Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Must be an interesting side-effect of the poisonous Plexus...

PS Bring on the cooking with Janelle! I'd love to see Meri freak out, I'm sure that's going to make for some awesome and frosty SW-episodes. 

YASSSSSS let Janelle have a cooking segment! It would be worth it to watch Meri lose her shit. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I guess every picture from now on will have the ubiguitous tubes of colored poison.

Maddie's tube o' Plexus looks like bloody Mary mix - meanwhile, I can smell that sharp, disinfectant-level sweetness radiating off of the pink crap in Janelle's bottle from here.

It's lovely that they work together motivating each other....but what are they actually doing besides taking pictures of themselves NOT drinking the poison and going on retreats?  Do they take turns calling their downline and berating them for not shilling hard enough?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Must be an interesting side-effect of the poisonous Plexus...

PS Bring on the cooking with Janelle! I'd love to see Meri freak out, I'm sure that's going to make for some awesome and frosty SW-episodes. 

Cooking with JUST Janelle.

Ingredients: a can opener and an assortment of canned goods.

Step one: Heat can contents in pans on the stove.

Step two: Sit down for a while.

Step three: Hit the drive-thru when everything goes to hell, or is too foreign for the tastebuds.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Maddie's tube o' Plexus looks like bloody Mary mix - meanwhile, I can smell that sharp, disinfectant-level sweetness radiating off of the pink crap in Janelle's bottle from here.

It's lovely that they work together motivating each other....but what are they actually doing besides taking pictures of themselves NOT drinking the poison and going on retreats?  Do they take turns calling their downline and berating them for not shilling hard enough?

Pitchur this,

They are both sitting around Maddie's kitchen table, using their burner phones to contact their downline into hustling more to sell their swamp water and all I see is this

image.png.1ebbad8bee1e1f49f23a342d09c21319.png

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

They would make more than $544 a year if they sold sex toys. Those plexus bottles do look like a sex toy. 

I knew a lady once who worked full time in health care.  One day she cautiously, revealed to me that she and her husband made their real income from their home business of selling adult toys!  I was shocked. Lol I would never have expected that.  She said she made much more in the side business.  I guess she worked the job for benefits.  They had a couple of kids.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Once upon a time Janelle counted on Savanah  motivating her.

Say what you like about Janelle, but to me she always seemed to consider her kids' future and encouraged them to find their own paths as young adults. So, I'm very hopeful that Savanah is not going to end up as the spinster-care taking- youngest daughter looking after mom. Janelle simply doesn't seem the type of person to let that happen.

Of all the sister wives, she has always been the most independent and not afraid to work. And it seems that she's managed to pass this on to (most of) her kids (apart from Maddie, but she was Kody's baby after all)

Now, had Savanah been Robyn's, then I would have started to worry a long time ago. She would have ended up as a full time carer for mom with no life of her own. Fortunately, this job now goes to AuROARa, which is probably a good thing as it will save a guy from a disastrous plural marriage to both her and dear mommy in law!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Say what you like about Janelle, but to me she always seemed to consider her kids' future and encouraged them to find their own paths as young adults. So, I'm very hopeful that Savanah is not going to end up as the spinster-care taking- youngest daughter looking after mom. Janelle simply doesn't seem the type of person to let that happen.

Of all the sister wives, she has always been the most independent and not afraid to work. And it seems that she's managed to pass this on to (most of) her kids (apart from Maddie, but she was Kody's baby after all)

I will say that Janelle has raised some kick-ass kids - even Maddie, who shills for MLM's in her spare time, is supposedly going to school (although I don't remember what she's going for anymore).

