Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

How do they have millions of followers?

Sadly the American public seems to have a pretty poor sense of who they should consider icons these days. Taking health "coaching" from an overweight baby mama, drinking poison from another one, joining the polyester clothes cult from a third.  All because they sold their soul to the devil to splash their tawdry lives all over the teevee.

And then there are the Kartrashians, and every vapid influencer on Tik Tok.

Yeah, sure, that's who I want to emulate.  Puke.

Who would I want to be like?  Eleanor Roosevelt, RBG, Marie Curie, Mother Teresa, Jane Goodall, Florence Nightengale.  But most Americans probably don't have a clue who they are or what they did.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Sadly the American public seems to have a pretty poor sense of who they should consider icons these days. Taking health "coaching" from an overweight baby mama, drinking poison from another one, joining the polyester clothes cult from a third.  All because they sold their soul to the devil to splash their tawdry lives all over the teevee.

And then there are the Kartrashians, and every vapid influencer on Tik Tok.

Yeah, sure, that's who I want to emulate.  Puke.

Who would I want to be like?  Eleanor Roosevelt, RBG, Marie Curie, Mother Teresa, Jane Goodall, Florence Nightengale.  But most Americans probably don't have a clue who they are or what they did.

Applause for your entire post. 

🔥  🔥 for Kartrashians. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
(edited)

The biggest problem with the Brown fashion,  is their tendency to turn beautiful clothes into something they're not. They want to be trendy and follow fashion, but they don't like the skin-revealing aspects of many clothes. We've all seen the long sleeves and tank tops under blouses or tops that would look a lot better without them. All for the sake of modesty. They even did this with evening gowns! I still cringe when I see some of their choices and how they "altered" them to make them more fitting. (Though I'll admit: Michelle Duggar is way worse!)

For Janelle, it is a bigger struggle. Her size doesn't help as unfortunately, it is still difficult to find beautiful, well-fitting, and affordable clothes (and particularly evening gowns) in the bigger plus size range. I also think Janelle struggles a lot more with her body image than she lets on. It's the little comments she makes during the show which tell me so. That makes clothes shopping even more difficult.  I think Janelle would really benefit from a good stylist who is conscious of her struggles and respects her wishes.

I do have the feeling that clothes have become more important over the past few years. Meri has definitely changed in style and Christine has become a bit more daring. Janelle is looking better every week and I really hope that this boosts her confidence. She really is a beautiful woman, which clearly shows when she puts in a little effort with her hair and makeup.

Edited by LilyD
spelling correction
  • Like 10
On 6/17/2023 at 11:31 AM, Tuxcat said:

My bad. The zoom here is likely in poor taste. But as I was looking at Christine's boob tattoo, I noticed Janelle's undergarments showing through the sheer. I don't recall seeing that when she wore the dress previously. I'm all for people celebrating their bodies, but I'll say it again (as I did in Christine's thread), these three are a hot mess style wise. How do they have millions of followers?

Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 12.18.57 PM.png

Janelle’s dress would’ve been really nice if it fit better and she wore a strapless bra/bra with clear straps. Wait, it’s as if what we get for the public event is what she should see when she tries it on at home in preparation to ensure she has the right undergarments and accessories. 

• Like 6

I don’t know how much Janelle has lost, but I can’t imagine how successful she would be in Plexus sales if she had a dramatic weight loss.  Maybe, she’s on her way.  I’ve read that when you are a spokesperson for a company like Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem, they weigh you periodically to ensure you meet their weight expectations.  Marie Osmond has maintained very well. This says she’s no longer a Nutrisystem spokesperson, but it’s a year old. Marie IS NOW doing ads for their OVER 55 program.   This is for demonstrative purposes only. I am not connected to this company at all.  

https://www.nutrisystem.com/diet-plans/complete55?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4s-kBhDqARIsAN-ipH1e71vpRjydLcGLhRv-h1Z0f47p4gDd9CUrAGnqcku5Ckj27-yyHoMaArWjEALw_wcB

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/62-marie-osmond-just-shared-175000934.html

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t know how much Janelle has lost, but I can’t imagine how successful she would be in Plexus sales if she had a dramatic weight loss.  Maybe, she’s on her way.  I’ve read that when you are a spokesperson for a company like Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem, they weigh you periodically to ensure you meet their weight expectations.  Marie Osmond has maintained very well. This says she’s no longer a Nutrisystem spokesperson, but it’s a year old. Marie IS NOW doing ads for their OVER 55 program.   This is for demonstrative purposes only. I am not connected to this company at all.  

https://www.nutrisystem.com/diet-plans/complete55?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4s-kBhDqARIsAN-ipH1e71vpRjydLcGLhRv-h1Z0f47p4gDd9CUrAGnqcku5Ckj27-yyHoMaArWjEALw_wcB

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/62-marie-osmond-just-shared-175000934.html

I think Janelle would need a tummy tuck with a significant weight loss. She's had 6 kids, Marie has had 3. But Marie's net worth is 26x Janelle's. It's obvious Marie has had facial surgery. 

