Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

LOL, nothing says #weddingvenues quite like the neighbor's RV parked in the background.

Lawd, yes, a bunch of old lady gee-gaws sitting around on the tatted tablecloths.  A modern bride's dream.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 9

I quite enjoyed the "bashing" comments.  The top bash on the right hand side implied that Meri posted the names of everyone in her group who had not yet paid for their crap to shame them into paying.  They were probably withholding payment for a reason, or whatever payment method they are using does not transfer the money into her account overnight.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

That outfit she's wearing in that post is so fugly.  I don't understand who would buy something like that, much less wear it.  The jeans are skin tight, as usual and the shirts are so wide and short.  They definitely make her look like a wide load.  She could at least make an effort to make that junk look appealing.  I guess PT Barnum was right about suckers being born every minute.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Normades said:

That outfit she's wearing in that post is so fugly.  The jeans are skin tight, as usual and the shirts are so wide and short.  They definitely make her look like a wide load.  She could at least make an effort to make that junk look appealing.  

She is standing in her "model's" 3/4 pose (not full face on to the camera) with one knee bent to look her thinnest, but that is the best she can do as the short top focuses attention at her widest part.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

She is standing in her "model's" 3/4 pose (not full face on to the camera) with one knee bent to look her thinnest, but that is the best she can do as the short top focuses attention at her widest part.  

Meri has never been good at dressing for her shape/size. At this point, she should work on changing her shape if she’s not going to change her clothes.  She reminds me of King Kong lumbering around in those outfits. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I think this is a new one - apologies if it duplicates the other article someone else linked a couple weeks ago: https://www.businessinsider.com/lularoe-lawsuit-founders-llcs-2018-11

Most of that was over my head, but I guess the gist of it is that Lularoe is going down the toilet? 

I can't imagine why....look at these beautiful clothes. I'm just dying to buy some.

Good luck with that, all you Browns.

{picture from the article}

Screenshot_20190103-021947.jpg

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Most of that was over my head, but I guess the gist of it is that Lularoe is going down the toilet? 

Yep.  And the owners are taking the cash and bailing out.  Everyone else down the line is shit out of luck stuck with boxes and boxes of those hideous rags.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I can't imagine why....look at these beautiful clothes. I'm just dying to buy some.

Bwahahaha!  The best part about this is that the further you scroll down the photo, the funnier it gets!

The lady on the right is wearing her bedroom slippers with her bathrobe over her LLR dress.  Interesting concept, never would've thought of that.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yep.  And the owners are taking the cash and bailing out.  Everyone else down the line is shit out of luck stuck with boxes and boxes of those hideous rags.

Meri must have heard the rumblings about the financial situation with LLR when she enlisted Christine, Mykelti and Audge (possibly Maddie was onboard before irrefutable evidence was in).

The fact that she brought them into the fold knowing the corporation was on shaky ground says a lot about her.  Either she knew and was so eager to boost her own position in the upper echelon by increasing her downline that she onboarded them anyhow OR she blindly refused to believe that she had made a bad choice in joining the company in the first place.  We all know that Meri adamantly refuses to admit she could ever be wrong about anything.

It was interesting to me that Audge announced last week that she will be attending the 2019 LLR cruise in March.  In order to "cruise qualify" in 2018, the criteria was that a rep. had to sell $12,000. per month for 6 months over an 8 month period.  I find it hard to believe that Audge, even with her degree in marketing or merchandising, managed to hang enough of those rags on her contemporaries to qualify.  Possibly now with so many bailing out of the good ship LLR, they have either relaxed the standard for the number of sales or ultra-eager neophytes are allowed to attend if they pay their own fare on the cruise. In any case, cruise attendees must pay their own transportation to and from the point of departure as well as all expenses for a partner they may wish to bring along.

I wonder if ESA's are allowed onboard ship? 

• Love 11

@Sandy W, 1,000 likes for the above.  Still laughing about 'the good ship LLR.'

I want to believe that Sludge couldn't possibly have met the cruise qualify numbers, but on Princess Mariah's thread, M's yoga pose garnered a frightening number of likes.  Surely there can't be that many sycophants for this pair, can there?  Ugh.

• Love 10

I was just watching some YouTube vids when Meri appeared in an add for Lizzie's B&B. I watched the whole thing and the inn was awarded the 2018 Best B&B by the Utah state tourism board!

• Love 4

Is she contractually obligated to stick those stupid hashtags into every single post?  What the heck does #LivingMyWhy have to do with going for a walk?  The #BecauseICan always comes across as super smug, but #LifeFulfilled?  Give me a break.  Your spirit husband is sleeping with the newly skinny wife, the wife you brought in as revenge, and your mortal enemy.  At least #BundleUp makes sense.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is she contractually obligated to stick those stupid hashtags into every single post?  What the heck does #LivingMyWhy have to do with going for a walk?  The #BecauseICan always comes across as super smug, but #LifeFulfilled?  Give me a break.  Your spirit husband is sleeping with the newly skinny wife, the wife you brought in as revenge, and your mortal enemy.  At least #BundleUp makes sense.

