Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

I've said this before -- there's a lot going on with the Beador marriage we don't know about & those 2 are not sharing with us & they're NEVER gonna share with us. It's kinda hard to make judgements when you don't have the whole story -- or you're missing large chunks. Idk what exactly is going on with their marriage, and it's only my hunch, happily married Shannon ain't gonna stay that way for long.

I agree. It shocked me that Shannon said they used to have two dates a year. Your spouse is supposed to be your partner and best friend, and that can't happen if they aren't around. Say what you will about the Dubrows, but they seem to make a conscious effort to connect with each other despite how busy things get for them.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 11

Also a hard earned life lesson don't complain about where you live to the people that live there . I moved to NC from NY about 15 years ago for my husbands job. I was really looking forward to the move and I was shocked to discover I hated it . I had some sense knocked into me when I saw a bumper sticker that read WE DONT CARE HOW YOU DO IT UP NORTH.

This made me chuckle! Perhaps because of my recent move. But so true! My mom said 20 years after we left a certain location "I liked so-and-so and so-and-so but Oh, I hated that place. It is the armpit of America." I never knew. She was a seasoned military wife and had moved 17 times... grow where you are planted.
  • Love 9

And as for what someone posted upthread about Vicki being the type to side with her man, even if he actually abused her child in some way - pure speculation, but I'd get on board with that theory as well. Vicki is so freaking needy in the love department, I think she'd put her man above virtually anything. We all guess, from what we've seen, that she never really had a close relationship with her mother. What's the deal with her father? I'd like to know more about that. 

Interesting post. I'm pretty sure that when the Brooks / Ryan tape first came out Briana said one of the reasons she was so upset was that she had been a victim of abuse. Makes you wonder if she was a child at the time and Vicki let the abuser into her life. To be honest I don't need to know the details as it is unfortunate and disturbing, but it does prove that Vicki does not put her children first no matter how often she says it. Lying liar who lies.

• Love 11

You can credit Heather's fame whore husband for why she is on the show. Ain't love grand?

On another subject:

Why is no one up in arms about Brianna's threat to kill Brooks? Oh, could it be that she wasn't really serious? Hmm like maybe a stupid drunk comment joking about someone beating her to keep her in line? Oh, no wait.....if Brooks said it, then he must have meant it. No double standards there.

Did Heather and/or Terry actually say that?  I would think Heather had her own motivations – like kick-starting her acting career again!

Seriously!

Everyone knows that Caroline Manzo is the most  beautiful of all the Housewives.

If you don't think so we have a trunk in a Caddy that you can take a ride in to the Brownstone to discuss it.

caroline-manzo-middle-finger.png

Hey when you’re right, you’re right!  Fuhgetaboutit!

• Love 2

^^ There was also a time Brooks said he would never hit a woman and then he followed up with, well I only hit Vicki once. Like he deserved to be commended. And I think it was later Vicki commented if he did hit her she would "probably" leave him. This told me enough.

• Love 6

Interesting post. I'm pretty sure that when the Brooks / Ryan tape first came out Briana said one of the reasons she was so upset was that she had been a victim of abuse. Makes you wonder if she was a child at the time and Vicki let the abuser into her life. To be honest I don't need to know the details as it is unfortunate and disturbing, but it does prove that Vicki does not put her children first no matter how often she says it. Lying liar who lies.

Well then the abuser would have to be either Brianna's father or Donn because Vicki married Donn shortly after her first divorce (as she and Donn were having an affair).

Agreed! They weren't being supportive they were being judgemental and the question was directed to Shannon and HER actual situation not what everyone's opinion was of cheating in a marriage.

The editing was horrible and obvious in that particular scene. It was clear this was a conversation that went on for much longer and they were piecing it together to fit in the opinions of the others. I would have liked it better had they let us see more of Shannon talking as well.