• Like 7

The problem With Marie's new program is the first claim - stops hunger for 5 hours. How many of us eat when we are t hungry (raises hand). How many of us try to manage that with better choices? (Raises hand again). Some people have issues around food one way or the other. I would just guess that if we all just ate when we were hungry, made good choices and observed reasonable portion control and got out of the chair then very few would look to plexus or Marie for help. I am not perfect either but don't expect a gimmick to work. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I’m sort of kicking myself for not getting on this Plexus bandwagon before my recent 21 pound weight loss!  I could have given Plexus credit and made some sales! Lol I don’t think I could drink it though….it doesn’t look appealing to me.  I couldn’t outright lie about drinking it.  Ugh….

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 11
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m sort of kicking myself for not getting on this Plexus bandwagon before my recent 21 pound weight loss!  I could have given Plexus credit and made some sales! Lol I don’t think I could drink it though….it doesn’t look appealing to me.  I couldn’t outright lie about drinking it.  Ugh….

I think that some of those huns actually did give credit to that pink dildo drink, after they lost weight in some other way.  All in the name of MLM sales!  JMO, of course.  😁

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
On 6/17/2023 at 8:05 PM, LilyD said:

The biggest problem with the Brown fashion,  is their tendency to turn beautiful clothes into something they're not. They want to be trendy and follow fashion, but they don't like the skin-revealing aspects of many clothes. We've all seen the long sleeves and tank tops under blouses or tops that would look a lot better without them. All for the sake of modesty. They even did this with evening gowns! I still cringe when I see some of their choices and how they "altered" them to make them more fitting. (Though I'll admit: Michelle Duggar is way worse!)

All this! Why not just wear a long sleeve tee that fits instead of a too tight baby tank with a compression too under? Janelle looked best then bc she’d just wear a normal button up top instead of something from the Walmart jr section. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

hope they’re effective.  Those suckers are brutal!  

Here I am, thinking a few traces of Plexus in Janelle's blood might be enough to put an end to those little suckers. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

A Brown family reunion?  Nobody lives in FL, do they?  Or is it Janelle's family?

Idk. I was thinking NC would be a good option, but man….talk about mosquitoes!  They are off the charts here. Maybe, a Disney reunion.  ?

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
6 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

A Brown family reunion?  Nobody lives in FL, do they?  Or is it Janelle's family?

She’d probably need all 50 bracelets if it was a proper family reunion (with partners and grandkids counted in) So, it’s probably just Janelle’s own family. But yeah, why Florida? Unless they’re planning a reunion holiday?

• Like 3
On 6/29/2023 at 6:59 AM, ginger90 said:

31F4B7D0-8FBF-45C6-8096-B9697567BDAF.jpeg

We sold those at a park I once worked at. They didn’t do much. The best defense is covered head to toe and a mosquito net over your head (which I just had to do whilst doing yard work in 90% humidity to keep those suckers from eating me alive). 

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It’s good to see Janelle enjoying time with her kids. Savannah didn’t want to go? (She may have had something else to do)

She’s staying with Maddie for the summer.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
On 7/9/2023 at 5:38 PM, ginger90 said:

She’s staying with Maddie for the summer.

Janelle's not back in her RV somewhere in Flagstaff again, is she?  If so I can see why Savanah went running to Maddie's house.

• Like 6

Yum.  My late in-laws had wild blackberries on their property.  MIL made the yummiest blackberry brandy.  Mr. X and I have tried to duplicate it with local blackberries, and it just wasn't the same.

That is a long drive Janelle is making.  I hope they enjoy the trip and stop often.  If she is taking a week, they'll be able to do that.  

Did Savanah graduate this year?  I wonder if she's college bound.

• Like 3

If  Janelle's postings of the past 12 months are any indication of the future contents of SW, it is going to be a show that is beyond boring!

I mean.... a post on buying black berries? Really? Yes they are amazing, but is this the most exiting part of your life at the moment? The same goes on all her cooking attempts and fairly basic dishes. (Soaking beans now comes to mind!) 

