Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I guess Modesty doesn’t count when it comes to Kody and his undies LOL.

Silly Panda!  MEN don't have to be modest.  THEY are powerful and wise.  Women, as their possessions, should be modest to avoid attracting undue attention from other men.  It would be confusing for the poor things.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Did Kody say Robyn is only getting everybody else's tablescraps!?!  Did I really hear him say that? OMG,talk about deaf, dumb, and blind! Robyn must wear his balls as an ankle bracelet.

And Kody, a speedo is not your best friend.  On a man your age and with your kids hanging around you looked vulgar. Can you not have a smidgen of class or decorum?  Just gross.  😞

The Browns need to understand the viewers aren't as stupid as they are.  We can see Robyn has been the favored wife since she sauntered in in her Victoria Secret jammies (in tall, long legs doncha know!).  

Oh god no!  Cover it up Kodester.

14 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yes, indeed, and Kootie seemed to imply that the other wives were jealous of her getting all the table scraps.   What happened to the principle of modesty? That stagnant muddy "pond" next to the prairie dog plague flats would have me worrying about picking up some parasite or bacterial infection.

That "pond" has to be animal excrement soup.  Perhaps all the inbreeding in the Plyg culture has diminished their IQ's.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Random question:  has Janelle ever talked about her Strive business on the show?  Historically I've been a very casual viewer, so I may have just missed it.

By the way, the new season will be the first time I'll be watching and snarking with all of you  in real time,.  

Do we live chat this show?

• Love 12

@toodles I thought of you immediately watching that bit when Janelle was trudging around the Vegas cuddle sac with her Open House signs with her VO saying how she was driving up from Flagstaff every weekend to "run the open houses". 

😂🤔

And ETA to say also on Dayton remarking that the neighbors were watching them move in - What did they expect? Even if they weren't famous, there's curiosity when a new family moves in.  They'd be pissed if there WASN'T any interest.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

And ETA to say also on Dayton remarking that the neighbors were watching them move in - What did they expect? Even if they weren't famous, there's curiosity when a new family moves in.  They'd be pissed if there WASN'T any interest.

And of course the neighbours would have seen the TV cameras and lights. Who wouldn't wonder what was going on?

They had 17 trucks, vans & cars outside of Robyn's 7 bedroom house in a nice-looking neighbourhood and the neighbours were probably worried that all ~26 of them and several dogs were moving into that one house, not knowing that Pudge, Sludge, Maddie, Caleb, Axelbrush and some of the older boys weren't staying in town and there were 3 other houses.. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And of course the neighbours would have seen the TV cameras and lights. Who wouldn't wonder what was going on?

They had 17 trucks, vans & cars outside of Robyn's 7 bedroom house in a nice-looking neighbourhood and the neighbours were probably worried that all ~26 of them and several dogs were moving into that one house, not knowing that Pudge, Sludge, Maddie, Caleb, Axelbrush and some of the older boys weren't staying in town and there were 3 other houses.. 

In my neighborhood, street parking is scarce. You can bet your sweet bippy that with all those vehicles, the entire 'hood' would be up in arms and extremely pissed off with phone calls to the parking police!

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Kody restrained himself and didn't use his normal opening gambit..."Hi I'm Kody Brown and these are my wiveSSS".  Then rock back on his heels smirking and waiting for reaction.

He did however, gratuitously announce "Gather up all you Brown kids".  He just can't stop himself from showboating.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

@toodles I thought of you immediately watching that bit when Janelle was trudging around the Vegas cuddle sac with her Open House signs with her VO saying how she was driving up from Flagstaff every weekend to "run the open houses". 

😂🤔

Well thank you. 

Janelle is quite the dynamo at selling houses. 

It takes a lot of skill to stare at your phone and pretty much ignore all the people who come to your open house.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Kody restrained himself and didn't use his normal opening gambit..."Hi I'm Kody Brown and these are my wiveSSS".  Then rock back on his heels smirking and waiting for reaction.

He did however, gratuitously announce "Gather up all you Brown kids".  He just can't stop himself from showboating.

They always assume that neighbors watch  them because they're polygamists and they're being persecuted by small minded people...  🙄

It never occurs to them that maybe they're a just a bunch of ASSHOLES and tend to impeach on their neighbors privacy and peaceful surroundings.... not to mention they probably park their junker cars everywhere... and who knows what kinds of shenanigans all the kids get up to?

