Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Are they going to focus on the neighbors who are apparently child bride marrying doomsday preppers? 

"I didn't know men could be such bastards".....Christine Brown, 2014

37 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Now she doesn't have to share this new property with Kody!!

But do we know that?  Do we know that she's the only one whose name is on the papers? After all, they are still "spiritually" married so it could be that he's still involved.  This group is so dysfunctional, I wouldn't be surprised.

But I totally agree that Sobyn must be going nuts.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We're discussing our anniversary trip for next summer.  We're actually thinking about staying at Meri's B&B, because it's located close to some of the places we want to go.  Will keep you posted.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, and I know a quaint, little Victorian Inn sounds like a great idea, but Meri's just looks creepy. Sorry! Especially "Grandma's Room", or whatever the hell she's calling the one with the quilt. I don't like it. I like the thought of it, it has potential ...., but ... Nah, I'll pass, (maybe it's the 30 -year-old wall-to-wall carpeting?) I would rather stay at a Budget Inn. :)

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But do we know that?  Do we know that she's the only one whose name is on the papers? After all, they are still "spiritually" married so it could be that he's still involved.  This group is so dysfunctional, I wouldn't be surprised.

FWIW, The Iron County property records that I mentioned a page or so back referred solely to Meri Brown, "an unmarried woman."  Kody's name did not appear on the documents and does not come up in a separate search.  

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When I put the name of the B&B in google the first on the list is Lizzie Borden's B&B. 

I'd stay there, too!

2 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, and I know a quaint, little Victorian Inn sounds like a great idea, but Meri's just looks creepy. Sorry! Especially "Grandma's Room", or whatever the hell she's calling the one with the quilt. I don't like it. I like the thought of it, it has potential ...., but ... Nah, I'll pass, (maybe it's the 30 -year-old wall-to-wall carpeting?) I would rather stay at a Budget Inn. :)

We found out the prior owner of our house died in our bedroom.  I ain't scared of nothin'!!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I'd stay there, too!

Might want to check the closets for garden tools.

I'm with you, Vedapierce.  Those kind of places just give me the willies.  Not the ghost part (I spend a lot of time at a 141 year old lighthouse) but I just don't care for the old antique looks.  That stuff always smells musty.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Are they going to focus on the neighbors who are apparently child bride marrying doomsday preppers? 

Ya gotta love Southern Utah. Eight years living there was enough for me. Honest to god, they really think they are normal and the rest of us are uninformed.

I will watch the show to see if Meri is living there full-time running her business and taking care of her family home and investment. There is really no reason for her to stay in Vegas; she can go back to visit occasionally to see the family and kids. If she is staying in Vegas and pawning off the B&B business operation on others, I'm out. That just signals it was a TLC-driven storyline.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I haven't seen it but I read that the "teaser" for the new season has Meri dropping a "bombshell" about wanting to open a B&B. So that will be her story. While some of that will be interesting, we already know it happened, and I don't know how much of Meri I can take regarding this living her why story line. 

I could have predicted this.  I'm sure the inn is a dream of hers but there's no way it wasn't also financed with money from the family for the purpose of having a plot to keep their boring show on the air, so I doubt very much it will be her ticket out of the family any time soon. 

I refuse to believe they're all not still business partners with the show as their venture and this little inn is another "creative" idea to pitch to TLC as plot fodder for the show, so I vote for Kody and possibly other family members somehow being involved financially even if their names are not on the property records.  So much for this being a "real" business venture for Meri and a step toward independence....Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" on this....She has more money to gain from staying in the family and doing things like this to help keep the show afloat than leaving, unfortunately.

12 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

I will watch the show to see if Meri is living there full-time running her business and taking care of her family home and investment. There is really no reason for her to stay in Vegas; she can go back to visit occasionally to see the family and kids. If she is staying in Vegas and pawning off the B&B business operation on others, I'm out. That just signals it was a TLC-driven storyline.

I hate to say it but I think this may just be another half fake endeavor she does in a half assed way like "My Sisterwife's Closet" and unfortunately qualifies as mostly a TLC storyline.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 7

Considering the other storyline shown is basically Meri wanting Kodi to be intimate with her again and him not wanting to, the Inn  may be it, oh and what’s her name giving birth in the tub of course. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Might want to check the closets for garden tools.

I'm with you, Vedapierce.  Those kind of places just give me the willies.  Not the ghost part (I spend a lot of time at a 141 year old lighthouse) but I just don't care for the old antique looks.  That stuff always smells musty.

