Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

Aspen looks absolutely gorgeous.  The rest, uh, don't.  True confession - when I first saw the group picture, I honestly thought it was photo shopped and I laughed.  Then I realized it was for real and I laughed and laughed.  I personally think Janelle looks the most ridiculous, but none of those outfits are flattering on this group.

I can't help but wonder, where are the "wives" shopping?  My niece recently got married, and her mother, my SIL, went to a shop that helped her pick a dynamite mother-of-the-bride dress that was flattering both in style and color.  It wasn't cheap, but I doubt the Brown dresses were either.  I don't get how any of them could have looked in a mirror and thought, yes, this looks good.

Also loved how Meri tried to turn the occasion into an advertisement for her Lularoe clothes.  Maybe she bought an outfit for the wedding day, but after eating tons of junk foods at Disney and the zoo, she realized she'd gained too much weight to fit into it?  Or maybe her plan all along was to wear Lularoe, but she needed to make it look unplanned so no one could accuse her of deliberately using the wedding to advertise her clothes.  

• Love 8

Meri wants to fatten her wallet, so when there's no more TLC cash, she is ready to split.  She conned everyone into getting on board with her getting her ancestral house "back in the family."  

I don't put anything past her.  Robyn is the same way, or she wouldn't be in the catbird seat.

• Love 4

Oh where to begin.

First, Janelle, image 6 of 9: Doesn't look like she's demonstrated any "impressive weight loss" as reported--and it looks like there's a blue frisbee stuck to the side of her head. You know your hat is bad when it looks like bad photoshop.

Meri still can't find shoes that aren't ugly and, as always, she draws attention to herself as she lumbers around in an outfit that contrasts the other wives.

Aspyn looks pretty and the kilts are a nice touch.

Christine and Robyn look nice, though Christine's hat resembles an upturned, plastic green colander to me.

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/sister-wives-daughter-aspyn-browns-wedding-photos/

• Love 2

When I looked at the pictures , I thought that the wedding was beautiful but that Christine did not look well. I hope that she hasn't been sick.

• Love 2

In the group photo, a few of the males aren't wearing ties but manage to look crisp and fresh.  And.... therrrre's Tony, looking like he just played a round of touch football in the blazing sun.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

In the group photo, a few of the males aren't wearing ties but manage to look crisp and fresh.  And.... therrrre's Tony, looking like he just played a round of touch football in the blazing sun.

He can't ever manage to look good.  Rumpled and sweaty is all FT can manage.  Ick.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

He can't ever manage to look good.  Rumpled and sweaty is all FT can manage.  Ick.

He always looks as though he has rummaged through piles of soiled laundry mounded on the floor, looking for his cleanest, dirty clothes. 

• Love 6

I don't know who chooses the photos to post online but the first photo with Aspyn in the center and Christine left and Mykelti on the right looks like Aspyn is trying to keep her dress from falling down/apart and really....Mykelti looks like the angry evil step sister to her golden hair sister's Cinderella.

And it's confusing with the very orangey rust color of Aspyns husband's beard.  In the one photo where he is standing facing sideways and you can get an even light on his head hair and his chin hair they are two very different colors.  Do men color their beard hair?  Or can you have hair color be so very different between head and chin!!??

Everyone has already stated my thoughts on the dresses.....and the hats....I guess Merry ol England was the theme all right.

• Love 4
On 6/19/2018 at 7:15 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Mariah is just like her mom. Which isn't exactly a plus in my book. 

Living in the San Francisco area, I know many gay/lesbian people, both single and married/couples. I like many of them but just like straight people there are some I don't care for, not because of their orientation, but because of something else such as personality. 

And every single same sex couple I know in real life doesn't flaunt it - they behave like any other couple. I think Mariah is still in the LOOK AT ME I'M GAY! phase for the attention. She's as big an attention ho as dear old Dad. 

Mykelti settled for Tony in large part to annoy her parents. 

It IS the one thing that separates her from the rest of her family so she is going for it!  I am a little ashamed to admit I like her dress for the wedding.  It must have been an accident because she looks terrible most of the time.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh where to begin.

First, Janelle, image 6 of 9: Doesn't look like she's demonstrated any "impressive weight loss" as reported--and it looks like there's a blue frisbee stuck to the side of her head. You know your hat is bad when it looks like bad photoshop.

Meri still can't find shoes that aren't ugly and, as always, she draws attention to herself as she lumbers around in an outfit that contrasts the other wives.

Christine and Robyn look nice, though Christine's hat resembles an upturned, plastic green colander to me.

