Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

It's gonna take real courage for any of the sheep to leave, but that's true for anyone leaving a bad marriage.

Who knows what the tlc deal is, but tlc is advertising the rolloff divorce. I guess it can be done within tlc parameters.

I also want to know what the real story is with the houses. Someone must know. I know if ptv posters knew, they would dish the dirt with the rest of us. Lol.

• Love 1
It's gonna take real courage for any of the sheep to leave, but that's true for anyone leaving a bad marriage.

Except the Sheep Wives have the religious brainwashing added to the mix.  If they really and truly drank the Celestial Planet for All Eternity Koolaid, then that adds a whole extra layer of complexity to walking away.  Religions of all types can certainly play havoc with reason and logic.

• Love 5

Interesting that Kody was added to Robyn's house deed when he and Robyn got married in September.  So now he co-owns two of the houses - Meri's and Robyn's.  So - technically - he could force Meri to sell her house and give him half the equity, couldn't he?  It has increased in value according to Clark County records.  If Robyn figures out that she could get a chunk of change out of it, Meri could be in trouble.

• Love 2

In the trailer (first cut anyway), Kody says something to the effect that Meri didn't want to leave the family; she just wanted to leave him. Meri is sobbing like crazy, of course. Perhaps she should point out that Kody abandoned her first by pressuring her into a divorce just so he could marry special-wife Robyn. Kody has zero guilt about this because everything Kody does is for the family, you know. If the eyes are the window to the soul, Kody's are black, empty holes.

• Love 11

I've seen the trailer twice this morning. Listening to Meri puff up and proclaim "she messed with the wrong person..." leaves me wondering whether to laugh or scream. Or drive to Vegas to slap the nonsense out of her.

From everything we've seen, the "wrong person" has done virtually nothing except stir up a bunch of other anonymous Twitter personalities to do some of her dirty work. (Brilliant - because the last Twitter adventure worked out sooooooooo well for her.)

What has the "wrong person" done besides sit on her lazy butt and wait for her Hawaiian vacation? Still waiting for evidence to the contrary on that one, Mer. Prove me wrong. Really. Prove me wrong.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 4

Janelle just sent out a Tweet about the show starting in 2 weeks.  Wow..Janelle looks beautiful in that photo.  Not sure what's up with the rest of them though. Meri looks horrible, Christine looks different, her hair looks different and she looks like she's on the verge of crying.  Robyn looks okay.  Cody's hair is flying all over the place, it just looks messy.  The only one who looks good is Janelle - and not only does she look good, she looks beautiful, far more beautiful than Robyn.

https://twitter.com/JanelleBrown117

• Love 4

And Meri's wedding ring is very prominently displayed. A definite FU Interwebz. Meri's Twitter was full of pics from her recent anniversary trip with Kodouche, Gabe and Dayton. Nothing says romantic trip like one with two teenage boys! My guess is it was a documented trip to drum up interest for the upcoming season. Last year Meri made no mention of her anniversary, but then again it happened right about the time Robyn announced her pregnancy. Writing the obvious, these people are shameless. 

• Love 1

hey guys did anyone read ALMOST DEFAME'ED by Jackie Overton I mean uh... "Samuel Cooper"? It's horribly written, once again bragging like Jackie always does. I wish she'd just get arrested. 

Has someone leaked this literary classic? I can't see paying money for it.

I can see Meri crawling back to the Kodster this season to get her wet bar and celestial planet thing back. Robyn must be pissed Meri stole the thunder from her baby story. What a sorry group of losers the whole lot of these "adults" are. 

• Love 3

Janelle just sent out a Tweet about the show starting in 2 weeks.  Wow..Janelle looks beautiful in that photo.  Not sure what's up with the rest of them though. Meri looks horrible, Christine looks different, her hair looks different and she looks like she's on the verge of crying.  Robyn looks okay.  Cody's hair is flying all over the place, it just looks messy.  The only one who looks good is Janelle - and not only does she look good, she looks beautiful, far more beautiful than Robyn.

Janelle looks better than all the "sisterwives" because she is able to live without yearning for Kody's attention.

