Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

You are right but, unfortunately, I think Kody is only bringing it up so he can look like the responsible one.  Given the choice between saving for the future or going on some stupidly expensive vacation or buying some stupidly expensive object, he's going to pick stupidly expensive every time!  (I'm only saying stupidly expensive in context - if you are a billionaire a Maserati would not be unreasonable, if you work minimum wage it would be stupidly expensive.)

I was hoping he'd come up with it on his own but you're probably right and it's show driven.

I just do not understand these idiots 

I've been around a lot of people in my life and met some real characters but I've never met anyone quite like the Brown's 

Maybe it's the polygamist lifestyle and mindset that makes the difference. 🤔

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I hate raglan sleeves and wtf is going on with all the bunched up material around the neck and bodice while the armpits are are pulling tight... not to mention the stuffed sausage arms. 😲

I don't mind a raglan sleeve, I think they are designed for more ease of movement than a tailored set-in sleeve.  BUT, in this instance, either the sweater is too small overall for Meri or they were never intended to accommodate line-backer shoulders.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

A dog grandma who is prohibited from having dogs in her rental unit...brilliant

Perhaps she did it on purpose, so she'll be the one to visit the grand dogs.  And her sisterwives cannot come over with their pets, so they'll stay home.

• LOL 7
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps she did it on purpose, so she'll be the one to visit the grand dogs.  And her sisterwives cannot come over with their pets, so they'll stay home.

And, since her daughter now has to PAY to fly her fake Emotional Support Animals maybe they'll do the responsible thing and leave them with a pet-sitter.

• Love 9

I don't believe I'm saying this, but that's not a bad picture overall.  Her hair looks good, no brown tooth showing, and the print is kinda cute in a kiddish sense.  I still hate her eyebrows though.

Meri will never wear size-appropriate clothes, I'm thinking.  She's the type that vanity sizing was made for.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't believe I'm saying this, but that's not a bad picture overall.  Her hair looks good, no brown tooth showing, and the print is kinda cute in a kiddish sense.  I still hate her eyebrows though.

Meri will never wear size-appropriate clothes, I'm thinking.  She's the type that vanity sizing was made for.

i don't mind it either (other than my personal dislike of raglan sleeves, they always look and feel uncomfortable to me, maybe it's my build)  but the fit is so typically tight which seems to be Meri's thing... iI guess she likes to say "I wear a size Large" even though she's squeezed into it like a sausage and should be wearing something 2X larger.

I don;t mind the print other than that fabric looks so LLR and cheap.... glad the brown tooth is covered.  😁

• Love 3

Raglan sleeves don't work on people with long necks and horizontal shoulders (like me and everyone in my family) and tend to accentuate the slope on people with sloped shoulders.  I think in the 1940's steeply sloped shoulders were the beauty ideal for women since many old movies feature raglan sleeves or bare, sloped shoulders.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3

She filters EVERY photo of herself. Every single one. 

All the wrinkles and lines magically disappeared.  

If Meri was on Tinder or Bumble with those photos and showed up at a meet date, the guy would be sooooooooooo pissed.  (I have actually ended dates at the beginning when guys didn't look like their photos, shoot me!)

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

She needs to lose the leopard print shoe booties but other than that its a huge improvement over what she normally wears and she's seems to be wearing her hair less frizzy which is also good.

She needs a cute pair of pumps with a little heel.

• Love 4
On 11/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I don't know why on earth Meri wants to live in such a huge house all by herself..

Anyone can look up her exact address on the internet and I'm thinking she's there alone most of the time and it's kind of spooky with lots of exterior doors not to mention all the windows on the ground level.

Tons of trees for someone to sneak around... plus it doesn't look like there's any neighbors next door since they're all on large properties.

If i was a single woman that's the last place I'd want to live.

ISa5ur8dpfyvyn1000000000.thumb.jpg.8c4b7ae4a286540a12427ee68a1c6bf5.jpg

I like where the house is, I would want a smaller one. For safety good locks, alarm system and a well trained German Shepard and keeping a concealed carry permit up to date and I would be good. Bad things can happen wherever you live.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'd be happy there with hubby... I just wouldn't want to live there alone and I'm fine with locks and alarms ... use them every day.

Meri isn't allowed to have any pets so a guard dog isn't an option and I don't know if she's packing a gun. ... I'm not a gun person so that wouldn't work for me.

I'd rather be in a smaller home with neighbors nearby... not on top of me but near enough if needed.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

She filters EVERY photo of herself. Every single one. 

