Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Her haircut isn’t bad when it’s smoothed out, the style and colour suit her (can’t believe I’m saying that but, credit where it’s due). The messy choppy look I don’t care for, but her hair is better than it’s been in recent years (brassy yellow straw in desperate need of conditioning treatments and toner). The darker shade looks good on her. 

Y'all are clearly forgetting. Meri sees herself as "edgy." Self-aware, she is not.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Y'all are clearly forgetting. Meri sees herself as "edgy." Self-aware, she is not.

There was a split second years ago when that style of messy hair was popular. The trend might have lasted for a week or two at most.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

What purpose or storyline does Meri offer to the show now? It seems to me that’s it’s all fake simply to receive a paycheck from TLC and that’s just pathetic. 

Edited by Aspenglow
Clarity
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Aspenglow said:

What purpose or storyline does Meri offer to the show now? It seems to me that’s it’s all fake simply to receive a paycheck from TLC and that’s just pathetic. 

I think she’s there just to make us mad with her unempathetic and hypocritical attitude towards Christine. And as Christine has shown, you don’t need to “stay” to earn the paycheck. Christine agreed to keep filming after the “divorce”.

What. Is. Meri. Still. Doing. There. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Aspenglow said:

I think Meri might be only wife to consider what will happen financially after the show ends. She has the house in Parowan that is in her name only. I assume she keeps all the profits from fleecing her fans with her MLM. She receives a paycheque for appearing on the show and I hope it doesn’t go into the family pot.

Far from pathetic I think she may be the smartest one .

• Like 4
  • Love 2

At least one of the ladies pictured would have to be Meri's assistant or gopher, so that means she got six people to actually pay for this.  I would bet that they were recipients of drastically discounted "VIP" scholarships based on their Lulano sales  . . .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I think she’s there just to make us mad with her unempathetic and hypocritical attitude towards Christine. And as Christine has shown, you don’t need to “stay” to earn the paycheck. Christine agreed to keep filming after the “divorce”.

What. Is. Meri. Still. Doing. There. 

If Meri "left publicly" (because let's be honest - she's technically already left the family - they never even call her), I don't think she would have enough reason to be on the show. Christine has more staying power in terms of relevancy. Newly tied to Janelle. Truely is still tied to Kody. Mykelti keeps having babies...

19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh, yasss, Meri!  Teach all of us how to be better humans!!!

Of course, Meri has no sense of irony, does she?  Geez Louise.  🙄

Lol its somewhat ironic that we actually have no way of knowing if those retreat people are rill.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Amazing humans ? Lol no they are amazing victims of Meri’s scam retreat !

Dollars to donuts these attendees are a selection of her LLR "Huns".  They all appear to be in the 30 - 40 age range, where it seems most of the LLR sellers are.  Add to that random women from everyday life that fall into that age range are normally diverting their extra cash flow to paying down a mortgage, saving for kids college or choosing to spend the money on something the whole family would enjoy.  

To save face when Meri didn't get the response she hoped for, she no doubt put out calls to her biggest downline producers and offered them a freebee or 90% off weekend.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Dollars to donuts these attendees are a selection of her LLR "Huns".  They all appear to be in the 30 - 40 age range, where it seems most of the LLR sellers are.  Add to that random women from everyday life that fall into that age range are normally diverting their extra cash flow to paying down a mortgage, saving for kids college or choosing to spend the money on something the whole family would enjoy.  

To save face when Meri didn't get the response she hoped for, she no doubt put out calls to her biggest downline producers and offered them a freebee or 90% off weekend.

I think you're right.  Only one or two "high rollers" (suckers) that paid full price, and she'd still be making money.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Did Meri even go on the bike ride or was she in her car with a bull horn hollering for them to pedal faster!!!!! 

I see 8 bikes and 9 people.

and just what I’ve always dreamed of… paying $6,000 to stand in the middle of the road wrapped in an old blanket to keep from freezing to death.

Wtf were the activities? … All I see is a bike ride, standing around taking pics and sitting on the floor with old candles, bowls and crystals.

Is this a joke and Meri is just shitting on us?… what person in their right mind would pay for something so lame?

045B47CF-A134-4D56-84D9-F730B96CC09F.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Did Meri even go on the bike ride or was she in her car with a bull horn hollering for them to pedal faster!!!!! 

and just what I’ve always dreamed of… paying $6,000 to stand in the middle of the road wrapped in an old blanket to keep from freezing to death.

Wtf were the activities? … All I see is a bike ride, standing around taking pics and sitting on the floor with old candles, bowls and crystals.

Is this a joke and Meri is just shitting on us?… what person in their right mind would pay for something so lame?

Or she hopped on the back of the bike and one lucky participant got to  give Meri a bike ride 🤣

• LOL 5

Quoting @the-grey-lady from the Christine thread where we are talking about fashion- 

https://forums.primetimer.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=3429&content_commentid=7760867

Meri and the commitment ceremony dress-in Meri's defense, this shiny fabric can be HARD to wear, I was a bridesmaid once in a dress with that type of fabric, and I looked like a dolphin (it was SO silver, and SO shinny, and with the FLASH photography- it was a lot y'all) the way the light hits it, if it doesn't drape right it can give you lumps and bumps where you dont really have them (even on people with model like proportions). But Meri consistently wears TOO SMALL CLOTHES. I know these days many of our things have Lyra or stretch that doesnt usually mean you should wear a smaller size, I often find the stretch is for comfort. 