• Love 6

Maybe if so many American adults weren't such big babies, they COULD be happier and nicer within the original marriage.  Our divorce rate is the second highest in the world … Canadians divorce at half our rate.  And look at who the children of divorce pick for a marriage partner … Raging Ryan, Rapin' Ryan, Joshua …

Of course, but it doesn't always happen that way, and there are certainly circumstances when a divorce is the better option. It was typically crazy of Shannon to say that divorce was not now and had never been an option. Really? Never? So David could cheat again and it wouldn't be on the table? Give his wedding ring to a different daughter this time and she would stick around? At some point it becomes selfish of her to not look at that option if she is going to continue to be miserable and make those around her miserable. If she is able to forgive, move on, and be happy, then more power to her. My parents divorce was very painful for me when I was young, but it didn't take me long to recognize that the best thing that ever happened was for them to have split up. My dad couldn't be faithful to my mother, and my mother had a lot of Shannon in her. She was forever talking to us kids like we were adults, oversharing with us the details of our fathers betrayals. When I was 9 she informed me that my father "liked to fuck other women". That was some hard stuff to hear and in the end, the best thing was for those two people to not be married any longer. They were both ugly in their unhappiness and said things that they wouldn't be able to believe that had said years later because they were so awful. They were so much happier apart, and ended up being close friends to the point that it was my mother who was holding my fathers hand when he died.

• Love 9

Did Heather and/or Terry actually say that?  I would think Heather had her own motivations – like kick-starting her acting career again!

Yes Heather has said it many times. I think Heather was smart enough to know that being a Real Housewife was a big gamble and could be a very big mistake, but that fame whore husband of hers didn't care and gave her the silent treatment until she gave in. If you notice Heather is very careful of what she does on camera. There is nothing spontaneous about her. I also believe her when she says the OTT gimansions are Terry's idea too. I don't know how much fame and money is enough to fill Terry's insecurities hole, but I'm thinking that abyss is comparable to Vicki's love tank.
  • Love 19

Yeah. Heather was right about the human body's natural cleansing ability.

Why then did she put leeches on her tummy?

I know, I was so glad that Heather corrected Shannon on that issue. I know I am in the minority, but I like Heather. She is not just a trophy wife and not afraid to use her vocabulary. But the leeches... that was as cooky as some of Shannon's things. Edited by mardo4
  • Love 13
To be honest I don't need to know the details as it is unfortunate and disturbing, but it does prove that Vicki does not put her children first no matter how often she says it.

It doesn't prove anything, as Brianna never said who abused her, nor when. For all we know, it could've been a boyfriend who was abusive towards her. (And, that's assuming Brianna was even abused in the first place.)

• Love 2

i read most the comments but not all... Am I the only one who thinks Vicki's overexposure of her cleavage is not attractive at this age? She is an attractive woman but you just need to know when leaving it a mystery is more of an advantage than showing them off IMO.

• Love 14

I think that Heather's problem in general is that her life is pretty close to perfect. That is a good thing in general, but maybe problematic if you are on a Reality show surrounded by people who have some seriously bad shit going on in their lives. She is rich, has had her own successes that exist outside of her marriage, has a beautiful family, a rich husband that she loves and who loves her, and she has a body that most women would die for. It's all so good for her that I often think she has to come up with small ways to get some attention on a show where the talk is always about the horrible thing that is happening to someone. I also think that in the world of reality TV, she is just not that prone to drama for the sake of drama. I love her, but don't always think she makes for the best in Reality TV considering what it has become

I think u r right. Maybe that is why the leeches...she is trying to do something fun and different.
  • Love 4

i read most the comments but not all... Am I the only one who thinks Vicki's overexposure of her cleavage is not attractive at this age? She is an attractive woman but you just need to know when leaving it a mystery is more of an advantage than showing them off IMO.

I personally wouldn't have wanted to see Vicki's cleavage at any age. 

• Love 10

Vicki = Liarface

• Love 10

On this particular issue, I would have to go with, it's all subjective.  Example, Sophia Loren. Angela Basset. Bad example..... Vicki Gunvalson. 

• Love 7

I bet the Sushi Girl knew that a shark wasn't a mammal.

