Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I think it is kind of funny that they all loved the lot at the end of Coyote Pass that had the hill and all the trees - remember the discussion about how one wife couldn't have all the trees and they could share the trees.  When it came time to buy, that was the lot that Christine got.  Now Robyn has bought a house that is the same area/topography as that lot. Poor Janelle still gets nothing. Meri probably can't wait to end the Arizona charade and doesn't care.

Janelle gets nothing because that's what she's always settled for, all her life. 

She'll never, ever, EVER stand up for herself. All she's ever done on the show is be a doormat. The only time she's remotely gone out of the box was during the time she was training with Sean, but he really had to light a firecracker under her ass. If it wasn't for the TV exposure he probably would've just fired her a month or two in. 

I'm thinking of the episode where they were at the climbing gym and she was on what appeared to be a 5.3 route (aka a baby route) and she just freaked out like a complete wuss when she was 5 feet up. 😳

She really has zero personality or charisma. I really think she was happiest before the show, spending most of her time pushing papers in an office job. The fact that she is so devoid of anything (even her facial features are washed out unless she slathers on the makeup) is why it's so puzzling that she's tried her hand at avocations that require tons of both - real estate agent (we've heard firsthand from @toodles about her lack of pizzazz), Strife business owner (cynical jinx blogged about encountering a completely passive Janelle at a health fair in Arizona - will have to find that link) and "life coach" or Whatever the Eff she thinks she is (I'm currently listening to one of my favorite podcasts, Done Being Single (plug) and Treva Scharf is what Janelle can never, ever be).

Found the link! 

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2017/04/cynical-jinx-attends-az-womens-expo.html

ETA just realized I posted this Janelle rant on the Robyn thread 😯

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

DGIH, WHERE are these slapnuts finding this kind of money?  Of course, Queenie must have the biggest and most expensive house.  After all, she had to give up her 7,000 square foot abode.  Almost a million dollars and that's doable?  How?

These wacky kids.  Who cares that you have a shit ton of kids under 18 that will require schooling and a wedding equal to their sibs?  Who cares that you most likely don't have health insurance (as you head into your 50's), a sound retirement plan, contributions to social security, and other adulting type things?  Isn't it sweet of your other wives, who have been loyal to you for over 20 years, don't get as nice of digs as the new wife?  I am surprised Janelle and Christine aren't scouring those woods for a place to hide the bodies.  It will be an enjoyable show when these chucklefucks lose it all.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

These wacky kids.  Who cares that you have a shit ton of kids under 18 that will require schooling and a wedding equal to their sibs?  Who cares that you most likely don't have health insurance (as you head into your 50's), a sound retirement plan, contributions to social security, and other adulting type things?  Isn't it sweet of your other wives, who have been loyal to you for over 20 years, don't get as nice of digs as the new wife?  I am surprised Janelle and Christine aren't scouring those woods for a place to hide the bodies.  It will be an enjoyable show when these chucklefucks lose it all.

You are so right, @Natalie68!  Sometimes I think I would have a happier life by being, "who gives a rat's ass, I'm going to live it up and max out my credit cards and shop for whatever I want."  I still think, knowing myself, that I would fill badly for ultimately leaving my excess expenditures for other hard-working people to pay.  The Brown family seems to be lacking in a sense of responsibility for one's own support, barring disabilities and the like.  Being persecuted (!) and all that BS.  This COL can't plug into that mindset.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And it isn't surrounded by flammable trees, which I thought Robyn found scary.

My guess is she really likes being on the hillside and loves being surrounded by the trees for a little privacy.  Plus the other one looked like it was a larger piece of land that needed to be mowed.  

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My guess is she really likes being on the hillside and loves being surrounded by the trees for a little privacy.  Plus the other one looked like it was a larger piece of land that needed to be mowed.  

Well Christine was in love, love, love with her snowblower, maybe she would have been delighted to come over and mow Robyn's lawn.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

ETA just realized I posted this Janelle rant on the Robyn thread 😯

Meh, they're all one happy family, right? 🙄 

Thank you for the cynicaljinx link. She is one of us--I love her posts. 

