Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, General Days said:

I don't think she sees herself as all-wise or all-perfect, @Cetacean. Over the course of the show, it seems to me that Meri has been more forthcoming about and apologetic for her faults than any of the other Brown parents (although to be fair, Janelle has been pretty candid about herself and her part in her early-marriage friction with Meri, too). Janelle and Meri  did some good work on their relationship. I hope the divorce/separations doesn't undo it.

I agree, @Tuxcat

I agree, @GeeGolly I think Meri is doing what AA expresses as: "Fake it 'til you make it."

How, specifically, has she been forthcoming? I don’t see it. In fact I find her sneakier and more cunning than the rest — she did have to ask at least one LLR person to pretend people paid for her over-priced “retreat” (I doubt anyone actually paid). That’s kinda shady of her.

Mayne it was a group decision for her to keep her mouth shut about the catfish, but Meri isn’t an open person. I believe she thinks she’s more important than she is (hence her high priced retreat). There are examples of her being rude to her own LLR customers. I think deep down, at her core, she’s a disagreeable, contrary person and the gibberish platitudes are a way for her to try and not appear that way. She knows she has a sour reputation and she tries to overcome it with filtered photos and carefully curated social media content. She’s as fake as they come. 

ETA: Besides Robyn Meri is sneaky. I wrote this before coffee (major oversight Robyn is definitely sneaky).  Also no idea why the double-post occurred. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional post coffee comment
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I'm fairly certain that she posts most of these "I'm awesome" posts and memes because LuLaRoe encourages (if not outright demands) their salespeople to make sure that everyone in their circles knows how freakin' awesome their lives are 100% of the time, regardless if it's true or not.  If she's happy, good for her.  I just never trust when someone has to constantly proclaim how wonderful everything is for them...it's like that creative writing advice to "show, don't tell."  Show us you're happy without having to spell it out with 15 hashtags and a picture filtered to make you look like a middle-aged version of Plyg Barbie.

Judging by the comments she gets now, many of her followers aren't buying what she's selling anymore.

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So, she’s doing another retreat at Lizzie’s. It’s not up on the site yet, but will be held, “the weekend after Valentine’s Day”.

I can see her motivation with this.  If she had been one and done with the retreat people would speculate that she had padded the number of participants with her LLR "huns".   😅

By announcing another, the insinuation is that the general public are clamoring to sit at the feet of Mistress Meri and absorb her words of wisdom.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I can see her motivation with this.  If she had been one and done with the retreat people would speculate that she had padded the number of participants with her LLR "huns".   😅

By announcing another, the insinuation is that the general public are clamoring to sit at the feet of Mistress Meri and absorb her words of wisdom.

She seems to be working with a group of "women entrepreneurs" who do this "retreat with me" empowerment thing at many locations.  A scam obviously. I can't decide if Meri is being scammed or if she is the scammer. 

Edited by Tuxcat
fixed words
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 8
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is Meri asking a ridiculous amount of money for this one, too?  If so, her huns will get comped for pretending like they are paying guests, yet again.

I don’t understand how Meri sees herself as so damn important and desirable. From the most recent clip of her saying Kody would “miss” all this while flipping her short, ratty hair around (he won’t, he’ll just miss her money) to charging 6k for a retreat, she acts like she’s Jennifer Lopez. 

Her “fake it til you make it” attempts are failing miserably, she’s still a frumpy, grating, dullard of a person. She’s got no experience or training in retreats besides attending them, why does she think she can charge so much with zero reputation? In boring, cold, nowhere UTAH? I dare say she’s got some Whitney Thore type delusions going on. 

I genuinely would love to see a different side of Meri — one that doesn’t need constant validation, sees herself as she is and has quiet confidence. What I see in Meri currently is just a loud, bleating goat.

Hopefully she’s learned her lesson and charges a normal fee for what will likely be a cold, boring, creaky weekend in nowhere, Utah (and hopefully if she goes to operate her business in the national parks, she has a permit or she faces fines). 

