Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I thought it was fabric to make the kids their Christmas pj's.  Guess she is too busy these days being a #socialretailer.

I forgot she used to make jammies every year. She had some nice qualities then. You just know she gifts them LLR for every occasion these days. I wonder if there's in-fighting over who wears whose LLR in public, LOL.

Edited by suomi
too many "these days"
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, suomi said:

I forgot she used to make jammies every year. She had some nice qualities then. You just know she gifts them LLR for every occasion these days. I wonder if there's in-fighting these days over who wears whose LLR in public, LOL.

Whereas, in most families, wearing LLR in public is the result of an ill-conceived triple dog dare.....

• Love 10
On 11/26/2018 at 6:34 PM, suomi said:

. I'd say "Sorry, but my reputation is walking around town on your head, no can do." 

when I saw that statement I read that as she was walking upside down on her head and she had feet coming out of her head.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Not a single one of those leggings would look flattering on me. I’m skinny at 80 lbs and almost everything looks good on me. I’ll go sit at my table for one and say that I do like the ones with kitties. That a reflection on my feelings for cats not LuLaNo clothes. 

Are we sure this isn't a social experiment? Make the ugliest clothes ever, then get women to buy into it and try to sell said ugly clothes to other women. Why are we doing this to one another?!?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Are we sure this isn't a social experiment? Make the ugliest clothes ever, then get women to buy into it and try to sell said ugly clothes to other women. Why are we doing this to one another?!?

Somebody is laughing all the way to the bank and it isn’t someone from the Brown family. 

• Love 11

I suppose one might likely wear a tunic-length shirt/cardigan over these hideous leggings, but whenever I see some of those patterns my mind always goes to how that print is going to land on a basic human form, if you get my meaning.  I mean, would you want the words "Merry and Bright" hovering over your keester?  Or a strategically placed candy cane?  With grotesque patterns such as these, you gotta be careful what you look like heading out to pick up a gallon of milk or whatnot.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I suppose one might likely wear a tunic-length shirt/cardigan over these hideous leggings, but whenever I see some of those patterns my mind always goes to how that print is going to land on a basic human form, if you get my meaning.

I was shopping for some tunic length tops on Amazon yesterday and while reading product reviews, one gal had posted "I was looking for a tunic to go with my LuLaRoe leggings" and she had included a picture. She was wearing a solid black tunic and high black boots, so basically she overpaid for crazy patterned leggings, and then because of the length of the tunic, and height of the boots, had about 6 inches of the leggings showing.

STILL wasn't a good look! :-) You're exactly right, about where it lands on the human form...with all that black, then a sudden burst of color on that part of her legs, it made her legs look fat.

I'm not against a patterned legging if you wear it the way she was wearing it, but to me it still needs to be a "muted" color palette on the legging...and I've yet to see a "muted" LLR legging palette.

And you know that tons of people are NOT wearing a long enough tunic with this cheap crap. They want to show off their "Merry and Bright" behind. Ugh. 

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I suppose one might likely wear a tunic-length shirt/cardigan over these hideous leggings, but whenever I see some of those patterns my mind always goes to how that print is going to land on a basic human form, if you get my meaning.  I mean, would you want the words "Merry and Bright" hovering over your keester?  Or a strategically placed candy cane?  With grotesque patterns such as these, you gotta be careful what you look like heading out to pick up a gallon of milk or whatnot.

I would guess you have to wear something long with these leggingks.  They are nearly see through when stretched out!  Merry and Bright right over your behind with your panties showing through!

• Love 8

I have a pair of pants that are very similar to the "cat in the Santa hat" ones shown in Meri's pic, except it's snowmen instead of cats...but they are PAJAMA pants, and I wouldn't dream of leaving the house in them. Unless it's for a trip to the ER, then all bets are off. :-) If I've had a migraine for 6 hours, and have given up on my medications doing any good, I don't give a rat's patootie what I'm wearing. 

When my mother was still alive, we were frequent ER visitors...either she was taking me, or I was taking her. I'd jump in my car in the middle of the night to go get Mom, in my pj's, and she'd be sitting there waiting for me, scary cancer complications be damned, fully dressed and "going out in public" presentable! Ha! I must have been a terrible disappointment, with my very un-lady-like ways!