Do we need more proof that there really isn't anything exciting about this bunch anymore?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

If  Janelle's postings of the past 12 months are any indication of the future contents of SW, it is going to be a show that is beyond boring!

I mean.... a post on buying black berries? Really? Yes they are amazing, but is this the most exiting part of your life at the moment? The same goes on all her cooking attempts and fairly basic dishes. (Soaking beans now comes to mind!) 

Do we need more proof that there really isn't anything exciting about this bunch anymore?

I mean, I’m not a famous reality tv show star but I post photos of food, berries, flowers, etc. all the time…

• Like 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I mean, I’m not a famous reality tv show star but I post photos of food, berries, flowers, etc. all the time…

This! She is doing stuff that ordinary people do, people who do not have a reality show as they lead a perfectly normal life. (Which is great btw!) People watch because there is something very different from the lives they lead. 

I really don't think she is trying to hold anything back for the show. They never have and have constantly spilled all the beans on SM themselves. I really think that Janelle fills most of her days with relaxing, hanging out, cooking or traveling to see her kids. (And shilling Plexus, which like LIV water, probably cannot be discussed on the show)

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I've been thinking about the OGs and the ways they  withered on the vine. My speculations.

Meri could only have one child, but her home was a quiet haven for Kodawg, away from 11 rowdy kids. 

Janelle's home was undoubtedly  noisy with her 4 sons and Paedon. Imo, Janelle got more "Dad" time because Kodawg bonded more easily with boys. Janelle probably got more "Partner" time, discussing business, money, etc, even after she chose not to have more kids after Savannah. He loved her for her cipherin skills.

Christine's house always had kids, but also had food! She taught her girls to show adoration for  him as she did. She gave great parties. When she had Truely, she emphatically said no more.

Enter TLC and Robyn the SheRa with a magical womb. Young enough to pop out not only her and Kodawg's spirit babies, but to grow spirit babies for Meri.

Imo, Meri would have rarely seen K after Leon left the home. She might have left. She stated in S1 that she stayed so Leon would not be separated from the family.

Christine demanded accountability from K, so.. imo- he tore the tops off her crescent rolls, ran screaming from her house, curls flying behind him.

Imo, Janelle began to lose him last of the 3. As her boys flew free, so did her role as the $ person in the family. She wasn't the primary steady source of income, which would have bumped her status. Down. 

Robyn's home became the haven. In whatever state that happens to be.

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Pronoun
  • Like 7
3 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I've been thinking about the OGs and the ways they  withered on the vine. My speculations.

Meri could only have one child, but her home was a quiet haven for Kodawg, away from 11 rowdy kids. 

Janelle's home was undoubtedly  noisy with her 4 sons and Paedon. Imo, Janelle got more "Dad" time because Kodawg bonded more easily with boys. Janelle probably got more "Partner" time, discussing business, money, etc, even after she chose not to have more kids after Savannah. He loved her for her cipherin skills.

Christine's house always had kids, but also had food! She taught her girls to show adoration for  him as she did. She gave great parties. When she had Truely, she emphatically said no more.

Enter TLC and Robyn the SheRa with a magical womb. Young enough to pop out not only her and Kodawg's spirit babies, but to grow spirit babies for Meri.

Imo, Meri would have rarely seen K after Leon left the home. She might have left. She stated in S1 that she stayed so Leon would not be separated from her family.

Christine demanded accountability from K, so.. imo- he tore the tops off her crescent rolls, ran screaming from her house, curls flying behind him.

Imo, Janelle began to lose him last of the 3. As her boys flew free, so did her role as the $ person in the family. She wasn't the primary steady source of income, which would have bumped her status. Down. 

Robyn's home became the haven. In whatever state that happens to be.

I can agree with this. I can see that for Kody being with Janelle was “easy”. I think they did have a physical attraction for each other, but I’ve always thought Janelle was aromantic and thus didn’t demand as much from Kody emotionally compared to Meri or Christine. I think it Kody had been more fair, Janelle would still be there (even if he loved Robyn more). But I think Kody served his purpose for Janelle, she got the kids she wanted, she got a sister wife to be their primary caregiver while they were small, and while she may still have sexual needs they likely aren’t the same needs she had in her 20s and 30s. She can find someone else to meet those. So she was ready to bounce when it suited her. I think it was easier for her to leave than it was for either Christine or Meri. I think Kody both broke of their hearts, with Janelle it’s more of “well it was a good run, I’m sick of you, you’re aggravating me.”