It seems to me that Meri adopted the #LivingMyWhy and #BecauseICan coincidentally around the same time she began flogging LLR.  I don't think the expressions are unique to LLR but they have adopted them to present an image of a strong, independent person that anyone could become by decking themselves out in these hideous rags.  I am sure these mantras are drilled into them at rah-rah corporate rallies.

Meri grabbed these concepts and ran with them, it fit right in with her previous personal growth inspirations obtained not by self-reflection, but by cruising the aisles of Hobby Lobby.

• Love 9
On 1/3/2019 at 3:31 AM, ChiCricket said:

How is it possible that people think this stuff looks good? If you take the shoes off the first girl and put them on the fourth, that could be a cute dressy outfit. The fourth and fifth girl's shoes might work with other clothes - everything else needs to go.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Unfortunately for me, I went to the LLR website to see "the collection".  YIKES!  Seriously, who would buy this stuff if they had any taste or sense of style ( or self respect).  I think I need eye bleach.

It would take some very careful curating to put decent outfits together, and most seem like they would only work if integrated selectively with clothes from outside the collection. Hardly seems worth the effort or expense.

• Love 9
On 1/3/2019 at 9:56 AM, laurakaye said:

Bwahahaha!  The best part about this is that the further you scroll down the photo, the funnier it gets!

The lady on the right is wearing her bedroom slippers with her bathrobe over her LLR dress.  Interesting concept, never would've thought of that.

Wow, that is some ugly schmatta !

I agree with @Gothish520 that one could make some of these pieces work separately with other more toned-down items--but together? Ugh.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Wow, that is some ugly schmatta !

It's like they deliberately use patterns in tops and bottoms that can never, ever find a suitable combination inside the collection.  Daring women to look like crap.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

It's like they deliberately use patterns in tops and bottoms that can never, ever find a suitable combination inside the collection.  Daring women to look like crap.

Note the drooping, uneven hemlines in #1 and #4.  #2 solved the problem by artfully knotting the hem.

• Love 5

LuLaNo Leadership?  To do what, lead the rats aboard the sinking ship?  Can she really be that stupid or has she covered her losses by selling out her family members. They'll be stuck with barrels of crappy, unsellable stuff but she'll have gotten her bonus so tough shit to the rest.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

She's not giving Christine a ride?  I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

Christine's probably not in "leadership" like Meri so she's probably not going to this event. Meri always held herself above the other wives because she was the first and legal wife. Now she's got a group of LLR lemmings she can feel superior to because she's in 'leadership', plus she's extra special because she's a teevee star.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Christine's probably not in "leadership" like Meri so she's probably not going to this event. 

Christine's not in leadership but Meri's no-name sister is?  No snark, I'm legitimately wondering.

@AZChristian I'm so jealous of your trip!  And for your eyesight's sake I'm glad you won't have to share the park with a mob of LLR devotees.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

@AZChristian I'm so jealous of your trip!  And for your eyesight's sake I'm glad you won't have to share the park with a mob of LLR devotees.

We saw a woman in an obvious LLR outfit on a cruise a couple of years ago.  At which point I pulled out my phone and pretended to be discussing how to take a picture with hubby while I was snapping away.  It was that memorable.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We already have reservations to eat at Downtown Disney when we go in 10 days.  At least I won't have to worry about losing my appetite by seeing these outfits.

Have a great time on your trip!!!

Just be sure not to wear a too tight jean jacket over an ugly patterned dress with mismatched sausage leggings or you may be mistaken for "one of them" still hanging around.

• Love 6

Almost as bad . . . we're an old couple in our 70s who always wear matching t-shirts.  That way, if we get separated, I know what he's wearing so I can ask people, "Have you seen a man wearing this same t-shirt?"  It's our "thing" to wear the matching shirts, and we get lots of smiles and people asking to take our picture.  Only once has a young man seen us, looked at his wife and said, "Never in your wildest dreams.  Don't even ask."  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Please tell me they don't say "I'm with stupid" and have an arrow.

We do have a couple of sets with arrows.  One says, "I'm with my BFF," and the others say "I'm hers," and "He's mine."

If I can find the blank shirts I want, I have iron-ons to make for Disneyland:  His says, "Ours is a storybook romance.  I'm a Prince, and she's Charming."  Mine says, "Ours is a storybook romance.  He's a Prince, and I'm Charming."  On the back, they'll both say, "And we lived Happily Ever After."

• Love 15