24 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I would guess you have to wear something long with these leggingks.  They are nearly see through when stretched out!  Merry and Bright right over your behind with your panties showing through!

Lordy yes, someone posted a link to a "leggings fail" article with a bunch of women in stores with their panties clearly showing...there are some things I wouldn't wear, EVEN to the emergency room! If I ordered leggings or pajama pants and they ended up being as see through as pantyhose, they'd go right into the garbage.

• Love 10

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that Arizona has snow right now, and I'm sitting here in Iowa with none. Not that I'm complaining, I don't want any!

Love your caption, while Janelle was sipping by the fire, ha ha! Meri's always had more of a "get after it and get it done" attitude than Janelle, I'll give her that. 

Kody should be running around Flagstaff clearing 4 driveways, that jerk...it's not like he has a job or anything. 

FOUR driveways, because he has FOUR wives, did you know that? ;-)

• Love 15
On 11/28/2018 at 8:32 PM, LoneWolf said:

Again, my eyes, MY EYES!!!! Those pics need warnings. 

I think these were the worst leggings I ever saw. (And she wore them to work!)

Screenshot_20181130-193409.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Those are almost as good as these beauties that were in Facebook marketplace near me.  Why do women do this to themselves?  WHY???

CDB24502-D173-4ABD-8A43-859F2F1C2D46.jpeg

Edited by Kbo
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

While Janelle was sipping by the fire.....

I don't often applaud Meri but good for her! Shoveling snow is a great workout and I don't see Janelle having the attitude to want to do it--for her it's either too hot, too cold, too this, too that. Then, she'll tell us all about how hard it is to get motivated. Meri just did it so, well done. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Kbo said:

Those are almost as good as these beauties that were in Facebook marketplace near me.  Why do women do this to themselves?  WHY???

Now I know why "Atlas Shrugged"!

• Love 13
On 11/30/2018 at 5:27 PM, Sasha888 said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that Arizona has snow right now, and I'm sitting here in Iowa with none. Not that I'm complaining, I don't want any!

Well, THAT lasted a whole DAY! Snowstorm started today, expected to last two and half days. I had to go an open my big mouth.

Anybody else notice the ad for the Atlas leggings is titled "Thights"? Is this a new thing I'm not aware of, or just a typo when the person actually meant "tights"?

Please tell me "thights" isn't a new word LLR created that means "thin tights that will rip the first time you put them on". Because you know, leggings implies it's clothing, but if you call it "thights" the company can say "of course they ripped, we clearly told you that you were buying THIGHTS".

• Love 7
On 11/28/2018 at 6:48 PM, toodles said:

Those leggings look like Christmas pjs, not something you wear in public. I guess you could wear them to Wal-Mart though.  You would fit right in.

I love LulaRoe leggings as winter time pjs (I’m very cold blooded but try to keep the heat at 70 in the winter) AND they are excellent to wear under work pants because they are warm but not binding. I wouldn’t wear them out in public, but bumming around the house with a sweatshirt on they are great. 

LulaRoe is going DOWN as other posters mentioned above- what’s Merai going to do then?

• Love 7
On 11/28/2018 at 6:48 PM, toodles said:

Those leggings look like Christmas pjs, not something you wear in public. I guess you could wear them to Wal-Mart though.  You would fit right in.

I don't know what it is about Wal-Mart, but it brings out the Pajamas In Public People. I'll never understand it! Makes a boring trip to the store more interesting though. 5 points for every pajama wearer you spot...10 points if they're also wearing slippers!

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I don't know what it is about Wal-Mart, but it brings out the Pajamas In Public People. I'll never understand it! Makes a boring trip to the store more interesting though. 5 points for every pajama wearer you spot...10 points if they're also wearing slippers!

Another 10 bonus points if butt crack exposed when bending or reaching.  If this sight is spotted in the food aisles, it should be reported to management immediately.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I love LulaRoe leggings as winter time pjs (I’m very cold blooded but try to keep the heat at 70 in the winter) AND they are excellent to wear under work pants because they are warm but not binding. I wouldn’t wear them out in public, but bumming around the house with a sweatshirt on they are great. 

