Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, deirdra said:

And judging from the menu in Savannah's birthday dinner photo, they are eating fried, processed starch again.

Yeah, I was trying to ID the chain restaurant they're at. Applebee's? TGI Fridays? Red Robin? Golden corral?

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah, I was trying to ID the chain restaurant they're at. Applebee's? TGI Fridays? Red Robin? Golden corral?

It must be a place with a varied menu.  I saw an expanded version of the photo on another site and there was what seemed to be a man's arm holding chopsticks sitting beside Kody.  I thought maybe Gabe?

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 2

Will wonders never cease?  Here is Kootie, with one of his spawn, who I would bet money he doesn't visit once a week.

Savanah is a pretty girl.  She seems like she's an introvert, and I know what that's like.  I still don't know why Maddie excluded her from her wedding party, and that had to have hurt.  I hope Savanah had a fun evening out.

• Love 11
On 12/7/2019 at 7:02 PM, xwordfanatik said:

So sad that Janelle didn't stick with anything that would actually help her.

I hope she doesn't push 60 years old, before she gets her weight down.  I'm a 3 time weight loss loser, and now that I'm old, it's finally clicked.  There are no magic fixes.  Change your eating habits like so many of us have done.  As we get older, we can't eat like we're 20 years old any more.  Eat less, move more.  

You have grandkids, Janelle.  Be around to enjoy them.  

I'm struggling with my weight right now, 55 gone through menopause and I basically have to starve myself to lose weight and walk 10 miles a day to budge any weight.  I only need to lose about 50-60 pounds.  But I agree.  She/we shouldn't wait to long to get to a better healthy state.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Will wonders never cease?  Here is Kootie, with one of his spawn, who I would bet money he doesn't visit once a week.

Savanah is a pretty girl.  She seems like she's an introvert, and I know what that's like.  I still don't know why Maddie excluded her from her wedding party, and that had to have hurt.  I hope Savanah had a fun evening out.

Agreed. She is a pretty girl.  That episode broke my heart and made me dislike Madison.  Especially when they interviewed Savanah during the hustle and bustle of the bridesmaids getting ready.  She seemed left out 😞

• Love 2

Looks good, unless you have a legume allergy (soy, snowpeas, peanut).  Or thyroid problems caused by all the goitrogens (cabbage, tofu, snowpeas, peanut).  Let us know how you feel later today, Janelle.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Stefphill said:

Agreed. She is a pretty girl.  That episode broke my heart and made me dislike Madison.  Especially when they interviewed Savanah during the hustle and bustle of the bridesmaids getting ready.  She seemed left out 😞

You know, she might not have wanted to be a bridesmaid.  I never wanted to when asked.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Uhhh... those veggies appear to be uncooked, yet the wok appears to have cooked food stuck all over it. So is this an unwashed wok she is planning to cook in? No wonder she has "digestive issues." Ugh!

I am going with prop photo.  She lunched on a Double Baconater with a side of fries but that isn't a STRIVE worthy photo.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Stefphill said:

Look at Savannah waiting for her turn 😢 The clip ends right before Garrison walks towards Robyn and Ari.  Savannah doesn't get a hug. 

6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am going with prop photo. 

I agree. Her photos of food are ordinarily eerily reminiscent of vomit.  This looks bright and appetizing so no way it came from her camera.

• Love 8

I was one of a two child family, and I felt inadequate.  I just can't wrap my head around being one of 13, or 18 when Robyn's kids came along.  

Logan was a father figure to his siblings, no doubt.  Sad that the least outspoken of this family were probably ignored a lot.  Multiple mommies doesn't seem to help in that regard.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Uhhh... those veggies appear to be uncooked, yet the wok appears to have cooked food stuck all over it. So is this an unwashed wok she is planning to cook in? No wonder she has "digestive issues." Ugh!

thats exactly what i was thinking... why is that wok so crusty looking.. 🤢

My wok is well used and has the look of a well used wok but it doesn't look dirty like that mess.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I was one of a two child family, and I felt inadequate.  I just can't wrap my head around being one of 13, or 18 when Robyn's kids came along.  