• Love 7
On 9/9/2019 at 5:34 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Check out that walk in closet with a door straight into the forest.... Weird.

Yeah, I agree. I don't like the style and paint colours but that's all cosmetic and can eventually be changed. But am I the only one who thought all the rooms were strange--as in, they all are misshapen? It just seems like there is no anchor point in any room. 

• Love 5

I don't like either house so there is that.  I think I might prefer living in house 1 to house 2.  I think the changes to make it tolerable to me would be easier, but I still would rather something different.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, neh said:

That is a lovely house. I hope the Browns bought the furniture. I can't see their stuff looking quite as good.

At least Janelle's ratty old recliner won't be part of the decor.

I can picture Queenie demanding new furniture for her too-many-diaper-blowout old stuff. It's astonishing the money these clowns spend.  Almost a million bucks for one house for one wife?  What must their monthly bills amount to?  No wonder Janelle eats herself into oblivion, if in fact she's still the fambly bookkeeper.  Gah.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Yeah, I agree. I don't like the style and paint colours but that's all cosmetic and can eventually be changed. But am I the only one who thought all the rooms were strange--as in, they all are misshapen? It just seems like there is no anchor point in any room. 

Yes exactly!

I wonder if it was a design someone thought up in their own head and then had blueprints drawn up.

The feature wall with fireplace and the 2 huge totem pole logs is horrendous 😲

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

So I am confused, we all know that Plyg Palace was.never.gonna.happen. But now they are buying houses which I assume are not close to each other. What happened to Prairie Plague? Are they selling the land ? Why didn't they build ? Did Kody not do his research in what the actual costs would be, especially for utilities, water, septic ? Was their realtor forth coming with estimated costs to do that ? Where are they getting this money?  Another ploy by Robyn to hijack Kody at her compound for days when a blizzard comes ?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Did Kody not do his research in what the actual costs would be, especially for utilities, water, septic ?

Of your list of questions, I am betting on this one.  He is dumb as a rock and probably just assumed he could roll it all into a mortgage like they did for everything from appliances to blinds in the LV houses.  Moron.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yes exactly!

I wonder if it was a design someone thought up in their own head and then had blueprints drawn up.

The feature wall with fireplace and the 2 huge totem pole logs is horrendous 😲

So I see the House was built in 2007 because I thought it had to be one of those bizarre experimental 1970s architectural monstrosities.  I actually zoomed in that pic of the feature wall because I was all WTF are those pillar things? It might (that's a big 'might') have been better if the whole wall was symmetrical, but one pillar is imbedded in the wall and the other is free standing.

Who is going to clean that huge house? The dust has to be incredible. That is a HUGE deck and I can personally attest to the annual upkeep of wooden decks; they have to be stained and/or sealed each year or the wood breaks down from the inside out. I  know some people love their decks and they are nice, but the upkeep isn't worth it to me. In our last house at least half of a very large yard was a multilevel deck and I ripped it out, created a small deck with composite material, laid down sod, and created a vegetable garden. I loved that back yard but we had to move. 😔  My house now, which we've had for twelve years with no plans to ever move again, has a decent size deck and it is quite a bit of work to maintain properly. My husband had to do some massive structural repairs a few years ago because of prior owners' neglect. I'd take a slab of concrete I can sweep and hose off any day.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining or ungrateful for what I have, because I really love our home and it's location, surrounded by a lot of space, trees, and wildlife, in the Colorado foothills. I have a view of the mountains from my family room and the deck. My point is, though, that the Browns don't seem like the type that will be brushing and rolling on sealants every spring. They seem to be ignorant or plain just don't give a damn about really important things. That house will be an incredible amount of work between cleaning, deck maintenance, keeping those windows clean, cutting the trees closest to the house down (I find it hard to believe that the inspection didn't mention this and many places won't lend the money until something like that is fixed), the furnishings will be an astronomical expense, heating/electric/water expenses will be high, there are bugs and termite infestation possibilities in that locale, the larger wildlife (bears, mountain lions) with which they may encounter, and on and on. Like the Prairie Plague Plots--how did it not occur to them the phenomenal costs of getting water and power out there even before any constructural work could proceed? 

