Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I get up at 4am every day to GO TO WORK. Just thought I’d mention that. 

I'm picking up what you're putting down, @ginger90.  

And this picture might be a new low, even for Janelle.  What on earth is it supposed to convey, apart from the fact that she should maybe worry less about framing her day and "strive" to wipe the dog snot off the window and straighten the curtains?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Is she using sheets for curtains?  How very college apartment.

And what is this work she keeps referencing? She takes a kid to school and then needs a rest and then needs yoga for reflection.  "Frame her day" to do what exactly?  Peruse the grocery aisles for mysterious. rock star. game changing foodstuffs?

I don't think she takes Savannah to school. She "helps her out in the mad rush to get out the door for school". So if Savannah's always running late, maybe Janelle should just do what my MOM did for years and have everything ready to go the night before - homework done, lunch made, clothes laid out, alarm set.  Except for the homework, it takes 10 minutes. But of course, being a slug is genetic. 

• Love 9

So she felt like shit this morning.... Ya I'm sure my guts would be churning too if I filled up on pimento cheese and corn cakes... Ugh!

She gives me a headache trying to figure out what the hell she's talking about.

What does "frame my day" even mean????

These eff'n people talk in riddles... Does she mean plan her day? 

Most people do that automatically... I have a basic routine every damn day and I slot Dr. Appts. and other necessary excursions, shopping or whatever comes up into my day like most people... It's pretty simple.

Everything is a huge chore for Janelle 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

So she felt like shit this morning.... Ya I'm sure my guts would be churning too if I filled up on pimento cheese and corn cakes... Ugh!

She gives me a headache trying to figure out what the hell she's talking about.

These eff'n people talk in riddles... Does she mean plan her day? 

Most people do that automatically... I have a basic routine every damn day and I slot Dr. Appts. and other necessary excursions, shopping or whatever comes up into my day like most people... It's pretty simple.

Everything is a huge chore for Janelle 

Maybe she's binge watching The Crown.

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Probably some wokey-woke thing she picked up from the Pudge the Family Guru. 

These fools need to drop the pretentious crap - We.Are.Not.Amused.  Or the least bit impressed, for that matter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I notice that she often includes peppers in her Rockstar concoctions.  Maybe that is one of the things that contributes to her "digestion" issues.  My free advice would be to go on an elimination diet and slowly add back one food at a time, documenting how each addition affects you.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

maybe it's corn cakes?

Ive never seen a corn cake so I assumed it was a pancake  😋

Corn cakes are very different from pancakes.  I've always had them more savory than sweet and usually as a side or appetizer rather than breakfast.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

And this picture might be a new low, even for Janelle.  What on earth is it supposed to convey, apart from the fact that she should maybe worry less about framing her day and "strive" to wipe the dog snot off the window and straighten the curtains?

My first thought upon seeing that picture was holy cow, what a depressing place to live - everything dark brown (the better to put her dirty feet on, I guess), slime-streaked windows and curtains made from bedsheets circa 1970.  To each their own, but she sure enjoys her dirt-like color schemes.  Perhaps she's nostalgic for that week when she lived in a teepee on Kody's dad's property.

And LOLZ to her wanting to get up at 4:30 but instead rolling out of bed two minutes before Savanah had to catch the bus.  Since Logan moved away, I have no doubt that Savanah has been essentially raising herself.

And although I am repeating what all of us are thinking, I have to ask: work from home doing what????

• Love 14

a poster named "puglake" asks Janelle when the new season is starting and she replied "First Sunday in January here in the US"

Someone else tells her that she should try a banana sandwich and she exclaims BANANA SANDWICH?!??!?! and says she's never heard of such a thing.

What has she been doing all these years... literally living under a rock?

Okay i had to add this.... someone tells her to use Pork Rinds to dip in snd scoop up the pimento cheese... and Janelle is excited lol

Just what Janelle needs PORK RINDS AND PIMENTO CHEESE 🤮

Edited by Joan of Argh
added info
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If she's never heard of a banana sandwich, just wait until she figures out what Meri was doing with her bananas back in the day.

lolol I'm almost tempted to say something like... "make sure you don't get your sandwich banana from Meri"

her ass kissing followers are ridiculous they're ALL raving about pimento cheese and how clever she is!

I'm starting to think that she could wrap a dog turd in a hotdog bun, add some pimento and mustard and they'd ALL rave and compliment her like the fake idiots that they are.

• LOL 8

Someone replied to that post, “ “something in your posts always gets me motivated”. 
Me too, don’t be Janelle!

