Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh you all, stop ... those blocks are not made of rice crispy treats! Lol they are not croutons, either. I don't know what they are. They actually look like a tiny version of those pressed sawdust bricks you can put in the fireplace. But those are hard as a rock. No way can you stick a toothpick in one of those things.

Lots of people have asked Robyn what the blocks are made of but she has not responded yet. I can't find anything that looks like them on Amazon. Hell, maybe they are rice crispy treats. Who knows!

Actually...I went back and took a good look and they are most likely painted pieces of Styrofoam.  The base is plain styrofoam, and the blocks look painted. 

• Love 1

Literally created an account just to answer the question about the grade Solomon is in! My son was born in 2011 and we are in the Clark County school district.

Sol is in Kindergarten, about to be finishing up and heading to first grade after summer break. My son was born the same year as Sol, 2011, but in February so he's 8 months older than Solomon and in the first grade, about to be done and going to 2nd grade after the summer.

The poster above was correct, a child must attain the age of 5 years old on or before September 30th to enroll in Kindergarten per CCSD.

So, my daughter who is 4 but won't turn 5 until the end of November this year, will miss the cut-off for Kindergarten by two months and won't start until next year when she's almost 6. If Sol was born one month sooner, he would be in the first grade like my son is currently. Since he was born in October, he missed the cut-off by a month and had to wait to enroll until the following year. Hope this helps! :)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I wonder if Genielle was just visiting or if yet another grandma has moved into the cult-de-sac.  Seems to be the plyg wife version of a retirement plan.

I think Genielle is living there, I seem to recall when they were discussing bedroom assignments when Caleb & Maddie were moving in it slipped out then...Janelle said something about her mother's room, but it's never been dealt with in the story line.  

@Sandy W I think you're thinking of Sheryl, Janelle's mom.  Genielle is Kody's mom but both she and Sheryl were married to Kody's dad, so there's plenty of room for confusion!  With Annie and Sheryl already in the cult-de-sac, Genielle would be grandma #3 to move in (of course with Bonnie on location at the B&B).

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

@Sandy W I think you're thinking of Sheryl, Janelle's mom.  Genielle is Kody's mom but both she and Sheryl were married to Kody's dad, so there's plenty of room for confusion!  With Annie and Sheryl already in the cult-de-sac, Genielle would be grandma #3 to move in (of course with Bonnie on location at the B&B).

Oh you're right LILWHARVEYGAL, I was confused with Wynn's wives.  I guess Sheryl and Genielle didn't want to live together after Wynn passed.  Wasn't there another wife too...one who was camera shy?

• Love 2

ZOMG, @MrSmith, I'm reliving some major preschool trauma over here!  For whatever reason, the Mac Tonight commercials always sent me screaming from the room (not sure what that says about Robyn :)), and I haven't even thought of him in decades.  Aah, being a kid is funny.

12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Oh you're right LILWHARVEYGAL, I was confused with Wynn's wives.  I guess Sheryl and Genielle didn't want to live together after Wynn passed.  Wasn't there another wife too...one who was camera shy?

Yes, I believe Wynn hit the 3 wife requirement and should be chilling on his own celestial planet now, but I don't recall seeing wife #3 on air beyond maybe the briefest of introductions.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

ZOMG, @MrSmith, I'm reliving some major preschool trauma over here!  For whatever reason, the Mac Tonight commercials always sent me screaming from the room (not sure what that says about Robyn :)), and I haven't even thought of him in decades.  Aah, being a kid is funny.

I vividly remember those commercials! They did a "Weird Al"* on me: now my brain refuses to accept "Mack the Knife" as a song. It immediately converts to "it's a good time... for that great taste... dinner! at McDonald's... Big Mac toniiiiiite!" Why God Why is this in my brain where another language or trigonometry could be?! 

*"Beat It" is now "Eat It", "Bad" is "Fat", "Gangster's Paradise" is "Amish Paradise", etc. The parody has a stronger hold on my memory than the original.

On topic: Robyn is the poster child for Moon Face. If anyone ever wonders what that phrase means, all they need to see are Robyn Brown and the Big Mac moon guy and it will all be clear.

