Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

I remember someone on here making Christine's rolls a few years back ... and they weren't done inside, and cooking them longer turned them into dried out hockey pucks.  Perhaps Kootie and others like their rolls gooey and yeasty (and tummy troubling).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I remember someone on here making Christine's rolls a few years back ... and they weren't done inside, and cooking them longer turned them into dried out hockey pucks.

Good to know that our doubts are realistic.  I love a wonderful yeasty roll but no way I am trying hers.  

FYI, for a great yeasty roll when you don't have time, you can't go wrong with Sister Schuberts.  Not sure if they are available everywhere but my sister introduced me to them and I am hooked. SO convenient, toss them in the oven frozen.  Delish.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

I just saw the omelette and Pfannkuchen episode. And both things are a nice idea. In Germany we bake the Pfannkuchen in the pan so that it takes forever to bake the whole dough. So baking it on a tray seems interesting. And putting grilled vegetables extra on the omelett instead of putting it into the "egg-dough" looked really good. First time something she cooked really was interesting looking. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
On 3/23/2022 at 9:17 PM, deirdra said:

I remember someone on here making Christine's rolls a few years back ... and they weren't done inside, and cooking them longer turned them into dried out hockey pucks.  Perhaps Kootie and others like their rolls gooey and yeasty (and tummy troubling).

I haven’t seen this specific recipe but there is a huge difference in ovens performance-wise. Bottom-line is: use the setting (e.g. fan or top/bottom heating) from the recipe but know your own oven when it comes to temperatures. I usually set mine just a little lower than recommended in the recipe. If I don’t do that, the outside will be perfect but the inside won’t, just like Deirdra described.

The same goes for microwave settings by the way. If I use the advised settingson a meal like 900watts for 5 minutes for instance, it will turn into a gooey melted substance that’s completely unedible! 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

Bottom-line is: use the setting (e.g. fan or top/bottom heating) from the recipe but know your own oven when it comes to temperatures.

We do have fan (convection) in the US but I don't believe we have top/bottom heating at least that I have ever heard of.   Maybe in commercial ovens.

My concern is that how quickly an oven heats up is so variable.  An older oven may not even reach 400 or (whatever she said) in the allotted baking time. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

We do have fan (convection) in the US but I don't believe we have top/bottom heating at least that I have ever heard of.   Maybe in commercial ovens.

My concern is that how quickly an oven heats up is so variable.  An older oven may not even reach 400 or (whatever she said) in the allotted baking time. 

American ovens have top and bottom heating elements.  When we use the top heating element it is usually for broiling but it can be used for generally oven cooking as well (it's not done often and usually only for specialized instances).

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Useful 5
25 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

When we use the top heating element it is usually for broiling but it can be used for generally oven cooking as well (it's not done often and usually only for specialized instances).

I guess I never considered the broiler a baking option!

• Love 5

Altitude has a lot to do with cooking and baking, also.  You need to add extra time if you are over (I think) 3000 feet.  I live at 4700 feet, and I know I cannot bake my gluten-free bread.  I just cannot figure out the adjustment for the yeast, water and temperature.  I finally gave up trying.  Since water boils at a lower temperature here, food does not have the time it needs to cook through unless you add some time.  I read you need to add about 10%.  Surprising to me, this applies to Instant Pot cooking, also.  Luckily, I don't cook anything special or bake too often, so I can usually get food cooked.  But a "universal" cooking time in a recipe does not exist, as far as I have learned.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Mine has top, bottom, and both settings.  Honestly I rarely select anything except basic bake.  Top bake is different than broil.  The element goes off and on depending on the temperature I select.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 6
57 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Wonder what happened to Cooking with just Christine? 

I don't think it was ever intended as an ongoing series.  TLC may have been testing the waters on their Facebook site to see what kind of reception the program received.

However long it was, it was enough to get under Meri's skin.  Mission accomplished.🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Wonder what happened to Cooking with just Christine? 

The recipes were mediocre at best, horrible at worst.  And it was not compelling viewing, at least to me.  I watched two, never again. 

Strictly amateur hour.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

The recipes were mediocre at best, horrible at worst.  And it was not compelling viewing, at least to me.  I watched two, never again. 

