Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Room Service

• Start Topic

Did Dr. Chloe push her blood in the IV bag to dilute it and heal the kid, but not turn him, or am I over thinking?

Also, the Pirate Vamp kid - how is he going to explain his dead parents - man in the mask? 

Who is Regina?

Not to my mind--that's just her hiring method. Liz and Iris were both her familiars--regular humans vamps keep around to run errands and protect them, usually by handing over what they've always wanted--in Liz's case the freedom to dress as a woman, in Iris's to keep her son close. She was planning on ditching Iris before Iris got turned and barely seems to notice Liz is around or not.

I agree.  I see no "heart" in the countess.  If she's Mrs. March, she sadistically enjoyed listening to women scream for days until they died.  Perhaps she didn't kill Alex, but she held her fancy little razor-ring to Holden's neck and threatened to kill him to rein in Alex.  Iris is tormented by what she's had to do to the children, and that is at the countess' behest.   She may claim that Holden was neglected, but John took his eyes off of him for five seconds.  She picked him because he fit the look of the children she wants.  She's a sadistic hedonistic parasite, and the only reason she helped Liz Taylor was to slip in a sly born this way reference.

• Love 8

I hope nobody misses the fact that Liz has drunk just as deeply from the Evil Well as any of the vamps, and I don't mean post-Familiar Bartending, either. He, before meeting the Countess, married a woman under false pretenses (but naturally it was really her fault for being thirty and not married already)and fathered two children he belittled and abandoned. She's not a good person, no matter how sympathetic I feel towards her dilemma. 

Yes!  Liz Taylor was a total asshole.  What a horrible husband and father.  The only person keeping him from wearing drag was himself.  Move to San Francisco, asshole!  He experienced about fifteen seconds of discrimination, for which the offenders were immediately murdered.  So I guess Liz will torture mankind for eternity because the countess shaved her head and gave her a pep talk.  Denis O'Hare killed his scenes, but then he's a great actor.  Doesn't make me like Liz Taylor.   At least Iris felt regret for what she's had to do to the children.  Liz seems to dispatch serial killers to innocent people, and help clean up the dead bodies without an ounce of empathy.

• Love 6

I want to like this show, but I just can't find a character I really care about. I just can't get into this season for that reason. I loved the majority of the characters on Freak Show, and it just kills me that I can't find one character that I can feel any sympathy towards.

Perhaps Scarlett? Maybe she's being groomed as this season's hero. I hope she or someone else is.

• Love 4

I want to know what Liz has been reading! Tonight it was Candide...did anyone pick up on her books from the previous episodes?

I ran across an interview with Denis O'Hare where he discusses this.  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/04/becoming-elizabeth-taylor-how-denis-o-hare-crafted-his-best-american-horror-story-role-yet.html

One thing I was very opinionated about and that I was very happy that the writers and Ryan liked, was that I said early on that she’s not shallow, she’s not stupid, she’s not vain, she’s not mean. She is intelligent. When she’s sitting at the front desk I don’t want her reading magazines. She’s reading James Joyce and Proust in French and the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius and The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. I want her reading intellectual stuff because I think she’s a fierce person, intellectually as well as style-wise, fashion-wise. And they loved that idea. So I love that one of the first shots you see of her she’s reading James Joyce’s Ulysses.

• Love 1

Ugh.  Gaga's acting is getting worse IMO.   I wish she'd just be a non-speaking vampy Countess Elizabeth that makes an appearance once in awhile looking stunning.

Chloe Sevigny is not much better.  She's the same Nicky character from Big Love.   

At least the storyline is only going in 10,000 directions rather than the usual 10 million that Ryan Murphy usually takes.   

• Love 5

Good episode and finally we got Liz Taylor's backstory. Easily the best and most likeable character that Denis O'Hare has played on the show as well. Interesting the Countess just hired Liz rather than make her into a vampire though.

Iris and Alex's journeys as vampires is interesting to watch. Alex messed up massively by infecting those kids with vampire blood and it's obvious the Countess knows that Iris has become a vampire too.

That hipster couple insufferable as hell, so not too broken up about Iris losing it and killing the pair of them. Wouldn't be surprised if Darren Criss is back as a regular next season though.

Donovan and Ramona might want to strike against the Countess sooner than later.