Could Tony look like more of a schlub?  OOOPS!  He may take that as a dare!

I think I am the only one that likes Janelle's dress.  I don't like it on HER but on a more petite person I think it would look cute.  Kody's hair looks like a hairstylist trained in the 80's got a hold of it and scrunched the hell out of it.  I worked with a gal that had AMAZING talent for taking bone straight hair and making it look like it was wavy.  This is what his looks like including a Jim Bob Duggar amount of aquanet.

I am only saying this because the Taco Twosome are young enough to get a grip on this, but if this is how much weight they gained after one year, what will things look like in ten years?  OY!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I don't know who chooses the photos to post online but the first photo with Aspyn in the center and Christine left and Mykelti on the right looks like Aspyn is trying to keep her dress from falling down/apart and really....Mykelti looks like the angry evil step sister to her golden hair sister's Cinderella.

And it's confusing with the very orangey rust color of Aspyns husband's beard.  In the one photo where he is standing facing sideways and you can get an even light on his head hair and his chin hair they are two very different colors.  Do men color their beard hair?  Or can you have hair color be so very different between head and chin!!??

Everyone has already stated my thoughts on the dresses.....and the hats....I guess Merry ol England was the theme all right.

Funny you should mention head hair and facial hair being different.  Mr. Xword was dark blond when we met, with a reddish-brown beard.  Now that we're seasoned citizens, his hair is brown with a bit of salt, but his mustache & goatee are almost all white.  He was actually asked once if he dyed his hair or beard (he never has.)

I thought Mykelti looked pissy, too.  She's an entitled brat IMO, like Mariah.  I've even said it's like Mykelti is Meri's kid, not Christine's.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder who approved the pictures. Mykelti could have been cropped out of that one. She looks miserable.

Mykelti is probably PO'd after hearing guests muttering about how much more comfortable they are at Aspyn's wedding.  Aspyn had the foresight to plan an outdoor ceremony in weather conducive to the event.

Also, as much as I am not a fan of facial hair (on men or women), comparisons of Mitch's luxuriant beard and Tony's catfish whiskers were inevitable.

• Love 4

omg when I thought Kody's hair couldn't be more hideous, I saw the hugging goodbye photo.

I know its been said a million times, a million ways, but: He is such a douche!!

I thought the bride looked beautiful, I liked Christine's ensemble and I think Robyn looks like she is getting one of those old-timey photos taken at the amusement park. 

• Love 5
On 6/20/2018 at 7:13 AM, Sandy W said:

And smells like sweat and last nights nachos

On 6/20/2018 at 12:46 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Funny you should mention head hair and facial hair being different.  Mr. Xword was dark blond when we met, with a reddish-brown beard.  Now that we're seasoned citizens, his hair is brown with a bit of salt, but his mustache & goatee are almost all white.  He was actually asked once if he dyed his hair or beard (he never has.)

I thought Mykelti looked pissy, too.  She's an entitled brat IMO, like Mariah.  I've even said it's like Mykelti is Meri's kid, not Christine's.  

I like this!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, sarasue59 said:

Is it just me, or is Kody's kilt just a wee bit short?  Luckily it doesn't stand out too much standing next to Aspyn who is really lovely.  Great dress.

Just a wee bit.  Mitchell's is just right.

5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Why does Catfish (formerly known as FT) have his hands in his pockets?  Bloom off the rose?  Aspyn looks pretty.

Mykelti is dressed so nice and Tony looks like he dressed for a casual day shopping.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Just a wee bit.  Mitchell's is just right.

Mykelti is dressed so nice and Tony looks like he dressed for a casual day shopping.

From recollection of the dress shopping episode I think he stepped it up a bit for the wedding. 

He works in a bank so he might still have the to dress appropriately. He probably said something like "I'm not gonna dress up on my day off work!" 

I also think he hates clothes shopping because of his size.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Curse you for making me look at his crotch. 

Sorry, lol, I could see him adopting this attire to make his appointed rounds of the cul-de-sex,  jingling all the way, with a jaunty lilt to his kilt.

• Love 8

Logan and Michelle at Aspen and Mitch’s wedding (2 pictures).

4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

She's a cutie but it seems like she speaks like a younger child.  But I'm not around 8 year olds that much.

I don’t know if she was just excited or if the stammering is just her. In other videos she doesn’t do that.

• Love 2
On 6/21/2018 at 2:09 PM, Natalie68 said:

Why does Catfish (formerly known as FT) have his hands in his pockets? 

