Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

On 9/26/2018 at 7:31 PM, Libby said:

I wonder, does successful business woman Meri split her LaRu(or whatever the heck it's called) money four ways with the other wives? She insisted that all income got split equally even though she was a family of two while the other wives were families of six or seven. By her rules, she should be giving each of the other wives 1/4 of her income. Fat chance... She is an evil, selfish, bitch.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't...and I'm pretty sure she expected Janelle to split her salary back when Janelle worked. Didn't she also happily take a big ole portion of Janelle's inheritance back when they needed it to pay for their plyg house so they could all be under one roof?

Meri is of the mindset of "what's your's is mine, and what's mine is mine." She's a smart one, our Meri.

• Love 11
On 10/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Just for shits and grins, I clicked on the #FlagstaffFashion hashtag. In no way, shape or form does Meri's pictures and fashion fit in with any of the pics already associated with that hashtag. They are all young, cute, sexy hipsters (of all sizes and both sexes), wearing clothes along the lines from provocative to shappy-chic to casual bar. None of it is ugly. None of it tortured. And Meri looks really out of place. She just needs to stop shoehorning her way into that hashtag.

I just did it too and u are so right!! Meri and #flagstafffashion have nothing in common. Meri's ugly, sloppy crap stands out like a brown tooth in that grouping of young, sleek and sexy. Stop trying to make that shit happen Meri! You're embarrassing yourself.

• Love 6

Awesome trainings?  Obviously not in fashion.  And what's with that pose she always strikes with her chest stuck out?  It just emphasizes the baggy clothes. 

Those sloppy looking shirts put me in mind of the Downy commercial.

download.jpg

• Love 12
On 11/20/2018 at 2:29 PM, Kohola3 said:

Hardly brag worthy.  Photographing it like it's some big deal?  Not a selling point to me.

This I would post:Charcuterie-Board-21.jpg

Meri's plate with run-of-the-mill ritz crackers and some processed cheddar and turkey from the stop-and-shop....nah. She wants praise for every little thing, don't she?

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Awesome trainings?  Obviously not in fashion.  And what's with that pose she always strikes with her chest stuck out?  It just emphasizes the baggy clothes. 

Those sloppy looking shirts put me in mind of the Downy commercial.

download.jpg

The trainings are probably on how to brainwash people into buying this flimsy, ugly, polyester GARBAGE (not sustainable, not biodegradable, not absorbent). No wonder the moment Meri breaks a sweat it shows--and probably smells. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

This I would post:Charcuterie-Board-21.jpg

Meri's plate with run-of-the-mill ritz crackers and some processed cheddar and turkey from the stop-and-shop....nah. She wants praise for every little thing, don't she?

I love your user name.  I watched Mildred pierce the other day.  I 'm willing to bet you're a much nicer person than THAT Veda Pierce  😊😊

Edited by toodles
  • Love 3

Ooooo, pic with the head honcho. 

Meri...this is the woman who is making millions while you and the family members you dragged into this scam sit there with thousands of dollars of ugly shit in your garages that you can't sell. She really is gullible as hell, isn't she.

• Love 12
On 12/14/2018 at 6:06 AM, ginger90 said:

Does Meri own a pair of black shoes? Or any shoes that aren’t booties/clodhoppers? The ugly shoes she stubbornly insists on always wearing, always ruin her outfit. Jackass. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, toodles said:

I love your user name.  I watched Mildred pierce the other day.  I 'm willing to bet you're a much nicer person than THAT Veda Pierce  😊😊

Oh don’t be so sure 😜! Lol 

Seriously though, that’s one of my favorite movies and she’s one of my favorite femme fatales, I especially loved when Carole Burnett did a sendup of the movie with Vickie Lawrence as ole Veda...the reason I even became aware of that movie as a kid. 

My other favorite is All About Eve. The smartest dialogue ever written. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

No, it's not just you, Kohola.  

So this is the owner?  Ugh.

This is Deanne who owns LLR with her husband, Mark.  They staged 2 Christmas parties, one for the lower achievers in what looked like a warehouse, they served Kettle Corn, a trifle bar and a doughnut truck.  It looked dismal, there were very few people roaming about in a cavernous setting.

Judging by Deanne's attire in this photo, Meri must have made it to the upper echelon party, Deanne wore an ugly Christmas sweater to the warehouse party.  The top achievers were treated to an event at the Ritz Carlton, Laguna Beach where they were served cocktails, champagne, a full dinner and dancing.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

This is Deanne who owns LLR with her husband, Mark.  They staged 2 Christmas parties, one for the lower achievers in what looked like a warehouse, they served Kettle Corn, a trifle bar and a doughnut truck.  It looked dismal, there were very few people roaming about in a cavernous setting.

Judging by Deanne's attire in this photo, Meri must have made it to the upper echelon party, Deanne wore an ugly Christmas sweater to the warehouse party.  The top achievers were treated to an event at the Ritz Carlton, Laguna Beach where they were served cocktails, champagne, a full dinner and dancing.

This is fascinating stuff, thanks for posting it Sandy!