Also, it was a commitment ceremony dress, she wasnt throwing something on to "hang out" or even go out to dinner or something, you'd think she be more aware because we know she loves to take photos of herself. I would want to see what she wears to Leon/Audrey's wedding if they decide to have one(I know they are engaged but we haven't been given a date yet)

• Like 5
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

in Meri's defense, this shiny fabric can be HARD to wear,

This is very true! IIRC she had actually tried on a dress that didn't look too bad. But she loved the green and went with this one. It was awful. I have to think that either it just photographed way worse than it looked OR her mirror/ vision is somehow seriously distorted. Hmmm could be the latter.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
8 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

This is very true! IIRC she had actually tried on a dress that didn't look too bad. But she loved the green and went with this one. It was awful. I have to think that either it just photographed way worse than it looked OR her mirror/ vision is somehow seriously distorted. Hmmm could be the latter.

I do not think that green was the most flattering for her coloring, I think she wouldve looked nicer in a more cool toned green, like an emerald rather than an autumn green.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

If she’s charging people to operate a business in Zion she’d better have a permit. You cannot promote or operate a business or advertise within the park without a permit or contract with the park to operate a business there. It’s tempting to tip off the law enforcement division and prompt an investigation. We had that all the time at lake mead — illegal business operators (kayak trips, commercial hikes) and it was taken seriously.

Really Meri? Crystals? So you’re taking a spiritual (and serious) aspect of many peoples lifestyles and religions and making a commercial mockery of it?

Let’s add disrespectful cultural appropriation to the list of offences this woman has insensitively committed to grow her bank account. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Word reduction
  • Love 6
On 11/18/2022 at 12:52 PM, TurtlePower said:

Given how often Meri travels, you’d think she’d know what this actually means. Her big, old house might have been considered “luxurious” in the early 1800s, but now? At curiosity at most.

I think Meri and I have different ideas of luxurious — for 6k I’d be needing a large jacuzzi tub, the best champagne (I don’t drink but would make an exception for this), room service and high-end meals cooked by someone like Gordon Ramsay himself, a huge and comfy bed with mood lighting built in, voice controlled everything (Alexa this, Alexa that), a high-end salon, an arboretum, a garden, a gym and a spa. And even then, the last place I’d wanna be is in Utah in almost winter unless it was for skiing (and then I’d be at a chalet because let’s face it, Meri is not capable of ANY of the above).  If people don’t come out of this angry, I’ll be surprised.

Ah but Meri knows exactly what luxury means! Just look at the houses she’s been renting. Palatial, compared to Janelle and Christine. Some seem even bigger and more luxurious than Robyn’s (auch…that must hurt!) Also, there are all the extra finishings and additions she demanded for her Vegas house. She knows!

I guess this has more to do with an hugely inflated ego; a delusional notion of self-importance. She must honestly believe that people are queing up to spend bought-time with her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

25DFCB82-9F03-4715-B0F0-50D09C8A765D.jpeg

Is this from Meri or a lesson for Meri? Because if it’s from her, it’s pretty ironic that she’d be talking about walls when she’s put up so many she’s built an emotional Great Wall of China. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Is this from Meri or a lesson for Meri? Because if it’s from her, it’s pretty ironic that she’d be talking about walls when she’s put up so many she’s built an emotional Great Wall of China. 

I saw it on Facebook, not from Meri.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri, Queen of Mean, complaining that people are being mean to her by telling her she should leave Kody: 

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/sister-wives-meri-fans-come-at-me-amid-christine-kodys-split/amp/

Despite their issues, Meri has stayed committed to the family — and her spouse —

.... and only deviating that one time when a very attractive vegan billionaire offered to take her away from all the wonders of polygamy. It's cool tho, Meri's forgotten about it and so should you.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

That US clip makes me feel sad for Janelle, she really bought into this crap show. Now she has no ally, well she does, but her ally is now 'on the outside'. She really needs to follow Christine's lead. And Meri? Does she really think we're buying what she's selling? We're not her stupid, gullible MLM peeps. Meri, we SEE you.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ragingpixie said:

Despite their issues, Meri has stayed committed to the family — and her spouse —

.... and only deviating that one time when a very attractive vegan billionaire offered to take her away from all the wonders of polygamy. It's cool tho, Meri's forgotten about it and so should you.

That public humiliation was a lot and likely convinced her that leaving Kody was not the way to go. I think in many ways that fiasco beat her back into eternal submission. Kody says the family circled the wagon but I think we can see very clearly now - that never actually happened. They shunned her and told her she wasn't "safe." (the same word Christine used to use about her mom when her mom first left).

