Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Mya said:

Are the Vegas houses up for sale?

So far it seems only Christine's is on the market.  Listed by Janelle, who has now taken up residence in Flagstaff?

Check out the August 5 report by toodles on the Season 10, Spoilers etc. thread for a full report on an open house there last weekend.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Sandy W said:

So far it seems only Christine's is on the market.  Listed by Janelle, who has now taken up residence in Flagstaff?

Check out the August 5 report by toodles on the Season 10, Spoilers etc. thread for a full report on an open house there last weekend.

Thank you!!!

• Love 1

North of town, south of the summit. Pretty place. Now THAT is where I would want to buy land, but again very expensive. I wonder if this is where the local polygamists have their homes and if the Browns were able to rent from some of them?

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

North of town, south of the summit. Pretty place. Now THAT is where I would want to buy land, but again very expensive. I wonder if this is where the local polygamists have their homes and if the Browns were able to rent from some of them?

Is Flagstaff known for having a polygamist population?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Is Flagstaff known for having a polygamist population?

It isn't "known" for it, but yes, there are some polygamists there. A sister wife from the town I used to live in started dating a plyg guy there after her/their husband died.

ETA: Polygamists are found scattered across Arizona. They are still in the north east, where the early Mormons traveled to and settled in the late 1800s, they are here in the Phx/Mesa area, and also down in the Thatcher/Safford area. Not a huge number like in Utah.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures 

Paedon put in a comment on this post:

paedonbrown@jessiemummert I moved to St. George she moved here because she and all my parents wanted a change

• Love 2

Christine's children are the best looking of the Brown offspring.  Part of that is because they resemble their pretty mother.  However, another large part of that is because they seem to be "regular folks" who don't think super highly of themselves.  No pretentious poses in their selfies, no ridiculous captions that are supposed to show how incredibly "deep" they are.  

Christine hasn't been holding down a paying job all these years, but it's obvious she has spent her time as a hands on mother, nurturing, and teaching her children values.  I admire her for that, but have genuine concerns for her future.  Had she been in a monogamous, legal marriage, she would have at least have protections such as her husband's social security, life insurance, etc. if something were to happen.  

• Love 16

(If this is, in fact true), the parents wanted a change. They uproot kids, again, because they are bored. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars because they are bored. They got another season out of it, but are there really more after that? This is such a typical Adult Brown Decision. I really wonder how they are going to play it for teevee.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Paedon put in a comment on this post:

paedonbrown@jessiemummert I moved to St. George she moved here because she and all my parents wanted a change

Am I interpreting this correctly that Paedon is not joining the family in Flagstaff, but will be moving to St. George?  He is 20 now and would be of college age, there is a college in St. George and maybe he wanted to be close to Mykelti and FT.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Am I interpreting this correctly that Paedon is not joining the family in Flagstaff, but will be moving to St. George?  He is 20 now and would be of college age, there is a college in St. George and maybe he wanted to be close to Mykelti and FT.

He posted about his move on July 5th, before the move to Arizona was announced publicly.

Here’s the post: ( 2 pictures)

• Love 5

Thanks for the refresher ginger90, I had forgotten you had posted this in July and I didn't connect the dots when the family move was announced.

By the way, I want you to know how much you are appreciated for posting these snippets from their Instagrams, keeping us up to date on the happenin's in the cult-de-sac.  Guess we will now monitor what's happening on the range, however they configure the new homesteads.

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Guess we will now monitor what's happening on the range, however they configure the new homesteads.

The Acres of Lovin'?  Polygville?  I know we can come up with some inventive captions....

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

The Acres of Lovin'?  Polygville?  I know we can come up with some inventive captions....

I can envision Kody decking himself out in a spangly cowboy shirt and tight jeans, patrolling his compound on a white stallion.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I can envision Kody decking himself out in a spangly cowboy shirt and tight jeans, patrolling his compound on a white stallion.

Every time people talk about them moving to “Flag,” I get things mixed up with Leah Remini’s show and picture Kody in a Sea Org uniform.  A mental picture of him in spangly cowboy gear is actually an improvement, weirdly. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

Every time people talk about them moving to “Flag,” I get things mixed up with Leah Remini’s show

Sorry! Here in Arizona we sort-cut the name to Flag. How about a Sea Org uni but only with shorts and his man flip-flops?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Thanks for the refresher ginger90, I had forgotten you had posted this in July and I didn't connect the dots when the family move was announced.

By the way, I want you to know how much you are appreciated for posting these snippets from their Instagrams, keeping us up to date on the happenin's in the cult-de-sac.  Guess we will now monitor what's happening on the range, however they configure the new homesteads.

Seconded! I’ve been meaning to thank Ginger90 for taking one for the team and checking their IG for us!

• Love 9
On 8/19/2018 at 9:26 PM, MonicaM said:

she would have at least have protections such as her husband's social security, life insurance, etc. if something were to happen.  

I also thought about the same thing.  Janelle and Meri will probably have decent SS.  And probably Robyn, but I sincerely hope that the family is giving Christine a little extra to put toward a retirement fund.  That is unless they are getting paychecks from the BFE group and she is paying SS taxes every quarter.  It's really hard to live on the minimum SS payment.