Logan was a father figure to his siblings, no doubt.  Sad that the least outspoken of this family were probably ignored a lot.  Multiple mommies doesn't seem to help in that regard.

That's the part that always gets me about polygamy in general

The dude is treated like a king and has women and children falling all over him and the wives scramble between 3 or 4  for their share of attention but the kids are the ones who really suffer because they have a literal crowd of 15, 20, 30 kids all looking for whatever amount of attention is available.

I think it's even worse with Kootie because he obviously plays favorites on top of everything else.

blech... not a lifestyle I would chose for my children ☹️

Edited by Joan of Argh
spelling
  • Love 11

Savannah was the baby of the family longer than any of her siblings - 3.33 yrs before Truely came along.  I hope she got some pampering before Robyn & her kids arrived.  Though that was when Kootie manufactured the 'crisis' that led to abandoning the Lehi house and moving multiple times.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

One of the episodes of the UK "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" featured a "chef" who cooked everything on the same cast iron plancha griddle without ever cleaning it. I guess he thought everything would just burn off and be harmless. 🙄

37 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Savannah was the baby of the family longer than any of her siblings - 3.33 yrs before Truely came along.  I hope she got some pampering before Robyn & her kids arrived.  Though that was when Kootie manufactured the 'crisis' that led to abandoning the Lehi house and moving multiple times.

Oh, I'm sure that Janelle handed her off to Christine and Logan as quickly as she could so she could get back to her desk job and coffee.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Savannah is the one in the navy or black T-shirt to the right of the arrow before you start the video.

You would expect him to make a bee-line for his baby sister the first thing he walked into the room.  I noticed twice in the film, she thought she was next and could see the excited anticipation on her face, then disappointment, then gamely got excited again.....

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am going with prop photo.  She lunched on a Double Baconater with a side of fries but that isn't a STRIVE worthy photo.

Oh, for sure.  I can't imagine for one hot second that Janelle, after being sick for 10 days, was craving tofu, of all things.  That is so far from her wheelhouse, it might as well be in another universe.  Nice try, Janelle.  Enjoy your large Frosty with that Baconater.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

20560F5F-4489-467D-91B1-EEBED89E3F8E.jpeg

905CCC88-2F65-4E8A-B035-A88EF2CB75EF.jpeg

That totally looks like something I would enjoy. Thank goodness I'm not allergic to peanuts, but I do need to be careful with gluten in sauces. I give her a point for this one (let's pray she doesn't drown it in sauce, however). 

• Love 5
On 12/4/2019 at 11:49 AM, Sandy W said:

She never seems to feel well.  I have yet to read a post where she exultantly declares...I feel great today, this worked for me!  I doesn't inspire much confidence in a health coach when all of her musings are fraught with hesitancy and bewilderment.

It completely stymies me that people are actually paying for advice from someone that can't get it right for herself. 

I agree. She seems to get sick several times a month. Either she has a physical issue she needs to get checked out, or she is depressed and has low immunity from stress. That would need to be addressed too. There's a pattern: I'm sick and stuck inside. I will throw together something green or orange to photograph. Finally, I feel better. I should go outside or do some exercise. Oops. I'm sick and stuck inside. Rinse and repeat. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I agree. She seems to get sick several times a month. Either she has a physical issue she needs to get checked out, or she is depressed and has low immunity from stress. That would need to be addressed too. There's a pattern: I'm sick and stuck inside. I will throw together something green or orange to photograph. Finally, I feel better. I should go outside or do some exercise. Oops. I'm sick and stuck inside. Rinse and repeat. 

Janelle needs a complete workup by a qualified Physician to root out any underlying causes for her apparent malaise and if it's diabetes or thyroid or whatever, get it treated and follow the professional course of action.  Then she should be directed to a Nutritionist and a Psychologist to determine the underlying cause for her lack of real results.  All this self-prescribed trial and error is getting her nowhere and I am shocked that she has any followers at all, given her negative progress and attitude.  I can only assume that any that subscribe to her phone advice are those looking for validation and comforting commiseration.

