Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Polygamous Cul-de-Sac

Message added by Scarlett45

I  understand the fear, concern, heartbreak, and stress in this current situation. I ask that we please remember the politics policy. Keep politics, political references, and political figures (past and present) out of the discussion.

Stay safe and healthy. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

I don't know, but also don't know how it concerns us. Even though there are things that are public record, I suspect we'll probably be discouraged from digging further about this (kinda like the question about where they live, that was shut down very quickly). Feels awkward to me anyways. I only dig on people I'm officially investigating.

But they are the ones who very clearly told us this was a legal adoption, and the reason for a legal divorce, on their TV show. If it was a lie and fake, we have a right to know, I think.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Love2dance said:

If it was a lie and fake, we have a right to know, I think.

I agree.  These jerks need to be called out on their BS.  Instead the Tell Nothing interviewers tiptoe around any questions of substance and we get the "alternative facts" version of their lives.  You open up your home and lives to the world and you have to expect people taking a hard look at your lies.

• Love 7

Public records are public records for a reason.  I don't care enough to go looking though.  I do not know what the laws are in Utah regarding adoption records.  

They have put the adoption storyline out there so I guess they should not be surprised if people go sleuthing.

• Love 5
(edited)

They "adopted" in Nevada and the Clark County adoption records are available to the public, if you give them your name and email address. So if someone just happened to have an email they used for that kind of thing, they might be able to get the info, or at least discover if there really was any adoption of the kids. Hypothetically. 

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

David said the adoption scene was filmed on a sound stage.

Explains how they were able to set the camera up behind the "judge's" head and film only the family. In my 20 years in law enforcement I have never seen a camera behind the judge's desk. NO ONE is allowed back behind the stand in a real court except court personnel.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 7

Well, they had to quickly come up with a reason for the divorce and marriage, since apparently TLC was caught off-guard too. Couldn't really say that Robyn drew a line in the sand, since it doesn't fit with the whole "polygamy is great" story line they have been pushing from day one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

That's right we weren't supposed to check court records to see what the Browns were doing.  TLC really, really underestimates their audience on a regular basis.

Who actually said we weren't supposed to check records? Or is this hypothetical?

Bc seriously, I don't have the time or interest to do so, but nobody can dictate to not look up public, open, court records. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Had my coworker ask David about the adoption and I  also checked out the record and no adoption on file and David said the adoption scene was filmed on a sound stage.

I had some time on my hands yesterday and was catching up on this thread.  I didn't mean to start a ruckus.

If they staged this whole adoption thing for teevee, that's one of the worst reality TV stunts ever.  Those kids believed it.  Their families were there too.  So everyone was in on a colossal, hurtful lie for the sake of ratings and money?

I know it's kody Brown and TLC, but wow.  I can't even wrap my head around such an idea.  

• Love 11

Whether the adoption happened for real or not is immaterial to me. 

We all know that being married legally is not a requirement to adopt, especially at the age these children are. They're essentially teens, and Dayton is close to 18 I believe. 

All that was required was to get the natural father to sign off on the adoption. Period.

The bottom line is that the adoption whether real or fake was done for one reason and one reason alone: 

Ratings and to keep the show going. 

*Mic drop*

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

The only paperwork is the divorce and Sobbyns and Douche marriage no adoption or guardianship papers for her kids?

How not shocked am I?  I do still find it rather appalling that they went through a season of farce with fake tears and all of how they had to "protect" the kids when really the kids are more likely to need protection from all the faking done for the show. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

How not shocked am I?  I do still find it rather appalling that they went through a season of farce with fake tears and all of how they had to "protect" the kids when really the kids are more likely to need protection from all the faking done for the show. 

We should have known that something was fishy when - right AFTER the "adoption" was finalized - the kids went off to spend time with bio dad.  If he was so horrible, why on earth would the courts even allow that?  Oh . . . because there were NO COURTS involved.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We should have known that something was fishy when - right AFTER the "adoption" was finalized - the kids went off to spend time with bio dad.  If he was so horrible, why on earth would the courts even allow that?  Oh . . . because there were NO COURTS involved.

Exactly.  I've commented on that a few times myself.  I think it's important to call out alleged "reality" shows when they so blatantly lie and try to manipulate the viewers. 

• Love 6

Whether it was legit or not, the whole divorce/adoption story line exploited Robyn's children terribly.  If any of the adults had truly been so concerned about the welfare of those kids, they would have found a different story line to keep themselves on television.  

• Love 13

Robyn has never needed that pesky legal paperwork.  She has all the proof she needs hanging on her wall.  The official family portrait of Kody written in as her children's real and true father. It is now drawn...it is now so.

• Love 10

If they staged this whole adoption thing for teevee, that's one of the worst reality TV stunts ever.  Those kids believed it. 

I think that blatantly lying to those kids is the most appalling thing.  Shows how far those asses will go for the ratings. It's just unconscionable, selfish, shameful, and self-serving to screw with children like that.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I went out to lunch with Sobbyns cousin and people came up to her and asked why she was in our city where's Kody and did you divorce him?

Wow.  She MUST look a lot like her!