39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What is this referring to?

That Meri wanted Leon to be near their siblings, and because she didn’t have any other bio children, if she left Leon would be an outsider. She wanted Leon raised close to them so they would have a bond even though Leon didn’t share a bio mom with anyone else. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can agree with this. I can see that for Kody being with Janelle was “easy”. I think they did have a physical attraction for each other, but I’ve always thought Janelle was aromantic and thus didn’t demand as much from Kody emotionally compared to Meri or Christine. I think it Kody had been more fair, Janelle would still be there (even if he loved Robyn more). But I think Kody served his purpose for Janelle, she got the kids she wanted, she got a sister wife to be their primary caregiver while they were small, and while she may still have sexual needs they likely aren’t the same needs she had in her 20s and 30s. She can find someone else to meet those. So she was ready to bounce when it suited her. I think it was easier for her to leave than it was for either Christine or Meri. I think Kody both broke of their hearts, with Janelle it’s more of “well it was a good run, I’m sick of you, you’re aggravating me.”

That Meri wanted Leon to be near their siblings, and because she didn’t have any other bio children, if she left Leon would be an outsider. She wanted Leon raised close to them so they would have a bond even though Leon didn’t share a bio mom with anyone else. 

Lol at "you're aggravating me"!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

I don’t think Janelle is asexual or unromantic, but I do think she comes off as the one who tried hardest to maintain the rules and not be affectionate around other eives. Meri and Robyn both loved to be smug with shit eating grins whenever they could flaunt they had an extra secret with Kody. Or each other. Christine never had the chance bc he ignored her in the daylight. Could still make all those babies with her in the dark though. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Meri and Robyn both loved to be smug with shit eating grins whenever they could flaunt they had an extra secret with Kody. Or each other. Christine never had the chance bc he ignored her in the daylight. Could still make all those babies with her in the dark though. 

I agree they flaunted their up swings with Kody though I would argue Christine did too. People seem to always forget the Christine/Robyn BFF years.

And I'll add that I think Janelle used her special niche on the totem pole to her advantage. She had Kody's ear and he thought of her as his "intellectual equal." It was Janelle who could paint Christine as a "princess" or Meri as "toxic." While Janelle didn't flaunt it - she for sure capitalized on her unique connection with Kody. Meri and Christine just battled each other for scraps of romantic attention while Janelle would frequently point out "I'm independent. I don't need all that attention. I'm unbothered." She literally said those things season one. And while true -  it was a tactic to secure her spot on the totem pole.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

She said this in season 1?

• Like 2

I take it this is another Plexus trip?  Wonder if Christine is going?

Wasn't Janelle in Spain not too long ago?

I continue, despite my love of MLM documentaries and podcasts, to not understand how these people afford to go on so many destination trips just for shilling pink sludge.  I mean, these are BIG trips, not just jaunts to Des Moines or Milwaukee.  It's the same questions I have about Meri making money and taking trips selling LuLaNo.  At some point, the scheme has to get so big that it's like a snake eating its own tail.  And yet, they all seem to be doing just fine - or they are massively in debt because their attendance is expected, on their own dime, while they make us think that their respective pyramid schemes are footing their bills.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I take it this is another Plexus trip?  Wonder if Christine is going?

Wasn't Janelle in Spain not too long ago?

I continue, despite my love of MLM documentaries and podcasts, to not understand how these people afford to go on so many destination trips just for shilling pink sludge.  I mean, these are BIG trips, not just jaunts to Des Moines or Milwaukee.  It's the same questions I have about Meri making money and taking trips selling LuLaNo.  At some point, the scheme has to get so big that it's like a snake eating its own tail.  And yet, they all seem to be doing just fine - or they are massively in debt because their attendance is expected, on their own dime, while they make us think that their respective pyramid schemes are footing their bills.

One way they might be able to afford it is they have cut 2 HUGE dingleberries and their 5 offspring off the payroll

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Well, this family has never been good at money, always overextending themselves for some fabulous trip or lame excuse for a party, so it wouldn't surprise me if she's overextending herself for these plexus trips as well. I'm sure she's more successful than your average hun at shilling this poison, but I doubt she's making enough to travel well and still have a solid retirement plan.

For some really good info on how MLMs make you pay for your own stuff and then present it as a "gift" they gave you (as well as a deep dive into MLM culture itself, including its roots in white supremacy!) please check out Hey, Hun by Emily Lynn Paulson. I have studied MLMs and cults for years and still found a ton of information I had never known.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 9