On 1/5/2023 at 8:48 PM, Cetacean said:

As evidenced by her Barbie Doll filtered pictures.  Sadly we see her as she really is so I don't know why she bothers.

I don’t know why she doesn’t just work to become what she filters. She has the money for gyms, trainers, skin care and procedures. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t understand how Meri sees herself as so damn important and desirable. From the most recent clip of her saying Kody would “miss” all this while flipping her short, ratty hair around (he won’t, he’ll just miss her money) to charging 6k for a retreat, she acts like she’s Jennifer Lopez. 

Her “fake it til you make it” attempts are failing miserably, she’s still a frumpy, grating, dullard of a person. She’s got no experience or training in retreats besides attending them, why does she think she can charge so much with zero reputation? In boring, cold, nowhere UTAH? I dare say she’s got some Whitney Thore type delusions going on. 

I genuinely would love to see a different side of Meri — one that doesn’t need constant validation, sees herself as she is and has quiet confidence. What I see in Meri currently is just a loud, bleating goat.

Hopefully she’s learned her lesson and charges a normal fee for what will likely be a cold, boring, creaky weekend in nowhere, Utah (and hopefully if she goes to operate her business in the national parks, she has a permit or she faces fines). 

I don’t know why she doesn’t just work to become what she filters. She has the money for gyms, trainers, skin care and procedures. 

To many of us ME-ri has always been obnoxious, but since she has required a platform to shill her LLRags the rill Meri comes out to play.  Prior to that, she didn't have much to say on SM.

There she sits, with her size 18 frame squished into cheap size 12 garments, filtering her face and body, passing judgement and elevating herself to star status.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
50 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Could not have said it better myself. From episode 1, she has been delusional about her entire situation in life, which could be attributed to their isolation and cult brainwashing. She may have been a Very Important person there, but since the show has started and progressed, it’s like her ego and her demands have gotten worse and worse. She has always had horrible style and taste, and her expensiveness has just gotten worse, without a refinery or less vulgarity in what she chooses to wear and furnish her home with. As much as I hate to pick at anyone’s physical appearance, she is one of the homeliest women I think I’ve ever seen, yet she parades like she thinks she’s the most attractive thing on earth. The attitude has soured and dulled even more, too. She doesn’t care who she is rude to or who she steps on to get her way, and it’s cost her her family. It’s not just aging, it’s ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside. I can’t with her. 

• Like 5
  • Love 6

"Do you like to dream?  Do you dream at night?  Do you daydream?  If you dream anyways, you might as well dream a little dream of being a #BossBabe!  Dreams are just dreams but if you have a dream and then work on that dream it's not a dream anymore!  #MLM  Dream it and then dream about doing it and pretty soon your dreams will be real dreams!  #DreamItDoIt  I love to dream!  Dream dream dream!  All the time!  #Dreams #LuLaRoe #LivingMyDream"

Also, and this just occurred to me - since Meri is eyebrows deep in a shady MLM, I wonder how much influence Deanna (I think that's the name of the head of LLR) has on Meri sticking around like old gum on the bottom of Kody's shoe?  After all, Meri's a Z-list celebrity who clearly brings in other people, which means more money for the company.  I just wonder if working for LLR is partly responsible for keeping her glued to the show, and Kody, for as long as possible.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
On 1/7/2023 at 12:42 PM, Tuxcat said:

She seems to be working with a group of "women entrepreneurs" who do this "retreat with me" empowerment thing at many locations.  A scam obviously. I can't decide if Meri is being scammed or if she is the scammer. 