What bugs me about Janelle is that she worked outside the home and seemed to love going to an office every day and having a reliable job with benefits, etc.  I don't understand her reluctance to give that another try.  Maybe I'm naïve and her Z-list star power is enough for her to make a decent living from Plexus and whatever she makes from the show, but she's in her 50's and I can't imagine Kody hasn't gotten his gel-stained hands on anything Janelle might've had saved in a 401K or retirement plan to meet his own goals of building Fort Knox on Coyote Pass.  After all, Janelle's inheritance money bought the house in Lehi.  At this point in her life, she's got one almost grown daughter at home and a very part-time husband - it seems like the perfect time for her to go back to work and put money away that Kody (and Robyn) can't get their grubby hands on.  

The fact that she shills Plexus and is supposedly a "health coach," when it seems pretty obvious that neither is making a difference in her own weight, borders on ridiculous.  She's a lousy spokesperson when we never see her own results of doing the things she claims are life-changing.  Why not ditch the MLM game and find even a part-time job that pays a reliable salary?  

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I will say that Janelle has raised some kick-ass kids - even Maddie, who shills for MLM's in her spare time, is supposedly going to school (although I don't remember what she's going for anymore).

What bugs me about Janelle is that she worked outside the home and seemed to love going to an office every day and having a reliable job with benefits, etc.  I don't understand her reluctance to give that another try.  Maybe I'm naïve and her Z-list star power is enough for her to make a decent living from Plexus and whatever she makes from the show, but she's in her 50's and I can't imagine Kody hasn't gotten his gel-stained hands on anything Janelle might've had saved in a 401K or retirement plan to meet his own goals of building Fort Knox on Coyote Pass.  After all, Janelle's inheritance money bought the house in Lehi.  At this point in her life, she's got one almost grown daughter at home and a very part-time husband - it seems like the perfect time for her to go back to work and put money away that Kody (and Robyn) can't get their grubby hands on.  

The fact that she shills Plexus and is supposedly a "health coach," when it seems pretty obvious that neither is making a difference in her own weight, borders on ridiculous.  She's a lousy spokesperson when we never see her own results of doing the things she claims are life-changing.  Why not ditch the MLM game and find even a part-time job that pays a reliable salary?  

THIS, and I’ve been wondering the same for years. Janelle seems incapable of losing a substantial amount of weight without a coach of her own pushing her — I don’t know how she’s getting paying customers. I’d be like,  “Uh, this doesn’t seem to actually work why should anyone pay for it?”

Once the show is over and her celebrity status has faded, I hope she has a backup plan — who’s gonna want to pay for weight loss advice from an obese person? That would be like going to a nursery to buy plants and they’re all brown and dead. If you can’t demonstrate success, you have no business being in said business. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe she liked going to work to escape the chaos of the fambly. 

Escaping chaos would have been a big part of it but I also think Janelle assessed her position in the pecking order and realized the only way she could gain recognition and admiration from Kody would be by contributing to the family coffers as well as reproducing at every opportunity. 

She sold herself short.  She went after Kody with a vengeance based on his physical appearance rather than qualities that would have made for a loving, appreciative husband and father.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

and realized the only way she could gain recognition and admiration from Kody would be by contributing to the family coffers as well as reproducing at every opportunity. 

Well, that womb's closed now, the coffers are emptied faster than anyone could possibly fill them, so those options to win Kody's favour have gone out of the window.

But...she can offer him no drama, peace of mind and conversations on an equal level. I can see how those things appeal to someone when you get older. (I've certainly learned to appreciate this over the years!)

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I don't know of any doughnut MLMs. . . 

Oh, good lord, don't give them any ideas!  Janelle presents Rock Star, Game-Changing Ghee Fried Organically Grown Vegetable Donuts Sprinkled with Tea Leaves.

• LOL 13
On 4/6/2022 at 3:25 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Evie is sharing her donut with Janelle but no pics of Janelle sharing her chocolate covered donut with Evie 

That’s because J inhaled hers in 2 bites. There was nothing left to share. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I didn't see any sign of "building" going on. There were piles of logs that I think have been there a long time. Wasn't Kootie skinning them last season or the one before??? I don't believe they will ever build on that land. 

I think Janelle enjoyed living in the camper out on the land during the Summer/Fall and that is what she is looking forward to.

