives pitch in - after all, isn't that the point of polygamy? She always expected to be coddled and cared from the start beginning with the whole "tossing of the bills on the table" moment when she joined the circus.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Canadian Girl said:

Well I can think of a reason. They may want the older kids to focus on their studies and having normal lives rather than having parenting responsibilities unfairly thrust upon them. I'm not staying that's the reason for the Browns, but it's a common philosophy. 

No issues with this.  If you make kids you should provide for them until they are adults. And I ask: What. About. The. Father?  

Since Kody gives 100% of his time to the Robyns, and Dayton, Aurora and Breana are all adults, couldn't he help out with the other 2?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Robyn having a health issue would make sense as to Kody taking covid seriously. But I would think its a minor issue overblown by Kody and Robyn or a health issue the other wives and adult kids don't believe is true, otherwise I would think there would have been more kindness and understanding shown about covid rules/precautions.

Or it could be that Robyn expected to be the peacemaking, wisdom dispensing, head wife while everyone else raised her kids and cleaned her house and when that didn't happen, they hired a nanny. All that thinking and talking makes one tired, doncha know.

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1

Does anyone remember when Robyn was pregnant for the first time with Kody's spawn and the wives went to eat Chinese food and there as a lot of discussion about Robyn having some sort of health issue and not being able to eat the food?  I wonder if she doesn't have something chronic that then brings out the savior complex in Kody?

• Love 1

I was just watching the episode where Kootie is returning from Janelle's Mom's funeral and he admits that he was hugging & kissing people even though he didn't know where they'd been and would have to cancel Christmas (<10 days later) if he tested positive.  So he didn't seem to have been thinking about Robyn's health while away, though I guess he figured he could just isolate at one of the other wives' houses until he tested negative and then stay at Robyn's permanently.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I was just watching the episode where Kootie is returning from Janelle's Mom's wedding and he admits that he was hugging & kissing people even though he didn't know where they'd been and would have to cancel Christmas (<10 days later) if he tested positive.  So he didn't seem to have been thinking about Robyn's health while away, though I guess he figured he could just isolate at one of the other wives' houses until he tested negative and then stay at Robyn's permanently.

I think you meant the Janelle's Mom's funeral. 

• Wink 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Kerrey92 said:

Does anyone remember when Robyn was pregnant for the first time with Kody's spawn and the wives went to eat Chinese food and there as a lot of discussion about Robyn having some sort of health issue and not being able to eat the food?  I wonder if she doesn't have something chronic that then brings out the savior complex in Kody?

Ha! That was “The Wives Diet Woes” and they were at an Asian all you can eat restaurant. I’ll never forget the scene where Robyn is eating noodles. 😅

• Wink 2
  • LOL 4
On 9/9/2022 at 7:54 PM, Canadian Girl said:

You absolutely have a good point there,  Unfortunately,  I know exactly what you mean and I vowed that my kids would never have to go through this like me. But in the Robyn Brown household, I see something totally different:

Like most,  it baffles me that they needed a nanny and her husband to help them. This is a household that consists of 4 adults. FOUR! and an older teenager (Breanna). Even if one of them indeed suffers from a (chronic) disease, that still leaves 3 adults and one older teenager that can chip in.  If the kids look after their own bedrooms and do 1 simple chore a day, a lot will have been done by the end of the week. That's not the same as taking over parental responsibilities. What is left can easily be done by Robyn and Kody. The entire family can lend a hand around dinner time with setting and clearing the table, even the little ones. And they are old enough to go to a nursery or school. (of course they were closed during the pandemic but with everybody home that should not have been an issue)

I'm a mom with young kids (the oldest is 12) and as they get older I do teach them the basic chores and they will be asked to help occasionally. Not because they have to help me, but because I want them to know how to do it and realise these things are a normal part of life.  In my philosophy, it's responsibility as a parent to prepare them for the time when they move out. And that includes knowing how to look after yourself and your home.

Edited by LilyD
slightly shortened post...
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 12

As my mother would say you live here, too, and maid service is not included in the plan.  If they lived in the dorm or their own place, they'd have to do the upkeep there.  They were basically stuck in the house so should have had plenty of time to do a couple chores a day.  I think we're back to Robyn infantalizes the kids and has little no organizational abilities.  

• Like 3
  • Love 7
On 9/11/2022 at 12:45 PM, deirdra said:

I was just watching the episode where Kootie is returning from Janelle's Mom's funeral and he admits that he was hugging & kissing people even though he didn't know where they'd been and would have to cancel Christmas (<10 days later) if he tested positive.  So he didn't seem to have been thinking about Robyn's health while away, though I guess he figured he could just isolate at one of the other wives' houses until he tested negative and then stay at Robyn's permanently.

All this talk of Kootie and his love of hugging and kissing brought back this image from the dark recesses of my brain! 😖

5F714F8A-6B43-474C-B3D1-BEBD035D3927.jpeg

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
36 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

All this talk of Kootie and his love of hugging and kissing brought back this image from the dark recesses of my brain! 😖

5F714F8A-6B43-474C-B3D1-BEBD035D3927.jpeg

Wow....  Is that Kooties mother?

My husband is italian and he's big on public displays of affection, he always hugs and kisses his parents and grandparents but not like that 😮

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1

I grew up doing chores and my kids did chores as well. I also see nothing wrong with a teen/adult child occasionally babysitting a sibling or occupying a sibling while a parent goes out or gets something done in the home. That is not even close to parentifying a child.

Sol was 8 and Ari was 4 at the onset of the pandemic - plenty old enough to pitch in too. 

The older kids were certainly old enough to manage online learning themselves and Sol should have been able to manage it too, with some oversight.

Come summer, when Robyn's clan was still isolating, I have the same question as Christine and the many posters here - what the hell was everyone doing that they needed a nanny?

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Another thought about Robyn possibly having an illness:

She was quick to point out that both she and Sol belonged to the vulnerable people that needed full on protection and isolation during the pandemic. She'd had pneumonia as a child after all and Sol had (the very common) RS virus as a young child. Robyn seems to like anything that makes her a victim or someone to feel sorry for. So, if she really had a (chronic) disease, we would have known.  Robyn would have finally had a chance to show us how horribly unfair our judgements about her were after all. 

I will have to admit that there is a chance she doesn't feel well and doesn't know what's wrong with her. This may be why she isn't drawing attention to it, because would probably call her an idiot for not going to the doctor. The Browns are famously uninsured and only seem to use health care in extremely serious or life threatening situations...

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Meri was completely alone the first year of the pandemic. She agreed to, and said she was following the Kovidy Rules. Robyn "felt so bad for lonely Meri", yet never once invited her over or allowed any of the kids to stay with Meri. Meri is foolish to think Robyn wants her around for any other reason to use her.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6