Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Chaos in the Cul-de-Sac

• Start Topic

Reminds me of the "New Dad" commercial from long long ago on SNL. I wish I could paste a link but my phone is uncooperative.

ha - I know whereof you speak.

I just flashed on the old Metallica song, "The Thing that Should Not Be".

and Pet Portrait EU!  ha!  he must have just moved from Europe.  The artist I mean.  That was probably a factor in Robyn selecting him.  That and he worked cheap.

• Love 2

I'm disturbed but not really shocked by the picture. Since Day 1, Robyn has been desperate to make herself and her kids original members of the Brown family, instead of accepting that they are an added-on, blended step family. Everything she has done has been to erase her kids' dad and replace him with Kody. I'm surprised the bio dad hasn't tried to fight back harder.

Aurora has emotional issues. I don't even feel right making fun of her. She really has some problems, but just like Meri, everyone acts like they don't notice.

• Love 5

Regarding Ysabel, I too was watching her during the unveiling.  She was looking hard at Robyn (who, per usual, couldn't speak through her constipated tears).  At first, I thought - poor Ysabel, she doesn't really know how to react to Robyn's sobbing.  But then I thought - no, they've all got to be pretty used to Robyn's theatrics by now.  That's when it hit me that Ysabel was upset by the portrait (and not just because it's so horrifying).  I have no idea what was going on in Ysabel's head, but she seemed to be really stunned.  At the end of the scene she seemed to be wiping tears from her cheek.  I cannot imagine what Robyn's sociopathic shenanigans are doing to the younger Brown children.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10

Lady Grump I agree with you about the cake.you don't have to go to a bakery owned by two gay guys who serve a diverse clientele (it's Vegas after all) to get a plyg cake that looks like it came from any Walmart bakery. But they delivered it to the house with such fanfare. Those guys are angling for a Cake Boss show of their own, but as bakers they are still in the bush leagues

I'm wondering if she wanted a reaction from them that they won't make a cake for a plyg family. You know like those bakers that refused to make a wedding cake for a gay wedding??? Janelle wanted her own "see? they are discriminating us plygs!"

• Love 5

Robyn didn't only undermine Christine with that portrait. She also gave the "pet artist" a picture of the entire family back at that time to use as a point of reference. I noticed during the unveiling that Ysabel was in the background and looked very upset. In the full family picture they had 11 children, which would have made Ysabel the baby in her father's arms. Robyn took out Kody's actual children and replaced them with her own. I think that portrait was a slap in the face to Kody's biological children even more than to the wives. Robyn is going to erase them all. This portrait was just another step in her process.

Can you explain this for me? I only saw bits and pieces when I clicked over from the football game. I didn't see Robyn order the portrait. Are you saying that Robyn took a family photo of Kody with Christine's kids, removed Christine's kids, and had her kids put in? 

• Love 1

I only caught a few minutes of the episode (what? The Librarians are back!) but thanks to CofCinci, I finally got to see the infamous picture. It reminds me of a cariacature, not the type that are humorously exaggerated, but the type that's slightly skewed so as not to be an actual portrait drawing. Words escape me...why would anyone do this? These kids are old enough to know that Kody's not their biological dad and they've been adopted, so why create this picture of a much younger Kody with the kids, when they were much younger, at a point in time before they knew each other? It doesn't make sense to me.

I wonder about the necklace that they gave Meri--did they buy it, or did it come from the SisterWives Closet stock? As a gesture, it was nice that the kids wanted to thank Meri for making the adoption possible. However, as sad and depressed as Meri looks, I can't help but think that the divorce really wasn't her idea, and each time she has to reinforce that she "did it for the kids" and each time someone mentions it or thanks her, it's like a knife stabbing her.

• Love 5

The portrait made of Kody and Robyn's three kids is the most disturbing thing I've seen in a while.  I have a blended family and my hubby did try to adopt my son when he was little, but the ex wouldn't give consent.  Even so, I cannot fathom trying to rewrite history with that portrait.  I'm disgusted with all of these adults, especially Robyn!

I wonder if Sobyn and Kody thought all along..."when the episode airs when we reveal this portrait everyone is gonna think we're amazing."  Yet the reaction on this board has been 100% disgust (unless I missed some....don't think so).  IF they read this board, and I'll bet they do, just probably can't fathom this reaction. 

• Love 9

These people have to be used to the wave of snark that emanates from social media after each episode airs. Why oh why couldn't Robyn see that this ridiculous rewriting of history wouldn't go over very well with fans of the show?