• Love 5
Janelle just sent out a Tweet about the show starting in 2 weeks.  Wow..Janelle looks beautiful in that photo.  Not sure what's up with the rest of them though. Meri looks horrible, Christine looks different, her hair looks different and she looks like she's on the verge of crying.  Robyn looks okay.  Cody's hair is flying all over the place, it just looks messy.  The only one who looks good is Janelle - and not only does she look good, she looks beautiful, far more beautiful than Robyn.

Oh wow, Jenelle DOES look great there! Very sultry, her makeup is on point. Robyn....either she's put on weight or this is just a horrible angle for her face. It looks like a giant box. Kodouche, windblown does not work when you're hair is thinning. Meri is clutching to Kody like she's Gollum and he's her "precious", and Christine is totally plotting all their deaths. 

I can't wait for the return - let the snarking commence!

• Love 3

There looked to me as if there was a lot of photoshop involved in that picture.

I've seen the trailer a couple times today and they use that picture at the end. The one Janelle posted is seriously photoshopped. The one on tv shows Christine with a LOT of crows feet and Janelle with large bags under her eyes. I haven't even looked at the rest of them because I'm so drawn to how awful those two look.

• Love 2

Kody looks like he's at a science museum touching one of those static electricity globes. What a moron. Christine looks like she's been up all night bawling her eyes out and Meri looks godawful.

I'm not sure if I'll be watching this season, even for snark purposes but I will definitely be checking the boards.

P.S. Meri's twitter has photos of her, Kodouche and various members of the Brown fahhhmmmily hanging out with the band Van Lady Love. The Browns (and Meri in particular) are like their number one groupies. How on earth did the band get mixed up with the Browns?

Edited by egilsdottir

Ive seen lots of pictures in the last year of Meri and I think she looked really good in them - actually a lot better than the others and Robyn. There was one in particular of Robyns baby that was just born and Meri looked great. I hope she leaves him and finds happiness- on the preview Mariah once again looks like the spoiled entitled brat that she is - I say who cares what she thinks - ungrateful.

• Love 2

I certainly hope they're not moving for the kids' sake.  Making them pull up stakes again would be mean.  I can, however, see Robyn thinking that she can make it in Hollywood (or one of her girls wants to be a famous Disney kid) and Kody making the whole group move to make her happy.

I could totally see her pushing Aurora to be a Disney Channel star.  She wouldn't have to push her too much, the kid loves attention.  How long until Aurora's dreams of being a pop star become the new story line?

• LOL 1

I'm sure there was (as usual...). But if everyone got the same shot at being 'shopped, then Janelle still got the best virtual makeover. Meri really looks like shit in that shot. Maybe Janelle used all the money she saved from not paying her garbage bill and slipped it to the photo editor to give her the glam edit.

• Love 3
On 4/26/2016 at 8:25 PM, SometimesBites said:
On 4/25/2016 at 9:23 PM, Absolom said:

I'm sure there was (as usual...). But if everyone got the same shot at being 'shopped, then Janelle still got the best virtual makeover. Meri really looks like shit in that shot. Maybe Janelle used all the money she saved from not paying her garbage bill and slipped it to the photo editor to give her the glam edit.

LOL. You do make a good point. It's not likely that only one person would be shopped, instead of the entire picture. Yet the rest look crazy and Jenelle looks pretty darn good. I, honestly, think she has the least amount of baggage at this time. She's doing her thing and has few to zero fucks to give. And it shows. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

LOL. You do make a good point. It's not likely that only one person would be shopped, instead of the entire picture. Yet the rest look crazy and Jenelle looks pretty darn good. I, honestly, think she has the least amount of baggage at this time. She's doing her thing and has few to zero fucks to give. And it shows. 

I tried to like your post, but I seem to be a moron.  I tapped the heart, but it told me nothing was there yet.  So I'm sure what I'm doing wrong.

• Love 3

I have not seen the trailer for the new season. But since they always amp up the drama in the preview and then it's a buildup to nothing because the show is boring, I am assuming Mariah doesn't say anything too negative about Meri. I can see her saying she felt bad seeing her mother so sad or something tame like that. But then again Mariah strikes me as the most self centered and pro-plyg of the children so maybe they will surprise me and there will actually be some real drama.