Someone else asked if she was still in real estate: “No, I left real estate with the move.”.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone replied to that post, “ “something in your posts always gets me motivated”. 
Me too, don’t be Janelle!

Someone else asked if she was still in real estate: “No, I left real estate with the move.”.

Janelle's real estate "career" was a farce.  As a former realtor myself, I was interested in her development in that field and periodically monitored the TMI Real Estate site.  As far as I could tell, Janelle sold one property listed by someone else and one home she had listed sold.  The income derived from these two transactions would have barely covered her annual RE Board fees, not to mention the cost of taking the course and licensing fees.

Monica the Broker, must have felt having SW on the masthead lent a certain cachet because she listed Christine on the roster of active members of the firm, despite the fact that Christine did not spend one day working there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Ha! So it's official, real estate was too hard for Janelle. 

My grandpa used to make pimento cheese back in the day. We had it on Ritz crackers usually. Pork rinds... Ugh. Just not a pork rind eater. 

11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Janelle's real estate "career" was a farce.  As a former realtor myself, I was interested in her development in that field and periodically monitored the TMI Real Estate site.  As far as I could tell, Janelle sold one property listed by someone else and one home she had listed sold.  The income derived from these two transactions would have barely covered her annual RE Board fees, not to mention the cost of taking the course and licensing fees.

Monica the Broker, must have felt having SW on the masthead lent a certain cachet because she listed Christine on the roster of active members of the firm, despite the fact that Christine did not spend one day working there.

I know several realtors and they all WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF.  Not to mention they're as outgoing and friendly and smiley as anyone you could ever meet. Even at 5 am. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Didn’t know pimento cheese existed? Lordy she’s stupid. And I’m sure all that will come back to haunt her and we will see another poor digestion post.

Idiot. 

I had never heard of pimento cheese until I moved to North Carolina. I have since learned that pimento cheese is a serious business. Recipes get handed down through generations and are a closely guarded secret. Feuds have started over whose pimento cheese is the best. Pimento cheese is serious business!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, neh said:

I had never heard of pimento cheese until I moved to North Carolina. I have since learned that pimento cheese is a serious business. Recipes get handed down through generations and are a closely guarded secret. Feuds have started over whose pimento cheese is the best. Pimento cheese is serious business!

Pimento cheese must have gone upscale.  The only time I recall ever eating it was back in the 1940's, Kraft made it and put it out in little decorated glasses called Swanky Swigs, with a pry off metal lid.  The glasses themselves are now quite collectible.  It seems to me that there were other flavors too, maybe dill?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Pimento cheese must have gone upscale.  The only time I recall ever eating it was back in the 1940's, Kraft made it and put it out in little decorated glasses called Swanky Swigs, with a pry off metal lid.  The glasses themselves are now quite collectible.  It seems to me that there were other flavors too, maybe dill?

Dill pimento cheese may be sacrilegious...I'll check with my neighbors. Real pimento cheese should be homemade with Duke's mayo. Red pepper flakes are considered "edgy". (Shades of Meri!!!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, neh said:

Dill pimento cheese may be sacrilegious...I'll check with my neighbors. Real pimento cheese should be homemade with Duke's mayo. Red pepper flakes are considered "edgy". (Shades of Meri!!!)

No, I didn't mean dill and pimento, I was trying to recall the other flavors that Kraft mixed with the cream cheese in the little Swanky Swig jars.

Edit to add: - I just checked google and the other flavors were Olde English and Rokka Blue.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

My grandpa made it! I didn't even know what it was called until years later.

I remember those jars! We reused them as juice glasses for years.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

My grandpa made it! I didn't even know what it was called until years later.

I remember those jars! We reused them as juice glasses for years.

Too bad we didn't think to keep them, some of those jars now sell for as much as $40.00 each!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I have one Bugs Bunny glass from ~1960; it was spared because I used it as a pencil holder and it didn't go in the dishwasher, which wore off the art.  I think Welch's Grape Jelly came in it.  We always had our morning OJ in them and fought over our favourite ones.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

Oh Lori Gottlieb is just the best. Maybe Janelle should read the book.  Ha, as if, I'm not sure she knows books exist.

Janelle is the queen of making herself look incredibly stupid and has no real hope for learning anything worthwhile.

• LOL 2
21 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Too bad we didn't think to keep them, some of those jars now sell for as much as $40.00 each!

My mother died in 2001 and left me a box full of over 100 rare pencils that are worth $40.00 each today and I'm selling them on eBay now.  No sooner do I list one and BAM.....5 minutes later it sells!  Cha-ching! 💰

That photo of Janelle's house was so depressing.....there are no words for how depressing that looked.  No wonder she's been slowly sinking and her posts getting more pathetic by the day.