I have memories as a teenager (pre photoshop) of seeing people pasting their faces on snapshots of their boyfriend or girlfriend with a previous love interest as a way of wiping out the memory of that person and replacing it with themselves. I always thought it was pathetic and a little crazy.

The parts of people's lives that were lived before is what makes them who they are today, and it should not be changed or misremembered. I feel such sadness for Robyn's kids, and also for the rest of the Brown kids who are having their history rewritten in a way as well. I hope they don't spend all their money on concrete slabs and secondhand watches, because they are going to need a little set aside for all the therapy that will be required to get these kids on stable ground after all of this.

Edited to add: wow, Granny58, it is eerie how we both basically said the same thing at the same time. I was writing your reply as you posted yours. :-)

Edited by gardendiva
  • Love 4

The portrait is ridiculous. Ysabel was standing next to Kody the whole time and the expression on her face was so sad. I feel sad for Kody's children. Kody is so smitten with Robyn and her kids. I'm tired of Robyn. I'm ready for Meri's story. And can Christine please stop sucking up to Kody and Robyn. Christine and the cement guy looked like they could have fun together. I think Janelle is just happy to be in the family. Things changed, but her needs are being met. She can witness Meri's sufferable time. My favorite Kody line is "I'm only married to the brisket." Ha ha

• Love 10

I guess they can't leave until they have another man to seal them. I don't understand all this about getting to heaven thru your husband or whatever it is.  I was always taught there is no marriage in heaven.  But I can see how that belief would keep them together when they would rather be apart.  All of this just seems so screwy to me--Janelle divorcing Meri's brother and then "marrying" Meri's husband.  Yuck.  Meri divorcing Kody in favor of Robyn. Double yuck.

I am ready for this show to go off the air.

Also I wonder if the kids would have been so eager to be adopted--or Kody to adopt them-- were they not on television.

Did I mention I was ready for this show to go away forever?

re being on television - I was thinking that today re Robyns kids.  It all may seem like a plot line or something and I'm concerned that when it all ends if it will be like waking up from a dream.  

Also, I don't understand Kody's reaction while sitting on the bed looking at baby pictures of Robyn's kids.  He was so weepy and overwhelmed.  I know enough ORDINARY men, fathers, who would only have such an emotional reaction if they were looking at the pictures of their own children who had died or something.  So, since it is so unusual, and tied in so "beautifully" with the supposedly amazing revisionist portrait, I believe the getting choked up was a piece of acting, he knew about the portrait and was following the plot.  It's simply not normal.  

At the party, Kody kept giving hugs to Aurora, and I think only Aurora.  The kids got their plaques -- hug Aurora.  Kody gets his watch -- hug Aurora.  This just gets creepier and creepier.

Listen carefully....there's also a little sigh from Kody.  I DO NOT want to go down the path of thinking he's lining her up for wife #5, but the way this show is edited it sure seems like they want us to think that. 

• Love 4

Oh man, within the first 3 minutes of watching last night I was wanting to come here, but the thread wasn't up yet, which is probably a good thing because I know live posting is frowned upon, but I don't think I could have restrained myself.

Funny how now the kids father was "unable" to see them the last few years, because the story that has been told before has always been he "hasn't" seen them in 2 years, with an immediate follow up about how horrible he was and he didn't care. I'm sure some of this is messed up because these episodes were filmed a while back, but haven't they been saying the biological dad hasn't seen them in 2 years for more than a year now? And when Robyn was saying how they were ominously "different" after being with their dads, how exactly do you figure that, because you haven't even let them go in 2-3 years meaning the probably only went like twice before that.

I have the answer for why Kody is always filmed in Robyn's room... Because that's where he always is, my guess is that he walks in the door and heads straight back there, and I don't even mean scandalous sexy time, even when Truly was sick in the hospital when he got the news he was right there on Robyn's bed taking a nap.

I somehow missed the portrait... But I'm not sure I can stomach it at this point. And the reason Kody probably lacked enthusiasm about the watch is that the part that says "dad" is hidden, if it lit up and shot out fireworks eith music every hour it probably would have been more his cup of tea. And that plaque was the ugliest thing I have ever in my life seen.

Edited by leighroda
  • Love 1

My favorite Kody line is "I'm only married to the brisket." Ha ha

Today we learned: Brisket=Robyn. Probably his secret pet name for her.  It's incredibly obvious by now that the only family Kody cares about is Robyn's. The others are just kinda there to him. It still doesn't make me feel sympathy for Meri or even Christine or Janelle. Get some self respect and get out. Janelle and Meri have work experience and Christine has her mom to help her escape. What are you still doing there?!