John/Sally does absolutely nothing for me but the hints of him being a killer are intriguing enough though, 8/10

I really, really liked this episode. I think there are a few odd continuity gaps, but I'm sort of pushing them from my memory... overall, this is easily my favourite season so far since Asylum. I think they're really bringing the "Horror" back to AHS and all of the characters are engaging, some are sympathetic, and the story is interesting. 

As everyone has said - Denis O'Hare knocked it out of the park here. He was incredible. That backstory for Liz Taylor was both fun, sad, and scary (I was dreading his co-workers seeing him.) I also thought that sequence in the school was shocking: I didn't expect them to take it as far as they did, but I'm glad it did. The story is moving along quickly, which I think is great. Nothing stagnant. I didn't expect the story with Holden's mother to move along so quickly, but obviously that's moving along nicely now. I think Chloe has been great this season, and this role seems absolutely perfect for her. 

I also love Kathy Bates in this role; I'm excited to see how far they'll push it. There's a lot of moving parts now, so I'm eager to see how they all come together. I think it's seeming more and more likely that Sally & John are committing the 10 Commandment Murders together somehow. Obviously she can't leave the hotel, but it seems like he's doing it and she's orchestrating somehow. Who the hell knows with this show... 

I'm hoping we see a lot more of Ramona Royale and Donovan in the next few episodes. More Tristan & Mr March, too, please. I'm excited to see the backstory between The Countess and March. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2

This is the first episode this season that I really enjoyed, as the storylines are moving along nicely and there are some fun scenes, like Liz Taylor's backstory. Loved Denis O'Hare's work this season. Liz is by far his best character on AHS yet.

Even Lady Gaga acted great this episode. In the scene with Liz Taylor when she gave him a makeover, Gaga was positively radiant and believable.

Loved Gaga and Finn dressed as Victorian aristocrats for Halloween. Was it a spoof of Madonna's "Vogue" music video?

I thought Darren Criss would have a bigger role than just a random hotel guest, since he was one of the leads in "Glee". Maybe he will reappear as a mattress monster?

The most boring for me is the scene between detective John and Sally, as I don't care about them at all.

More James March, Miss Evers, Matt Bomer and Angela Bassett please!

Also hoping poor Scarlett is safe with her grandparents!

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 2
What doctor lets a patient go home without even trying to find out why the patient is feeling better?

A doctor who uses her vampire blood as a cure?  I also think Alex would be worried about people finding out about the blood transfusion (or noticing something off in the kid's blood work), so she wanted to get him out of there as soon as she could.

What doctor lets a patient go home without even trying to find out why the patient is feeling better? Alex may think she knows but how about some testing?

That made me nuts! Somebody with a staph infection and pneumonia recovering within hours (AFTER their monitors went off the charts and alarmed exactly ZERO nurses, by the by) would be tested up one side and down the other. Leaving aside the vamp virus cure, you'd have to make sure a reservoir of infection wasn't hiding out somewhere in the sick, immune-compromised body of a ten year old. He'd be kept for observation overnight at least. I can see Alex wanting to hustle him home for obvious reasons but she doesn't own the damn hospital.

• Love 2

That made me nuts! Somebody with a staph infection and pneumonia recovering within hours (AFTER their monitors went off the charts and alarmed exactly ZERO nurses, by the by) would be tested up one side and down the other. Leaving aside the vamp virus cure, you'd have to make sure a reservoir of infection wasn't hiding out somewhere in the sick, immune-compromised body of a ten year old. He'd be kept for observation overnight at least. I can see Alex wanting to hustle him home for obvious reasons but she doesn't own the damn hospital.

And the fact that his body temp would be 75.5 degrees...yeah, someone would have caught that. There is more staff at the hospital than just Chloe Sevigny.

• Love 3

Plot holes mentioned above aside, this season is growing on me.  Denis O'Hare and Kathy Bates have been killing it.  I have liked Lady Gaga in her role from the beginning.  Mare Winningham has been terrific.  Evan Peters has been camping it up nicely.  The real horror isn't so much the shock stuff but the tragedy of some of these characters damning themselves so they can have some perverted version of the life they miss.  Sure, it's hard to explain 75 degree temperatures and a bunch of dead parents after their kids got rescued from a mysterious killer.  But the hotel itself makes the show, this evil place that promises to fix people's broken dreams while trapping them inside its walls.  This season might turn out to be the closest thing to true horror of all the seasons so far.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4
That hipster couple insufferable as hell, so not too broken up about Iris losing it and killing the pair of them. Wouldn't be surprised if Darren Criss is back as a regular next season though.