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, jennblevins said:

You make a good point about the “like this”. The ones I was thinking of (also in the Stone Age) were more like “cook dinner for your family” at a young enough age that people would object if the parents weren’t involved, for potential safety reasons.

Stuff like building castles out of sugar cubes (or whatever those are) were still meant to be done ourselves. 

I built the Arch de Triomphe out of sugar cubes in 5th grade, in 1960. By myself, because that's what was expected and because my parents weren't into that shit.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, suomi said:

I built the Arch de Triomphe out of sugar cubes in 5th grade, in 1960. By myself, because that's what was expected and because my parents weren't into that shit.

The important question is: Did you use water to "cement" all those sugar cubes together? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Wow, Robyn spent the wee hours of Easter Sunday actually interacting with "haters" on Twitter:

"You obviously don't understand our family.  Meri is very much apart of our family and we love her.  What you watched WAS just a real but tough time.  We are all over it now.  You don't get that the legal marriage means very little to any of us.  Just a piece of paper.  Just stop."

1. Heh.  Who wants to explain the difference between "apart" and "a part" to Robyn?  

2. If "we are all over it now," then I assume we'll never need to see Therapist Nancy or hear the word "platonic" again on the show, right?  Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

3.  Legal marriage is just a piece of paper that was valuable enough for Kody and Robyn to celebrate with a Hawaiian honeymoon.  If that's how they treat something that means very little, I'd love to see what they do for something that means a whole lot.

She should have gone back to bed rather than acting like an April Fool.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, lma said:

How much you wanna bet that’s the first time all 5 have been together for any longer than 2 hours?

And it's a "safe space" because for the whole 2 hours they don't have to look at each other or talk.  Bet they all drove in separate cars....

• Love 18
15 hours ago, lma said:

I guess photos like this are to prove that they really do like each other. How much you wanna bet that’s the first time all 5 have been together for any longer than 2 hours?

Plus, note that Meri is, once again, on the periphery. I have yet to see her sitting in between any of the wives since The Scandal. And God forbid she gets anywhere near Kody.

• Love 6
On 3/11/2018 at 6:38 PM, Sandy W said:

That clumpy mascara, YUK!

I noticed that, too. It's actually a trend--2 years ago I had eyelashes done in salon and was horrified at the result (tarantula legs, anyone?)--turns out, it's been around. Google "clumpy mascara trend". Yeah, let's look like a complete mess trend. 

16 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I noticed that, too. It's actually a trend--2 years ago I had eyelashes done in salon and was horrified at the result (tarantula legs, anyone?)--turns out, it's been around. Google "clumpy mascara trend". Yeah, let's look like a complete mess trend. 

I Goggled, what a joke, did you notice the one with faux nose hair?

I think in Robyn's case, it's less a matter of being on trend, but her misconception that more is more.  Maybe it's her that is advising Meri on eyebrow grooming, a cruel joke on Meri or a peek at what we can expect depicted in Vogue and Glamour this Spring?

17 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That’s actually a pretty nice paragraph about Breanna. Specific and nothing seems like a backhanded compliment. 

Yes- specific information about the child!  Compare that to any Duggar birthday post, which are all basically the same and struggle to state anything individual about the kid.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, prunieprune said:

Compare that to any Duggar birthday post, which are all basically the same and struggle to state anything individual about the kid.  

Well since Stepford children all look and act alike, that's not a surprise.

• Love 4

If I were Robyn I would not be putting my kids out there like that on Instagram or any other social media.  What she said about her was very nice...and should have been written down in a nice letter or card and given to her privately.   Just my opinion.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Phronsie said:

If I were Robyn I would not be putting my kids out there like that on Instagram or any other social media.  What she said about her was very nice...and should have been written down in a nice letter or card and given to her privately.   Just my opinion.

They're already on TV though, so I guess she thinks it's one and the same.

• Love 2
On 4/11/2018 at 5:46 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

She looks like she might have a goiter on her neck.  

That's called a "chin". I know it's huge and appearances can be deceiving, but that's definitely her chin! :D :D :D

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

That's called a "chin". I know it's huge and appearances can be deceiving, but that's definitely her chin! :D :D :D

Take a look in the throat area, just below the "pleat" in her neck.  

