Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, neh said:

What is up with Kody's hair?

Looks like a fresh perm and a new center part.  He must spend some time to get that "lift" on both sides of the part, in hope that it disguises his receding hairline. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, deirdra said:

How much flour did they put in that "gravy"?

I thought it looked like butterscotch pudding...

When was it made!?  It's in a giant tupperware bowl with condensate on the lid....was it made last week and then microwaved?? 😲

I don't make my turkey gravy from turkey drippings...I still have the professional habit of making a vat of turkey stock at the beginning of the week or at least a day or two in advance and then making the gravy so it's ready when the turkey is resting.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She's going to CONSIDER walking in more than a foot of snow. 🙄

Yep, I call BS. I lived there when it snowed several feet and it was a struggle for me to get out and run--and I'm super dedicated. I will be shell shocked if Janelle gets out there with a pair of snow shoes and does anything at all. 

• Love 7

Pretty sure Robyn is the only one with a no shoes in the house rule. That gravy looked like baby poop. 

I prefer chicken gravy over turkey- so I make roasted chicken a week before Thanksgiving. The chicken bone broth makes good gravy and wonderful stuffing! No last minute gravy making mess either! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't even like gravy, but if I did, I'd pass on that slop.  Just yuck.

Meri had Brianna take her shoes off in her LV house.  I kind of doubt she's eased up on that rule, being Miss Persnickety.  We have a bachelor friend that insists on no shoes in his house, but I don't ask him to take his off in my house.  He's definitely OCD about neatness.

Will we get to see their Thanksgiving, complete with painted corn cans?  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

One of my husband's cousins has a box of those paper shoe covers like some furniture delivery companies use.

Whenever she throws a dinner party she opens the door and when you step inside she points to the shoe covers.

Hubby was like "hell no, I'm not walking around the party in clown shoes" so she VERY reluctantly offered that he could take off his shoes and mingle in his socks.  😂

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

Janelle could walk with Leslie Sansone videos, rain, snow, heat or shine! I love Leslie. Any of you walked with her? 

That gravy looked nasty. Was it cold?!

I have her elastic waistband thing that you use for your arms while you walk and used to do her workout every day. 👍

I've switched over to my treadmill since I broke my ankle last year but I love her routine.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Janelle could walk with Leslie Sansone videos, rain, snow, heat or shine! I love Leslie. Any of you walked with her? 

Does Leslie Sansome have a 2 minute long walking video? I reckon that's the length of Janelle's snow walk.

• LOL 6
On 11/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, laurakaye said:

Good heavens, if she wasn't stopped up before, this new cheese obsession is going to completely derail her.

And "maybe" it has been in grocery stores all this time?  Does she have ANY idea how stupid she truly sounds?  Just because it didn't come from the Fritos and Mountain Dew aisle doesn't mean it doesn't exist, Janelle!

This pimento cheese rock star find is really gonna mess with her gut.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/30/2019 at 12:59 PM, Cherry Cola said:

I had to look up Leslie Sansone.  I thought she was the Prancercise lady.  Who never fails to make me laugh!

• LOL 4
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

Nice photo of blue skies, trees & snow, but the vantage point looks like it may be from a second floor window or deck, rather than a walk in the woods.

Janelle is barely a fair weather hiker, there's no way she's going out in this. All that talk of "walking" in the snow? All BS. 

It doesn't matter where Janelle is, she will find something she hates about the weather and have an excuse to stay inside. That's what lazy, unmotivated people who want a magic pill do. 

• Love 8

On the recently-discussed topic of Janelle's depressing living room, I suspect that because it may be off-limits to the camera crew, she is too lazy to decorate "just" for herself and Savanah (and Gabriel, if he is still living at home). So sad!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why would anyone want to DRINK something that tastes like pizza?  I don't get that at all.

I won’t do it until my food consistency needs to be changed for health reasons!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

Too lazy to chew?

Maybe someone should calculate the number of calories burned by chewing and send it to her.  The next rock star would be gnawing on dried corn cobs or beef bones.

• LOL 7
13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why would anyone want to DRINK something that tastes like pizza?  I don't get that at all.

Because NUTRITION!  And GREEN!  And....rockstar!!  And..........who the hell knows, this is Janelle we're talking about. 

9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Too lazy to chew?

We have a winner!!!!

And if I'm reading her post correctly, she made a warm fruit soup smoothie??  What in the actual ----??