That walk in closet is large, but as you pointed out, what's with the door exiting to the outside? I guess it might be because of fire codes and needing so many exits. But honestly, a walk in and out closet is in perfect keeping of that strangely built home bought by the strangely built Browns. The land and views are lovely, though. 

• Love 8

It almost looks ( cant be 100% certain ) that it does have some reverse living going on, meaning some of the bedrooms must be on the ground level, so perfect escape route for Aurora borealis, Dayun and whatever the other one is named - the prodigal children post victoria's secret bill must get the upper level    

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So I am confused, we all know that Plyg Palace was.never.gonna.happen. But now they are buying houses which I assume are not close to each other. What happened to Prairie Plague? Are they selling the land ? Why didn't they build ? Did Kody not do his research in what the actual costs would be, especially for utilities, water, septic ? Was their realtor forth coming with estimated costs to do that ? Where are they getting this money?  Another ploy by Robyn to hijack Kody at her compound for days when a blizzard comes ?

The two purchased homes are in the same neighborhood which is also where the “praire plague” land was purchased. If Robin’s new home is not adjacent to the land purchased, then it is very close to it. Meri and Janelle’s original rentals are in the same half of town as the rest but not close by. 

No idea where the $$ is coming from, but they obviously have it or access to it! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, New2this said:

The two purchased homes are in the same neighborhood which is also where the “praire plague” land was purchased. If Robin’s new home is not adjacent to the land purchased, then it is very close to it. Meri and Janelle’s original rentals are in the same half of town as the rest but not close by. 

No idea where the $$ is coming from, but they obviously have it or access to it! 

Just read the particulars of the house.  4 acres of land, 5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms, massive kitchen and living room. Outdoor living, expansive front deck off living, dining and master bedroom. Entire home has been professionally decorated.  All furnishings except one mirror is available for purchase.  Move in ready.  That might be why there are moving trucks sitting on the land.  She didn't need any furniture.  Either that or they are waiting for it to be moved out.  I would spring for the furniture, it looks great compared to what she owns.  I think I would be highly upset if I were one of the other wives.  Much nicer than even Christine's.    Watch Meri buy the nicest one.

Does anyone else think that cutout in the family/living area looks like an old milk bottle laying on its side?

• LOL 7
19 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

That walk in closet is large, but as you pointed out, what's with the door exiting to the outside? I guess it might be because of fire codes and needing so many exits. But honestly, a walk in and out closet is in perfect keeping of that strangely built home bought by the strangely built Browns. 

The wire racks look cheap, not the custom California Closet I'd expect in a $900K home.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Just read the particulars of the house.  4 acres of land, 5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms, massive kitchen and living room. Outdoor living, expansive front deck off living, dining and master bedroom. Entire home has been professionally decorated.  All furnishings except one mirror is available for purchase.  Move in ready.  That might be why there are moving trucks sitting on the land.  She didn't need any furniture.  Either that or they are waiting for it to be moved out.  I would spring for the furniture, it looks great compared to what she owns.  I think I would be highly upset if I were one of the other wives.  Much nicer than even Christine's.    Watch Meri buy the nicest one.

Does anyone else think that cutout in the family/living area looks like an old milk bottle laying on its side?

Robyn gets a big nice house because that is where the favorite children live--and in my opinion, Kody most of the time. Because really, how much time do we think he spends at Janelle's or Meri's? Christine, I'd bet occasionally when it suits him and when Robyn lets him.

• LOL 4
22 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Well, that's inconvenient.  Mirrors are Kody's favorite.

Maybe it's the magic mirror from the Shrek movie. 

10 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Robyn gets a big nice house because that is where the favorite children live--and in my opinion, Kody most of the time. Because really, how much time do we think he spends at Janelle's or Meri's? Christine, I'd bet occasionally when it suits him and when Robyn lets him.

Janelle will be in a one-bedroom apartment pretty soon, I think.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

The wire racks look cheap, not the custom California Closet I'd expect in a $900K home.