2 hours ago, gingerella said:

That US clip makes me feel sad for Janelle, she really bought into this crap show. Now she has no ally, well she does, but her ally is now 'on the outside'. She really needs to follow Christine's lead. And Meri? Does she really think we're buying what she's selling? We're not her stupid, gullible MLM peeps. Meri, we SEE you.

I mean we've bought what this show was trying to sell us for how long now? lol

Meri won't ever say polygamy or Kody are oppressive. She's in the afterlife with them whether they like it or not - but she does't really even talk to them day to day.

I don't agree with much of anything Meri says or does. I think she does play vicim - but I also think she is a victim of a problematic cultish ideology. And for some reason she's never able to get out of the box she built for herself. 

No. I don't feel sorry for her at all. Adults have to make choices. She made hers. She's grumpy, defensive, and irritating.

But, I still think its weird how the public likes to beat someone into submission and conformity - just like the  "principle" does. The goal of the "principle" is to learn to be come "selfless" or in other words DEFEATED.  

In the article/clip -  she says It is surprising to see how mean people are on line - to strangers they don't even know. Gonna have to agree on that one.

Lastly, I think Janelle will leave. She gains everything from siding with Christine.  Family support, public support, and way more opportunity to sell her pink drink.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I’d be willing to bet a million dollars that if a nice looking man (a REAL man) came along and paid attention to Meri all her loyalty to Kody, Robyn, the family and her faith would fly out the window and she’d be packing her bags and she’d be posting all sorts of cryptic messages about love moving mountains blah, blah, blah! ❤️⛰️

Meri stays put because she’s a coward, she needs someone to run away with otherwise she’ll never leave.

I have a handsome 47 yr old brother-in-law, he’s an estate planner and financial advisor and has done very well….if I didn’t care about him I’d be tempted to point him in Meri’s direction just to prove what a liar she is… I did show him a pic of Meri a couple years ago (he had no idea who she was) just to get his opinion as a single man and he thought she was nice looking, so I asked “would you date her?” And he said “yes”.  😂

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’d be willing to bet a million dollars that if a nice looking man (a REAL man) came along and paid attention to Meri all her loyalty to Kody, Robyn, the family and her faith would fly out the window and she’d be packing her bags and she’d be posting all sorts of cryptic messages about love moving mountains blah, blah, blah! ❤️⛰️

Meri stays put because she’s a coward, she needs someone to run away with otherwise she’ll never leave.

I have a handsome 47 yr old brother-in-law, he’s an estate planner and financial advisor and has done very well….if I didn’t care about him I’d be tempted to point him in Meri’s direction just to prove what a liar she is… I did show him a pic of Meri a couple years ago (he had no idea who she was) just to get his opinion as a single man and he thought she was nice looking, so I asked “would you date her?” And he said “yes”.  😂

Was it her real face or photoshop one? 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

She'll never PUBLICLY leave. Because in reality she's not actually a part of this family and hasn't been for a while. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I wonder if R&K will invite her for Thanksgiving dinner or if Covid will prevent them from having her in their house? You know Robyn had bronchitis years ago so they can't be too careful. 

And despite distancing from their family they keep getting covid. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

And despite distancing from their family they keep getting covid. 

Well, we know what the nanny does!  (brings covid into the million dollar mansion.)

Meri will likely be a barnacle again, and be with DABSARK, unless she's visiting Leo and Audrey.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’ve been saying this for years. The only reason Meri is there is bc she’s hasn’t found anyone she can leave with. If Catfish had been real, she would have gloated and peaced out years ago and flaunted that she was still “winning” and has something better than her Sister Wives.

Now how that wouldn’t be the sin of adultery I don’t know, but she’d spin it somehow. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I’ve been saying this for years. The only reason Meri is there is bc she’s hasn’t found anyone she can leave with. If Catfish had been real, she would have gloated and peaced out years ago and flaunted that she was still “winning” and has something better than her Sister Wives.

Now how that wouldn’t be the sin of adultery I don’t know, but she’d spin it somehow. 

I remember catfish (Sam cooper) was rich. It seems Meri also wants to be rich. The NotBatManYet page doesn’t exist anymore (because JO was finally taken down) and what with all her riches, it would seem Meri is trying to become Bruce Wayne, aka Batman. Also given her proclivity for filters, that makes Meri sort of catfishy. Meri should adopt the notbatmanyet page for the fake and fishy way she presents her greedy self (asking 6k for a trip to Zion is officially greedy). 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I believe this too.  Meri does go out, socialize and interact with people on a regular basis, she seems to enjoy being social (and I am glad she has an opportunity to do that), that makes it MORE likely she would meet someone. Meri has flaws like the rest of us, but I dont think she's such a horrid human being no one would be interested in her romantically. And unlike Christine, she doesn't have a minor child to care for right now. (Not saying Christine couldn't meet someone nice too, but she has to be extra careful with Truely at home, AND childrearing takes up a lot of your free time).

Meri would be gone in a couple of years if the right guy came along. He doesnt even have to be handsome or incredibly successful, probably just kind and attentive to her, she would leave Kody in a heartbeat.

• Like 7
  • Love 2