Ref. The retreat….I hear there’s an awesome location at a pumpkin farm in Oregon.  She might even get a discount for the rental.  🥴

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"Do you like to dream?  Do you dream at night?  Do you daydream?  If you dream anyways, you might as well dream a little dream of being a #BossBabe!  Dreams are just dreams but if you have a dream and then work on that dream it's not a dream anymore!  #MLM  Dream it and then dream about doing it and pretty soon your dreams will be real dreams!  #DreamItDoIt  I love to dream!  Dream dream dream!  All the time!  #Dreams #LuLaRoe #LivingMyDream"

Also, and this just occurred to me - since Meri is eyebrows deep in a shady MLM, I wonder how much influence Deanna (I think that's the name of the head of LLR) has on Meri sticking around like old gum on the bottom of Kody's shoe?  After all, Meri's a Z-list celebrity who clearly brings in other people, which means more money for the company.  I just wonder if working for LLR is partly responsible for keeping her glued to the show, and Kody, for as long as possible.

This jiggled my memory..a couple of weeks ago, I was snowed in, super bored, and watched one of Meri's lives. She freaks me out with those, the breathy, faux excitement, cheerleader sis boom ba, blablabla. On FB, I searched Lularoe lives, and oh my gosh! They are like clones. "Happy Monday!", the big eyes, the smoothing the hair back. 

Watch a couple, do it, I dare ya!

Edited by Art Of Noiz
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
36 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

This jiggled my memory..a couple of weeks ago, I was snowed in, super bored, and watched one of Meri's lives. She freaks me out with those, the breathy, faux excitement, cheerleader sis boom ba, blablabla. On FB, I searched Lularoe lives, and oh my gosh! They are like clones. "Happy Monday!", the big eyes, the smoothing the hair back. 

No thank you 🤣

• LOL 9

You all will probably not agree with me, but I think Meri won. Given that her family is still in "the faith," Meri doubled down on her "commitment" after the humiliating catfishing crap. She did indeed hang on until he finally gave up. He left. So he's the one that broke their eternal vow. She can walk away cleanly and publicly now.

The remaining question. Will she still be on the show? Unlike the others, I don't see an option. The others have their family ties and Meri doesn't. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

@oliviabenson, where did you find the screen images with the message just from Meri (i.e. the ones with the black background)?

I don't see them on her Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.

12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Congratulation, Robyn!  YOU WIN!  Hahahahahahahahahahaha

...the booby prize.

7 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

You all will probably not agree with me, but I think Meri won. Given that her family is still in "the faith," Meri doubled down on her "commitment" after the humiliating catfishing crap. She did indeed hang on until he finally gave up. He left. So he's the one that broke their eternal vow. She can walk away cleanly and publicly now.

The remaining question. Will she still be on the show? Unlike the others, I don't see an option. The others have their family ties and Meri doesn't. 

I largely agree with you, @Tuxcat. And I do think she'll be on the show. Leon is a tie. They're not on the show, but they tie her to the family. Also Robyn and her kids are ties for Meri. Mostly, I think Meri will be on the show, so she can keep getting that TLC money to keep Lizzy's Heritage Inn afloat.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Well, coat me in breadcrumbs and call me a catfish!  Meri finally admitted that Kody doesn't want her back in any way, shape, or form!

Congratulation, Robyn!  YOU WIN!  Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Omg!  Coat me in breadcrumbs…..catfish!  Too funny.  I’m using this one.  Ha! 

I’ll be interested to see how they ALL keep the polygamist theme going….I guess they won’t.  Maybe, just call it, Sister Wives….Happily Ever After!🤣

• Like 8

Damn, Meri really could have waited until the season after next to leave Kody, right? Next season Jexit and the birth of Mykelti's twins, and then Mexit and maybe Leon's wedding. Why the rush, Meri? Couldn't you wait just another two years? After all, you promised Robyn to hang in there and stay with them. How could you resist her (fake) tears and leave anyway, without the cameras, on top of all that? 

ETA: Kody posted his announcement on his Insta, too, and he didn't block the comments. 797 so far, I got a lot of reading to do😉

Edited by Elodia
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Meri left the comments on for the post. She has over 2,000.

That’s weird.

I see it now. I don't use Instagram (and am very stupid). I thought Meri put up that message as an image, so even when you explained where it was, I thought she replied to herself.

I feel as stupid as Kody Brown looks when dancing, right about now. Dance Party Dancing GIF by TLC

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

“In the month's since the taping of those interviews, Kody and I have had many open and honest discussions that have led to our announcement today.”