I'm sorry I had to copy and paste this and send it to icky on twitter I laughed out loud, let's see if she thinks it's as funny lol

• Love 11

Just wanted to respond to grneyedldy post about Brianna's comment regarding killing Brooks.

That was probably the most despicable thing any of the housewives spawns have ever said. Granted, she probably didn't mean it literally. However i'm pretty sure that saying you're going to kill someone is considered a terroristic threat, by law.

Note: I said "pretty sure", not positive :)

P.S. Brianna...f-off. Thanks hon.

• Love 8

I get the impression Briana's use of the word "abuse" may not line up with others' definitions of abuse.  It was interesting to me she found Brooks' suggestion so upsetting but she listened to it 500 times.  According to Vicki the abuser could only be Briana's father or Donn.  So I am going with Dad, who was out of Briana's life at a very young age.

• Love 2

I'm so with you on that. I never thought Alexis was beautiful; very attractive yes. IAnd I think she's a sweet person. But she seemed painfully dumb to me.

LuAnn is really flawless. A classic beauty who almost always looks elegant whether dressed up or down. She also has a great sense of humor.

I'd also add Cynthia Bailey to the most beautiful. The bone structure is just incredible on her. I don't always like the make-up or hair, but she's just gorgeous.

I agree Alexis is a sweet person. I wish she had kept her original nose. Her nose job somehow makes her look ordinary to me.

Alexis was treated so badly by her coworkers. The way she was treated was so wrong, IMO.

I think Cynthia Bailey is the most beautiful of all the HWs.

• Love 6
I agree. It shocked me that Shannon said they used to have two dates a year.

My husband (when I had one) and I went out often...movies, dancing, dinner, parties--as a couple or with other couples.  We didn't call them "dates."  Perhaps that's what Shannon meant.  David asked for a "date" only twice a year.

For those who want the montage-Vicki's ten hottest looks- the white silk with the wonky boobs I find particularly attractive:  http://rumorfix.com/...ooks-10-photos/

I looked at every photo and read every comment.  I think Vicki wrote all of these herself.

• Love 5

And those were the circumstances I stated were legitmate causes. Also, sometimes a not so comfortable situation (not speaking of your situation) or outcome is what some parents decide is better than  financial instability, incorporating new partners, spouses, manuevering through custody disputes, visiting schedules, more anger and animosity at living seperate lives but still being dependent on each other for connections that can't be severed.  There's a whole new can of worms that open up with divorce that doesn't necessarily lead to a better more peaceful life. I just think that there is something to be said for really discussing and evaluating what the aftermath of a split will really consist of before actually making the decision and then being blindsided by what's to come.  I think, maybe I also advocate for at least REALLY discussing it in length and also touching base on the typical negative pitfalls that arise, then actually coming up with an agreed game plan for post marriage conduct with each other and with the children. So to me divorce is an option of course I just hate it when the decision is made so irresponsibly and with such lack of regard to how life changing and significant the decision is to more than just the person wanting out.

I totally agree, however, if both members of a couple had the maturity, emotional intelligence, and self-awareness to discuss post-marriage conduct, then they'd probably use those skills to actually make the marriage work rather than divorce. Or at least give it a serious try, and then agree to an amicable divorce if they simply couldn't make the changes necessary. Ugly, cruel, and hurtful behavior springs from immaturity and other flaws in both partners. Too often both are unwilling to change and determined to be "right" in their view that the other spouse is "wrong". That's why bad marriages often lead to bad divorces. Not always the case, of course, but unfortunately a lot of couples who make each other miserable in marriage continue their negative behavior post-divorce, and everyone loses.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7

Can I just say, I haven't watched the show in years, the last time I watched was when Heather was still new and Lydia was on. I just caught the last 2 episodes of this season and the 2 reunion shows that have shown so far, and I feel pretty caught up.