All the wrinkles and lines magically disappeared.  

If Meri was on Tinder or Bumble with those photos and showed up at a meet date, the guy would be sooooooooooo pissed.  (I have actually ended dates at the beginning when guys didn't look like their photos, shoot me!)

hehe, that reminds me of one of my favorite The Big Bang Theory episodes, where Penny didn't look anything IRL like the photo Sheldon submitted for her on a dating site!

Yeah, it figures that Meri would try and make herself look younger/thinner/less wrinkly/whatever with Photoshop or somethingk.  I wouldn't have a clue how that works.

COL always!

Edited by xwordfanatik
an extra letter, I was filling generous.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

hehe, that reminds me of one of my favorite The Big Bang Theory episodes, where Penny didn't look anything IRL like the photo Sheldon submitted for here on a dating site!

Yeah, it figures that Meri would try and make herself look younger/thinner/less wrinkly/whatever with Photoshop or somethingk.  I wouldn't have a clue how that works.

COL always!

Hey! Looks like you stretched a bit on your profile. I don't think we're a good fit, so I'm not staying for this date. I'm giving you the rest of your Saturday afternoon back. Good luck in your search! 

😊😳

• LOL 5

So basically that's a naugahyde skirt and a Moto jacket with a completely useless zipper, right?

I'd die too - I just don't know what the real cause would be - from the circulation in my arms being cut off, the hot flashes, or of embarrassment.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Her lower half is seriously manipulated (look at the wall to the right; lots of editing). And her left arm looks a foot longer than her right, although she isn't tilted that much.

Her hair looks nice, though.

Omg I hadn't noticed how weird her left arm is... Like an orangutan 

Good grief her hand is almost touching her knee  😲

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

They are sure working hard to get us ready for the new season.  All of them being in the same house at the same time must take all the courage they can muster.

All we all convinced yet how close  and loving they all are?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Is "I got a wild hair" a saying or a Kodybrownism?  I've never heard anyone say it before, just "wild idea".  Though snow on a hill making one think of sledding on it isn't that "wild" of an idea, but completely normal.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

74C99AA9-B351-4162-96A5-5BAA84988DAB.jpeg

I don't know, maybe it's just me...but does Savannah always seem like she is pushed to the back or maybe she is just reserved and doesn't choose to be front and center with the camera crazed crowd selfies.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Is "I got a wild hair" a saying or a Kodybrownism?  I've never heard anyone say it before, just "wild idea".  Though snow on a hill making one think of sledding on it isn't that "wild" of an idea, but completely normal.

I think Meri at one time heard of a "hare brained" idea and it stuck as something wild and crazy, maybe even EDGY to do and tucked the phrase away for future reference.  Unfortunately, she somehow twisted the logic. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

"Got a wild hair" is actually an idiom. I didn't bat an eye when I first read her post, but then when I read your comment,  I started second guessing myself. I find myself doing that more frequently as I age. So, as I often do, I "googled" to be sure. It does mean something the same as wild idea, but also somewhat the same as "itching" to do something.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 11/8/2019 at 5:02 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Ha! I had to wear one while flying helicopter bighorn sheep surveys. Try dealing with it when you have to pee in the wild.

I wear them skydiving. If you're a guy and on a call, you can maybe rush off quickly and take a quick wee; for ladies, you're either missing your load or holding it. And if your lift that day is a 182, you'll be in the air 35 minutes or more before you can get that thing off.

It's fine for skydiving. Most of our day is spent on the ground, packing or prepping or waiting for our load. Out on a normal brunch day? Rompers and jumpsuits are NOT gonna work.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Is there a reason they need a vat of gravy and multiple turkeys? 
So far it's pretty obvious that there were at LEAST three kids and their significants missing: Mariah/Audrey, Maddie/Caleb, and Mykelti/FT. With the huge snowfall this week, the chances that some of the other grown kids might have decided to pass on being there is pretty high, I think. I saw Hunter in one of the photos. Logan and Michelle might have opted to spend Thanksgiving with her family instead. I really think the main reason for all of the wives to be there was for filming purposes. 

ETA: there were 12 adults at our family Thanksgiving yesterday and one turkey was MORE than enough. Everyone went home with bountiful leftovers.

ETA 2 - Meri is now plugging her "Black Friday sale". Of course, she doesn't really get the concept of black Friday, because everything is the regular price. Ick.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6