I have the answer for why Kody is always filmed in Robyn's room... Because that's where he always is, my guess is that he walks in the door and heads straight back there, and I don't even mean scandalous sexy time, even when Truly was sick in the hospital when he got the news he was right there on Robyn's bed taking a nap.

Yup. I get the impression that he is at Robyn's 90% of the time 8% of the other time at Meri's (the quiet wet bar house) and 2% is taken up by quick fly by's to Christine and Janelle's house once and awhile.

• Love 3

Listen carefully....there's also a little sigh from Kody.  I DO NOT want to go down the path of thinking he's lining her up for wife #5, but the way this show is edited it sure seems like they want us to think that.

I don't think he is.  I think she just has a crush on him, like she might have a crush on a teacher or other adult.  It could also be she feels really lost in that huge family so it is her way of getting his attention, and it works.  I can't believe I spend time trying to figure out these people. 

I would like for TLC to go ahead and pay in advance for an episode or two to be shot in, say, 18 months, and we could see how they were doing without the money from TLC because by then the advance would have been spent, but they would be obligated to film without another payment.  

• Love 4

When the topic of the drawing came up Jenelle said she thought it was a neat idea that Robyn "created a story" with the superimposing of the kids onto the pic.  Robyn corrected her and said she "created a moment".  No, Robyn.  You did not create a "moment".    No such moment ever existed.  Why couldn't they think about celebrating the fact that despite Kody's not being their biological father, or having "moments" with them as babies, that he loved them just as much as he would have had they been his own--or something like that?  What's the point of manufacturing a non-existent moment?

Boy, I bet Janelle is pissed that she decided to work on a relationship with Meri only to find out that Meri attempted to have an affair.  I wonder if there will be another scene where Janelle wants to meet with Meri and says, "Remember how I wanted to work on our relationship? Well, strike that."

• Love 6

I don't see the other wives coming to Meri's emotional aide at all.  I firmly believe that whenever one wife takes a fall, the others step on her in order to gain ranks in the pecking order.

I don't know -- wasn't Janelle the one who left Kody for quite a while before being persuaded to return? Plus, she was divorced, too--not sure if she divorced Meri's brother or if he divorced her, but she does know firsthand what an emotional toll divorce is on a person. I don't think (or at least I hope) that Janelle's a spiteful, vindictive person--in fact, she admitted to Meri that she rebuffed Meri's olive branches through the years and only recently through counseling came to realize that she does now want to make peace and have a better relationship with Meri. And although Meri said at that time she was about done with Janelle and needed time to think about it (going to counseling together to work on their relationship), she did agree that she wanted to do it. I'm hoping that if we do see some of the catfish incident on the show, that Janelle will step up to comfort and support Meri.

• Love 1

No, Robyn is too slick to do something that blatant. She gave the artist 2 pictures. One was of Kody, Christine, and their children. The other was Kody, the three wives, and the 11 children that they had at the time. I guess he copied Kody from them to create the portrait. She also gave him a picture of her 3 kids back then. I think that what she did had the same effect as if she had just replaced Kody's kids with her own. She is undermining their real family history. I think that she is systematically trying to get rid of them all one by one.

This is just sick. I saw the output. It was vile. She isn't just trying to erase the other kids and wives. She's erasing her own children. We are made from our experiences. What does it say to them when they see their mom delete evidence of their real history and create a fake life for them. These kids are all going to be so messed up.

• Love 4

So much snark, so little time.

Dayton continues to impress me as someone who sees through all the B.S. I loved his comment that his bio dad would leave all the drama behind and just enjoy their visit. He is well aware that adopt-a-dad is the one who brings the drama. And it seems pretty obvious that Kody and Robyn are the ones who have prevented the kids visiting their bio dad for the last two years. They can't handle that it takes the kids a bit to adjust when they return. But isn't that pretty common when kids are only allowed to see their bio parents sporadically? These people are morons.

Oh Christine, we have seen epi after epi about how unhappy you have been - going back years - as a polyg wife. But you just have to trot out that old chestnut about how unlucky us monogamous wives are that we don't have a gaggle of sister wives around to compare notes on the hubby. No Christine, we get to do that with girlfriends - you know people who you are with because you want to be, not because you have to be.

I felt a bit sorry for daytonauroraandbreanna that Meri wasn't more touched about her necklace. She really is checked out of the family. If we didn't now know the reason I would think she was suffering from some incurable disease with just weeks to live. But if that were true TLC would be trotting out specials to take advantage of the situation.