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but that swelling looks like a thyroid issue.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Take a look in the throat area, just below the "pleat" in her neck.  

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but that swelling looks like a thyroid issue.

You make a good point. I hope you got a laugh from my post, though, as that was the whole point of it! LOL.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

You make a good point. I hope you got a laugh from my post, though, as that was the whole point of it! LOL.

Your sardonic wit is seldom lost on me, I thoroughly enjoy your posts!  :-)

• Love 3

Just saw on Reddit that more recent photos of mystery man - Robyn's ex - have been found. 

Two mug shots from a very brief stay at the county jail this January for misdemeanor non-aggressive assault. No ball was set and he was only there for a few nights.

I'm saying that because I don't think spending a few nights in jail for a misdemeanor doesn't make him a felon or a bad person.  I know the first conclusion that people will jump to is that this means he's an awful person and in the us we're innocent unless otherwise proven.

Edited by DakotaJustice
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Just saw on Reddit that more recent photos of mystery man - Robyn's ex - have been found. 

Two mug shots from a very brief stay at the county jail this January for misdemeanor non-aggressive assault. No ball was set and he was only there for a few nights.

I'm saying that because I don't think spending a few nights in jail for a misdemeanor doesn't make him a felon or a bad person.  I know the first conclusion that people will jump to is that this means he's an awful person and in the us we're innocent unless otherwise proven.

He was booked under Montana's '"Family or Partner Assault" statute.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, suomi said:

He was booked under Montana's '"Family or Partner Assault" statute.

I'm not versed on the statutes or what they include, but I don't think one can take this single instance and extrapolate it to mean that he's this terrible awful person that Robyn escaped.  But I guess that's what's going to happen, although it seems to me that his kids enjoyed spending a few weeks with him after the faux adoption.  I kind of feel bad for him because he's always done his best to stay out of the spotlight and now it's going to be a huge deal.

• Love 1

The guy doesn't have to be on America's Most Wanted to still be a jerk. He may not be the most horrible person in the world, but he doesn't sound like anyone I'd want my family or loved ones associated with. And I'm certainly not going to bend over backwards to make excuses and be open-minded about him just because he's Robyn's ex. 

• Love 6
On 4/13/2018 at 7:52 PM, DakotaJustice said:

If Kody, Caleb, or Tony were in this situation, people would be having a field day raking them over the coals.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

And I'm certainly not going to bend over backwards to make excuses and be open-minded about him just because he's Robyn's ex. 

Haven't noticed that happening, have I missed something?

• Love 1
On 2/13/2018 at 10:29 AM, DakotaJustice said:

They "released" this back when they did the commitment ceremony, what 4 years ago? They must have tons left and are trying to rid themselves of the inventory.

When I read this, I misread it as "trying to rid themselves of the memory." 

Probably both. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

The guy doesn't have to be on America's Most Wanted to still be a jerk. He may not be the most horrible person in the world, but he doesn't sound like anyone I'd want my family or loved ones associated with. And I'm certainly not going to bend over backwards to make excuses and be open-minded about him just because he's Robyn's ex. 

Not because he's Robyn's ex, but because he's been a private person all along and never asked to be part of this. 

Spending a couple of nights in county jail doesn't make someone a bad person. I keep an open mind because I don't know the details of what happened.  But that's just me. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Not because he's Robyn's ex, but because he's been a private person all along and never asked to be part of this. 

Spending a couple of nights in county jail doesn't make someone a bad person. I keep an open mind because I don't know the details of what happened.  But that's just me. 

I agree that people deserve the benefit of the doubt if all the facts aren't known. I think the issue that I have sometimes is that many people speculate wildly about the Browns when the facts are not known, and others feed off of that and we have wild accusations flying around that basically sprang from someone's imagination and/or supposition. And yes, I get that the Browns willingly put themselves out there and opened themselves up to scrutiny. And Robyn's ex has avoided the limelight. But, if one does not want to have their behavior put on display for the world to see, then perhaps one ought to avoid doing anything that would lead to getting arrested and thrown in jail. 

• Love 6