So maybe Meri really is making some money off this pyramid scam. And, as usual, Meri doesn't care that her success comes at the cost of stepping on other people. The lowest level people lose thousands, can't get the refunds they were promised, etc...people who sadly can't afford to lose money are encouraged to keep buying more inventory so Meri can go to a fancy party. Nice.

Typical dick move by Meri. She cares about no one but herself.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

My bet is she truly believes that the reason she is making money from LLR is that she's such a hard worker and good seller. I don't think she has the self-awareness to realize that she's scamming the people under her. After all, if they would just work as hard as she does, they would be where she is. She's going to be a basket case when this all blows up.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My bet is she truly believes that the reason she is making money from LLR is that she's such a hard worker and good seller. I don't think she has the self-awareness to realize that she's scamming the people under her. After all, if they would just work as hard as she does, they would be where she is. She's going to be a basket case when this all blows up.

True, I'm probably giving her too much credit to think she actually knows and believes what's really going in this company. Even if she is shown the tons of articles written about shady practices, etc, she would most likely choose to remain willfully ignorant. "Oh that's just the media being prejudiced against LuLaRoe", etc.

I've gotten to the point where I really despise this company and I can't wait for it to blow up in all their faces.

• Love 16

I wonder how much time Meri puts into LuLaNo. Between ordering, unpacking, arranging, Facebook sales, other orders, training, and the traveling I’d say a good number of hours. 

I wonder if she ever broke it all down to figure out what she is making per hour, in any given month, for example.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

True, I'm probably giving her too much credit to think she actually knows and believes what's really going in this company. Even if she is shown the tons of articles written about shady practices, etc, she would most likely choose to remain willfully ignorant. "Oh that's just the media being prejudiced against LuLaRoe", etc.

I've gotten to the point where I really despise this company and I can't wait for it to blow up in all their faces.

Me too.  It's akin to the "persecution" that Meri and her family fill, because they "believe in this lifestyle."  So now everyone bad-mouths this MLM, just because they're jealous, because they aren't working hard enough, and telling their downlines, "oh, you need to order more ugly shit, because then you have a better chance of getting a couple of pieces you can actually sell."  Huh?  How do these people sleep well at night?  Good going Meri, as long as you're able to make money.  Fuck everyone else.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

This is fascinating stuff, thanks for posting it Sandy!

So maybe Meri really is making some money off this pyramid scam. And, as usual, Meri doesn't care that her success comes at the cost of stepping on other people. The lowest level people lose thousands, can't get the refunds they were promised, etc...people who sadly can't afford to lose money are encouraged to keep buying more inventory so Meri can go to a fancy party. Nice.

She’s probably catapulted up the food chain because dozens of the top earners have quit. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

That woman on the left is the owner? Wow.

#TryingTooHard

"Blessed you came into my life"...Finally met someone with more straw-like scarecrow hair than me.

Disgruntled former LLR reps. claim that she is heavily medicated.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder how much time Meri puts into LuLaNo. Between ordering, unpacking, arranging, Facebook sales, other orders, training, and the traveling I’d say a good number of hours. 

I wonder if she ever broke it all down to figure out what she is making per hour, in any given month, for example.

I also wonder if she factors in all of the traveling and trips she makes on behalf of LuLaNo.  It has to be expensive and I can't believe they are footing the bill for all of these "business trips." etc.  It just blows my mind how these people end up with these thieving companies.  I had a coworker who would brag about the big bucks she was making selling a MLM called It Works.  It was a bunch of supplements and wraps.  The idiot would place orders for hundreds of dollars and then get back a very small percentage of that on commission.  She thought she was making money!!!  Unfreakingbelievable!!!  I was like, if you just didn't order the stupid crap, you'd have 100% of your money and time without the aggravation!!  But you couldn't tell her a thing.  She was always talking about her big checks!!  Meri is probably the same way.  I'm sure she is not factoring in any costs at all and has no idea what the difference is in net and gross income.  Some people just deserve what they get.  

• Love 5
18 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Seriously though, that’s one of my favorite movies and she’s one of my favorite femme fatales, I especially loved when Carole Burnett did a sendup of the movie with Vickie Lawrence as ole Veda...the reason I even became aware of that movie as a kid. 

My other favorite is All About Eve. The smartest dialogue ever written. 

(adds Mildred Pierce and All About Eve to my to-watch list, ashamed that I have never seen either one)...........

17 hours ago, Sandy W said:

How can LLR keep throwing these lavish parties when they have people leaving in droves?  I don't understand this at all.

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It looks like Meri has traded one con artist for another.  She goes from being taken in by the catfish to being taken in by a pyramid scam.  She is a professional victim. 

Truer words have never been written about Meri.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

How can LLR keep throwing these lavish parties when they have people leaving in droves?  I don't understand this at all.

when you are at the top of the pyramid, you get the money from everyone beneath you.  Although I hope they paid the bill already since it looks like their empire is poised to tumble. 

Of course they probably have their money all sheltered in offshore accounts. It's the bottom layers that will be stuck with thousands of dollars worth of unsellable, crappy, ugly stock.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, lma said:

Yeah and the others could be where she is if they would just have a TV show. That’s the only reason Meri is a top seller whether she wants to believe it or not.