No one gives a shit about their polygamy nonsense. 

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • Love 20

Boy, Janelle lost a lot of weight and became a brunette!

Oh, wait.....THAT'S not Janelle!  Hahaha, oh girl, you got me! 🙄

As always - here are some vague tips.  If you want the details, look them up yourself.  These fish aren't going to catch themselves.  Peace out.

• LOL 18
22 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just flashed on all those articles I've read over the past 20 years about the crap that's in those runoff ponds. 

Janelle will probably stock it with garbage fish like carp. If they can even live there...there's a runoff pond next to one of the bike paths around here and in the summer months it dries up completely.

The realtor girl who was showing them around mentioned that if they wanted it as a pond they would have to line it...because it is only a run off ditch.  I don't know about Arizona but if they want to purposely turn it into a pond and stock it with fish they may have to go through fish and wildlife agencies as well as water and environment agencies.  And then the whole home owners insurance issue since a pond/water attracts people to your property like a swimming pool and brings rules.

But...as with the whole Big House theory...who cares about reality and building codes etc. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

They always assume that neighbors watch  them because they're polygamists and they're being persecuted by small minded people...  🙄

It never occurs to them that maybe they're a just a bunch of ASSHOLES and tend to impeach on their neighbors privacy and peaceful surroundings.... not to mention they probably park their junker cars everywhere... and who knows what kinds of shenanigans all the kids get up to?

No one gives a shit about their polygamy nonsense. 

THIS.  THIS. THIS.

I know that if I had bought an expensive home in what could be considered an expensive, remotish, resort-type area, just full of peace, quiet, nature, and privacy, the LAST THING I would want is this circus moving in next to me.  ☹

I have nothing against Mormons, and from what I gather these kids are generally well-behaved, it's just that a family of this size is still a lot for any neighborhood to tolerate and accommodate.  Especially these 4 silly wives, one idiotic husband, 19 children a coming and a going, and various grandkids popping in and out.  It would be more than I could take. 😠

Noise pollution, car pollution, privacy diminishment, and the general peace of the neighborhood obliterated would be enough for me to have the HOA president on speed dial.  It's either that or go postal.😡🤪

Which is a very good reason they should've stayed in the cult-de-sac, where they were cordoned off in their own little subdivision, and leaving everyone else the heck alone.  What's amazing to me is the unbelievable lack of self-awareness of what their group brings any neighborhood they clomp on into in the first place. 

Persecution is forever first on their minds, not that perhaps the neighbors have an excellent reason to be staring in aghast at their arrival(s).  How about some self-reflection, Brown clowns?!?  How about attempting to see the other side of things?  How about trying to allay your new neighbor's fears? Sheesh. 🤨

COL rant over.  Now, back to our regularly scheduled snarking! 😁

• Love 21
54 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

The realtor girl who was showing them around mentioned that if they wanted it as a pond they would have to line it...because it is only a run off ditch.  I don't know about Arizona but if they want to purposely turn it into a pond and stock it with fish they may have to go through fish and wildlife agencies as well as water and environment agencies.  And then the whole home owners insurance issue since a pond/water attracts people to your property like a swimming pool and brings rules.

But...as with the whole Big House theory...who cares about reality and building codes etc. 

Not just people, but mosquitoes aplenty. 

Which is why I'm thankful that our county has a very strong Mosquito Abatement program.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

THIS.  THIS. THIS.

I know that if I had bought an expensive home in what could be considered an expensive, remotish, resort-type area, just full of peace, quiet, nature, and privacy, the LAST THING I would want is this circus moving in next to me.  ☹

I have nothing against Mormons, and from what I gather these kids are generally well-behaved, it's just that a family of this size is still a lot for any neighborhood to tolerate and accommodate.  Especially these 4 silly wives, one idiotic husband, 19 children a coming and a going, and various grandkids popping in and out.  It would be more than I could take. 😠

Noise pollution, car pollution, privacy diminishment, and the general peace of the neighborhood obliterated would be enough for me to have the HOA president on speed dial.  It's either that or go postal.😡🤪

Which is a very good reason they should've stayed in the cult-de-sac, where they were cordoned off in their own little subdivision, and leaving everyone else the heck alone.  What's amazing to me is the unbelievable lack of self-awareness of what their group brings any neighborhood they clomp on into in the first place. 