Regardless of the vacuum cleaner tracks in the 80s carpeting, the place looks dusty. Love antiques, like Victorian, not feeling this one...reminds me of the B&B Doug took Carrie to on the "King Of Queens", expect an old man taking a bath while simultaneously brining a turkey. Gives me some heebee jeebees.

• Love 4

My standards for B&Bs are fairly high as I've stayed many times at the MacCallum House in Mendocino. They do Victorian right! Plus she doesn't even mention the food. Which for me would be an important factor in staying there. 

A Google map street view shows...not much in town or around, unless someone is doing a polygamy tour.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

A Google map street view shows...not much in town or around, unless someone is doing a polygamy tour.

Maybe that's how they can market it.  The man gets a key that opens the doors to all of the rooms so he can hop from bed to bed with ease.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

My standards for B&Bs are fairly high as I've stayed many times at the MacCallum House in Mendocino. They do Victorian right! Plus she doesn't even mention the food. Which for me would be an important factor in staying there. 

Mr. AZC's aunt used to live in Parowan.  When we were going to visit the first time (50 years ago), we asked her for her exact address.  Her response was, "when you get to Parowan, it's the only red house in town."  Yep, small town.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I refuse to believe they're all not still business partners with the show as their venture and this little inn is another "creative" idea to pitch to TLC as plot fodder for the show, so I vote for Kody and possibly other family members somehow being involved financially even if their names are not on the property records.  So much for this being a "real" business venture for Meri and a step toward independence....Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" on this....She has more money to gain from staying in the family and doing things like this to help keep the show afloat than leaving, unfortunately.

They probably got the idea from Return to Amish where Mama Mary opened a B&B in Amish country.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'd stay there, too!

We found out the prior owner of our house died in our bedroom.  I ain't scared of nothin'!!!

LOL! There was a death at the home we just purchased--son overdosed in the tool shed out back. Found that out while on a run and a local stopped and gave me an earful (it's rural and everyone knows everything). Doesn't bother me, either.

I'm glad Meri finally did something she said she wanted to do. We've heard her say "I want to do this, I want to do that" over the years and nothing ever came of it. She followed through this time. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Maybe that's how they can market it.  The man gets a key that opens the doors to all of the rooms so he can hop from bed to bed with ease.

Good idea!  Polygamy perks, free of charge.  Doofus can invite all the plyggies he knows.

1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

LOL! There was a death at the home we just purchased--son overdosed in the tool shed out back. Found that out while on a run and a local stopped and gave me an earful (it's rural and everyone knows everything). Doesn't bother me, either.

I'm glad Meri finally did something she said she wanted to do. We've heard her say "I want to do this, I want to do that" over the years and nothing ever came of it. She followed through this time. 

That makes her one up on her nemesis Janelle, who can't seem to follow through on anything.  What happened to the selling real estate thing?

Looking forward to snarking this shitstorm show.

• Love 4

Meri won’t have happiness until she lets go of the idea that she has a family with these people — or that she has the potential to start anew with Kody.  The geographic distance of the B&B will help further the divide, which is a good thing regardless of Christine crying about it. 

I wonder if Jackie Overton will make reservations or post fake yelp reviews?  Is she still around or is she in jail for some other fraud?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Omg! So sick of her crap! SHADDAP ALREADY! 

I swear like fully 90% of Meri's posts are about how no one loves, supports or approves of her enough ... but she's okay with, it doesn't get her down! Makes you wonder why she is constantly commenting about it then, doesn't it?

Seriously, how much pity does one person need? How many passive little swipes does she need to take at her supposedly wonderful family? It just never ends, not even when she has just had this (apparently) great thing just happen in her life.  

What a bottomless pit of bitterness and need this woman is. No wonder no one can ever please her or love her enough. It's just not possible. And you know what ... that's on Meri. It's not on Kody, it's not on Janelle. It's not Christine's fault or Robyn's. It's Meri's fault she is angry and frustrated and isolated and miserable. She chooses to feel that way every day, refuses to do anything differently. Her tweets are proof of it. She wallows in misery and self pity. 

What she needs to do is get her ass off the twitter and instead park it on the couch of a good therapist.  One who is not all about supporting her choice to be in polygamy but one who will actually force her to examine why she's choosing to be miserable every stinking day of her life.

• Love 23
On 12/16/2017 at 5:25 PM, CofCinci said:

Meri won’t have happiness until she lets go of the idea that she has a family with these people — or that she has the potential to start anew with Kody.  The geographic distance of the B&B will help further the divide, which is a good thing regardless of Christine crying about it. 

I wonder if Jackie Overton will make reservations or post fake yelp reviews?  Is she still around or is she in jail for some other fraud?