• Love 2

I wonder if the kids got a legal name change so that they could "legally be Browns" on paper and at school. At least a small sliver of that story line would be true and would explain why Robyn's kids were so on board with the lie (if they actually knew it was a lie). If they don't know it's a lie? God help Robyn when they find out. Because they will and it will be ugly.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I think that blatantly lying to those kids is the most appalling thing.  Shows how far those asses will go for the ratings. It's just unconscionable, selfish, shameful, and self-serving to screw with children like that.

These are the worst people ever.  

45 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

They look like identical twins

Does the cousin live in Vegas?  I saw a women at a bar awhile ago that looked just like Robyn.  I almost came here to post that I spotted Robyn in a bar, but the more I looked at her, I could see it wasn't Robyn.  Maybe the cousin?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, toodles said:

These are the worst people ever.  

Does the cousin live in Vegas?  I saw a women at a bar awhile ago that looked just like Robyn.  I almost came here to post that I spotted Robyn in a bar, but the more I looked at her, I could see it wasn't Robyn.  Maybe the cousin?

No

55 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I wonder if the kids got a legal name change so that they could "legally be Browns" on paper and at school. At least a small sliver of that story line would be true and would explain why Robyn's kids were so on board with the lie (if they actually knew it was a lie). If they don't know it's a lie? God help Robyn when they find out. Because they will and it will be ugly.

No papers at all forr any of those kids

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

No

No papers at all forr any of those kids

Thank you for the reply.  Robyn and the cousin have a triplet that lives in Vegas then.  The place I saw the Robyn look alike was a locals place.  With the goofy family wreath these people have, it's not surprising.  

3 hours ago, lma said:

Right! If you're gonna lie, let it revolve around the "adults" (and I use that term lightly). Don't exploit those kids and have them play acting (i.e., lying) for TV.

They can can make up all the lies they want, but I think we can all agree that we are NOT buying the following (and feel free to add to it):

That Kody splits his time fairly

That all wives are treated equally

That there is no favorite wife

That Meri doesn't want to leave

That Christine likes Robyn and vice versa

That Robyn would've joined the family without the show/money

That Mykelti married for love more than attention 

That Maddie's going to continue school all the way through a JD (not saying she won't go back or even finish, but a JD? Really?$

Great list, Ima, I totally agree!  

I'll add one:

That Kody doesn't obviously favor Robyn's kids

• Love 4
On 3/5/2017 at 5:00 PM, Rabbittron said:

Had my coworker ask David about the adoption and I  also checked out the record and no adoption on file and David said the adoption scene was filmed on a sound stage.

David, as in David Preston, Robyn's ex and baby daddy ? 

Pretty juicy inside gossip ! If true, I would love to see these posers exposed ! 

• Love 1

You have to register to see the paperwork. I, for one, won't bother because it was obvious from the get-go that it wasn't a real adoption. The State of Nevada was not going to completely change the rules and regulations for adoption for a reality television family.

When the adoption story was aired, there was a big discussion all over the internet about how that is not the way an adoption works. Only a few fans believed them. Many fans tweeted about how disgusted they were with Robyn and Kody for taking another man's children away from him, with Robyn trying to respond by asking what she did that they found shady. Then, with Meri being so distraught that she fell for a psychopath's lies, more fans blamed the divorce and remarriage. I think this show has more hate-watchers then actual fans now.

The Browns' decision making gets worse every season. They had to figure out a way to make the divorce palatable because fans were blaming Robyn and they couldn't have that, so they made up a story about Kody needing to adopt Robyn's kids. Only, they didn't have any idea that people would actually know how that worked and would know that it can't have happened as quickly as it did in their case. They just proved themselves to be lying liars who lie again.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So do Robyn's kids actually think there adopted now, or are they in on the truth that is was all fake for the show? @Rabbittron

Of COURSE they are adopted!!  They have the "plaques" to prove it!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

It is obvious that the Brown's think their viewers are stupid. Honestly, sometimes I think they are right because I am kind of embarrassed that I even watch this show. 

Somebody has to watch it to let the rest of know what is going on. I found it way to boring to drudge through even for hate-watching, so I rely on this forum to tell me, then decide if I want to see the episode. 

9 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Oh, right! I completely forgot about that. How could I have doubted them with such proof. I'm such a naysayer negative person who will punish myself forthwith by watching the Kody/Robyn wedding episode again.

I'm also a liar and will not being doing that. I learned to lie by watching Sister Wives and Teen Mom

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Roslyn said:

And a portrait to prove that Kodoofus was their father all along. Honestly, there are no words for these freaks.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

She was complaining that Douche was spending  times with the other wives and not with her 24/7 as she is the real wife not them

So I guess our speculation that the legal marriage does mean something despite their claims that it means nothing and all wives are equal.  Robyn jealous maybe? getting a does of her own  medicine.   

Thanks for sharing!!

• Love 4

That picture is so creepily fascinating.  I always have to stop and stare at it.

One of the weird thing (among so many) is that Kody looks like he came from olden times.  They were trying to insert him into the past, but he looks more like he time travelled forward from the 1800's

• Love 2