Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

What was it, a whole 5 minute workout? And isn’t it a bit late of her to allow herself “only to be worried about her workout or self care time”—isn’t that something our trained professional should have been doing for years now? 

🙄

One of Janelle's "finite resources" is her time.  She is just so, so, busy, busy, that she barely has time to hop on her bike to sweat the Plexus out of her system.

It does not however, restrict her from collecting consultation fees from those that want to emulate her life.

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Gee, thanks Janelle, but no thanks.

She looks better in the picture than she usually does...a lesson in filtering one's photos, as her dear sister wife Meri does?  😜

I call bullshit on her sugar cravings being in the past. Plus, it sounds like she's just spouting a plexus script. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I call bullshit on her sugar cravings being in the past. Plus, it sounds like she's just spouting a plexus script. 

The key to ending sugar cravings is to cut out added sugar and junk food and keep them out of the house.  Within 3-7 days the cravings are gone and will stay gone unless you eat some and re-start the cycle of cravings. The boys can eat junk when they aren't at home if they feel they need some.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The key to ending sugar cravings is to cut out added sugar and junk food and keep them out of the house.  Within 3-7 days the cravings are gone and will stay gone unless you eat some and re-start the cycle of cravings. The boys can eat junk when they aren't at home if they feel they need some.

I wish sugar cravings would disappear that quickly 🙁. I have a sweet tooth, and when I’ve given up sugar in the past it’s taken a lot longer than that for sugar to lose its siren call.  I can sympathize with Janelle’s struggles, but not with promoting Plexus as the answer when it clearly isn’t. 

• Love 22
22 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I wish sugar cravings would disappear that quickly 🙁. I have a sweet tooth, and when I’ve given up sugar in the past it’s taken a lot longer than that for sugar to lose its siren call.  I can sympathize with Janelle’s struggles, but not with promoting Plexus as the answer when it clearly isn’t. 

Couple years ago I tried a mint called Sweet Defeat. Let it melt on your tongue and it changes the flavor of every food--sugar tastes gross, wine taste like nothing, Red Vines taste even more like rubber than usual--you get the idea. Try it, it may help! The hard part is if your sweet cravings are emotional, because it only works if you take it. ;-)

Janelle, of course, is hopeless. She doesn't want to change, this is just part of her grift.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, monagatuna said:

She's starting her challenge off on Betty White Challenge Day so the competition is fierce. This will get no attention and be a colossal failure, as usual.

I have no idea what Betty White Challenge Day is but I still like it better than anything that Janelle can come up with. 

• LOL 8
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I have no idea what Betty White Challenge Day is but I still like it better than anything that Janelle can come up with. 

It's the movement created asking folks to donate money to your local animal shelter on Jan. !7 which would have been Betty's 100th birthday. 

I'm sure the Brown Clowns will not particitpate a thing - for a supposedly religious family they sure are short on empathy for anyone but themselves.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Is STRIVE now just one big, long Plexus commercial that people pay for the privilege of seeing? Or does she actually keep those two "businesses" separate?

By that I mean technically separate, like separate social media posts or separate Instagram accounts...because there's really nothing to stop her from reaching out to her biggest STRIVE suckers and suggesting Plexus. If you're dumb enough to purchase one, you're dumb enough to purchase the other.

Hmmmm....grift the same group of people twice....maybe Janelle is the smartest Brown.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

What was it, a whole 5 minute workout? And isn’t it a bit late of her to allow herself “only to be worried about her workout or self care time”—isn’t that something our trained professional should have been doing for years now? 

🙄

Here's another living testament from Janelle - from her latest, short-term Plexus or Strive challenge:

"You see, health isn't something we tackle for just a month and move on. Health is something we constantly nurture."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Is STRIVE now just one big, long Plexus commercial that people pay for the privilege of seeing? Or does she actually keep those two "businesses" separate?

By that I mean technically separate, like separate social media posts or separate Instagram accounts...because there's really nothing to stop her from reaching out to her biggest STRIVE suckers and suggesting Plexus. If you're dumb enough to purchase one, you're dumb enough to purchase the other.

Hmmmm....grift the same group of people twice....maybe Janelle is the smartest Brown.

Genuine question here because I have no idea. Does she have a ton of engagement? Is STRIVE actually successful and does she do a lot of "health coaching?" I assume plexus is lucrative (sadly). Who are the top money makers in the family? Is there a profit order? I was thinking it was something like Meri, Christine, Janelle, Maddie, Mykelti in that order?

