Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, toodles said:

Every time I think kody couldn't look any worse, he surpasses my expectations. Gahhh.

Ditto.  He's the worst looking in the family.  And dear Meri is still 'livingmywhy."  She's made LLR her reason for being.  Ugh.

• Love 6

Does Kody own a mirror? He's such a narcissist I'm figuring he must have at least one in every room.  Maybe he's all out of light bulbs. Or he needs glasses.  

... because it's not possible to look into a functioning mirror with a working set of eyeballs in decent light and think you look okay like that.  That you are all set to go out in public and have your picture taken. He looks like SHIT.  But I have the feeling that when Kody looks in the mirror he sees Peter Frampton circa 1976 staring back at him.  And he thinks he looks awesome.

Dude, even Peter Frampton eventually cut his hair .... I'm just saying lol

• Love 10

Every time I think kody couldn't look any worse, he surpasses my expectations. Gahhh.

Hee! That look is going to be on their Christmas card? I feel sorry for the recipients of those. Though if I am being honest pretty much any picture of Kody gives me nightmares. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I absolutely love some of the comments regarding Meri planning an, "epic trip," with a BFF.  (I don't know why but I'm assuming it's yet another jaunt to Disneyland.)  These people hit the nail representing the source of her problems on the head:

"How about going with your husband?"

"What you need is a husband.  You are a wonderful woman with a lot of love to share."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Please tell me #IndependantWoman is some kind of thing to do with selling jewelry and not just that she thinks that's how independent is spelled..... (I know I'm being a spelling snob but that word being misspelled is one of my pet peeves...along with people thinking there's an "e" in ridiculous.)

• Love 8

There are few things I dislike more than intentionally dramatic, mysterious little posts like Meri's which vaguely allude to some big sad/bad/scary thing happening but offers no clue about what really occurred. It's obvious she really just wants attention and pity and to make people wonder what she is talking about and shower her with hugs and kisses to sooth her latest emotional boo-boo.

For all I know Mary just found out Clairol has officially refused her request to resume making the diahhrea brown shade of hair dye she prefers. That's the big dashed dream that has sent her fleeing to the nearest overpriced theme park so she can drown her sorrows in giant rainbow colored suckers and $12 corndogs.

Sorry, Meri but you're going to have to do a little bit better if you want any pity from me. Tweet if you must but I expect you to use all 280 characters and give me some details. You don't have to completely bare your soul but at least give a girl a clue what the hell went wrong ... did you wake up and realize your life is a complete sham, you're part of a cult, and you've thrown your entire life away competing for the love of a man who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself? Is it Luluroe? Did you realize you're part of a pyramid scheme and you've thrown away all your money and now you house is filled with ugly dresses and leggings with holes in the ass that you'll never be able to get rid of?

You didn't fall for another catfish, did you?????

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 20
14 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It's obvious she really just wants attention and pity and to make people wonder what she is talking about and shower her with hugs and kisses to sooth her latest emotional boo-boo.

And there are plenty of sycophant followers lines up to kiss her ass and make her feel like the superstar she feels she is.  Shows how incredibly sad the state we are in right now.  When so much is going on in the world, so many truly important things and she has people who follow her every move and cheer her on like she's a queen instead of a brainwashed Sheep Wife who makes bad decisions at every single turn and then expects her fans to prop her up when she fails. 

Time to grow up, own your failures, and move on, Meri.

• Love 3

@Celia Rubenstein, great call!  Dear Meri wants to have a pity party, and she has (seemingly) endless sycophants to indulge her pathetic self.

If their show is renewed, I'll be shocked beyond belief.  What a fucked-up "family".

1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

And there are plenty of sycophant followers lines up to kiss her ass and make her feel like the superstar she feels she is.  Shows how incredibly sad the state we are in right now.  When so much is going on in the world, so many truly important things and she has people who follow her every move and cheer her on like she's a queen instead of a brainwashed Sheep Wife who makes bad decisions at every single turn and then expects her fans to prop her up when she fails. 

Time to grow up, own your failures, and move on, Meri.

Great minds think alike @Kohola3!

• Love 4

Pardon me while I wipe the tears from my eyes.  Poor Meri.  Poor, poor Meri?.  Sending cryptic twitters to get more people to join the pity party is so Brown Family.

But hey!!  Who's up for a vacation?  Why Meri of course.☺☺☺??? Turn that frown upside down!  Because selling crappy leggings and crying huge crocodile tears is EXHAUSTING.