The portrait idea was really, uh, out there. But the artist? Wow.... That's a heck of a beautiful portrait job!

I thought the portrait guy seemed like a very sweet man, and he was cute to boot. I think Robyn should introduce him to Meri.

• Love 10

And I still don't get the visit to the dad. I have a hard time seeing Robyn and Kody sending the kids off to see the dad if they don't have to. But if they truly adopted the kids, they would be no reason they have to. And if he's so evil and they don't have to agree to the visit, then why would they? And the kids were excited to see him. Do they understand that Robyn and Kody are telling the world that he isn't their dad anymore? 

I really am suspicious about the adoption. I wonder if it was really a legal agreement that the kids stay with the Brown clan if Robyn died rather than an actual, parental right-terminating adoption. That court room looked pretty staged so they could have used whatever term they wanted. I suspect it's a "spiritual adoption". 

I only caught a few minutes of the episode (what? The Librarians are back!)

Whoo hoo!! The Librarians!!

• Love 6

And when Robyn was saying how they were ominously "different" after being with their dads,

My kids were always "different" after spending the night with Grandma and Grandpa.  They'd get spoiled for 24 hours (which was fine) then come back to where they were expected to wash the dishes.  I knew it was coming and I dealt with it.  Those so-called parents really need to get over themselves.

• Love 15

When the topic of the drawing came up Jenelle said she thought it was a neat idea that Robyn "created a story" with the superimposing of the kids onto the pic.  Robyn corrected her and said she "created a moment".  No, Robyn.  You did not create a "moment".    No such moment ever existed.  Why couldn't they think about celebrating the fact that despite Kody's not being their biological father, or having "moments" with them as babies, that he loved them just as much as he would have had they been his own--or something like that?  What's the point of manufacturing a non-existent moment?

Boy, I bet Janelle is pissed that she decided to work on a relationship with Meri only to find out that Meri attempted to have an affair.  I wonder if there will be another scene where Janelle wants to meet with Meri and says, "Remember how I wanted to work on our relationship? Well, strike that."

I agree that Robin did not create a "moment"-- Jenelle was right, it was a " story" -- fantasy, at that. Really, why can't they just celebrate what IS, instead of what they wish would have BEEN? It's beyond bizarre to me that anyone would think that drawing was a good idea, let alone a touching gesture.

• Love 4

I agree that Robin did not create a "moment"-- Jenelle was right, it was a " story" -- fantasy, at that. Really, why can't they just celebrate what IS, instead of what they wish would have BEEN? It's beyond bizarre to me that anyone would think that drawing was a good idea, let alone a touching gesture.

I agree. I don't even understand wishing what would have been. I know lots of blended family, including a few with a parent no longer in the picture. I don't know any who wished to rewrite the past. I think the 'Bless the Broken Road' is a more typical attitude. 

• Love 6

Next time I go to a bakery I'll make sure to announce my marital status to the baker. Why should a baker care if you are a polygamist? And the cake was meh. The drawing and the whole pretending Kody was "there from birth" is one of the worst examples of alienation from a parent I have seen. Robyn is trying to push out the whole family for her kids. I believe something big will happen where Kody and Robyn will move away with "their" kids and everyone else will be left in the dust.

I have experienced stomach problems which took forever to diagnose too and I also had CT scans and my doctor also discussed possible cancer. There is no reason to bring in the idea of an STD; there are hundreds of causes of stomach pain and STD's are last on the list. How could she get an STD from an imaginary boyfriend anyway?

I think Janelle is acting a bit more cheerful because she and Meri are getting along better. BTW, whose bedroom were they in during the second scene? There was different bedding so it had to be another wives bed. I thought it was weird they would just take over another wives's bedroom.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 2

Omg, I just read something that reminded me of something. Did I hear right that Kody "sealed" the kids into his own family? I wasn't 100% paying attention, but I definitely heard the word "sealed" but I didn't necessarily catch the context, I just saw them putting hands on Dayton and praying. I know they are just kinda doing whatever works for them at this point as far as religion goes, but that just struck me as weird. This is venturing out of trainwreck catagory for me and I'm really not sure I can keep watching. I really feel for all of the kids, the adults chose this shitstorm but they didn't.

• Love 2

I don't blame Meri one bit for being less than enthusiastic about the three stone diamond necklace. Coming from the children instead of her husband it was a slap.

In fact, if Kody had any class at all he would have bought it for her when she got the divorce.