• Love 4

Out here on the forum, we’re guessing that Meri and Christine are the top earners but we have no clue how much they make. They seem to smartly use their ‘fame’ to sell their MLM (lula-No) products and expand their network of sellers, which brings in the real bucks. I think the only real proof is both of them allegedly attending exclusive events and cruises for top LulaRoe-earners. Meri also has the B&B though no clue how much she makes with that. Well, as long as it’s enough to pay off the mortgage and keep the place running, she’’s fine I guess.

I really have no idea what Janelle is doing. I simply refuse to believe that her health business is successful. She’s not exactly the epitome of health and slim herself, so her advice can’t be worth a lot or in demand. On top, she’s not paying off a house or profiting from the housing market. All her savings are locked in Plague Pass and Robyn’s mansion. But.. she can live in an RV and I suspect she doesn’t need much to be happy. She doesn’t mind leading a frugal life. 

Robyn doesn’t work full stop. Kody… no idea what he’s doing. Robyn has said that he simply stopped working because of Covid 19. (Entitled Douchebag! Very few have the luxury to just stop and hide for Covid) oh and nobody knows what he was doing! Well apart from dabbling in guns….That leaves just the TLC pay check that still needs to be divided by 5. And living off another loan they allegedly took out on Robyn’s house. 
Maddie probably lives out of Caleb’s pocket and may earn a few TLC bucks for some scenes on SW and do some MLM. Same as Mykelti but There have been rumors about Tony possibly making more on his dabbling invideo games than we think….

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Maddie probably lives out of Caleb’s pocket and may earn a few TLC bucks for some scenes on SW and do some MLM. Same as Mykelti but There have been rumors about Tony possibly making more on his dabbling invideo games than we think….

Maddie and Mykelti have small children at home right now and daycare/child care is expensive. I wouldn't put them in the same lazy bucket as the other adults who either are empty nesters, have a Nanny, or have kids in school full time and kids living nearby who could help with childcare because they're home themselves. Maddie and Mykelti may turn into Janelle and Christine later, but they're not the same right now.

Hopefully Caleb's job includes health insurance.

• Love 16

Sorry Kellyee, you’re right, didn’t want it to sound as mean as it probably did. I stayed home a little while after my third, so it wasn’t meant to judge stay at home moms. My not so handy choice of words came from a reply to a question which Brown made the most money and Mykelti and Maddie were mentioned in that question. In Maddie’s case (as much as I don’t like her) I actually totally understand her not having a job out of the house. She has the care of 1, possibly two (Axel?) special needs kids and has a husband who seems to be away a lot.

Having said this, I have to say though that I rather wished those two picked a different job than that MLM business they’re in to earn a few dollars. I don’t like the (subtle) pressure that is put on family and friends to buy their crap or to sign up as consultants so that they can make money.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

New business idea for Janelle. She should shill her services on Cameo. She can charge $100 bucks to create videos telling people to fuck off. 

Janelle is already on Cameo & there are 9 months of reviews, so I assume that is how long she's been doing it. Charging $35 like Christine, not $60 like Meri or $99 like Kootie. Robyn is not on it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5

Sorry Kellyee, you’re right, didn’t want it to sound as mean as it probably did. I stayed home a little while after my third, so it wasn’t meant to judge stay at home moms. My not so handy choice of words came from a reply to a question which Brown made the most money and Mykelti and Maddie were mentioned in that question. In Maddie’s case (as much as I don’t like her) I actually totally understand her not having a job out of the house. She has the care of 1, possibly two (Axel?) special needs kids and has a husband who seems to be away a lot.

Having said this, I have to say though that I rather wished those two picked a different job than that MLM business they’re in to earn a few dollars. I don’t like the (subtle) pressure that is put on family and friends to buy their crap or to sign up as consultants so that they can make money.

If these people could afford to live and have health insurance doing what they are doing, I wouldn't care. But when Christine is begging for money to pay for surgery, then making no effort to find a better job so she doesn't end up in this situation again, it pisses me off. Same goes for Janelle, who had Savannah parked in the middle of nowhere. I have no problem with RVs, but the location in the Prairie Land was ridiculous and inappropriate for a 17 year old. Both of them could work at least part time while their last kid is in school all day. And both have wasted likely thousands of dollars on airplane tickets during the pandemic going back and forth to North Carolina, while remaining uninsured. And there is no good reason whatsoever why Kody can't work a full time job with health insurance. None.