Jackie is still around pretending to be Sam, she even tweeted to Alex Hitchens to try to get his tabloid to expose Meri as a liar for their "affair". What Jackie doesn't realize is that the real Lindsay Jackson is writing a book. So Jackie if you're reading this like the psycho you are, Merry Christmas baby. #warEthan

Screenshot_2017-11-05-12-08-40.png

• Love 1
On 12/16/2017 at 5:27 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I swear like fully 90% of Meri's posts are about how no one loves, supports or approves of her enough ... but she's okay with, it doesn't get her down! Makes you wonder why she is constantly commenting about it then, doesn't it?

Seriously, how much pity does one person need? How many passive little swipes does she need to take at her supposedly wonderful family? It just never ends, not even when she has just had this (apparently) great thing just happen in her life.  

What a bottomless pit of bitterness and need this woman is. No wonder no one can ever please her or love her enough. It's just not possible. And you know what ... that's on Meri. It's not on Kody, it's not on Janelle. It's not Christine's fault or Robyn's. It's Meri's fault she is angry and frustrated and isolated and miserable. She chooses to feel that way every day, refuses to do anything differently. Her tweets are proof of it. She wallows in misery and self pity. 

What she needs to do is get her ass off the twitter and instead park it on the couch of a good therapist.  One who is not all about supporting her choice to be in polygamy but one who will actually force her to examine why she's choosing to be miserable every stinking day of her life.

You know, you're right. No matter what good happens in Meri's life she continues on with the "woe-is-me" crap on social media. It's very passive aggressive and I agree--most of this is on her--and she's probably addicted to the attention she does get from her whiny lamentations on social media.

• Love 9
On 12/15/2017 at 10:44 AM, VedaPierce said:

I absolutely agree.  The decor is a Victorian cliche, worn looking and not appealing.   Give me a clean motel with cable!  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
On 12/16/2017 at 7:59 AM, ginger90 said:

Considering the other storyline shown is basically Meri wanting Kodi to be intimate with her again and him not wanting to, the Inn  may be it, oh and what’s her name giving birth in the tub of course. 

I would actually be content with this as the main storyline for the upcoming season.  I find the juxtaposition of the wives proclaiming how polygamy makes "each of them better," they "wouldn't have it any other way," they "wanted the fam'ly, not just the man" and, of course, the fact that they "all shoulda been together from Day One" with the fact that each of them has their misery etched on their faces quite fascinating.  At this point it's become a joke, but gosh darn if they're not still going to give us that stupid spiel at the beginning of each show...followed by an hour of Robyn's fake frowny face, shots of a spaced-out Janelle, Christine breathlessly whispering how wonderful everything is, and Meri discussing her many fillings.  So sign me up for Season 9, y'all!

On 12/17/2017 at 11:07 PM, Bunkerdown said:

Jackie is still around pretending to be Sam, she even tweeted to Alex Hitchens to try to get his tabloid to expose Meri as a liar for their "affair". What Jackie doesn't realize is that the real Lindsay Jackson is writing a book. So Jackie if you're reading this like the psycho you are, Merry Christmas baby. #warEthan

Screenshot_2017-11-05-12-08-40.png

This is scary.  Given what Jackie has put Meri through (at her own behest, of course), the fact that Jackie's still out there maintaining this fake persona is chilling.  I'm not sure why Meri is still so active on social media, to be honest.  Not that she needs to necessarily hide away, but perhaps keep a lower profile given that social media is where she got into trouble in the first place - which is why I still think that the high Meri got from this illicit online fling outweighs the negatives it had on herself and her family.  It's like she's playing a little bit of online cat-and mouse, along with a hefty dose of "poor me."

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5

This season might be good with Meri's B&B.  That is a big departure from the staged activities of the past to get them out of the houses.  

It would be a nice turn of events if Meri started getting positive attention leaving Robin to stew.  From everyone not just Kody.  I want a dramatic shift. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

We get whiny Maddie's wedding to the guy who kind of freaks me out? 

I'd rather watch Meri paint the B&B.

I think it will be Mykelti's and Tony's wedding, since that hasn't aired yet.

Maddie will be having a baby in the bathtub, from the preview.  No way I would have opted for a home TLC-filmed birth, but these people will do anything to keep the gravy train a-rolling, it seems.

Kody will be his usual douchebag doofus self.