And I'm just going to throw this out and I have nothing whatsoever to base this on.  Could it be the Brown's cuddle sac is in trouble?  We have all assumed the McMansions were temporary.  Maybe it's time to say bye bye?  They bought in December, so could be?  Hmmmm.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There are few things I dislike more than intentionally dramatic, mysterious little posts like Meri's which vaguely allude to some big sad/bad/scary thing happening but offers no clue about what really occurred. It's obvious she really just wants attention and pity and to make people wonder what she is talking about and shower her with hugs and kisses to sooth her latest emotional boo-boo.

For all I know Mary just found out Clairol has officially refused her request to resume making the diahhrea brown shade of hair dye she prefers. That's the big dashed dream that has sent her fleeing to the nearest overpriced theme park so she can drown her sorrows in giant rainbow colored suckers and $12 corndogs.

Sorry, Meri but you're going to have to do a little bit better if you want any pity from me. Tweet if you must but I expect you to use all 280 characters and give me some details. You don't have to completely bare your soul but at least give a girl a clue what the hell went wrong ... did you wake up and realize your life is a complete sham, you're part of a cult, and you've thrown your entire life away competing for the love of a man who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself? Is it Luluroe? Did you realize you're part of a pyramid scheme and you've thrown away all your money and now you house is filled with ugly dresses and leggings with holes in the ass that you'll never be able to get rid of?

You didn't fall for another catfish, did you?????

Same here! Pet peeve of mine—cryptic fb or twitter “woe to me”  posts that don’t elaborate. Fuck off, then! We’re all supposed to guess?  

I hate it when people do that shit. Don’t post it unless you’re gonna explain it. Have a pity party by yourself. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Have a pity party by yourself.

But what fun is that? You want to make sure your zillions milliions  thousands hundreds tens of fans have got your back and are rooting for you and praying for you (a big fave with her ass kissing fan base) and sharing in your distress.  Cheers you right up!

• Love 5

I'm guessing she just couldn't get her hands on much of the recently released LLR "Elegant Collection."  The couple sellers I know were posting about the hours they spent trying to reserve anything they could for their customers. Just seems something Meri would make an overly dramatic post about. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lsk02 said:

I'm guessing she just couldn't get her hands on much of the recently released LLR "Elegant Collection."  The couple sellers I know were posting about the hours they spent trying to reserve anything they could for their customers. Just seems something Meri would make an overly dramatic post about. 

LOL, I believe that LLR's idea of "elegant" would not even come close to mine.  I think you might be right though, about Meri making a huge deal of it.

She's a D grade TeeVee star, and shouldn't she get first dibs on EVERYTHING?  Selfish to the max is our Mare!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Oh who cares, Meri.  Go paint a corn can. Stop mulling over your plight. Enough wallowing in platitudes.  If Kody doesn't love you enough, dump his ass and find someone who will. It may not be a gorgeous millionaire but you'd be surprised how happy you can be with an average looking guy who has a run of the mill job. Especially when you don't have to share him with three other women!

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Meri worries that she won’t be able to see the kids if Kody casts her out for dating.

Aren't half of the litter old enough to make their own decisions on whether or not they see Meri?  Certainly those out of the house can.  There are only a couple of really little ones left anyway.

• Love 7

I think she is especially close to Solomon and he's only 6...imagine what Robyn would fill his head with if Meri ever left.  I feel for her in that aspect to.o.  She and Christine seem like the only wives who genuinely love all the kids (imo) like their own so it would be hard to walk away from.

• Love 4

I'm not so sure that Kody would ban Meri from contact with the younger kids. He's a selfish narcissist but I've never seen evidence of that kind spiteful cruelty in him. And it would be cruel to bar Meri from the kids - not just to her but to them as well.  Being adored and popular is also too important to him and I doubt he'd want to face the fallout from the wives and older kids if tried it.

I am also not so sure that Janelle, Christine, and Robyn would all go along with Kody if he tried to cut off Meri from the family.  None of them seem genuinely in his thrall any more and I expect if there is one area they might show some collective backbone, it is where their kids are concerned.

The possibility that the wives wouldn't back him up is another reason I doubt Kody would try such a move. I don't think he wants to risk being shown as less than the all powerful rooster he tries to pretend he is, and being overruled by the hens in his house would be too embarrassing for him. 

• Love 9
On 12/1/2017 at 7:41 AM, Lsk02 said:

Just took a gander at the elegant collection.  Same styles just shiny material.  Nothing says elegant like a poorly made, shiny material dress in the exact same style as your other stuff.  Ok, there WERE some elegant Maxi dresses.  To me Maxi dresses are casual wear, not dressy wear.  

• Love 2
On 12/2/2017 at 10:54 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

He's a selfish narcissist but I've never seen evidence of that kind spiteful cruelty in him.