• Love 1

So the reruns with all the wetbar drama are kind of fun to watch.

Too bad her crystal ball was on the fritz.  If she had known all the real drama headed her way, she may have have may have been a little more whatevs about the wetbar.

• Love 5

I have not seen the trailer for the new season. But since they always amp up the drama in the preview and then it's a buildup to nothing because the show is boring, I am assuming Mariah doesn't say anything too negative about Meri. I can see her saying she felt bad seeing her mother so sad or something tame like that. But then again Mariah strikes me as the most self centered and pro-plyg of the children so maybe they will surprise me and there will actually be some real drama.

I do not think Mariah will say anything really negative either. She will probably say she felt bad for her mother during that time or possibly disappointed, but I do not think it will be anything too major. Though Mariah was the one of the older kids that was pretty insistent that she wanted to have sister wives. I do think when she went to college she may have gotten more open minded, because she seemed to change her views in what I think was the last tell all episode or was it the one before? I do think the Meri/Catfish and the Meri/divorce issues might have shattered some of her views on polygamy also. 

• Love 2
On April 19, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Ooh, I just saw the commercial for the May 8 season opener. Meri insisting to Kody, "I did not have an affair! Every bit of it was a lie!" Kody saying, "you just wanted out of your relationship with ME." Meri saying, "SHE MESSED WITH THE WRONG..WOMAN!"

Dare we hope they will actually address the catfishing honestly and in detail?! Because I would tune in.

"I did not have intercourse with that woman…I mean MAN, I mean I thought it was a man but then it wasn't so………Waaaaahhhhhhh."

• Love 2
On 5/1/2016 at 0:17 AM, Misslindsey said:

I do not think Mariah will say anything really negative either. She will probably say she felt bad for her mother during that time or possibly disappointed, but I do not think it will be anything too major. Though Mariah was the one of the older kids that was pretty insistent that she wanted to have sister wives. I do think when she went to college she may have gotten more open minded, because she seemed to change her views in what I think was the last tell all episode or was it the one before? I do think the Meri/Catfish and the Meri/divorce issues might have shattered some of her views on polygamy also. 

Mariah was so irritating on the show in her younger years.  I think she thought she was something special, because of her place in the family.  She got to go to private school, and her mother's budget (the same budget split between 6 kids in Janelle and Christine's houses) was showered on her.  She got the best of both worlds, being an only child when she wanted and having a billion siblings when she wanted.  So polygamy worked out fantastically for her.  That, combined with a teenager's tendency to come across as being smugly self assured, she was a huge know it all brat.  I think seeing (finally) her mother in a bad light has opened her eyes to the fact that it sucks.  Christine and Janelle's kids have seen their moms draw the short straw repeatedly, and I think that's why they're all much more adamant that polygamy is not for them.

• Love 13

Mariah was so irritating on the show in her younger years.  I think she thought she was something special, because of her place in the family.  She got to go to private school, and her mother's budget (the same budget split between 6 kids in Janelle and Christine's houses) was showered on her.  She got the best of both worlds, being an only child when she wanted and having a billion siblings when she wanted.  So polygamy worked out fantastically for her.  That, combined with a teenager's tendency to come across as being smugly self assured, she was a huge know it all brat.  I think seeing (finally) her mother in a bad light has opened her eyes to the fact that it sucks.  Christine and Janelle's kids have seen their moms draw the short straw repeatedly, and I think that's why they're all much more adamant that polygamy is not for them.

This is what I always thought as well. You put it so much better than I would have.

• Love 4

If Meri left, followed by Christine and Janelle, I wonder how long Robyn would stick around with just the Kodester for company?  I think Robyn is savoring every single second in her position as Exalted Wifey #1 and lording it over the other wives.  If they all bailed, and she woke up one morning with only a balding, beady-eyed, lazy-assed, surfer-wanna-be for all eternity, I don't think she'd be overly excited.  I believe her plans from Day One were to finagle her way into being the legal wife and cashing all the checks.  LOL.  Great job, Robyn.  