• Love 14

Someone like Janelle, with a huge pendulous abdomen, should avoid tofu and soy. Why doesn’t Janelle see a nutritionist and get a prescribed diet? Oh, yeah, she would have to actually work at something and follow a restricted diet. 😫

• Love 10

I maintain that part of the issue is that they have no insurance. A full medical workup is bound to run into some serious coin. I think they save their money for vacations and other crap and hope for the best with their health. That will bite them in the ass at some point. Well, I guess it already has. We've heard about outstanding bills from hospitals.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I maintain that part of the issue is that they have no insurance. A full medical workup is bound to run into some serious coin. I think they save their money for vacations and other crap and hope for the best with their health. That will bite them in the ass at some point. Well, I guess it already has. We've heard about outstanding bills from hospitals.

Their money choices are beyond understanding.  They must be spending bucks on that quack scoliosis treatment for one of the daughters, but maybe the wives don't merit medical care unless it's Robyn delivering in a hospital. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Janelle needs a complete workup by a qualified Physician to root out any underlying causes for her apparent malaise and if it's diabetes or thyroid or whatever, get it treated and follow the professional course of action.  Then she should be directed to a Nutritionist and a Psychologist to determine the underlying cause for her lack of real results.  All this self-prescribed trial and error is getting her nowhere and I am shocked that she has any followers at all, given her negative progress and attitude.  I can only assume that any that subscribe to her phone advice are those looking for validation and comforting commiseration.

I think she is looking for a quick fix for weight loss and jumps on every band wagon to see if it will work.  I read a vlog about a guy who was trying out numerous diets to see which one worked best.  I think he did each one for two weeks.  I believe he lost a total of 35 pounds.  He said he lost weight on each one, but the closer he got to his goal weight, the less he lost.  But basically they all worked for a little while.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think she is looking for a quick fix for weight loss and jumps on every band wagon to see if it will work.  I read a vlog about a guy who was trying out numerous diets to see which one worked best.  I think he did each one for two weeks.  I believe he lost a total of 35 pounds.  He said he lost weight on each one, but the closer he got to his goal weight, the less he lost.  But basically they all worked for a little while.  

I think Janelle just lacks motivation...

Switching plans so you don't get bored makes sense to me! 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6

It sounds like the birth of "Miss Evie K"  (that name sounds like a lounge singer) was filmed for the show.

ETA: just noticed you guys are already discussing this in SNARK thread, I need to catch up!  🙂

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 7

Did Kody say Robyn is only getting everybody else's tablescraps!?!  Did I really hear him say that? OMG,talk about deaf, dumb, and blind! Robyn must wear his balls as an ankle bracelet.

And Kody, a speedo is not your best friend.  On a man your age and with your kids hanging around you looked vulgar. Can you not have a smidgen of class or decorum?  Just gross.  😞

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
Just now, Rabbit Hutch said:

Did Kody say Robyn is only getting everybody else's tablescraps!?!  Did I really hear him say that? OMG,talk about deaf, dumb, and blind! Robyn must wear his balls as an ankle bracelet.

And Kody, a speedo is not your best friend.  On a man your age and with your kids hanging around you looked vulgar. Can you not have a smidgen of class or decorum?  Just gross.  😞

Kootie thinks he is all that, God's gift to women, and he looks ridiculous!  DGIH, what an assclown he is.  I can't wait to snark on all of these narcissistic wackos and all their crap!

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kootie thinks he is all that, God's gift to women, and he looks ridiculous!  DGIH, what an assclown he is.  I can't wait to snark on all of these narcissistic wackos and all their crap!

I'm with you, hun.  I don't really care about many of the main players on the show, but I LOVE the snark and guffaws I get to share with you and the rest of the folks in this forum.  Let's bring it on, COLs and all the rest of y'all!  😄

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Yes, indeed, and Kootie seemed to imply that the other wives were jealous of her getting all the table scraps.   What happened to the principle of modesty? That stagnant muddy "pond" next to the prairie dog plague flats would have me worrying about picking up some parasite or bacterial infection.