• LOL 12
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

That's what I was thinking... It sounds so gross.  i love you GIF

The first thing that came to mind was Willy Wonka's chewing gum meal that turned Violet into a giant blueberry. 

Even the first time I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when I was in second grade, chewing gum that tasted like tomato soup and roast beef just sounded nasty to me. And it still does.

ETA to add that one of my friends who is a boxing trainer/coach and I think in his late 20s/early 30s sells his own shake blend locally and expressly states he created it because he can't stand to eat vegetables.
I've assured him that his palate will develop over time...of course Janelle's palate was honed on peanut butter Fritos and government cheese and at 50 years old there's likely no hope of that changing. 🤔

Just flashed on that scene in "The wives diet woes" where the family is at a Chinese buffet and Janelle is listlessly picking at a plate of iceberg lettuce while a very pregnant Robyn chokes down a mouthful of noodles. 😂😂

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

On the recently-discussed topic of Janelle's depressing living room, I suspect that because it may be off-limits to the camera crew, she is too lazy to decorate "just" for herself and Savanah (and Gabriel, if he is still living at home). So sad!

If I remember correctly someone mentioned that Janelle's rental has not allowed filming, so there is zero reason to have it camera ready....ever.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

What the heck is her obsession with all things green?

Notice she’s only obsessed with them when she doesn’t feel well. Afterwards, she’s off the healthy eating wagon until she feels bad again. It’s a never ending cycle and I’ve come to the conclusion she’s too dumb to figure it out. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Notice she’s only obsessed with them when she doesn’t feel well. Afterwards, she’s off the healthy eating wagon until she feels bad again. It’s a never ending cycle and I’ve come to the conclusion she’s too dumb to figure it out. 

She never seems to feel well.  I have yet to read a post where she exultantly declares...I feel great today, this worked for me!  I doesn't inspire much confidence in a health coach when all of her musings are fraught with hesitancy and bewilderment.

It completely stymies me that people are actually paying for advice from someone that can't get it right for herself. 

• Love 13

The nourishment but also the steam from soup is what helps with colds (it doesn't have to be chicken soup), loosening up mucus & phlem, but you don't get that with a cold smoothie.  Warm anything always makes me feel cozier in winter and I rarely get sick (~1 cold every 3 yrs, usually after a flight full of coughers & sneezers).

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5

Chicken bone broth soup is full of protein and collagen which helps boost the immune system. Not difficult to make, and plenty of decent store bought brands available. I add lemon, and tons of fresh parsley and dill. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Chicken bone broth soup is full of protein and collagen which helps boost the immune system. Not difficult to make, and plenty of decent store bought brands available. I add lemon, and tons of fresh parsley and dill. 

That's it - I'm making some for dinner tonight.  I love homemade soup.

Janelle and her green goo.  Just eat the gosh-darn green veggies.  It's possible to acquire a taste for steamed veggies, and they satisfy much better, I'm certain.

• Love 9

So sad that Janelle didn't stick with anything that would actually help her.

I hope she doesn't push 60 years old, before she gets her weight down.  I'm a 3 time weight loss loser, and now that I'm old, it's finally clicked.  There are no magic fixes.  Change your eating habits like so many of us have done.  As we get older, we can't eat like we're 20 years old any more.  Eat less, move more.  

You have grandkids, Janelle.  Be around to enjoy them.  

• Love 10
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

So sad that Janelle didn't stick with anything that would actually help her.

I hope she doesn't push 60 years old, before she gets her weight down.  I'm a 3 time weight loss loser, and now that I'm old, it's finally clicked.  There are no magic fixes.  Change your eating habits like so many of us have done.  As we get older, we can't eat like we're 20 years old any more.  Eat less, move more.  

You have grandkids, Janelle.  Be around to enjoy them.  

It's that simple. One just has to accept it and stick with it, which Janelle never does. She doesn't just hop off the wagon, she plays musical wagons. It'll never work for he without consistency. 

And I get it. It's challenging and sometimes you feel like it's "not fair"; my own metabolism took a dump in recent years. I got injured and gained a little weight and it sucked. I'm back to fit levels now, but I have to watch every little thing I eat and stay consistently plant based, whole food, water only. Even training for a marathon my caloric levels don't exceed 2,000 (I'll adjust if needed). I can only imagine what Janelle's metabolism is like since she doesn't seem to DO anything and goes out to eat A LOT. 

CONSISTENCY, Janelle, not eating out and then throwing a dart at a board of "rockstar" potions to undo what you've been doing to yourself for years. 

• Love 7