Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Into The Woods

• Start Topic

Jake and Charles convince Terry to take a weekend camping trip as a much needed "babymoon," but they soon realize it might not be the idealistic weekend for which they had hoped. Meanwhile back at the precinct, Holt gives Rosa some important relationship advice and Amy enlists Gina's help to prepare her for an important presentation.

Isn't a "babymoon" (blerg!) supposed to be husband and expectant wife going off together?

Clearly if it's a man enjoying his last bit of freedom with the guys before the baby comes it should be a dadchelor party.

• Love 14

Isn't a "babymoon" (blerg!) supposed to be husband and expectant wife going off together?

Yes! And I also despise that term. My husband and I took a vacation when I was 7.5 months pregnant, but we called it...gasp...a VACATION.

• Love 1

Yes! And I also despise that term. My husband and I took a vacation when I was 7.5 months pregnant, but we called it...gasp...a VACATION.

The term doesn't even make sense to me, either - I mean, the honeymoon is time spent WITH your... honey, so to me a "babymoon" sounds like it should be, like, the time you take after the baby is born.

Amy and Gina can be a good pairing when they do it right, that bit could be fun!

• Love 1

The term doesn't even make sense to me, either - I mean, the honeymoon is time spent WITH your... honey, so to me a "babymoon" sounds like it should be, like, the time you take after the baby is born.

Although that is the direct parallel, I get the "babymoon" prior to birth as in the "one last romantic hurrah before you ruin your life forever" - uh, I mean, ... kids are great?

• Love 1

“Sports bloopers?
“They’re humorous and relaxing and it humanizes my heroes!”

I love Terry. It's a shame we never got to see Fun Terry until the very end.

Andre Braugher needs some kind of award for reading out that insane URL like a pro.

So Diaz finally wants to break up with Marcus. He SEEMS like a great guy...if we ever got to really know him. We just know him second hand.

• Love 11

I found that all three stories had a solid amount of laughs.

Loved the physical humor of the spooning and rolling over. Also, 'asthma camp.'

Loved Holt and Rosa 'acknowledging' feelings, and Holt reading that URL.

And loved the D in the D, that whole exchange. I kept waiting for a Shark Tank parody during the presentation, which sadly did not happen. Just wanted the officer to say 'I'm out'

But very good episode.

• Love 6

I concur about all three plots being solid and fun. They do manage to do a lot in a half hour, don't they?

And after all that discussion here about the appropriate term, they never used any term at all for taking Terry away for a weekend of fun.

• Love 3

The entire scene with Holt researching breakups with the url and then acting out the breakup with Rosa may be my favourite thing the show has done. I love those two together almost as much as I love Holt/Jake.

I also loved the Gina/Amy stuff. They work really well together.

• Love 9

Rosa and Holt was my favorite storyline. I love that Kevin called them both sociopaths!

It's always great that Jake gets called out on his immature shenanigans, especially by Terry.

Love finding out what Amy liked to read when she was a kid.

• Love 9

I know I say this pretty much every pairing on this show, but damn, do I love the Holt and Rosa interactions.  It's a simple concept (both characters can be robotic/unemotional), but not only are they hilarious together, they can be surprisingly touching.  I loved how the hilarious stuff at first; them practicing her break-up speech, Holt saying the full URL, finding out that Kevin called them "sociopaths"), but I really enjoyed them opening up to each other at the end and, yes, tearing up in front of each other.  Andre Braugher and Stephanie Beatriz were fantastic in this.  Really hope we get more Holt/Rosa this season.

Terry, Jake, and Boyle on a camping trip kind of reminded me of last season's episode where the three of them were stuck in a cheap motel on a stake-out.  Jake being Jake and screwing things up because he is unprepared.  Terry getting annoyed at him because of it.  And then Boyle just wanting everyone to get along.  A bit by the numbers, but it still made me laugh, so I can look past the familiarity.  I also liked that it all took place at the cabin (sorry, "manor"), of that one detective from way back that Rosa hated.

As soon as I saw that this meant Amy and Gina were going to be together, I groaned, but I guess it wasn't as bad I expected.  At least Gina seem to be legitimately trying to help Amy and was just there to mock her or make herself look good instead.  Plus, I could totally buy Amy came up with this because of all her late night reading as a child.  And that the brass would turn it down for some lame bullshit reason.  One of these days, Amy!

To continue the list: Terry hates paper work but loves sport bloopers!

Fun episode.

• Love 3

Loved it. My favorite plot was Rosa and Holt, but all three stories were great.

Holt reciting the entire URL was another highpoint in AB's B99 resume. And then he follows it by asking Rosa if she's seen it. AND she says no. Just the best.

I'm not kidding, when Holt teared up after Rosa started crying, I teared up too. 

Loved Matt Walsh's sad sack character and all the horrible things that are his life. Chinese whiskey and Rwandan cigars? Yikes. 

Loved Charles repeatedly saying, "It's not a pit. It's a hole. It's not a pit. It's a hole. It's not a pit. It's a hole..." The spooning scene was great. My favorite part in this storyline was when Terry turned over in his sleep, and Charles and Jake had to turn with him.

Gina was actually enjoyable in the Amy/Gina plot. 

Oh, and I cracked up when Rosa punched Scully in the gut.

• Love 8

I know I say this pretty much every pairing on this show, but damn, do I love the Holt and Rosa interactions.  It's a simple concept (both characters can be robotic/unemotional), but not only are they hilarious together, they can be surprisingly touching.  I loved how the hilarious stuff at first; them practicing her break-up speech, Holt saying the full URL, finding out that Kevin called them "sociopaths"), but I really enjoyed them opening up to each other at the end and, yes, tearing up in front of each other.  Andre Braugher and Stephanie Beatriz were fantastic in this.  Really hope we get more Holt/Rosa this season.