Yeah, I don’t believe this for a hot second. Kody could barely be bothered with Meri. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
6 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

“In the month's since the taping of those interviews, Kody and I have had many open and honest discussions that have led to our announcement today.”

Yeah, I don’t believe this for a hot second. Kody could barely be bothered with Meri. 

Plus neither of them know the meaning of the word honest.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8

Meri, if you have to scold your followers into not posting mean comments, you might just want to turn your comment section off, because from what I'm seeing you're getting about an 80% negativity rating over there on the IG...and lots of folks wondering when you're going to give Christine a public apology.

Also, today might be the day that Robyn figures out how to cry real tears as she fills out applications for legit work stocking groceries or flipping burgers.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This is genius! A+!

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

The man who blithely announced on national TV he was done with her and didn't GAF if she married someone else was open and honest with her?

Please.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

.and lots of folks wondering when you're going to give Christine a public apology.

there are some seriously unhinged Saint Christine warriors over there. Why do they worship her. Meri is no prize, but she doesn't owe Christine anything.

• Like 6
On 12/7/2022 at 1:53 PM, Absolom said:

Nothing says pricey retreat like foil pans of fried and barbecued chicken.  Or whatever that is.  It looks like the fried chicken at my local grocery store deli.  It's good, but for $6000 I'd expect quite a bit more.

I used to put a lot more effort into the sundae bar at kids' parties and at the school annual fall carnival.  Colorful tablecloths, some seasonal decorations, and if you must use disposables at least make them cheerful.

Right?!  There were fewer than 10 guests.  Much smaller than her family gatherings.  Get out plates and serving platters etc for gods sake!

• Like 9
45 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

there are some seriously unhinged Saint Christine warriors over there. Why do they worship her. Meri is no prize, but she doesn't owe Christine anything.

I don’t have instagram nor do I follow Meri anywhere.  Nor do I have a good opinion of her. However I thought Meri was very fair to Christine on the recent Tell All episodes.  As opposed to the sniping she did in the THs on the season’s regular episodes.   She’s had several months to process Christine’s point of view by time the Tell All was filmed. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 11
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Is Meri now getting hair tips from Conan?

The higher the hair the closer to ?

The saddest part is all this photoshopping nonsense she does, yet posts all the affirmations of being real.

image.png.a321e6280da9ff15e0a6549d74070a32.png

Conan wore it better 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

The saddest part is all this photoshopping nonsense she does, yet posts all the affirmations of being real.

Haha. Imagine a cartoon version. It would give Fairly Odd parents a run for their money.

Screenshot_20230110-204235_Google.jpg

• LOL 6
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. The retreat….I hear there’s an awesome location at a pumpkin farm in Oregon.  She might even get a discount for the rental.  🥴

Does that pumpkin farm in Oregon have a bunch of little buildings around it like "General Store" and a treehouse or something?

She can actually RENT the big house there at the pumpkin patch but I BET the owner of said house will want real $$$$ and not just some bullshit crossover advertising.  Just a guess, of course.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meri left the comments on for the post. She has over 2,000.

That’s weird.

I guess my only question is: were those 2,000 comments WORTHY?? LOL!

7 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Conan's hair at least looks healthy!  Meri's hair looks like it needs some deep conditioning for a start.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is there a photo of the event with fried chicken in tin trays around here?  

If I remember correctly it is in the Meri thread, you will have to scroll backwards to find it. I forgot the exact date of the event...

• Like 4
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is there a photo of the event with fried chicken in tin trays around here?  

It's in the attached post from @ginger90, SunnyBeBe. Just click the little diagonal arrow, and it will bring you to it.

Edited by General Days
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/10/2023 at 9:50 AM, Art Of Noiz said:

I'm guessing they're a lot like the Paparazzi Jewelry lives.  I think those 2 companies are what most of the memes came from. *holds up product with other hand behind it and moves closer/further from the camera to get focused*

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2