Persecution is forever first on their minds, not that perhaps the neighbors have an excellent reason to be staring in aghast at their arrival(s).  How about some self-reflection, Brown clowns?!?  How about attempting to see the other side of things?  How about trying to allay your new neighbor's fears? Sheesh. 🤨

Oh, I'm CERTAIN that their former neighbors in the Vegas Cul-de-sac are really enjoying the serenity following the Brown evacuation. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

Where is this mud-filled runoff pond located in conjunction with their homes?  And I know that the women initially lived all over Flagstaff - are their individual homes now closer to each other?  I have no idea what the heck they're doing anymore.  I am just bummed that they won't be forced to live in the same house and share a  - GASP - kitchen!!!

And when you consider what it is they DO share, a kitchen doesn't sound that bad.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I can’t help laughing at the recent comments of these chucklepucks - first Kody is talking about “ the short end of the stick”, and now Janelle is saying she needs to open her hips......🥴

Did he actually say stick? 

It sounded as though TLC bleeped it out for some reason while ol Kody was hopping around bringing the fake drama just like ol' Yosemite Sam. 
Its all being done for ratings. They know weddings don't bring the big ratings so now it's jumping in manure filled ditches (betting they have a baptism in there at some point - ugh) and admitting that the wives can't stand to be around each other for long. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Boy, Janelle lost a lot of weight and became a brunette!

Oh, wait.....THAT'S not Janelle!  Hahaha, oh girl, you got me! 🙄

Personally, I'm thrilled that she used a stock photo.  🙂  While scrolling through the hip manifesto I was bracing myself for the inevitable off-center, blurry photo of a banged up foam roller on a dirty carpet at the end.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

This is random but while watching the preview for the next season (I am shamefully excited 😏) I noticed Janelle may have gotten a nose piercing? Around the 1 minute 28 seconds mark. Seems funny especially with Mariah's septum piercing picture. Maybe they got them together haha. 

• LOL 2
18 minutes ago, Easy E said:

This is random but while watching the preview for the next season (I am shamefully excited 😏) I noticed Janelle may have gotten a nose piercing? Around the 1 minute 28 seconds mark. Seems funny especially with Mariah's septum piercing picture. Maybe they got them together haha. 

It's a little high for a jewel nostril piercing, I think it's a bead of sweat and no wonder, I'd be sweating too if I were any one of them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I just talked about this in the Spoiler/Spec thread. I'm in AZ. Those ponds are for run-off and it may have been installed to prevent damage on other properties. But yes, it needs to be drained, dug out and lined. Install a water source with a filtering pump. Those ponds are full of everything, since water runs across the surface, as well as water peculating up from the water table. If they want to stock it, they need to make sure that no water or fish can escape the pond.

Janelle, if you don't want your hips to hurt, maybe loose a pound or 75. Does she not understand that as we age, things start hurting, won't bend/unbend or back up? Keeping a reasonable weight and eating a reasonable diet goes a long way in helping. Checking in with a trainer who is aware of a person's condition and injuries isn't "possibly a good option". It is absolutely necessary. 

Janelle has a small flesh-colored mole on the side of her nose.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

THIS.  THIS. THIS.

You said it better than I did!  👍

It's always the narrow minded bigoted neighbors persecuting them for their strongly held *cough* religious beliefs. 

A couple ladies on the "fans of reality TV" site took a drive to see the Vegas cult-de-sac when the Brown's still lived there and they said the main gate was propped open with a couple cement building blocks and apparently the Brown's did that regularly for filming and other family occasions.... Others who went there at various times were surprised to see the same thing.

I guess the Brown's figured since they owned the majority of houses in the cult-de-sac that it was basically theirs to do with as they pleased and if they want the security gate wide open too bad for anyone else.... IIRC there's 7 houses in the cult-de-sac and they owned 4.

Can you imagine the cars, vans, trucks, film crews, equipment, commotion, noise and continuous comings and goings of various family members... Etc.... I bet the neighbors threw a party when the Browns rolled out of town. 🎉 😄😁

Poor Flagstaff 😲

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I can’t help laughing at the recent comments of these chucklepucks - first Kody is talking about “ the short end of the stick”, and now Janelle is saying she needs to open her hips......🥴

Lol I didn't notice Kody saying that but I did chuckle as Janelle went on and on about how TIGHT her hips are and how she needs to loosen them!