And yet he divorced his first wife to marry the latest concubine with no thought as to how it would hurt her.  Seems pretty cruel to me.

• Love 9

But remember, these people will swear up one side and down the other that the legal marriage and paperwork mean nothing; that the religious union is what matters and that the wife who is legally married is no more important or special than the wives that had spiritual marriages only.  The legal distinction is almost beneath their notice, and would certainly never be celebrated with a second honeymoon or anything.  Oh, wait...    

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

But remember, these people will swear up one side and down the other that the legal marriage and paperwork mean nothing; that the religious union is what matters and that the wife who is legally married is no more important or special than the wives that had spiritual marriages only.  The legal distinction is almost beneath their notice, and would certainly never be celebrated with a second honeymoon or anything.  Oh, wait...    

A second honeymoon to Hawaii with Sobbin' no less.  And Christine was told to save her grocery money to visit her sick father.  Asshat.

• Love 11

I feel like we never got the real story on that divorce. I don't know who's idea it actually was or how Meri really felt about it (before it happened - I agree she was unhappy about it later). It looked to me at the time like she was completely emotionally disengaged from Kody anyway (and this was later confirmed on the show), so I'm not sure she was all that emotionally devastated to be divorced from him. I think what ended up bothering her most was her loss of power as the legal wife more than Kody marrying Robyn.  So I can't say I see the divorce as an act of pure cruelty by him.  Selfish, perhaps, but not transparently cruel in the same way barring Meri from seeing the kids would be. That's something that would be done solely out of spite to hurt someone. I don't think the divorce is in the same category.

I might feel differently if I saw Meri fighting the divorce and all broken hearted over what was happening and it appeared Kody's main motivation was to hurt her personally.  But I just never got any indication that was the case. 

The thing about telling Christine to save her grocery money was another example of what I would describe as Kody's selfishness that, while very hurtful, wasn't done purely to cause Christine pain.  I understand what you all are saying about how indifference and selfishness can rise to the level of cruelty because it can cause so much pain. But I'm putting the barring of visitation with children under a special category of cruelty, I guess that's what I'm trying to say. One in which a person's singular motivation is to hurt another person.  Kody's selfishness and indifference to the needs of others is legendary and has certainly caused some pain, but I don't think I've ever seen Kody do anything purely motivated by a desire to hurt someone.  And that would be his only possible reason to bar Meri from seeing the kids ... he just wants to hurt people because his angry. I don't think he would do that.

Excuse me, I have to go soak my fingers in bleach now after typing this defence of that bum. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, toodles said:

A second honeymoon to Hawaii with Sobbin' no less.  And Christine was told to save her grocery money to visit her sick father.  Asshat.

And yet Christine is the one who is the most likely to stay with him even if all the others flee for their lives.  

• Love 4
On 11/30/2017 at 8:47 PM, TurtlePower said:

Same here! Pet peeve of mine—cryptic fb or twitter “woe to me”  posts that don’t elaborate. Fuck off, then! We’re all supposed to guess?  

I hate it when people do that shit. Don’t post it unless you’re gonna explain it. Have a pity party by yourself. 

I have a friend on Facebook that posts things like this, on average, nine times per day. I stopped "following" her so I wouldn't see all of that noise. And yes, I really did take the time to count up her posts in a seven day period and found that she averages something like 9.3 "woe is me" posts per day.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Kody's selfishness and indifference to the needs of others is legendary and has certainly caused some pain, but I don't think I've ever seen Kody do anything purely motivated by a desire to hurt someone. 

Selfishness and indifference are the key personality traits of a man wanting to be a polygamist. He has to turn off the ability to feel empathy towards his wives or else he can't be in the situation. They know the wives will feel pain, hurt and jealosy but tell the wives they have to manage those feelings. Some of the really asshole plygs will pit wives against each other to see who cares for him the most and of course the often have a favorite. But you can count on plyg guys just being real pigs in general.

I've mentioned this before, but when I lived in a plyg town one of my friends told me he tried it but didn't have it in him to treat women that way, so he gave it up.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Did anyone take a screenshot?  The page is gone now...

I saw it but did not take a screen shot (that's just stuff I never do unless it's really, really outrageous). I wonder why she took it down?  Meri's response was justified, the comment was catty. I always figured the "1" was not in reference to her being wife 1 but that someone else had the name Meri Brown. 

I don't really believe the end of Meri's response to the comment, however. It was something to the effect of "My life is going great thank you very much." That I don't buy. Why the "woe to me" posts then? Why the "I'm worthy" and you're worthy and love and blah blah blah? 

• Love 5