Let's not. His delivery was very community theater, I'm maxed out at Chloe's as it is.

I thought the Countess figured it out about Iris. Hard to tell though by Gaga's inscrutable face but I'm intrigued where this story's going. It bears repeating that Kathy Bates was great. 

The vamp kids were all kinds of creepy and horrible. With Alex the breeder of monsters and John a likely serial killer, that's quite the moral about parental love and grief. There's also Donovan and Iris's twisted bond and her transformation. Seems like a motif for the season.

• Love 3

I'm wondering if Will Drake (Cheyenne Jackson) will resist the Countess, as of now other than Scarlet's he's the closest thing the show has to a (potentially) sympathetic and "good" character. Of course once we get his background info he can turn out to be just as bad as everyone else.

At least make him a decent parent since everyone else is so abominably shitty to kids.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1
Sure, it's hard to explain 75 degree temperatures and a bunch of dead parents after their kids got rescued from a mysterious killer.

I'm very interested in how that would work out.  If the kids were able to infect most of the school (or heck, even just their own class), then I would think there is going to be a massive bloodbath going on at the kids' homes later that night, which is not going to be able to be covered up. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 1

I'm confused: why did all the school children suddenly get the mumps? Then when they drank vamp blood they were all better. I understand the vamp blood healed them, but why did they all get infected from newly-healed pirate boy in the first place? And so quickly?

I'm confused: why did all the school children suddenly get the mumps? Then when they drank vamp blood they were all better. I understand the vamp blood healed them, but why did they all get infected from newly-healed pirate boy in the first place? And so quickly?

My guess was because he had some kind of deadly virus right before he turned, he's passing that along, along with the vampire blood.  So when he transforms someone they have to feed in order to make it past the transition. 

I'm wondering if Will Drake (Cheyenne Jackson) will resist the Countess, as of now other than Scarlet's he's the closest thing the show has to a (potentially) sympathetic and "good" character. Of course once we get his background info he can turn out to be just as bad as everyone else.

At least make him a decent parent since everyone else is so abominably shitty to kids.

Yes to all of this and for Will to actually cop off with a bloke too.

Actually aside from Lana in Asylum, Will is the first likeable gay character we've had in ages on AHS. Which means he's either a dead man walking or is going to become horrible. If Murphy can avoid both, that would actually be nice.

• Love 1
Liz Taylor was a total asshole.  What a horrible husband and father.  The only person keeping him from wearing drag was himself.  Move to San Francisco, asshole!  He experienced about fifteen seconds of discrimination, for which the offenders were immediately murdered. 

They weren't murdered by Liz, though. Drag Queens, gay men, lesbians and the transgendered were and are routinely murdered and abused, even today (yes, even in San Francisco!). Thirty years ago it was far worse. The wife was no prize, either, having married him (admittedly, according to Nick) essentially because she wasn't yet married at the age of thirty, so she settled for Nick. At the very least, he did break off the marriage and sent them money.

At least Iris felt regret for what she's had to do to the children. 

You mean Iris, who brutally murdered the hipsters for the crime of being insufferable? Iris, who cruelly force fed innocent people without any seeming remorse so that the children could feed on them?

Liz seems to dispatch serial killers to innocent people, and help clean up the dead bodies without an ounce of empathy.

Like just about everyone else in the hotel does (actually, has Liz sent killers to innocents? I thought that, too, was Iris. Who has Liz sent killers to?). In any case, no one is really supposed to be likable in AHS - but I confess I'm loving the new team of Iris and Liz. I do hope they both eke out a little happiness from their miserable lives (though Liz did mention that Iris might get some action using a certain shade of eyeshadow: "It always works for me").

Obviously [sally] can't leave the hotel, but it seems like [John's] doing it and she's orchestrating somehow.

Didn't she pick up the stranger that she offered up to the serial killers outside of the hotel in Devil's Night?

• Love 1
Didn't she pick up the stranger that she offered up to the serial killers outside of the hotel in Devil's Night?

She did, but Halloween is the only night she can leave the hotel.