I was thinking wow she's really trying to send her Tarzan a message!!... I guess seeing kootie half naked, beating his chest and roaring like an ape gave Janelle the vapors... She needs a fainting couch. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

The clip of Robyn and Kody pretending to argue was so cute.  I wonder, did Robyn write the script?  How many times did they practice it before they performed it in front of Janelle and Christine?  Because give me a break, please.  Robyn's theatrical yelling and protesting and crying for Kody to give Meri the time of day was a real knee-slapper.  I can't wait to see the extended version of this play: "Robyn Pretends to Give a Crap About Someone Not Named Robyn."  Coming to TLC January 5.  Get the good popcorn and the cheap wine ready!

• LOL 14
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

THIS.  THIS. THIS.

This disruption would not be tolerated in any of the places I have lived.  Someone with their persecution complex also would be a giant pain in the ass should you complain.  Between their 5 million cars that work, their 2 million that don't, the film crew, it sounds like they are going to seriously jank up anywhere they move.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

This disruption would not be tolerated in any of the places I have lived.  Someone with their persecution complex also would be a giant pain in the ass should you complain.  Between their 5 million cars that work, their 2 million that don't, the film crew, it sounds like they are going to seriously jank up anywhere they move.

UNLESS they move to a remote location like his dad's ranch or maybe one of those polygamist towns but then they wouldn't be speshul and they'd be away from Starbucks and the mall.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 12/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, ginger90 said:

The clip:

Wow, the Browns are really selling polygamy as a happy lifestyle choice. I'm going to tell Mr. Grey to start shopping for a second wife right away!

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 22
4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Janelle has a small flesh-colored mole on the side of her nose.

Let's not forget the ever-growing mole just above her mouth, which she either generally filters out and/or covers with makeup. 

Both my mom and niece are light-skinned. Fortunately, they haven't had any facial growths but moles are carefully monitored by their doctor/dermatologist and SPF used all the time. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

And this is exactly why the Flagstaff neighbors are giving them the stink-eye.  As was stated before, they don't care about the polygamy crap - it's the media circus that comes along with the Browns "careers" of being "reality stars". (barf) 

Plus Flag has a plyg population and is a liberal town. It was (and kinda still is) a hippy college town. They are used to folks living all kinds of different lifestyles.

People living in million dollar homes don't want a media circus or looky-loos right next door.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

The clip of Robyn and Kody pretending to argue was so cute.  I wonder, did Robyn write the script?  How many times did they practice it before they performed it in front of Janelle and Christine?  Because give me a break, please.  Robyn's theatrical yelling and protesting and crying for Kody to give Meri the time of day was a real knee-slapper.  I can't wait to see the extended version of this play: "Robyn Pretends to Give a Crap About Someone Not Named Robyn."  Coming to TLC January 5.  Get the good popcorn and the cheap wine ready!

THIS, A million times!

I love how Robyn's script has her playing the long suffering wife who continously sacrifices herself for the fambly.

She never complains, patiently accepts table scraps and defends mean old Meri only to have Kody shout at her.... She's a saint.

In the scene with Meri mouthing off.... Robyn asks if she can speak.... So polite.

Even in the scene with the supposed neighbors watching them it's Meri screeching about polygamy while Robyn calmly looks out the window with a solemn expression... Concerned for her family. 🙄

I also love how Robyn's script includes her wailing 😩 how polygamy makes her feel "disenfranchised"....  Wow look at the big vocabulary on Robyn!!! 🙄

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

A couple ladies on the "fans of reality TV" site took a drive to see the Vegas cult-de-sac when the Brown's still lived there and they said the main gate was propped open with a couple cement building blocks and apparently the Brown's did that regularly for filming and other family occasions.... Others who went there at various times were surprised to see the same thing.

I guess the Brown's figured since they owned the majority of houses in the cult-de-sac that it was basically theirs to do with as they pleased and if they want the security gate wide open too bad for anyone else.... IIRC there's 7 houses in the cult-de-sac and they owned 4.

