Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

"My babes?"

I guess SludgePudge couldn't make the trip.  

Yeah, what the hell does that mean? Is she implying she's a pimp? Why would she use those words? 

Oh, wait. It's LLR. Every one of those women is probably beneath her and she gets a cut so, she is a LLR pimp. 

• Love 4

"My Babes" is in the same category as how they refer to each other and their LLR customers as "Hun" (short for honey).

Maybe I'm oversensitive, but if a clerk or waitress refers to me as Dear or Honey, I consider it condescending and it sets my teeth on edge.

• Love 11
On 1/3/2019 at 1:31 AM, ChiCricket said:

Most of that was over my head, but I guess the gist of it is that Lularoe is going down the toilet? 

I can't imagine why....look at these beautiful clothes. I'm just dying to buy some.

Good luck with that, all you Browns.

{picture from the article}

Screenshot_20190103-021947.jpg

You know.... I never see anyone wearing stuff like this when I am out and about in public.  Seriously... I cannot EVER recall seeing a single soul wearing this stuff.  So what... people buy this, hang it in their closets and leave it there until they go on a lula cruise or one of their conferences and then they drag it out?

• Love 13
On 1/4/2019 at 2:25 PM, Gothish520 said:

How is it possible that people think this stuff looks good? If you take the shoes off the first girl and put them on the fourth, that could be a cute dressy outfit. The fourth and fifth girl's shoes might work with other clothes - everything else needs to go.

Ehhhhh... have to disagree on the 5th girl's shoes.    And those LAST shoes - I think they are T H E most butt ugly and unflattering shoes I've ever seen!    I have a serious question - is Lularoe clothes designed for heavier women?  Or older women?  I am an older/not.thin.by.any.means woman, so that is not a slam - it's a sincere question.

• Love 7

Like every pyramid, only the people at the very top end up with anything when the enterprise collapses. Meri will be lucky to recoup her investment. 

LuluNo is intentionally ugly. The fabrics are flimsy, patterns don't match at the seams, and nothing is tailored. This is to keep production costs very low. That women can be convinced they look good in oversized sacks and mix and not-match patterns--and pay a lot of money for the look--is marketing genius. It's like ordering an infomercial hard boiled egg cooker and slicer thingy and thinking it's going to change your life. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

That women can be convinced they look good in oversized sacks and mix and not-match patterns--and pay a lot of money for the look--is marketing genius.

What's frightening is that there are so many sheeple that can be sucked into that kind of advertising.  What happened to good taste, free will, independent thought?   Mirrors?

• Love 7
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Can someone PLEASE tell me why nearly 4,000 people liked this photo?!?

I find it a wee pathetic that ol' Mere, with all those LLN "friends," sister-wives and bonus children, had to go into a truck stop to buy a stuffed animal to accompany her on the long drive home.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I find it a wee pathetic that ol' Mere, with all those LLN "friends," sister-wives and bonus children, had to go into a truck stop to buy a stuffed animal to accompany her on the long drive home.

If Sludge and Pudge need ESA, then gosh-darn, Meri will not be outdone.

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I do like a cute plushie so I'm not going to ding her for that. It's the little things in life!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Insanity reigns. 

I don't give a flying fig about Meri and her $4 toy.  We sell them to kids by the bushel in the hospital gift shop where I work.  Hardly social media worthy but she's so narcissistic she'll post any inane thing that comes her way.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

She left on the trip with her sister,  “road tripping”, and came back with a stuffed animal. 

Yeah, did she dump Sis on the side of the road?

Meri looks more pathetic all the time.  Her only validation is selling fugly clothes to her "army of skanks."  ( I rewatched Mean Girls recently.)  Meri IS a mean girl, so it fits.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yeah, did she dump Sis on the side of the road?

Meri looks more pathetic all the time.  Her only validation is selling fugly clothes to her "army of skanks."  ( I rewatched Mean Girls recently.)  Meri IS a mean girl, so it fits.

She does... She reminds me of a twinkie that has been run over by a car still in its wrapper

• Love 9
On 1/14/2019 at 11:57 AM, Kyanight said:

And those LAST shoes - I think they are T H E most butt ugly and unflattering shoes I've ever seen! 

If you take your hand and cover up the bottom of the last woman's dress and just look at her legs/feet/shoes, I swear to you it looks like an old man's in clunky house slippers!

• Love 9

Aw, how cute - they used the same hair crimper.

But why does a date with Kody merit the usual stupid hashtags?  Is she contractually obligated to tell us that she's "LivingHerWhy" "BecauseSheCan" with every post?  So, when she goes to the grocery store to pick up a gallon of milk, it's #BecauseSheCan?"  When she fetches the mail from the mailbox, is she #LivingHerWhy?"  When she sees Kody walk into Robyn's house and the bedroom lights go off, is it still #LifeFulfilled?"  Give me a break.

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Maybe things are improving between Meri and Kody?  His smile seems genuine in that photo.

For some reason I thought she left the family and moved into her B&B?  Where did I get that idea??

32 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Maybe things are improving between Meri and Kody?  His smile seems genuine in that photo.

It looks like a tired smile to me, but maybe it's because they're filming? Notice how you don't see another soul in the restaurant enjoying the awesome music.

• Love 6

My first thought was that her face doesn't look like it belongs to her hand . . . as though it had been photoshopped or something.

I can't figure these people out.  Luckily, I don't HAVE to.  But Kody really needs to grow up and get a real 50-year-old man's haircut.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's all bullshit, I say.  Kootie will never get over Meri trying to escape.

I agree, @laurakaye, about those infernal hashtags.  They annoy the crap out of this old lady.