Did Liz offer up the welcoming "gifts" for Richard Ramirez when he checked in, or was that March and Liz was just passing along the information? In any case, Liz sure isn't making any effort to warn people away from the hotel, so she's just as evil as the rest of them. I don't really expect anyone in AHS to be redeemable anyway. I just watch it because it's a trainwreck that I thoroughly enjoy. Having said that, I think Wes Bentley is a horrible actor who always looks angrily constipated, and Chloe Sevigny may be a good actress, but I've hated her in everything I've ever seen her in other than Boys Don't Cry. She just bugs the hell out of me. I can't tell if I can't stand Alex or if I'd empathize with Alex if she were played by Lily Rabe instead.

• Love 2

Grilled romaine? Is this something I should whip up immediately so I can stop missing out?

Yes! I made it the next day because it sounded so good and it was more delicious than I would have imagined.

• Love 1

I didn't especially care for the story line involving the children and hope it doesn't take too much time away from the Hotel. All I kept thinking was that I wished they would get back to the pretty- the hotel, Bomer, Gaga, etc. If this turns into Children of the Corn:The Vampire Edition I will be very disappointed. And Chloe can leave as well. I'd like if they would confine the goings on to the Hotel.

And the Emmys go to.............Kathy Bates and Dennis O'Hare.

Oh God yes- O'Hare and Bates both owned this episode. I was nearly aghast both during Liz's backstory and Iris's difficulties.

I do think Gaga is doing a very good job given the character and what it calls for. For me this season seems all about extreme style and some extraordinary performances, and she certainly has style.

• Love 1

Well, Alex has assumed room temperature. And started a possible vampire apocalypse with good intentions. I suppose she had watched too much Vampire Diaries.

Agreed that Kathy Bates is amazing. The vampire measles kid was pretty good, too, for a kid actor.

I do wonder how the Countess knew it was virus that caused her condition. Was she just assuming? Did she just tell that to Alex because Alex is a doctor and would be more accepting of some medical-like explanation? Did she have her blood examined somewhere along the line and a previously unknown/unidentified virus was found (before the examiner had his throat slit)?.

Mostly great episode but 2 things really bothered me. The Liz Taylor back story was not only a rip off of Transparent but also not nearly as interesting as they easily could have come up with. That said, the interaction between Dennis and Gaga was awesome. She really felt his pain because he was well, born this way ;)

The second thing is the kids all being turned. How did this happen exactly? We saw Max bite his lip so that his girlfriend could drink his blood but then what? He made every kid in the room drink his blood too? Seems highly unlikely he could manage that. So what then? It's contagious through the air? They better explain that and fast because it's a pretty big hole.

Alex is an idiot. John is getting pretty dull. I want to know more about what sally is. I want more naked Bomer. Like here in my living room. More hipster killing. I don't want to kill hipsters or anything but I've really enjoyed seeing them die on TV. I'm surprised they didn't love that room. It's so vintage. Perfect spot to listen to vinyl copies of albums from bands you've never heard of while they croche scarves from yarn made out of rare bark from a tree that hasn't been named yet that they procured at that secret underground thrift store under the vegan chocolate studio they happened upon whilst on their Vespa outing in Echo Park. Oh wait you have heard of that band? I don't like them anymore.

Edited by Adusk81
  • Love 7

Anyone else officially tired of the Countess? Her changing accent and general mannerisms just seem like bad acting to me. I know Gaga is new to acting, but her portrayal just ruins the character for me. I hope this is her only season on the show.

Ugh.  Gaga's acting is getting worse IMO.   I wish she'd just be a non-speaking vampy Countess Elizabeth that makes an appearance once in awhile looking stunning.

The delivery of this line just bothered the sh*t out of me (near the end of the ep when Countess asks Alex to be the Governess & Alex comments that John lives in the hotel)... "You would be amazed at the wondrous possibilities that can exist with a simple hello." Inexperience or intentional? Not sure, but once an episode I find myself annoyed and wishing it Lange was on screen.