A more appropriate gift would be Pandora birthstone charms, their birthstones, to add to a bracelet, indicating "now we are your children too."

Having the kids give her a "past present and future" item, which Dayton understood is the actual meaning of a three-stone Diamond piece, was actually kind of insulting.

• Love 5

Yes, it's very lovely. Hopefully they'll be able to take it with them when the house is foreclosed on.

They are really living on borrowed time in those houses. I think the divorce was also the first step in them consolidating houses sometime in the near future. 

• Love 4

I have to wonder if, after last night's episode aired, Robyn gleefully checked in with social media expecting all us jaded viewers to praise her for that oh-so clever and beautifully rendered portrait of her darling, selfless husband and his three new spirit children...only to find quite the opposite.

And on another note, I find the use of the words "sealing" and "unsealing" very...unsettling.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4

I have yet to see any interaction this season where Kody is loving on Meri.  No shared laughter, no flirtations, nothing.  It's truly as though Robyn is the one and only wife and the other women are mere birthers of Kody's children.  The worst thing Meri ever did was invite Robyn into her family.  Robyn just came in and turned everything upside down, including took her role as legal wife.

• Love 8

And on another note, I find the use of the words "sealing" and "unsealing" very...unsettling.

This is what I meant above when I said 'spiritual adoption'. I am really starting to believe Jessop didn't give up his parental rights and it wasn't an adoption the way we think. I think he legally signed them over to Kody in the event of Robyn's death. It's the only way to explain that they are still visiting him. This was about sealing the kids to Kody, not any kind of legal proceeding. (plus it was about Robyn being the main wife but they aren't admitting that).

• Love 8
My favorite Kody line is "I'm only married to the brisket."

But this episode also had one of the best lines of the entire series -- Christine snarling "So, are you crying on the INSIDE?!

She was sweet and bubbly and"our family is amazing!" the rest of the episode, but there was actual malice in that statement, and it was GLORIOUS!

Janelle is getting downright giddy (well, for her), and I don't think they actually know about the catfish yet in the show's timeline.  I honestly don't think she's mean spirited enough to be celebrating Meri's heartbreak (which is obvious).  I am curious what else was going on with her, however.  Maybe she's making real strides in her therapy.  Maybe she started an antidepressant (I did after a couple of years of therapy which helped intellectually, but didn't change my depressed mood.  Suddenly not only did I have the insight, but the black cloud was gone!  And I was also better able to feel happy emotions -- as Janelle did in the courthouse.)  Hope it's something that simple and helpful.

• Love 4

I've said it before, but I think this adoption thing was all staged as a big FU to the bio-dad.  I don't know what they did to Meri to make her go along with this though.  

I had to laugh at the panties remark though.  Because I'm pretty sure Robyn is the only one wearing VS panties and doesn't want to stir up the VS/BK discussion again.  The rest probably wear panties from Target.  Like the rest of us.

That picture was like something from a bad Twlight Zone episode.  I'm surprised the rest of the kids didn't start to slowly disappear.  Just......too creepy.

Those wood things were kind of stupid, but when has Kody ever done something even close to this for his natural children?  The kids from the original recipe wives hardly ever see him and have said so on the show.  That little slide show from a couple of years ago doesn't count.  Just a couple of episodes ago they made him spend time with his daughters.  But he does this for Robyn's and only Robyn's kids?  Just beyond tacky for so many reasons.  And how can they afford all these expensive gifts?  Didn't Christine exchange the wrestling mats for more time with the kids and more grocery money?  

I live in Vegas and Carlo's has a bakery here.  I think it's telling they didn't rate a $10k Cake Boss cake.  

This was the worst episode ever in my opinion and that's saying something.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 11

Oh, by the way, when the "wives" were seated on the couch discussing what a fool Kody is regarding planning the menu, ONCE AGAIN poor simple Christine chirped away about now monogamous wives simply cannot understand what it is like to discuss your dope of a husband like this.  Ummmm.....we monogamous wives have FRIENDS and we discuss our silly husbands plenty.  

• Love 11

You know, I hate to say it but maybe there is a part of Janelle that is seeing some kind of karma getting back to Meri, and the way she treated Janelle when she first entered the family.  Meri is not numero uno any more.  Maybe with that AND therapy, she's able to release some inner frustrations and past hurts.

• Love 3

Found the link to the portrait.  1.  I don't think the artistry is all THAT amazing.  Good, but not drop over dead good.  2.  I don't think Dayton's thumb is up.  I think I see a bump of the thumb joint and in the original picture he's probably making a fist (baby fist, not punching fist).  Whatever is sticking up, it may be a bit of clothing or something.  