Ha ha ha... I have to say, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to get over that Sam fiasco.  It was so gross and sordid.  The banana and "Sam" scratched on the thigh and everything else about it was disgusting.   It was definitely an "affair" of sorts.  If my husband had a catfish affair and I had three other husbands on the side, I would probably prefer those dudes that DIDN'T ..uh... stray.   I honestly don't know why Meri stays around now that her one kid is grown and gone.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Ha ha ha... I have to say, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to get over that Sam fiasco.  It was so gross and sordid.  The banana and "Sam" scratched on the thigh and everything else about it was disgusting.   It was definitely an "affair" of sorts.  If my husband had a catfish affair and I had three other husbands on the side, I would probably prefer those dudes that DIDN'T ..uh... stray.   I honestly don't know why Meri stays around now that her one kid is grown and gone.

Especially the way Meri deflected responsibility the moment she was exposed. Regarding the photo, Kody could be playing nice so he doesn't have to sacrifice an offering to fend off her anger. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Kyanight said:

For some reason I thought she left the family and moved into her B&B?  Where did I get that idea??

Probably because you are a sane person, and that is exactly what a sane person would do.

Get away from all the people who hate you and don't trust you after the catfish incident (not saying they should trust or forgive...Meri hasn't taken responsibility, why should they...) - in other words, leave the pack of crazy people who don't like you and go have fun running your business in this house you HAD to have and enjoy your time with your mother.

But, of course that is not what she does. She would never do the sane thing.

I'd bet good money that when the show folds, though, Meri will suddenly become disinterested in making things work with her husband and sister wives. Cancellation of the show will make Meri vamoose! 

• Love 7

Shapeless men's tshirt with a shapeless cheap knit tube skirt.  Total output about $5 at Kmart. They are not "buttery soft" but are unlikely to develop holes the first time they are washed.

Not even touching the ill-fitting ugly bathrobe.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Why is Jethro Tull's Bungle in the Jungle running through my head?

I don't know if that animal print is a Sarah, Irma or Cassie, but one thing it's not is #Elegant.

Living in the Past, now I'm thinking of Jethro Tull!

Few seams in cheapo sleazy prints = LuLaNo.  Simple clothes for the simpleminded.  That should be their motto.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Yep, she follows the money.  When it's gone, so will she be.

I would do the same.  The difference is that I would buy a small, affordable house, hire a good financial planner, and start saving every single penny I could from my TV earnings.  Down the road, after the big cancellation, I would be sitting pretty in my cozy house, with my income from investments, while the rest of the group scrambles to avoid foreclosure and bankruptcy.  However, since her last name is Brown, my guess is she'll go down with the rest of them and end up in a cramped apartment, fighting with Janelle over the kitchen.

• Love 11

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but I figured since Meri is the grand poobah of the LulaNo Brownline, I'd post it here.

My sister-in-law sells/sold LLN (not sure if she still is) and recently gave me a bunch of tops, dresses and leggings she said she "couldn't wear anymore." The reason I say I don't know if she still sells it is because many of these things she "couldn't wear anymore" still have price tags.

There's one solid color dress and one solid color top I'm keeping. The rest are shapeless tents with hideous prints. I thought you all might like to laugh at my "favorites":

First off, retro Mickey Mouse: 

0120191134a-1.jpg

Mickey Mouse again

0120191135-1.jpg

Alice in Wonderland:

0120191051a-1.jpg

And my personal favorite, neon spiders (or ticks?) with skulls on their backs:

0120191136b-1.jpg

Edited by sucker4reality
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, sucker4reality said:

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but I figured since Meri is the grand poobah of the LulaNo Brownline, I'd post it here.

My sister-in-law sells/sold LLN (not sure if she still is) and recently gave me a bunch of tops, dresses and leggings she said she "couldn't wear anymore." The reason I say I don't know if she still sells it is because many of these things she "couldn't wear anymore" still have price tags.

There's one solid color dress and one solid color top I'm keeping. The rest are shapeless tents with hideous prints. I thought you all might like to laugh at my "favorites":

First off, retro Mickey Mouse: 

0120191134a-1.jpg

Mickey Mouse again

0120191135-1.jpg

Alice in Wonderland:

0120191051a-1.jpg

0120191136b-1.jpg

Ok, I like Halloween and spooky things but that last print is just creepy-ugly!

The Alice in Wonderland print isn't horrible. I've never been a fan of Mickey Mouse so most things with his logo leave me cold.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Ok, I like Halloween and spooky things but that last print is just creepy-ugly!

The Alice in Wonderland print isn't horrible. I've never been a fan of Mickey Mouse so most things with his logo leave me cold.

The Alice in Wonderland print is ok but it's on leggings. I just don't know what I'd wear them with.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, sucker4reality said:

The Alice in Wonderland print is ok but it's on leggings. I just don't know what I'd wear them with.

I'm not a leggings person, even plain ones, so I agree there lol. It would make an interesting tablecloth for a themed party, or cute wrapping paper for Valentine's Day.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

OK, now, that's just......sick.  All I can think of is Lyme disease.  Or bedbugs.  Blech.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

OK, now, that's just......sick.  All I can think of is Lyme disease.  Or bedbugs.  Blech.

They DO look like ticks. The designer definitely, absolutely hates women (and the women BUY this stuff). 

a-red-tick-on-a-white-background.jpg

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 7

@Saje81 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Good one!

Meri needs to learn that she has man feet and no one wants to see them.

BTW I fell down half a flight of stairs and my legs were more banged up than this, and yet my pants were unaffected (aside from having my blood inside them!!). I guess that is how pants that are not like wet toilet paper perform versus LLR.

I'm not a social media person so I don't understand the need to post every little thing about your life for the world to see. Pretty sure only people you know well give a crap that you scraped your knee.

That said, my knees hurt just looking at the similar swelling to what I had, so I do feel for her a bit. (I'm not totally evil, just mostly!)

• Love 10