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Maddie said she is attending college, not sure if it is online or in person, but both of her kids go to preschool/daycare.  So I could understand this type of work if she is doing online school.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

If these people could afford to live and have health insurance doing what they are doing, I wouldn't care. But when Christine is begging for money to pay for surgery, then making no effort to find a better job so she doesn't end up in this situation again, it pisses me off. Same goes for Janelle, who had Savannah parked in the middle of nowhere. I have no problem with RVs, but the location in the Prairie Land was ridiculous and inappropriate for a 17 year old. Both of them could work at least part time while their last kid is in school all day. And both have wasted likely thousands of dollars on airplane tickets during the pandemic going back and forth to North Carolina, while remaining uninsured. And there is no good reason whatsoever why Kody can't work a full time job with health insurance. None.

Agree.

I've been doing some rewatching and Janelle mentions her career about a billion times. Even in the last episode she talked about having a "career in Wyoming" that she couldn't leave for 8 months (which caused them to separate for that length of time). The question I keep having is why she never tapped back into that "career" once in LV or even in Flagstaff.

At that time I guess they felt there was no need due to their brilliant "family business" and real estate ventures. But over time, you would think that she could have secured a more stable day to day job (with benefits!) since that is what she continually said she preferred. She wanted to work every day. She wanted the 9-5. Working in her "career" is what she preferred. So why didn't she?

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Agree.

I've been doing some rewatching and Janelle mentions her career about a billion times. Even in the last episode she talked about having a "career in Wyoming" that she couldn't leave for 8 months (which caused them to separate for that length of time). The question I keep having is why she never tapped back into that "career" once in LV or even in Flagstaff.

At that time I guess they felt there was no need due to their brilliant "family business" and real estate ventures. But over time, you would think that she could have secured a more stable day to day job (with benefits!) since that is what she continually said she preferred. She wanted to work every day. She wanted the 9-5. Working in her "career" is what she preferred. So why didn't she?

Especially now given how hard employers are struggling to find employees. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

New business idea for Janelle. She should shill her services on Cameo. She can charge $100 bucks to create videos telling people to fuck off. 

Oooooooooo . . . We could set up a GoFundMe account and buy as many messages as we could afford, all going to Kootie of course!  Imagine, every time he opens his email there’s a short video from Janelle, telling him to fuck off 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.  That, my Primetimer buddies, is priceless!  Maybe we could get a better deal on a block of them, you know, $75/10, $55/25?  Let’s cut a deal here!

• LOL 19
38 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Oooooooooo . . . We could set up a GoFundMe account and buy as many messages as we could afford, all going to Kootie of course!  Imagine, every time he opens his email there’s a short video from Janelle, telling him to fuck off 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.  That, my Primetimer buddies, is priceless!  Maybe we could get a better deal on a block of them, you know, $75/10, $55/25?  Let’s cut a deal here!

Shut up and take my money!

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

We would also have to pay someone to follow him around with a camera so we can see the results of our work. Oh wait...

• LOL 11
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Fingers crossed she put her seatbelt on. 🤞 

8F561AC3-4BC5-45C3-AB83-31433867DFCF.jpeg

She should also try sliding the seat back a bit to find the most comfortable position for making tight turns. 

• Love 11
On 1/8/2022 at 6:14 PM, deirdra said:

She should also try sliding the seat back a bit to find the most comfortable position for making tight turns. 

Also, it's actually dangerous to sit that close. If the airbag went off it could do serious damage to her face.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Also, it's actually dangerous to sit that close. If the airbag went off it could do serious damage to her face.

I learned this working in a hospital emergency room - you want to sit as far back as comfortably and pragmatically possible for exactly that reason. Airbag Face ain't pretty...

• Love 7
6 hours ago, sheshark said:

Janelle has a Lexus.  Christine drives an Infinity SUV.  Sobyn has a mIllion-dollar house. They can quit this show and lecture on creative finance and really rake it in.

Creative Finance😂😂 

They could name their lectures Creative Finance and spending the money that’s not yours (aka loans) or maybe Creative Finance and draining your future? Or Creative Finance and Robbyng the banks and money lenders? 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Janelle's kids care a lot about her and are good to her.

Kody putting her in positions where she feels like she has to choose between him and her kids is a big time miscalculation.

I love watching him find out how insignificant he really is. 😆

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Janelle's kids care a lot about her and are good to her.

Kody putting her in positions where she feels like she has to choose between him and her kids is a big time miscalculation.

I love watching him find out how insignificant he really is. 😆

And Kody will be stuck with Robyn, no show, and a tremendous amount of debt.