• Love 14

I believe her plans from Day One were to finagle her way into being the legal wife and cashing all the checks.

I wish that the above quote would be worked into her tagline at the start of the show. Come to think of it they all need new taglines. Meri's could be "I'm only here because my catfish wasn't a handsome multi-millionaire." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
22 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I wish that the above quote would be worked into her tagline at the start of the show. Come to think of it they all need new taglines. Meri's could be "I'm only here because my catfish wasn't a handsome multi-millionaire." 

LOLOL...perfect!!

Janelle's would be..."Damn, 12 hours until I get to leave for work again."

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Christine's would be I didn't know men could be such bastards.  I thought it was just MY husband.

Meri's world be My plan worked.  I have  the house AND my wetbar all to myself.  How much is a cruise to the Caribbean again?

That's all I got for now.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 5
On 5/4/2016 at 5:35 PM, toodles said:

Christine's would be I didn't know men could be such bastards.  I thought it was just MY husband.

Meri's would be My plan worked.  I have  the house AND my wetbar all to myself.  How much is a cruise to the Caribbean again?

That's all I got for now.

(edited)
On 5/3/2016 at 9:51 AM, laurakaye said:

If Meri left, followed by Christine and Janelle, I wonder how long Robyn would stick around with just the Kodester for company?  I think Robyn is savoring every single second in her position as Exalted Wifey #1 and lording it over the other wives.  If they all bailed, and she woke up one morning with only a balding, beady-eyed, lazy-assed, surfer-wanna-be for all eternity, I don't think she'd be overly excited.  I believe her plans from Day One were to finagle her way into being the legal wife and cashing all the checks.  LOL.  Great job, Robyn.  

You're so right. I think a large part of the allure for Robyn is being the favorite wife. I think prince charming isn't enough for her. I think Robyn gets a lot of her jollies from having some Cinderellas to kick around.

On 5/3/2016 at 8:05 PM, Misslindsey said:

This is what I always thought as well. You put it so much better than I would have.

Thank you ?

I'm really interested to see how "engaged" Meri will be in Maddie's wedding prep. She only really cares about the oldest kids, so I can imagine her getting a little excited? Mostly I think she's just happy to have a story line to distract from her *not an affair.*

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 2
On 5/6/2016 at 6:14 PM, truelovekiss said:

I'm really interested to see how "engaged" Meri will be in Maddie's wedding prep. She only really cares about the oldest kids, so I can imagine her getting a little excited? Mostly I think she's just happy to have a story line to distract from her *not an affair.*

I'm not so sure Meri only cares about the older kids--I saw on the episode when Robyn's kids returned from visiting their dad (after being adopted by Kody), the girls ran to Robyn but Dayton ran to Meri and hugged her. Also, there was the episode where Maddie came to visit and told Meri and Robyn about the Mormom Church not allowing her to join, and I've seen pictures of Meri making cookies with Solomon. So, I think she cares about the kids and has a good rapport with them, despite her rocky relationships with their mothers.

• Love 6
On 5/6/2016 at 4:14 PM, truelovekiss said:

You're so right. I think a large part of the allure for Robyn is being the favorite wife. I think prince charming isn't enough for her. I think Robyn gets a lot of her jollies from having some Cinderellas to kick around.

This is a huge problem with growing up in a polygamous society. These women have seen the same thing from their mother(s) growing up.  The games and power trips. It's really not about the man, they know they'll all eventually end up married off to SOME man, it's about the status. 

I have never had a problem with polygamy, in general. But it would be very different if people just came to these decisions on their own vs. being basically brainwashed into it from such an isolating upbringing. 