I'm from the Northeast and even I've heard of and eaten pimento cheese.  This family has lived under a rock for decades and doesn't realize that the rest of the world is way more sophisticated than they are.

Janelle's real estate "career" was just as bogus as her "career" as a life coach.  Both things are just about the opposite of what someone with her personality is suited to do.  The fact that she doesn't see that reveals her lack of self awareness.

• Love 13

My mom usually both the Olde English which I didn't care for.  Our pimento cheese was homemade grated cheddar cheese, pimentos and mayo.  But You can also make it with cream cheese whipped a little with some of the liquid from the pimentos, and in some sharp cheddar.  There are other things you can add in if you choose.  I'm from Texas it was a once a week lunch growing up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/25/2019 at 9:25 PM, Sandy W said:

No, I didn't mean dill and pimento, I was trying to recall the other flavors that Kraft mixed with the cream cheese in the little Swanky Swig jars.

Edit to add: - I just checked google and the other flavors were Olde English and Rokka Blue.

We ate a lot of the Olde English growing up.  My mom even had recipes that used it.  It is still available in my local market, but the little glasses are just plain glass now--no pictures.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My mom usually both the Olde English which I didn't care for.  Our pimento cheese was homemade grated cheddar cheese, pimentos and mayo.  But You can also make it with cream cheese whipped a little with some of the liquid from the pimentos, and in some sharp cheddar.  There are other things you can add in if you choose.  I'm from Texas it was a once a week lunch growing up.

That sounds like a really good pimento cheese recipe! Every Christmas my neighbor makes his pimento cheese for me and gives me a sleeve of Ritz crackers to go with it.

• Love 4

I think there are a lot of pimiento cheese recipes out there, depending on who makes it and what their family likes.  I had never heard of it until I moved to the south many years ago.  I like some of it, not all of it.  I don't like it drippy with mayo.  I can't tell the difference between mayo brands.  Family in the Pacific Northwest are clueless about it.  Never heard of it.  I like it on waverly wafers the best.  I don't know about Janelle's corn cake.  It might look disgusting and taste good.  I would give it a try.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That photo of Janelle's house was so depressing.....there are no words for how depressing that looked.  No wonder she's been slowly sinking and her posts getting more pathetic by the day.

Yes. I thought the same thing.  At her age serotonin is more and more important.  She needs more than a facial sun bath for 5 minutes in the morning. Meanwhile all of her sister wives are in big big houses with lots of those (so scary) trees and big windows and beautiful views.  Janelle sits in that sad room being...well...sad. Based on the timing of them moving I'm assuming that she has continued the lease in her house.  Her built in frugality will stop her from moving to a nicer place now that they have settled in Flag.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Whatever “work” Janelle is doing, isn’t it lovely she gets a long weekend?

I’m not sure I want to read her post holiday ramblings.

Pretty sure we'll be hearing about the poor doggies digestive issues because no one braved the expected blizzard to get them out for a walk to tend to their business.  She should call on Christine to come over with her trusty snowblower to clear a path for them.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Whatever “work” Janelle is doing, isn’t it lovely she gets a long weekend?

I’m not sure I want to read her post holiday ramblings.

I already know what it's going to be about. 
How eating even more than usual is part of quality family time and she woke up the next morning and drank a cup of ayurvedic coffee with plenty of tumeric and went on a walk around the block with her kids. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok, who’s in on this prediction: Janelle will eat too much thanksgiving and find some new “rock star” in the next day or two to fix her digestion! 

Janelle, after a long day of meal preparation, plops herself down at the Thanksgiving day meal and unexpectedly releases the pent up gas that has been churning around in her gut for weeks.  This unfortunate turn of events clears the table and leaves Janelle alone to contemplate her next blog topic, How To Deal With Slightly Tainted Leftovers.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Janelle, after a long day of meal preparation, plops herself down at the Thanksgiving day meal and unexpectedly releases the pent up gas that has been churning around in her gut for weeks.  This unfortunate turn of events clears the table and leaves Janelle alone to contemplate her next blog topic, How To Deal With Slightly Tainted Leftovers.

Maybe she and Kootie can have a fart-off.  Much more likely than a bake-off at Janelle's house.

• LOL 7
22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

How much flour did they put in that "gravy"?

I’ve seen wallpaper paste that looked more appetizing than that abomination they’re calling gravy. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, deirdra said:

How much flour did they put in that "gravy"?

Judging by residue on the sides of that huge bowl, they must have cooked 4 or 5 turkeys to achieve that much gravy.  Possibly they used a little Bisto booster.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2