I thought so, too. I don't by any means live in a mansion, but even my closet has built in shelving that is attractive and functional. It seems like a lot of the fixtures are basic (purple countertops, anyone?). They're fortunate to have the option to buy the furniture, I suppose. At my ripe old age of forty, I'm at the point where I'm so grateful we bought modestly when it comes to our home. My kids are teens now and soon will be off being awesome adults in the world and it'll just be Mr Wolf and I. The more space I have, the easier it is to fill it, and I'm not into clutter. Good luck with that huge house, Robyn. 

• Love 7

Now that the Uhaul trucks thing is out there, I’ll add that they’ve been there for several weeks. I was in that area around 8/20 and saw them then. I knew it was around the Brown property but didn’t think much of it. Does that line up with when Robin’s lease ran out? Would make some sense (maybe?) to just store stuff in them if you knew you would be moving into a nearby house shortly after. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, New2this said:

Now that the Uhaul trucks thing is out there, I’ll add that they’ve been there for several weeks. I was in that area around 8/20 and saw them then. I knew it was around the Brown property but didn’t think much of it. Does that line up with when Robin’s lease ran out? Would make some sense (maybe?) to just store stuff in them if you knew you would be moving into a nearby house shortly after. 

That thought occurred to me too.  Suppose she had to vacate the rental property around the middle of August and couldn't take possession of the new purchase until September 1st, it may have been more practical to load the furnishings into vans once rather than load into a storage locker.  It would only save time and man hours though, as the cost of renting several moving vans for that period of time would be more than renting a storage locker I would think.  What stymies me is where did they lay their weary heads while they were more or less homeless...Meri's place?  She's been on the road the past few weeks, so maybe there.          And just how much stuff does Robyn have that would require several large vans?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Except for the one who was making pocket money selling candid pix to Radar.

what kind of pictures?  I checked Radar online and I don't see any when I search on Sister Wives.  I've been waiting for some kind of gossip to come out of Flagstaff and the first I've seen is this news about the Uhauls at the Coyote Pass lot.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

what kind of pictures?  I checked Radar online and I don't see any when I search on Sister Wives.  I've been waiting for some kind of gossip to come out of Flagstaff and the first I've seen is this news about the Uhauls at the Coyote Pass lot.  

There were some of Janelle waiting in her car at the farmers' market, and appeared to wait for ~1 hr but nobody showed up. So she ate some icecream and had some lemonade and left.  I think it was on either Mother's Day or Father's Day and Janelle was all alone (for an hour).

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
On 9/9/2019 at 7:26 PM, lettsjetts said:

That house is so ugly on the outside.  If I paid that much for a house I'd want it to at least not look like one of those Walmart City Market type stores one sees in urban areas. ☹

However,  that turret of bay-windows on one side reminds me of Robyn's own boxy head and strong chin-line, so I guess it found its rightful owner. 🤔

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 9/13/2019 at 12:43 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I was thinking some sort of canoe paddle, but your idea is better.  Also, did anyone catch all of the verbiage in the decor?  What is it with this family having to have maxims and inane babble in every sightline?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

That house is so ugly on the outside.  If I paid that much for a house I'd want it to at least not look like one of those Walmart City Market type stores one sees in urban areas. ☹

However,  that turret of bay-windows on one side reminds me of Robyn's own boxy head and strong chin-line, so I guess it found its rightful owner. 🤔

It reminds me of the homes along the PCH in Malibu.  From the road, they look tiny.  What you don’t see is the multiple floors in the back.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Sponge Robyn Square Head.

Can you tell I can't stand her?  Yeah. 🤮

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

New person to the thread there! I've loved lurking on the comments and decided to join in the chat! I mostly have a question regarding Robyn and her absence. She hasn't been on social media since April. Her website has been down for months I say HER website because it seems like everyone else has given up on it. Maybe she "runs" it and the other wives had to come up with other income while queenie takes a long pregnancy break?  It all just seems weird to me. If I had to guess, especially with her recent home purchase it would be that she's pregnant. Maybe they don't want to take the spotlight away from Maddie? Maybe they're keeping things under wraps for the new season? They're hiding something for sure... but I just don't see how it couldn't have slipped yet (either a leaked pic or someone seeing something) . She surely would be showing by now. 🙄

• Love 11