Can't agree more.  These two are great at playing off the more outgoing characters, but they're a riot when paired together.  The show suddenly turns into a Dragnet parody, it's wonderful.

• Love 4

Holt and Rosa are excellent together. I cracked up at all of their scenes, and I'm so glad this clip is online so I could watch it again:

Oh my God... I just snorted here at work. I should have known better than to watch this.

Holt: [waits for a response]

Holt: "Do you know that site?"

Rosa: "No."

• Love 3

Oh my God... I just snorted here at work. I should have known better than to watch this.

Holt: [waits for a response]

Holt: "Do you know that site?"

Rosa: "No."

Just when I thought I couldn't love Andre anymore! I wonder how long it took them to get that scene without laughing!

• Love 3

This episode cracked me up from beginning to end. Andre should win all the awards for that URL line delivery. It just kept going on and on, and I could not stop laughing. He and Diaz being "sociopaths" together is always so entertaining.

I was really curious how Fun Terry would compare to Vacation Terry. I loved Vacation Terry and his fanny pack.

• Love 2

Boyle and the chanterelles. And spores.

Holt is A. MA. ZING.

I am the only person here who does not like Rosa. But paired with Holt, even Rosa becomes enjoyable for me.

I want more scenes between Holt and Kevin. Their conversations must be extremely entertaining.

• Love 1

While watching Jake, Terry, and Charles in the woods, I had to make background noises of Walkers from "The Walking Dead".

I'm glad they addressed Rosa's relationship with Marcus and the decision to end it. Coupled it with the two most emotionless characters crying made it a bonus.

I looked at Amy's shoulder light and thought "isn't that already invented?"Maybe in Sci-Fi shows?". I did find something comparable:

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/emergency-lighting/articles/6747619-SHOT-Show-2014-Guardian-Angel-shoulder-light/

But "I can put a flashlight in my mouth" was Peter Principle stupid (can't shout orders, visit to the dentist after a fall). This show is great at callbacks, and I wouldn't be surprised it's in Chekov's Evidence Locker.

• Love 2

More of Rosa/Holt, please.

Rosa: I'm going to break up with him via text.

Holt: What will it say?

Rosa: It's over.

Holt: That...may not be enough.

Rosa. It's over. Goodbye?

Holt: Perfect.

:)

I was kind of surprised that she didn't wait to get Boyle's help; he's been very involved with their relationship and gave her great advice in the past. Guess she couldn't wait to dump the dude. "Are you climbing out the window?"  :D

A million thanks to the person who linked the clip with the URL bit. Dear God, that was priceless.

Gina was tolerable again! What sorcery is this??

The boys in the woods was entertaining. What goofy word did Boyle coin about the fungus? That it would be a sporgasborg? That shit killed me. The spooning was great too. I have great difficulty believing that Mr Foodie Boyle would have taken a drink from the dead dog water though...

• Love 2

Yeah I absolutely refuse Boyle didn't bring food. Even snacks for himself would have probably sustained them. They should have just had Jake through them out to make room for the fireworks or because he thought they were gross.

• Love 1

I know the Marcus character was created to facilitate the Holt and Rosa bonding (which we all love), but I'm kind of sad the relationship is over. I liked confused about relationship intimacy Rosa and I actually have come to like Nick Cannon (never thought I'd say that).

• Love 3

I know the Marcus character was created to facilitate the Holt and Rosa bonding (which we all love), but I'm kind of sad the relationship is over. I liked confused about relationship intimacy Rosa and I actually have come to like Nick Cannon (never thought I'd say that).

But he has so. many. emotions!

Rosa and Holt was my favorite storyline. I love that Kevin called them both sociopaths!

It's always great that Jake gets called out on his immature shenanigans, especially by Terry.

Love finding out what Amy liked to read when she was a kid.

All true! Loved this EP, rewound so many times. Favourite: Holt and Diaz....wonderful!

Finally caught this last night and laughs tons.  Can anyone help me with a line?  After Jake and Terry fall into the pit (sorry, hole), Boyle laments that its something-something-something all over again.  Couldn't make this out after two tries at listening, and I haven't figured out the closed captioning on our TV.  :-(

I googled it, but the references aren't that helpful:

http://brooklyn99.wikia.com/wiki/Lohank

This one reminded me that Lohank had a dog who got run over by a car. But that doesn't really fit with the hole/pit reference.

http://couchtuner.city/5/brooklyn-nine-nine-s3-e6-into-the-woods/

This one says the dogs died in a well, but doesn't say when.

EIther way, Lohank is the sad sack who shares Rosa's desk (jams the keyboard with stubble) and who owns the cabin where the guys were attempting to spend the weekend.

ETA: So it was THIS episode where they talked about the dogs falling in the well? And I managed to forget? I knew something was wrong with me because I didn't find the episode funny. But I didn't realize it was because I was blanking out half the dialogue....

Edited by possibilities

ETA: So it was THIS episode where they talked about the dogs falling in the well? And I managed to forget? I knew something was wrong with me because I didn't find the episode funny. But I didn't realize it was because I was blanking out half the dialogue....

Yes it was this episode -- when Jake, Charles, and Terry arrive at the "manor" and Lohank says there's no heat or electricity Terry asks if there is water.  Lohank says "Yes, of course.  But I wouldn't drink it, it's highly contaminated." and explains that his three dogs drowned in the well, and they wouldn't have lost all three of them if they weren't tied together.  Later in the episode it's referenced again when Charles says none of them got sick and Jake is incredulous that Charles drank the dead dog water.

• Love 2