• Love 5
On 8/21/2018 at 11:26 AM, Absolom said:

Christine won't even qualify for the minimum Social Security check unless she starts working a covered job.  She needs a certain amount of covered employment to qualify.

Does TLC take out taxes, social security, and Medicare? If so, 1/5 of the TLC income may qualify her. I have no idea how it works.

• Love 1

The Browns are not employees of TLC.  They are contracted to the production company.  At least that's how it usually works.  So they are on their own as far as taxes go.  IF they handled their income selectively, they might be able to process it as self-employment and pay the double FICA.  I can't see the Brown's doing that, but it's a possibility.

• Love 5

The girls' resemblance to Christine is unreal.  Man......they all look very good, imo.

I like the scenery too.  I've been to Arizona once, but, long ago.  As I recall, the photos they are showing show more green stuff than what I recall.  I suppose the topography varies by region.  I can see how living in the hot, hard, dry earth in Vegas might have gotten old. But, that's just me. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The girls' resemblance to Christine is unreal.  Man......they all look very good, imo.

I like the scenery too.  I've been to Arizona once, but, long ago.  As I recall, the photos they are showing show more green stuff than what I recall.  I suppose the topography varies by region.  I can see how living in the hot, hard, dry earth in Vegas might have gotten old. But, that's just me. 

Flagstaff is a much higher altitude, so they have lower temperatures and pine trees and other stuff that can benefit from moisture from snowfall.  Here in the Phoenix area, we are in the actual desert . . . fewer natural plants, and those are things that can grow with a LOT less moisture.  Phoenix weather is much like that of Las Vegas, even though Flagstaff is between Phoenix and Vegas.

• Love 3

I love to visit the desert, but, I don't think I could live there.  Though, I suppose it's what you get used to.  I am a sucker for mountains in the background. That kind of scenery is just breathtaking. Utah has some pretty spectacular ones.  I'd imagine leaving that is hard. Here's a clip of some lovely ones near Provo and Orem.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Flagstaff is a much higher altitude, so they have lower temperatures and pine trees and other stuff that can benefit from moisture from snowfall.  Here in the Phoenix area, we are in the actual desert . . . fewer natural plants, and those are things that can grow with a LOT less moisture.  Phoenix weather is much like that of Las Vegas, even though Flagstaff is between Phoenix and Vegas.

People are always shocked when they see Flagstaff, they don't realize it's like 7,000 feet elevation. They're like, that's in AZ? And yes it snows! in 2010 we had several feet during winter, so much so many sidewalks didn't clear until spring. The Browns will find more enjoyment and stuff to do in Flag versus Vegas.

Never really enjoyed living in desert valleys myself. Went from Bullhead/Laughlin (Hell on Earth) to Vegas (slightly better) to rural higher desert (around  3700 elevation). Rarely gets over 105 up here and it's already cooling off nicely. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Went from Bullhead/Laughlin (Hell on Earth)

The Deliverance of the Southwest. I refused to patrol that section of the river. I currently live just north of Phx in the upper desert and love it.

I wonder if Christine and Janelle will find jobs in Flag. The town has the kind of lifestyle that would fit the personalities of both Christine and her mother, and Annie's wacky purses would probably sell there. I could see Christine working in one of the little boutiques or food stores downtown, chatting up tourists. Janelle might find a sleeper real estate company that doesn't require much of her. Robyn, on the other hand, is too snooty for the place and she has her hands full with underaged kids.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lma said:

I remember Mykelti used to post “deep” quotes on her Twitter. She would never attribute them so if you didn’t know any better, you’d think she was brilliant. Actually, I remember Mykelti (of all people) was the kid who didn’t want to participate in having their home “church” services televised. She seemed very level-headed and very different from the others at the time. She was also the one who first had dyed hair in a sea of blondes. She pushed the envelope on her clothing with the tank top (gasp). She seemed more of a critical thinker and definitely wanted to distinguish herself from her family. Wonder what happened? Maybe she was starved for attention and Tony was one of the first to pay attention to her. Her wedding was definitely a way to get attention and have the focus on her. She was probably desperate for attention with umpteen siblings who all probably get more attention than her for something or another. The only attention Mykelti got was from her engagement/wedding. Some people, especially kids, act out in the strangest ways for attention. Writing all this, I almost feel sorry for the kid.

To be fair to Mykelti, at least she's still not pregnant.

• Love 8

I wonder how Ysabel feels about bonus mom Meri these days.  Wasn't she the one that moved in with her years back?

Hopefully the new season won't be exploiting her scoliosis.  It may have been helpful to another parent, but it just seemed too intrusive to me.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder how Ysabel feels about bonus mom Meri these days.  Wasn't she the one that moved in with her years back?

Hopefully the new season won't be exploiting her scoliosis.  It may have been helpful to another parent, but it just seemed too intrusive to me.

I don't remember Ysabel moving in with Meri but I do remember Aspyn moving in with Robyn for a while.  Christine said something like, "when they leave, they are gone, no coming back" I think when Aspyn came back home from college.

I so agree about exploiting the scoliosis.  It could have served as a PSA without embarrassing Ysabel to tears, just for a storyline.

• Love 6