The area behind the propped open gate was the equivalent of two cul-de-sacs.  One on the north end, and the Browns on the south end.  There were a total of 9 houses behind the gate, of which the Browns owned 4.

At one point, Kody was elected head of the HOA.  I suspect - with no proof - that the "power" that came with that meant that the others in the community had a lot of stuff shoved down their throats - like propped open gates and hordes of media vehicles.  When Kody was voted out and the new leadership was voted in, perhaps the rest of the residents put their feet down and hassled the Browns whenever they pulled their stunts.  And - all of a sudden - Kody feels the need to move.

• Useful 6
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The area behind the propped open gate was the equivalent of two cul-de-sacs.  One on the north end, and the Browns on the south end.  There were a total of 9 houses behind the gate, of which the Browns owned 4.

At one point, Kody was elected head of the HOA.  I suspect - with no proof - that the "power" that came with that meant that the others in the community had a lot of stuff shoved down their throats - like propped open gates and hordes of media vehicles.  When Kody was voted out and the new leadership was voted in, perhaps the rest of the residents put their feet down and hassled the Browns whenever they pulled their stunts.  And - all of a sudden - Kody feels the need to move.

That's what I think. About that whole HOA president thing. Do you think Kody was actually voted out? Or did he step down from the POHOA when they sold? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

That's what I think. About that whole HOA president thing. Do you think Kody was actually voted out? Or did he step down from the POHOA when they sold? 

I think he was no longer president BEFORE they put the houses up for sale.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Poor Robin is getting the short end of the stick-- wahhhh.   Kody sure is spreading the alternative facts--probably believes it too.  Two parallel universes going on here. 

The giveaway that Robin's scene was scripted was when she said "disenfranchised," because she would never use a four syllable word like that off the cuff.

Meri used the word "frickin" twice in this short little clip, imagine how often she drops the F-bomb when the cameras aren't rolling.  

THANK YOU GINGER for the clip, and all the instagrams you post  here!  I forgot how much I love watching this show🥴

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I thought Kody was saying shitty end of the stick, but maybe because they were floating around a prairie dog dung pool.  With that said, I’ll at least say Kody has gotten in shape for a 50 whatever year old guy, but he could have kept his clothes on.  I find it funny Kody was the HOA President somehow I cant imagine them ever paying dues LOL

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Plus Flag has a plyg population and is a liberal town. It was (and kinda still is) a hippy college town. They are used to folks living all kinds of different lifestyles.

People living in million dollar homes don't want a media circus or looky-loos right next door.

When the listing was posted for Meri's first Flag home, I think it said no students.  The person renting to Robyn probably thought wife, hubby & 5 kids would be more "normal"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I thought Kody was saying shitty end of the stick, but maybe because they were floating around a prairie dog dung pool.  With that said, I’ll at least say Kody has gotten in shape for a 50 whatever year old guy, but he could have kept his clothes on.  I find it funny Kody was the HOA President somehow I cant imagine them ever paying dues LOL

I don’t think Kody’s ever been OUT of shape, really.  Sometimes he shows a pot belly but he’s sooooo into his own looks that I think that staying in shape is a priority.

Plus, he’s totally sucking in his gut in that shot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don’t think Kody’s ever been OUT of shape, really.  Sometimes he shows a pot belly but he’s sooooo into his own looks that I think that staying in shape is a priority.

Plus, he’s totally sucking in his gut in that shot.

I agree, I actually meant I thought he looks in better shape than a few seasons back.  He was never out of shape imo.  Just a few pounds around the middle and he seems to have dropped those.  Honestly besides his wayward hair and somewhat beady eyes, he’s a nice looking guy....he could have kept his pants on in the pond/mud puddle though or just not jump in a trash pond at all.

In their younger years I thought he and Janelle were the best looking pair.  I liked her hair color/style back then and she looked like she had at least an ounce of energy.  In the current years, I think he and Christine look the best.  Christine has great hair and losing a few pounds made her look better imo although I think she lost maybe 10 pounds too much.  Meri has always looked like a piece of beef jerky or a fruit roll up to me.    I don’t know if she has bad skin or cheap makeup, and the eyebrows don’t help.  Robyn isn’t ugly but her jawline reminds me of Quagmire from Family guy.  It’s totally out of proportion.

• Love 11