• Love 3

Great episode. This season is proving to be one of the best yet and this episode proves it. The newly-turned Alex giving her infected blood to Max the measles Boy wasn't just wrong, cruel, stupid and criminal, it was lethal. If The Countess' blood could turn a healthy, grown woman into a bloodthirsty junkie, then Alex should have known or guessed what it would do to a dying child. Alex has caused an epidemic that has made not only innocent children undead because of it, innocent people are dead, period and it'll keep getting worse until somebody, probably John, stops it. Of course, if Max's idiot parents had vaccinated Max in the first place, this wouldn't be happening, so they're just as much to blame as Alex and The Countess, as far as I'm concerned. Alex's becoming Holden's new nanny is both an unexpected twist and a downgrade, since she's his mother. Alex's blatant favoritism towards Holden has not only destroyed her, her marriage and her family, innocent people are hurt and/or dead/undead because of it. Alex's stock plummeted with me the moment she didn't tell John that she had seen Holden again and it vanished altogether when she turned Max. Alex not only belongs on John's shitlist, when The Countess learns what she's done, chances are she'll not only be pissed, she'll punish Holden by killing him. In other words, Alex's actions in the name of "protecting" Holden have endangered him even more than ever. Speaking of danger, John's career and sanity are in danger, which he should have expected, after telling his boss about the dinner party without hard evidence to prove it, which last time I checked, was a job requirement of cops and detectives alike. John has issues and the hotel has only made them worse, if his fling with Sally is any indication. Between that, the 10 Commandments killer case, Holden's disappearance, his impending divorce and the worst dinner party ever, it's no wonder John's losing it.

Kudos to Kathy Bates. As Iris, Bates is not only doing some of her best work on this show, it's one of her best performances ever. Iris' transformation is both disturbing and empowering, especially when it came to that obnoxious hipster couple who was so rude to her. However, while they richly deserved to be punished, I'm surprised that Iris killed them so quickly. I thought that Iris would have taken them to the same room where she took the two so-called "Swedish meatballs" and let them die slowly. Denis O'Hare is equally brilliant as Liz Taylor, who, while she may look fabulous and gives great snark, is a very shitty person. I also disagree that The Countess' giving Liz a makeover was an act of kindness. Like Iris, Liz is just another servant to The Countess. Liz may not be one of The Countess' victims, but Liz isn't one of her equals, either. Nor is Iris, to put it mildly. The Countess may know that Iris has been turned, but she's been so irrelevant for so long that she either underestimates Iris, or just doesn't care.

Liz Taylor was a total asshole. What a horrible husband and father. The only person keeping him from wearing drag was himself. Move to San Francisco, asshole! he experienced about fifteen seconds of discrimination, for which the offenders were immediately murdered.

They weren't murdered by Liz, though. drag queens, gay men, lesbians and the transgendered were and are routinely murdered and abused, even today (yes, even in San Francisco!). Thirty years ago it was far worse. The wife was no prize, either. having married him (admittedly, according to Nick) essentially because she wasn't yet married at the age of thirty so she settled for Nick. At the very least,, he did break off the marriage and sent them money.

That's the least Liz could have done, re the last point. The ex-wife may have married him for the wrong reasons, but at least she didn't abandon the kids for selfish ones. it's true that the LGBT community has suffered and is still suffering worldwide, including here, but that doesn't make Liz any less wrong for her crimes nor The Countess anymore right for hers.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

Whoever does Gaga's makeup on this show should become her permanent personal makeup artist. They've managed to make her look really beautiful and ethereal in just about every episode--whereas in real life her makeup is often garish and overdone.

Re: Liz Taylor's books, aside from Candide I do remember seeing her reading Das Kapital in another episode.

• Love 2

If the Countess is killed (can she be killed?), will all the vamps return to the way they were before becoming vamps?

Great question! I really wonder, but for some reason my gut is telling me no because whoever ,'turned' the Countess has died, and she is far from dead

Whoever does Gaga's makeup on this show should become her permanent personal makeup artist. They've managed to make her look really beautiful and ethereal in just about every episode--whereas in real life her makeup is often garish and overdone.

The work on this show is done by Gaga's personal artist- Sarah Tanno.

http://fashionista.com/2015/10/lady-gaga-american-horror-story-makeup

What you note is simply the difference between makeup for the stage and the small screen.

Stage makeup has to play to the folks in the back row, and in a stadium or even arena show that takes a lot of makeup.

Every makeup artist worth their salt knows how to tone that down for the small screen.

As far as Gaga's personal appearance looks- I guess she wants what she wants. I doubt that anything is a mistake, just taste.

Edited by Pestilentia
  • Love 2
it's true that the LGBT community has suffered and is still suffering worldwide, including here, but that doesn't make Liz any less wrong for her crimes nor The Countess anymore right for hers.

I wasn't making the case that violence against LGBT people excused Liz. I was responding to this:

The only person keeping him from wearing drag was himself. Move to San Francisco, asshole!

the implication being that had Nick simply moved to San Francisco, he would be free from harm and discrimination, which is not true.

The ex-wife may have married him for the wrong reasons, but at least she didn't abandon the kids for selfish ones.