• Love 11
On 4/6/2022 at 8:44 AM, Elodia said:

So she didn't know this with Axel? Maybe he would't share his food with her 🤔  

Maybe he never got over when she shared her with him when he was a baby…CANNED CABBAGE FOR EVERYBODY!!! 😂😂😂

• LOL 5
On 4/1/2022 at 7:56 AM, laurakaye said:

Pre Covid, I have wondered if filming would interfere with a job outside the home. 

Since Covid, and the shift from working in an office owned by the employer to working from home, why Janelle at least, doesn't bring in some extra $$, benefits, vacation time you can cash out. 

I have a friend who, pre-covid, got a job with customer service. After 3mo. Probation, he advanced and now makes $22/ hr.  He does not have to get dressed for work. 

I have decided this would be a perfect job for Janelle. 😃 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I have decided this would be a perfect job for Janelle. 😃 

Perfect indeed for Janelle.  Of all the adults, she is the only one that can express herself with clear diction and enunciation and get to the point.  Well, maybe Kody could be clearly understood in a phone conversation but he would meander off topic, relating the customer's problem to his situation.  "Did you know I have 3 wives and 18 kids? I had 4  wives at one time but for some unknown reason, one of them thought she could live without me."

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I didn't see any sign of "building" going on. There were piles of logs that I think have been there a long time. Wasn't Kootie skinning them last season or the one before??? I don't believe they will ever build on that land. 

Agree, she’s either good at pretend play when it comes to building there, or she’s completely delusional in believing Kody’s fairytales about a Brown Compound on Coyote Pass…

Kody and Robyn are never going to build there. They have their own secluded luxurious mansion away from the others, so why trying to top that and having Janelle and Meri as neighbours too?

• Love 11

I only heard her say she loves the property & is moving things around to get ready for the summer.  Presumably bringing back her RV.  Those logs they were "pilling" during Kody's fight with the boys are still there. And the small hill they call "the mountain".

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I only heard her say she loves the property & is moving things around to get ready for the summer.  Presumably bringing back her RV.  Those logs they were "pilling" during Kody's fight with the boys are still there. And the small hill they call "the mountain".

The way they carry on about that arid patch of land with a view of a hillock, you would think it was an Alpine meadow with a fresh brook babbling through the lush landscape.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

Going forward, I don't think Janelle is going to do a single thing based on what the others might do.  If she moves an RV up to Coyote Pass, it's because that's where she wants to be.  If the rest show up...fine.  If they don't...fine.  I think if she really wants something she will do it and what the other three do is really inconsequential at this point.  

Back to the finances, I know at one time their money was pooled, but it seems less likely now.  And I hope it's not pooled anymore.  Janelle lives more modestly than the rest of them and I hope Kody and Robyn aren't taking what she's saving on housing and utilities to have that huge house.  She should get to keep that.  Meri likely makes the most money, and as much as I dislike her, I hope she's keeping it all as well.  Don't help support people who treat you like shit!  

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 24
On 3/31/2022 at 2:36 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Cooking with JUST Janelle.

Ingredients: a can opener and an assortment of canned goods.

Step one: Heat can contents in pans on the stove.

My money is on she skips the pans and just heats the canned food in the cans. Less washing up.

• LOL 10

I think Janelle will find a way to stay on her piece of land permanently.  Maybe she will get a prefab house or a cabin.   What all would she need?  A septic system, a water tank and electricity.  Maybe solar panels would provide enough electricity. Or maybe she will find herself a winterized RV.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I think Janelle will find a way to stay on her piece of land permanently.  Maybe she will get a prefab house or a cabin.   What all would she need?  A septic system, a water tank and electricity.  Maybe solar panels would provide enough electricity. Or maybe she will find herself a winterized RV.