• Love 16

I guess Modesty doesn’t count when it comes to Kody and his undies LOL.  I could see Kody complaining Meri always wanted more, more, more, but he’s having the conversation with the wrong wife.  Robyn and Meri get the most, Janelle and Christine get the least which sucks because for many years Janelle was footing at least half the bills and Christine was raising all the kids.

p.s.  I hope they tested that water for the plague!  Poor prairie dogs.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, deirdra said:

That stagnant muddy "pond" next to the prairie dog plague flats would have me worrying about picking up some parasite or bacterial infection.

Me too.. yuck!

When Gwen went running diving into the pond it was such a  nothing sandwich that I laughed out loud!

Kootie cheered her on and the water only came up to her waist. 😂

And Omg someone where r we storing the brain bleach??? My eyes are FRIED after seeing Kootie in a speedo!!!!!  😲

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

That nasty, muddy puddle...yuck.  You couldn't pay me to jump into that.  It's got to be just runoff from the surrounding land, who knows what's in it.

And I threw up a little in my mouth at the sight of Kootie in his thong.  That was just horrific.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

What a bunch of crap in that video. 
I don't live in Flagstaff but I'm guessing the neighbors are pissed because they don't want all the film crew and paparazzi around their peaceful community. 
Also, I still believe that one of the reasons for up and moving from Vegas was largely due to the untenable nature of living in such close proximity to each other. 
I interpreted the "table scraps" comment as saying that Kody was giving Robyn all the attention.  "I was already giving you everybody else's table scraps, Robyn. Do you think that's fair?" 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

That stagnant muddy "pond" next to the prairie dog plague flats would have me worrying about picking up some parasite or bacterial infection.

AMEN!  I shivered when I saw the kids diving into that holding pond. There's not a lick of sense between the adults.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

AMEN!  I shivered when I saw the kids diving into that holding pond. There's not a lick of sense between the adults.

Kody all full of himself, shouting "we OWN this!!!", as if a muddy run-off holding pond justifies spending $800,000 on land they will probably never build on and after the publicity about the diseased prairie dogs, will never be able to sell for close to what they paid.

Even if Janelle feels it was worthwhile to ignore the needs of her kids to gain a fishing hole, I doubt anything could live in that bacteria infested sludge and if anything did live there, it would not be edible.  Too bad for them, they may have to find other ways to supplement their food budget.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It sounds like the birth of "Miss Evie K"  (that name sounds like a lounge singer) was filmed for the show.

ETA: just noticed you guys are already discussing this in SNARK thread, I need to catch up!  🙂

Another birth? Oh FFS. Waste of time. 

I am, however, hoping for some much needed drama amongst these idiots. I love that Kody is unwilling to try to work things out with Meri because she cannot let go of being a "victim"--TRUTH. Meri had a role; she will never admit to it, not even to herself. After all these years most people would have had a moment of introspection where they admitted their role in something, but not Meri. She's as victim-y and disagreeable as ever. 

The "table scraps" comment was priceless. I only hope this season actually produces drama versus giving us a few scenes of it in the previews. 

• Love 15

I just flashed on all those articles I've read over the past 20 years about the crap that's in those runoff ponds. 

Janelle will probably stock it with garbage fish like carp. If they can even live there...there's a runoff pond next to one of the bike paths around here and in the summer months it dries up completely.

• Love 6

Who, I ask you, jumps into a runoff pond full of dirty water that you cannot see through?  I mean, there could be rusted pipes down there, sharp rocks, garbage, etc.  Is this the body of water that Janelle pictures herself sittin' by, in her plastic fold-up chair, a fishing pole in her hand and a bag of Doritos on her lap?

But I'm with all of you.  I cannot wait for the snarking to begin anew.  This is gonna be fun. 😎

• Love 17