I'm pretty sure she knows this.  She knows that's why people buy from her, and why people sign on to be in her line or whatever they call it.  She knows that she can be rude, snotty, and disdainful to people, and because of her television notoriety, a certain segment of the public will accept it because they want to interact, however distantly, with someone who is on television. 

The owners of LLR also know this, and you can bet she gets VIP treatment from them.  She draws victims salespeople into the organization, and let's face it, those "consultants" make up the bulk of LLR's sales.  She has a large following on social media, so when she posts about LLR, she reaches a large audience.  The exact type of audience LLR wants to target. 

Although I'm not a fan, Meri has a certain amount of street smarts and I can't blame her for using all of this to her advantage.  If she had any common sense, she would be stockpiling and investing the money she's earning to prepare for the near future when LLR is bankrupt, the show is cancelled, and the mortgage(s) needs to be paid.  However, she's a Brown, so my guess is that she spends every dollar the minute it arrives.

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Although I'm not a fan, Meri has a certain amount of street smarts

I'm not a Meri fan either.  But remember when she was loading up the truck to move Robyn and her kids to Lehi?  Remember when she loaded up her car the year they rented the big house for Christmas?  She set everything up herself.  I think Meri is probably the only wife that is orderly and likes things to be neat and I can't blame her.  I think that is what she secretly liked about Joe Darger, he is a man who gets things done and has a system for everything and everyone has to help.

• Love 12

I’m not sure how much street smarts she has...certainly not enough to figure out that the Green Goo they hawked for years is not a marketable product, or that what she thought was a hot, young, vegan stud (taller than Kody -Meri Brown) was really a chubby, middle-aged, mom’s basement-dwelling catfish...or that it’s not a great idea to bring sexy, young Robin into the already strained marriage—no matter how good it felt to stick it to the other two morons. 

I’m not sure what Meri has, I would call ‘street-smarts’, per se... but what she does have, I would definitely call GREED. And she has a big, ole double helping of that. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 20
16 hours ago, MonicaM said:

The owners of LLR also know this, and you can bet she gets VIP treatment from them.  She draws victims salespeople into the organization, and let's face it, those "consultants" make up the bulk of LLR's sales.  She has a large following on social media, so when she posts about LLR, she reaches a large audience.  The exact type of audience LLR wants to target. 

Victims, ha ha...so true.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that Meri probably doesn't realize the LLR head honchos are only using her for her "fame", such as it is. I don't think she's self-aware enough for that. I bet she thinks she really is a good salesperson. Which she isn't, I've seen the FB sale screen shots on this board, and she's a rude bitch to people. In a recent one she accused 150-some buyers of ALL having bad internet connections when people complained that the images of the clothing were blurry, etc. She got all pissy and said she "didn't have the patience for this" and would do the sale later when "everyone" wasn't having internet problems.

I bet she sees attention from the big wigs as her just rewards for her hard work. I think the truth is no one would buy from a rude, snippy bitch like her, except her sycophants. She can be nice, but once there is one little complaint, one tiny thing that goes wrong, she goes into bitch mode. SHE thinks she has found what she's good at (she's good at parts of it, she does seem to be very organized, etc) but she doesn't have the personality for sales. 

If she's making anything it's because she's signed up new consultants under her...which she would not have if it weren't for the show.

And now she's found dimwitted family members to sign up under her, too. I'd bet that the whole lot of them do not see the demise of this company coming. 

I bet she also doesn't think in terms of how much money she has sunk INTO this garbage...buying inventory, traveling to do pop up sales, paying for your own travel expenses to go to LLR conventions and cruises (lots of articles mention how the cruise is free but you have to pay your own way to get there)...she only thinks "look at the check I got!" and doesn't stop to think "I spent $5,000 this month to get $1,500."

Soon it will be like the green goo & the other pyramid crap...boxes & boxes of shit they can't sell, probably lost money on the deal, and it's on to the next get rich quick scheme they can find, because God forbid any of them actually WORK at a real job!

• Love 11

Interesting that Hey It's Vireen said "not being mean."  I'm not on Twitter, but I'm sure bitchy Meri freaks out at comments that even hint of someone being critical of her or LuLaNo, and makes some shitty response.  

Yep, Meri is a total snot, and I would never, never, never even think of buying ANYTHING ON EARTH from her, period.  How sad that her sycophantic followers see fit to do so.  :(

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

How sad that her sycophantic followers see fit to do so.  :(

It is a total mystery to me as to why she even has followers.  What is it about her that could possibly attract them?  I am truly flummoxed that anyone finds her tolerable.

• Love 12
On 12/16/2018 at 7:52 AM, Absolom said:

She might pass unnoticed with the shirt and skirt, but that pink duster is a complete mistake.  

It’s especially bad when she’s bragging about all she learned on that awesome convention. When I would go to big design conventions I would see new techniques and trends and translating art into designs. What possibly  could they be meeting about? How to be pleasant when shilling your poorly made and awful designed rags?

• Love 6