Yeah, I think Janelle really wants to live out there on the land. The problem is the Winter poses a real problem. At this point she is probably better off moving to town for Winter, renting an apartment and then moving out on the land for Spring-Fall in her RV.  She seemed quite content there last Summer. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, I think Janelle really wants to live out there on the land. The problem is the Winter poses a real problem. At this point she is probably better off moving to town for Winter, renting an apartment and then moving out on the land for Spring-Fall in her RV.  She seemed quite content there last Summer. 

I just hope Savanah is driving by now, I remember last season she said she was dependent on her mom to get her around.  I can't imagine what life must be like for her if she isn't driving.  Janelle may be content with the minimalist lifestyle in the RV but it seems very confining for a young woman.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, eskimo said:

Going forward, I don't think Janelle is going to do a single thing based on what the others might do.  If she moves an RV up to Coyote Pass, it's because that's where she wants to be.  If the rest show up...fine.  If they don't...fine.  I think if she really wants something she will do it and what the other three do is really inconsequential at this point.  

Back to the finances, I know at one time their money was pooled, but it seems less likely now.  And I hope it's not pooled anymore.  Janelle lives more modestly than the rest of them and I hope Kody and Robyn aren't taking what she's saving on housing and utilities to have that huge house.  She should get to keep that.  Meri likely makes the most money, and as much as I dislike her, I hope she's keeping it all as well.  Don't help support people who treat you like shit!  

Ok…that’s one helluv an expensive camp site then! Spend a fortune on building ground and use it to camp out on with your RV. (Or to store furniture in trucks for that matter)

And of course Robyn and Kody are claiming what Janelle doesn’t necessarily need. Kody did this with Meri so why change a tactic that obviously works? They need it with all those kids and an expensive house anyway.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

My money is on she skips the pans and just heats the canned food in the cans. Less washing up.

She can put the cans right in one or more of the three campfire circles for al fresco dining. The property comes with its own 3-burner stove and plenty of firewood!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

But is the drainage ditch giant mud puddle POND still there?  I need to know that Janelle will have a place to go fishing and the grandkids will have a place to go swimming when they visit. 🙄

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Thanks for that. We have graduated licenses where I am too but lots of teens don't bother to get fully qualified ASAP and don't realize it is a problem until they're expected to drive for a job. I took my road test and got my license the day I turned 16; for me, driving = freedom, even if it is mom's car! I guess we'll know when Savanah is fully qualified when Janelle posts a pic from her stoop showing Savanah driving off alone.

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But is the drainage ditch giant mud puddle POND still there?  I need to know that Janelle will have a place to go fishing and the grandkids will have a place to go swimming when they visit. 🙄

Everything looked pretty dry around there.  With any luck, that secondary ditch they dug for a future water tank may have filled up with melted snow. Are there any fish besides catfish that can live in muddy holes?  It would be great for family get togethers if Janelle stocked the ditches with catfish, to commemorate why they are still on the air!

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 13

20 HOURS AGO, DEIRDRA SAID:

I only heard her say she loves the property & is moving things around to get ready for the summer.  Presumably bringing back her RV.  Those logs they were "pilling" during Kody's fight with the boys are still there. And the small hill they call "the mountain".

Won't the logs rot if they lay out there like that and are untreated?

I really think Coyote Pass was just a plot line for the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ok…that’s one helluv an expensive camp site then! Spend a fortune on building ground and use it to camp out on with your RV. (Or to store furniture in trucks for that matter)

And of course Robyn and Kody are claiming what Janelle doesn’t necessarily need. Kody did this with Meri so why change a tactic that obviously works? They need it with all those kids and an expensive house anyway.

Robyn and Kody's mansion includes a guest house.  They should rent it to Janelle for the cost of their monthly mortgage payment, until or unless Day'un or one of the daughters resides there.  Or, they should charge Janelle some type of indoor plumbing user fee while she camps in her RV, since their mansion is near Prairie Dog Plague Pass.  But, maybe either of those scenarios is too close to sharing one house for all of them.  You'd think by now that these grifters would be better at it. . . 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4