Well, hand in there and you'll be able to buy a boatload for about 10 bucks shortly.  Sellers will be banging down your door.

• Love 5
On 12/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, Sasha888 said:

My best friend's mom HATES seeing pajamas at Walmart and has remarked on it for decades. A few years ago, my friend, her sister, and their families went to Walmart in pajamas, took a picture, framed it, and gave it to their mom at Christmas. It was awesome to see her laughing so hard. Best part was my friend's BIL wore a huge, pink bunny onesie--he's a rockstar! 

• Love 15
On 11/30/2018 at 9:40 PM, Kbo said:

I cannot believe this is a real thing.  Good lord.  I wouldn't even wear these to sleep in if they were lined with chinchilla fur (I used to have a chinchilla so I don't want anyone wearing these cute little things but that is the softest thing I could think of!).

• Love 6

So LLN money paid for it?  I thought she browbeat the rest of them into buying it for her.  And "LuLaRoeForLife" might more accurately be "LuLaRoeUntilTheLawsuitsRunItOutOfBusiness". 

Does she not read the news?  Does she seriously believe this pyramid is going to last forever?  Talk about drinking the Koolaid.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

So LLN money paid for it?  I thought she browbeat the rest of them into buying it for her.  And "LuLaRoeForLife" might more accurately be "LuLaRoeUntilTheLawsuitsRunItOutOfBusiness". 

Does she not read the news?  Does she seriously believe this pyramid is going to last forever?  Talk about drinking the Koolaid.

She might read the news but it appears to have no effect...

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 10.46.12 AM.jpeg

• Love 13

I guess this answers once and for all that what Meri earns stays with Meri and does not go towards the family grocery/bills/insurance/vacation funds.  I wish she'd just call a spade a spade and let it be known that she does not, in fact, believe in living this lifestyle.  Or rather - she did believe until she found Kody a new plaything, Kody divorced Meri to marry Robyn and her master plan blew up in her face.  It's completely disingenuous that she's even pretending to still be a part of this family.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I guess this answers once and for all that what Meri earns stays with Meri and does not go towards the family grocery/bills/insurance/vacation funds.  I wish she'd just call a spade a spade and let it be known that she does not, in fact, believe in living this lifestyle.  Or rather - she did believe until she found Kody a new plaything, Kody divorced Meri to marry Robyn and her master plan blew up in her face.  It's completely disingenuous that she's even pretending to still be a part of this family.

Yeah, I wish she'd stop pretending she's "happy."

I think Meri had fairytale expectations of this lifestyle and thought that by helping Kody find wives, it would raise her status in his eyes. Instead, for her efforts, she was pushed aside for fresh meat. Feelings of jealousy and resentment caused her to plot and play games, which backfired on her. She really sealed her fate with the catfish debacle when everyone saw how sad and miserable she was, miserable enough to fall in love with someone she perceived as actual. 

Then, we watched her get snarky about it, denying her involvement and playing victim. We watched her try to "fix" things with Kody, pitifully. To me it seemed the more tears she shed, the more he resented her. I think he knew that had Meri's "love" been actual, she'd have been outta there but there she was, crying about how she wanted to "fix" the relationship. She got caught because "Sam" wasn't real--so she had no other options except to try and slink her way back into the family and Kody knew it. They all knew it. 

Now I think her strategy is to play on her independence. It's just so awkward. We all know despite trying to work on it, she and Janelle will never be close. She and Kody are romantically broken, why does she keep trying? Just, what is she doing there? 

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri's not giving up the TLC $ until it ends.  Money has to be the only reason she pretends she's staying.  

She's bitter, not better.  I wonder if they're going with the same intro when they return to TV.  Lies, all lies.

I think another reason Meri is still there is her deep-seated need to prove herself above and beyond the rest of the "wives".  Coming from a plyg. background, she has no doubt witnessed her mother and siblings jockeying for a position in the hierarchy, so it's ingrained in her to be deserving of the most attention.

This is what drives her to success with LLR, if she can't gain favor with Kody, she at least has the satisfaction of knowing that she is capable of earning more than the rest of them combined.  It also gives her the opportunity to rub their collective noses in their failed attempts.