I think it would have been worse for them had he stayed in a ill-conceived marriage.

If the Countess is killed (can she be killed?)

I believe she told Finn Wittrock that yes, they can be killed.

I wasn't making the case that violence against LGBT people excused Liz. I was responding to this:

Re the first point, I was just making a general observation.

I think it would have been worse for them if he had stayed in an ill-conceived marriage.

Then again, that probably wouldn't have involved him covering up various crimes, especially murder.

(actually, has Liz sent killers to innocents? I thought that, too, was Iris. Who has Liz sent killers to?).

Liz sent the ghost of Richard Ramirez to kill a couple in one of the rooms in "Devil's Night."

I want more naked Bomer. Like here in my living room.

Get in line, behind me. ;)

I was a bit disappointed the hipsters died so quickly and mercifully. Where were the mattress gremlins, Drilldo, and the Children of the Damned when we really needed them?

Yes to all of this and for Will to actually cop off with a bloke too.

Actually aside from Lana in Asylum, Will is the first likeable gay character we've had in ages on AHS. Which means he's either a dead man walking or is going to become horrible. If Murphy can avoid both, that would actually be nice.

Bomer played that rentboy that Del was hung up on in Freakshow; he briefly (no pun intended) seemed pretty sweet before Dandy murdered him.

Having said that, I think Wes Bentley is a horrible actor who always looks angrily constipated, and Chloe Sevigny may be a good actress, but I've hated her in everything I've ever seen her in other than Boys Don't Cry. She just bugs the hell out of me. I can't tell if I can't stand Alex or if I'd empathize with Alex if she were played by Lily Rabe instead.

With you about both issues, with the caveat that I thought Wes' turn as Edward Mordrake was the highlight of last season. He can turn in a powerful, nuanced performance, so I'm not clear why he's falling so flat this year. It's no surprise it would be hard to act in scenes with Sevigny sucking all the air out of the room, but Sarah Paulson and Dennis O'Hare usually inspire good performances out of people they're acting opposite. Ah well, at least this episode showed he's still smoking hot; last week I was surprised that he appeared to have gone to seed in a middle aged skinnyfat way in his shirtless scene, but it must have been a really unflattering camera angle.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 2
I think it would have been worse for them if he had stayed in an ill-conceived marriage.

Then again, that probably wouldn't have involved him covering up various crimes, especially murder

Of course - but that's a different subject.I was talking about what was best for Nick's kids. 

Liz sent the ghost of Richard Ramirez to kill a couple in one of the rooms in "Devil's Night."

At March's request, but point taken, thanks. Have their been others?

I want more naked Bomer.

Great eye candy. Not much of an actor.

The work on this show is done by Gaga's personal artist- Sarah Tanno.

Huh. Well, I wasn't even referring to stage makeup, just the stuff you see her wearing on the street or at awards shows. I do question her personal taste. I think she generally looks great when she's in a music video or photo editoral whereas when you see her in stuff on the street she looks a mess--even if she's wearing really high end clothes. In any case, she looks great on this show.

Can't help it, shipping crazy man and weepy girl. 

I love everything about Sarah Paulson (she's been robbed of awards too many times) and Wes Bentley is very easy on the eyes so seeing them together is wonderful.

We all know Lady Gaga is extremely talented and she seems like a genuinely nice person every time she performs in my city. While the acting isn't great, I think they can do interesting things with the character if they don't allow her to speak too much or give her better lines. Side note: There's something very appealing about Gaga. Her body looks like an actual woman's body. It's refreshing to see on-screen.

Obviously the show is filled with more talents, including Denis O'Hare and Kathy Bates.

Edited by Jal
  • Love 1

I still haven't decided if I think Gaga can act or not, but I don't know if it matters - she sure seemed like she was having fun this episode and that was nice for a change!

You know, I'm right there with you on her acting abilities but she sure can wear the hell out of the clothes they put her in.

• Love 1

The role she's been cast in is so much more about style than acting, I think she was the perfect person for it. Now Kathy Baker's and Dennis O'Hare's roles require master actors to make them work, and Gaga in either would have gone down like the Hindenburg.

Re Matt Bomer:

Great eye candy. Not much of an actor.

His Emmy-nominated performance in The Normal Heart proves otherwise, IMO.

At March's request, but point taken, thanks. Have there been others?

Not that I've seen.

Edited by DollEyes