• Love 4

And didn't the B&B thing come after the time when filming would have been complete?  I'm betting it will be addressed in the last 2 minutes of the very last episode and be built up to be some earth shattering surprise ("Meri drops a bomb on the family....") when we already know what is going on.  Kind of like that whole catfishing thing.  By the time it all aired, it was old news and nobody even cared.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I think it will be Mykelti's and Tony's wedding, since that hasn't aired yet.

Ah yes, Mykelti.  As I typed Maddie I was thinking wrong kid maybe.  They stay away for more than six months and I thankfully begin to forget their details.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I would actually be content with this as the main storyline for the upcoming season.  I find the juxtaposition of the wives proclaiming how polygamy makes "each of them better," they "wouldn't have it any other way," they "wanted the fam'ly, not just the man" and, of course, the fact that they "all shoulda been together from Day One" with the fact that each of them has their misery etched on their faces quite fascinating.  At this point it's become a joke, but gosh darn if they're not still going to give us that stupid spiel at the beginning of each show...followed by an hour of Robyn's fake frowny face, shots of a spaced-out Janelle, Christine breathlessly whispering how wonderful everything is, and Meri discussing her many fillings.  So sign me up for Season 9, y'all!

This is scary.  Given what Jackie has put Meri through (at her own behest, of course), the fact that Jackie's still out there maintaining this fake persona is chilling.  I'm not sure why Meri is still so active on social media, to be honest.  Not that she needs to necessarily hide away, but perhaps keep a lower profile given that social media is where she got into trouble in the first place - which is why I still think that the high Meri got from this illicit online fling outweighs the negatives it had on herself and her family.  It's like she's playing a little bit of online cat-and mouse, along with a hefty dose of "poor me."

I suspect Jackie may try to stop in and visit that b&b, to be honest

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Bunkerdown said:

I suspect Jackie may try to stop in and visit that b&b, to be honest

Pretty sure there's a photo of her on the receptionist side of the check-in desk:  DO NOT ALLOW THIS PERSON TO STAY AT THE B&B.  CALL THE COPS.

• Love 4

I found this (see below) in reference to that tweet Meri put out a few days ago that made us--and apparently many others--think she was having trouble with Kody or the other wives. Well, she's denying this and in fact tweeted out a snarky response to concerned followers: "That moment you just have to roll your eyes at the silliness of people who think they know you. Maybe a quote I tweet just means let people who have issues with you have their issues. Their issue isn't your problem, don't let it ruin your day." #NotGoingAnywhere #Relax #YourIssue

Seriously? Given all the crap Kody has said to her about their relationship (and how he's just not that into her any more)? And then there was the tweet about how faith is supposed to hurt. She posts cryptic "poor me" shit and then responds with "I'm ok, it's THEIR problem." What are people supposed to think when she posts that kind of stuff? And then for her to get mad at them? Freakin' rude! Those people expressed concern, and she responds by "rolling her eyes".

http://www.ibtimes.com/sister-wives-meri-brown-denies-marriage-trouble-kody-after-cryptic-tweet-2629731

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 14

What a snotty ass thing for her to say ...

Meri INVITES the world to watch her live her life. She INVITES them to talk to her and about her by making these needy little posts. How dare she be so snide to people who are only trying to offer her the support she's clearly begging for.

Would Meri be happier if everyone just ignored her, if no one ever responded or acknowledged her whiny lamentations about how underappreciated she is?  Eh, she'd probably just expand her repertoire to include complaints about how no one's paying any attention to her anymore. It would just be something else for her to moan about. 

Seriously, there is just no pleasing this miserable cow. It's no wonder her sister wives and part-time husband have stopped bothering to even try. It's impossible.

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What a snotty ass thing for her to say ...

Meri INVITES the world to watch her live her life. She INVITES them to talk to her and about her by making these needy little posts. How dare she be so snide to people who are only trying to offer her the support she's clearly begging for.

Would Meri be happier if everyone just ignored her, if no one ever responded or acknowledged her whiny lamentations about how underappreciated she is?  Eh, she'd probably just expand her repertoire to include complaints about how no one's paying any attention to her anymore. It would just be something else for her to moan about. 

Seriously, there is just no pleasing this miserable cow. It's no wonder her sister wives and part-time husband have stopped bothering to even try. It's impossible.

I'm done having any empathy for her after she made that comment. She could have handled it differently, instead she chose to humiliate her supporters. For that, she doesn't deserve support. 

• Love 13

Meri is one unhappy bitch, and I do not feel sorry for her one whit.  Fuck her and her crappy fake marriage, her Lizzie's B & B, and that LLR shit she sells.

"I believe in living this lifestyle.  It just makes each of us better."  Well, dear Meri, if you are now "better," I would have hated to see worse.

• Love 10