The notoriety that the show brings her also draws customers who want a "brush with greatness" and enhances her sales.  That exposure, plus the TLC paycheck is what keeps her around...for now.

• Love 8
On 12/8/2018 at 6:15 AM, Kohola3 said:

My guess is no.  Maybe she is like my Mormon relatives who NEVER know what is going on with the news.  This was a long time ago but when the Jonbenet Ramsey thing was going on they had no idea who JB was or what happened.  Little Mormon bubble.

• Love 7

Yes, it's a lovely tablecloth, Meri. But in my humble opinion, most people are interested in their own family history, not someone else's. Some people aren't even interested in their own. I love researching my ancestry and have found a ton on stuff that I think is fascinating, but I highly doubt it's of interest to anyone outside my family.

But if she wants to play "family histories - poker style" I'll see your tablecloth Meri, and raise you a MURDER. That my great-grandfather witnessed as a child. It ain't pretty, but it's a hell of a lot more interesting to me!

I mean, I get it to a certain point...it's Lizzie's HERITAGE Inn, so you have some family items & stories...but unless someone in your family was famous, why should someone else care so much about your family history? The house Lizzie Borden lived in and killed her parents in is a B&B. Frankly I'd rather stay there, but I'm probably in the minority on that one! :-) If I were to seek out a B&B in hopes of meeting a ghost, I think I'd find a more interesting ghost in Fall River, Mass than in Parowan.

But I'm a big Discovery ID fan, so your mileage my DEFINITELY vary! ;-P Anyone else up for a trip to the East Coast to see some Borden family ghosts or is it just me?

Edited by Sasha888
It's Discovery, not Discover, that is a credit card not a tv channel!
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I think an empty table, or a period piece would have been better.

That's one of the those generic "funeral plant baskets" that well-meaning people send and then you are stuck with it as the plants all outgrow the basket but you feel bad throwing them away.  A nice vase or some other piece of junk left by St. Lizzie would have been more attractive.

38 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

But in my humble opinion, most people are interested in their own family history, not someone else's.

Totally agree.  Unless your grandmother was Eleanor Roosevelt or some such, I really don't give a fig about him or her.  We talk about our ancestors when we get together as a family but I certainly don't bore strangers with their mundane lives.  And it wouldn't bring me to your home or B&B either.

• Love 9

I agree, Sasha. The tablecloth is a work of art, though. I took a class this fall to learn tatting. What learned was that tatting is really, really mind boggling difficult. My goal was to make a bookmark.it was a disaster. I can't even imagine the time and effort that went in to making a tablecloth. It certainly it does deserve to be topped with more than tired plants.

Edited by neh
Spelling
  • Love 10

I hope that ugly pot doesn't leak and stain the tablecloth - put a plate under it, nimwit!   My grandmother & great grandmother made similar beautiful tablecloths, but I was the one who usually got the painstaking job of cleaning off spilled coffee & wax every Thanksgiving/Christmas … until I got a piece of glass to cover it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, neh said:

I agree, Sasha. The tablecloth is a work of art, though. I took a class this fall to learn tatting. What learned was that tatting is really, really mind boggling difficult. My goal was to make a bookmark.it was a disaster. I can't even imagine the time and effort that went in to making a tablecloth. It certainly it does deserve to be topped with more than tired plants.

My grandmother taught me to crochet fair, but when she would tat, her shuttle wash moving so fast I couldn't tell what she was doing.  I still have a few things she made for me and I take very good care of them.

• Love 5

A body language expert would have a field day with Mariah's pose.  Her "little girl" sleeves over her hands and pigeon-toed stance juxtaposed with her sexy! satin tights are making a statement.

Maybe something like..."look at me mommy and daddy, I'm all growed up, but still your widdle girl".

• Love 7

Hey, for once Meri is not the worst dressed person in a picture!!! 

You CANNOT pull off those pants, Princess Mariah. Can't pull them off in a fashion sense, and also probably can't pull them off literally. Yeesh.

God, that is so awful it makes Meri look slim and well put together! 

• Love 6