• Love 2

Maybe we are being too quick to discard this 'photo makes it so' idea. If I get someone to paint me in a wedding dress standing next to Mark Harmon does that me I get to have a wedding night with him???? Might be worth a try :-)

• Love 16

Maybe we are being too quick to discard this 'photo makes it so' idea. If I get someone to paint me in a wedding dress standing next to Mark Harmon does that me I get to have a wedding

night with him???? Might be worth a try :-)

Don't you be getting any ideas. Mark Harmon is mine. I will cut you. Unless maybe you wanna do a sister wives arrangement? I'll be Robyn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Omg, I just read something that reminded me of something. Did I hear right that Kody "sealed" the kids into his own family? I wasn't 100% paying attention, but I definitely heard the word "sealed" but I didn't necessarily catch the context, I just saw them putting hands on Dayton and praying. I know they are just kinda doing whatever works for them at this point as far as religion goes, but that just struck me as weird. This is venturing out of trainwreck catagory for me and I'm really not sure I can keep watching. I really feel for all of the kids, the adults chose this shitstorm but they didn't.

yep, that happened. It was Kody and a few other men; I haven't a clue who the others were as I was working the Sunday puzzle during the show and not paying full attention. That bothered me because I would think they had to unseal the kids from the bio dad.  Or something. This whole episode was the worst ever.

I married a widower with a son. I think I will take all the pictures of him with his mother and photoshop her out of them and me into them.  Or maybe not.....

• Love 1

So much snark, so little time.

Dayton continues to impress me as someone who sees through all the B.S. I loved his comment that his bio dad would leave all the drama behind and just enjoy their visit. He is well aware that adopt-a-dad is the one who brings the drama. And it seems pretty obvious that Kody and Robyn are the ones who have prevented the kids visiting their bio dad for the last two years. They can't handle that it takes the kids a bit to adjust when they return. But isn't that pretty common when kids are only allowed to see their bio parents sporadically? These people are morons.

Oh Christine, we have seen epi after epi about how unhappy you have been - going back years - as a polyg wife. But you just have to trot out that old chestnut about how unlucky us monogamous wives are that we don't have a gaggle of sister wives around to compare notes on the hubby. No Christine, we get to do that with girlfriends - you know people who you are with because you want to be, not because you have to be.

I felt a bit sorry for daytonauroraandbreanna that Meri wasn't more touched about her necklace. She really is checked out of the family. If we didn't now know the reason I would think she was suffering from some incurable disease with just weeks to live. But if that were true TLC would be trotting out specials to take advantage of the situation.

I thought the portrait guy seemed like a very sweet man, and he was cute to boot. I think Robyn should introduce him to Meri.

I only wanted to respond to your Christine comment.  I was ready to throw something at the TV because I had just been talking to my sister (not sister wife) about how I am feeling poorly with bronchitis and my hubby seems a little put out that I can't do for him as I usually do (like when he has a hang nail).  She said her husband is the same way.  I guess men are just not as nurturing, but you don't need a sister wife to complain about your better half.  Don't 'poor monogamous' me Toots!  Proudly monogamous for 42 years and still going strong.

• Love 9

I just finished the show and I saw something odd on my teevee.  When they all trooped out from the classy party to the backyard in order to check out the handprints in the concrete, it looked like the picture of the handprints was superimposed over the actual patio.  The hands and names were moving!  I think that the Christine's great idea didn't look too great the next day so they used the previous film from the day they laid the concrete.  Did anybody else notice this, or is my smart tv playing tricks on me?

yep, that happened. It was Kody and a few other men; I haven't a clue who the others were as I was working the Sunday puzzle during the show and not paying full attention. That bothered me because I would think they had to unseal the kids from the bio dad.  Or something. This whole episode was the worst ever.

If Kody can unseal these kids, why can't Jessop just seal them back? Battle of the seals. Who's in change of this religion anyway? 

• Love 14

Note the "pitcher" of Kody that the "artist" used wasn't Kody the way he looks now, but a much younger Kody.

That's just it! When you take on the awesomely important task of wiping out reality and rewriting history, you must try to be as painstakingly accurate as possible. If the kids are 10 years younger in the picture, well then Daddy must also  be 10 years younger. Because Kody is Daddy now, and this is what he looked like as Daddy then. It's all so wholesome and tender and loving and natural. *sniff sniff*.

• Love 2