• Love 7

Batfish might have immediately changed the social media account, but "Sam" is still old "Sam" on the amazon book page.  lolol

I remember reading someone thought it was a photo of Shaant Hacikyan in comments...somewhere....my husband and I googled photos and I'm amazed how different he looks in every photo.  A plus if you are stealing shots of a famous person.  The only thing that still sticks out at me is the slight difference in his ear...and I don't see any photos of Shaant with a gauge in his ear, or a high piercing.  I don't think Batfish is a genius at photoshop...but I guess a gauge can be shopped in.  I think a giveaway is the fact that she scrambled with another crappy, half faced photo...this time the face looks like the "face" shopped into the video chat snaps with Meri from last year.  I think she forgets that "Sam" is in the 45-46 range these days...but his photos get younger and younger!!

.....ah......the hard life as a professional liar...

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, toodles said:

I saw that too.  That guy doesn't look anywhere near his forties.  And this wasn't meri' s first clue? 

When you consider that orange make-up, straw for hair, and REALLY tight clothes are Meri's chosen look, I think it's fair to say that she is clueLESS about a lot of things.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Batfish might have immediately changed the social media account, but "Sam" is still old "Sam" on the amazon book page.  lolol

I remember reading someone thought it was a photo of Shaant Hacikyan in comments...somewhere....my husband and I googled photos and I'm amazed how different he looks in every photo.  A plus if you are stealing shots of a famous person.  The only thing that still sticks out at me is the slight difference in his ear...and I don't see any photos of Shaant with a gauge in his ear, or a high piercing.  I don't think Batfish is a genius at photoshop...but I guess a gauge can be shopped in.  I think a giveaway is the fact that she scrambled with another crappy, half faced photo...this time the face looks like the "face" shopped into the video chat snaps with Meri from last year.  I think she forgets that "Sam" is in the 45-46 range these days...but his photos get younger and younger!!

.....ah......the hard life as a professional liar...

I'm guessing that JO's more concerned about having the NBY Twitter account suspended than the Amazon page since that's her main conduit.  Both Twitter and FB are pretty stringent when it comes to identity theft, which is what this basically is.  IMO that's how "Lindz" was able to get all those accounts suspended, the ones with pix of JO as their profile, you know?

• Love 3

I always wondered how she got people kicked off Twitter.  I bet you are right, Dakota.  It explains why the picture on the blog has not been changed (yet?).  There are no blog police.  But she knows stealing and using pics like that is forbidden on Twitter and she changed it the split second she got busted.

Someone in the comments at the All About the Tea site said they are sending Facebook messages to the guy in the band whose picture Jackie has been using.  It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about it.  Why did she use the picture of someone who is a public figure who would be more easily recognized than just some random dude?   I guess Jackie just thought he was too hot, lol.  At any rate, I am glad I know who this guy is now and I have seen other pictures of him and can see that he is a real, innocent person.  My urge to punch him in the throat has vanished, and I just feel bad for the guy.  I hope he can parlay this into some publicity for his band or something.  He should get SOMETHING for being used by Le Scumbag for so long.  

I wonder if there is any way he can sue Jackie for using his image for commercial purposes or something.  She has used his picture to market her book.  Although suing her for the fifty cents she has made would not really be worth the effort. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

When you consider that orange make-up, straw for hair, and REALLY tight clothes are Meri's chosen look, I think it's fair to say that she is clueLESS about a lot of things.

Good point.

3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I always wondered how she got people kicked off Twitter.  I bet you are right, Dakota.  It explains why the picture on the blog has not been changed (yet?).  There are no blog police.  But she knows stealing and using pics like that is forbidden on Twitter and she changed it the split second she got busted.

Someone in the comments at the All About the Tea site said they are sending Facebook messages to the guy in the band whose picture Jackie has been using.  It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about it.  Why did she use the picture of someone who is a public figure who would be more easily recognized than just some random dude?   I guess Jackie just thought he was too hot, lol.  At any rate, I am glad I know who this guy is now and I have seen other pictures of him and can see that he is a real, innocent person.  My urge to punch him in the throat has vanished, and I just feel bad for the guy.  I hope he can parlay this into some publicity for his band or something.  He should get SOMETHING for being used by Le Scumbag for so long.  

I wonder if there is any way he can sue Jackie for using his image for commercial purposes or something.  She has used his picture to market her book.  Although suing her for the fifty cents she has made would not really be worth the effort. 

No one ever said criminals were smart.  Especially this one.