He'll probably have to sell the Sobbin mansion (Coyote Pass will be sold as Christine and then Meri seek to untangle finances).  And Christine will ask for child support so Kody will be reminded every month of what he lost!

Against the shrieks of Robyn Kody will suggest they move back to Wyoming to live on the ranch that his father owned.  Aurora and Breana will be married off to Plygs.  Day'un will live in the second bedroom, while Soil and Areola share a small room.

None of the other children will write a tell all (although gosh I want to read the tell all) and they will shame Kodi and Robyn by living their best lives!

In 20 years an image of the completely bald Kody in a walker with Sobbin grimacing at his side will show up on the equivalent of Page Six.  Instead of VS, they will be leaving a courthouse.

At least this is my dream.

1 minute ago, Ms.Lulu said:

And Kody will be stuck with Robyn, no show, and a tremendous amount of debt.

He'll probably have to sell the Sobbin mansion (Coyote Pass will be sold as Christine and then Meri seek to untangle finances).  And Christine will ask for child support so Kody will be reminded every month of what he lost!

Against the shrieks of Robyn Kody will suggest they move back to Wyoming to live on the ranch that his father owned.  Aurora and Breana will be married off to Plygs.  Day'un will live in the second bedroom, while Soil and Areola share a small room.

None of the other children will write a tell all (although gosh I want to read the tell all) and they will shame Kodi and Robyn by living their best lives!

In 20 years an image of the completely bald Kody in a walker with Sobbin grimacing at his side will show up on the equivalent of Page Six.  Instead of VS, they will be leaving a courthouse.

And much like how this is Janelle's thread, but I haven't mentioned her, she'll be shilling here latest MLM and living with one of her kids.

At least this is my dream.

• Love 15

Oh @Ms.Lulu wouldn’t it be nice if we could do a one off “Sisterwives (un)happily ever after” 5 years after the show is cancelled?

I have similar dreams like you but in mine, Kody and Robyn live in a double wide with no heating with Dayton and Ari. The other two girls have married plygs too and Sol has run away and moved in with Aspyn or Logan.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Oh @Ms.Lulu wouldn’t it be nice if we could do a one off “Sisterwives (un)happily ever after” 5 years after the show is cancelled?

I have similar dreams like you but in mine, Kody and Robyn live in a double wide with no heating with Dayton and Ari. The other two girls have married plygs too and Sol has run away and moved in with Aspyn or Logan.

Oh I like yours too!  And maybe for salt in the wound Sol moves in with Christine.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

Well, I'm quite sure Robyn decided on this fambly while thinking that Christine could raise HER kids, too.  Thankfully, that didn't happen.  Christine basically raised Janelle's kids, and I'm certain that was quite enough, even if the kids were well-behaved.  

Sol moving in with Christine would be great, though.  He has a playmate in Truely, which Robyn probably hates.  Anythingk that pisses off Kootie and Queenie, I like.

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, I'm quite sure Robyn decided on this fambly while thinking that Christine could raise HER kids, too.  Thankfully, that didn't happen.  

While I agree the right way is thankfully, there is this voice in the back of my mind that says: "But the kids would have had a chance to become sensible adults..." They're a lost cause now... Some "Christine and Janelle influence" (particularly Janelle's down to earth-stop whining-attitude) would have done wonders.

And no, I'm not saying that Janelle and Christine are perfect examples of parenting, but when I look at their kids, they haven't done a bad job either.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, I'm quite sure Robyn decided on this fambly while thinking that Christine could raise HER kids, too.  Thankfully, that didn't happen.  Christine basically raised Janelle's kids, and I'm certain that was quite enough, even if the kids were well-behaved.  

Sol moving in with Christine would be great, though.  He has a playmate in Truely, which Robyn probably hates.  Anythingk that pisses off Kootie and Queenie, I like.

Taking my reply to the Christine thread. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

While I agree the right way is thankfully, there is this voice in the back of my mind that says: "But the kids would have had a chance to become sensible adults..." They're a lost cause now... Some "Christine and Janelle influence" (particularly Janelle's down to earth-stop whining-attitude) would have done wonders.

And no, I'm not saying that Janelle and Christine are perfect examples of parenting, but when I look at their kids, they haven't done a bad job either.

You have an excellent point.  Robyn's kids seem all kinds of neurotic, if that's the right word.  I would also guess that Robyn thinks Janelle and Christine are bad mothers, because they don't play helicopter moms, and let their kids be kids that aren't always nervous and fearful.

• Love 20