Photographers tell the guys to do that a lot.  We see it all the time on formal nights on cruise ships when they try to sell you pictures.  They think it makes you look casual . . . like you run around in a tux all the time.  

• Love 3
On 6/18/2018 at 3:21 PM, sharkerbaby said:

Kody was wearing a kilt.  I'm guessing Aspyn requested the moms wear hats.  I wish there were pics of his family or at least parents.  I'm betting the mom(s) also wore hats and the dad wore a kilt.  My only unfavorable observation is that Meri's dress (and shoes) clashed with the rest of the family's attire - she probably should have worn a solid colored dress rather than the splash pattern she chose and the color wasn't quite right either.

Personally, I like the kilts, hats, and color scheme.  From the brief glimpse, I applaud Aspyn and Mitch and wish them all the best.

I agree, I LOVE the kilts! The hats are also great, nice that they were made by Mitch's mother. The color scheme was lovely and everyone looked great - except for Meri's shoes and Kody's hair, lol. Kody should've gone with the ponytail.

On 6/18/2018 at 6:08 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

He looks like an overgrown leprechaun.

And I love it.

• Love 2

The wedding pictures made me smile.  Dare I say it.....I am looking forward to seeing the wedding on the show!  For all the quirkiness I like how each Brown bride's wedding was unique to their own personalities. The Brown family really got into each wedding. Sure I like to sneak but they are a fun bunch at times

3 minutes ago, neh said:

• Love 6
On 6/21/2018 at 11:48 PM, DakotaJustice said:

From recollection of the dress shopping episode I think he stepped it up a bit for the wedding. 

He works in a bank so he might still have the to dress appropriately. He probably said something like "I'm not gonna dress up on my day off work!" 

I also think he hates clothes shopping because of his size.

My husband is a bigger man, and yes it is difficult (thought not impossible) to find clothes that fit properly and look appropriate for certain occasions. Tony's shirt isn't really any more casual than, say, Garrison's, but it's a bit tight on him, and that coupled with being bigger, plus the casual shoes make him seem less put together than the other guys.

Mykelti looks good and I love her shoes - I am a total sucker for a maryjane pump!

• Love 5

The wedding looks very nice.  What is Michelle wearing? It looks like a beach romper to me.  I guess she liked it cause it put her shoulder tattoo on full display.  That's so important to do at a wedding. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The wedding looks very nice.  What is Michelle wearing? It looks like a beach romper to me.  I guess she liked it cause it put her shoulder tattoo on full display.  That's so important to do at a wedding. 

Those romper things are all the rage now. I've been to a few family/friend functions in the past year where most of the late teen/twenty-something girls were wearing them. I don't personally like them, but if you're young and fit, more power to you, I suppose.

I have to laugh at the shoulder tattoo comment - when I got married in 2012, my wedding party wore strapless black dresses with the option to wear a sheer black shrug - my sister, she of the recently-acquired large shoulder art, chose to forgo the shrug, of course! I think one of the photographers was a bit enamored with it and/or her, because he got a few nice shots, lol.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

not my thing but it seems like most of the people I know have at least one tattoo these days!  In fact i get asked why *I* don't have one.  Not my bag baby.  

I heart Michelle.  The fact that Logan is obviously in love with her is pretty much a guarantee that no polygamy is going to occur.  I think Logan's an agnostic one-woman man at this point.

• Love 8
On 6/20/2018 at 8:37 AM, TurtlePower said:

Oh where to begin.

Everything you just wrote...BAM!

• Love 3

Just saw the TLC photo gallery linked above...and WOW does that first picture tell a story!  Mykelti does not look happy.  Furthermore, the gorgeous shot of Aspyn's outdoor mountain-view wedding with the guests happily smiling and not huddled under blankets and parkas?  THAT'S how you do an outdoor wedding, Mykelti.

Kody's hair looks ridiculous.  Don't hold a lighter next to that straw-dry mane of frizz!  On second thought...........

Meri is holding Princess Arelollalala in the fam'ly photo.  Interesting.

I do like how Hunter has his hand on Audrey's shoulder.  That's cute.

To echo @TurtlePower, Meri's dress looks like Sol got hold of a metallic gold Sharpie and scribbled all over her.  I suppose there was a theme here and Meri, being Meri, chose to ignore the "solid color dress and hat" instructions.  Didn't she tweet that her original dress fell through and one of her LulaNo friends sent her that dress instead?  So in other words, Meri ignored the theme and instead chose to advertise her brand at Aspyn's wedding.  Gosh, why do the other wives hate Meri so much?

• Love 11