Strictly amateur hour.

It was amateur and the few I watched I didn't see through to the end.  It did give Christine a much needed self-esteem booster though and she really needed that. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Agree, not great recipes but the boost to Christine's moral was certainly worth it. And it bit Meri in the butt which was even more worth it!!

This. I love watching any narcissistic braggart get passed over and slighted, their reactions are predictable and pure gold to watch.

”I’ve been doing this for a year why does SHE get a show?”

Because you’re kind of a b***h, Meri. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

She ran out of recipes?

Or TLC told her putting Tater Tots & Fish Sticks on a cookie sheet in the oven according to package instructions doesn't count as a "recipe"

• LOL 12

Christine could have at least used a toaster, to prove she's not afraid of it any more...

She did seem like she enjoyed the solo show, and it'll be interesting to see if it leads to anything else.

Meri being a jealous little bitch over it is a nice bonus!  😜

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Guess he was taking the photos...yeah right!! LOL!

I can't think about kids birthdays without recalling the scene at the bd party a few months ago that Ariella demanded to have.  I guess their custom is to toast the bd child and Kody toasted something like "to my favorite little girl" to Ari. The look on Truely's face said it all when she said...I used to be your favorite little girl. What a tactless slob he is!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, sandals said:

I don’t think truley was ever kody’s favorite. 😧

That might have been why Christine said that her kids could see Kootie has favorites.  Her children were never favorites with that rat bastard, and it had to hurt them badly.

All he thinks about Truely is resentment that she had the unfortunate timing to be born when all he thought about was getting laid by RobChyn.  

• Love 14
On 4/14/2022 at 3:21 AM, iwantcookies said:

Puhleeze he was too busy doing his hair

What hair? With every new photo the ‘hair’ is becoming harder to detect….

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 4/13/2022 at 6:12 PM, Sandy W said:

I wonder if the birthday warrants a visit from daddy dearest?

That’s cute. Only Robyn’s spawn get birthday celebrations with dear old dad. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

6696DDEA-9E90-4942-BB5E-758FA0770519.jpeg

D9968D81-14BF-497A-9F28-233F82B910DB.jpeg

AFCF9471-195A-4668-916E-4993A44A80AF.jpeg

A loving tribute from a lovely young woman.  Looks like they are headed out for a roaring '20s themed evening.   

Kody would have an absolute conniption if he saw Ysabel in that dress.  Fortunately, he has no voice in the matter.

• Love 20
29 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

A loving tribute from a lovely young woman.  Looks like they are headed out for a roaring '20s themed evening.   

Kody would have an absolute conniption if he saw Ysabel in that dress.  Fortunately, he has no voice in the matter.

I agree.  I also think RobChyn would say something to Kootie.  "My daughters would NEVER wear somethingk so immodest!"  You know, because she has SUCH high morals (cough, cough, sneeze.)

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree.  I also think RobChyn would say something to Kootie.  "My daughters would NEVER wear somethingk so immodest!"  You know, because she has SUCH high morals (cough, cough, sneeze.)

How you got that Robyn bit out without your throat going up in flames is beyond me, hun!  Sounded exactly like the witch, too.  😛

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6696DDEA-9E90-4942-BB5E-758FA0770519.jpeg

D9968D81-14BF-497A-9F28-233F82B910DB.jpeg

AFCF9471-195A-4668-916E-4993A44A80AF.jpeg

I rag on these girls at times but that was a mighty fine "mom" tribute to someone who deserves a mighty fine "mom" tribute.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
On 4/13/2022 at 4:44 PM, Sandy W said:

I can't think about kids birthdays without recalling the scene at the bd party a few months ago that Ariella demanded to have.  I guess their custom is to toast the bd child and Kody toasted something like "to my favorite little girl" to Ari. The look on Truely's face said it all when she said...I used to be your favorite little girl. What a tactless slob he is!

Nothing but the best for Areola Grande and her mullet top!

Truely should have given Kooties “favorite little girl” a box full of pacifiers for her birthday 🥳 

9FEFF814-407B-492C-AB49-446F59532462.jpeg

• LOL 10