I think it's kinda funny that Vicki seems to think the fact that she has been here from the beginning and she's the original is some sort of accomplishment, but to me it's kinda sad that this has become her life. Most of the people who have been on do a couple seasons and move on with life, so I'm not sure what is so great. I'm not a huge Gretchen fan, and I roll my eyes every time she is peddling something new, but I do respect that she is at least doing something other than being filmed going to dinner parties, and taking trips. I know Vicki does the whole insurance thing, I don't mean to say she doesn't work at all, she clearly is successful, just that being the longest standing member of a reality show isn't that great of an accomplishment.

• Love 7

With Tamra, we have seen this for several nights for 8 seasons. If this was the only night she did something this tacky and embarrassing I would agree with you but that night, IMO, is what Tamra is all about, at least on camera.

Except it's on TV to further embarrass her children. Wrong post quoted

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1

It was Terry's idea for Heather to be on the show, he has the "reality fame" bug so to speak, not Heather. Terry did that Swan show and is still doing Blotched, with a soon to be second Blotched show starting up. Heather still acts in legit acting roles and I think that is still her goal, to get back into acting on a regular basis, she quit acting when she had kids.

Oh. I thought she starting calving kids with that revolting wallet when she realized that her expiration date as a failed bit actress was looming ever closer. And her participation in this shitfest--as a result of her wallet's bullying--makes her even more revolting. She's changed so much. I was a big fan when she was in Madame's Place

• Love 4

I totally agree, however, if both members of a couple had the maturity, emotional intelligence, and self-awareness to discuss post-marriage conduct, then they'd probably use those skills to actually make the marriage work rather than divorce. Or at least give it a serious try, and then agree to an amicable divorce if they simply couldn't make the changes necessary. Ugly, cruel, and hurtful behavior springs from immaturity and other flaws in both partners. Too often both are unwilling to change and determined to be "right" in their view that the other spouse is "wrong". That's why bad marriages often lead to bad divorces. Not always the case, of course, but unfortunately a lot of couples who make each other miserable in marriage continue their negative behavior post-divorce, and everyone loses.

I completely agree w/ your post.

Oh. I thought she starting calving kids with that revolting wallet when she realized that her expiration date as a failed bit actress was looming ever closer. And her participation in this shitfest--as a result of her wallet's bullying--makes her even more revolting. She's changed so much. I was a big fan when she was in Madame's Place

She was fairly successful as a "bit" actress before she married and had kids. I do think she and Terry love each other and I do not think she married him because of his wallet, LOL, although I don't think she minded it either.

• Love 4

Different perspective, maybe Vicki is the one who Brianna considers abusive....Brianna in the past has spoken *(a little bit) about her mother and how it was growing up.  Her point of view alone makes me question Vicki as a parent, her son's partial estrangement figures into my theory as well. 

• Love 6

It makes sense if you see Vicki as a somatic narcissist (as opposed to a cerebral narcissist) - they tend to think of themselves as younger than their current age, relating to the more powerful, seductive person they used to be.

• Love 3

Different perspective, maybe Vicki is the one who Brianna considers abusive....Brianna in the past has spoken *(a little bit) about her mother and how it was growing up. Her point of view alone makes me question Vicki as a parent, her son's partial estrangement figures into my theory as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vicki is the abusive one - remember that tiny scene when she got nasty with Brianna for speaking truthfully in front of the camera. Vicki must be a real treat in private! Wonder if Brianna leaves Vicki alone with her kids - Brianna still seems attached to her mother, but also somewhat wary. Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4

I wouldn't be surprised if Vicki is the abusive one - remember that tiny scene when she got nasty with Brianna for speaking truthfully in front of the camera. Vicki must be a real treat in private! Wonder if Brianna leaves Vicki alone with her kids - Brianna still seems attached to her mother, but also somewhat wary.

Yeah, I think Icky has emotionally abused her kids from birth. She was a mess, so she raised her kids to carry on in her image. Michael is trying to break free, but he wants the benefits of money. As does Brianna. I wonder if either one of them would even be in her life at all, if she was poor.

• Love 5

Yeah, I think Icky has emotionally abused her kids from birth. She was a mess, so she raised her kids to carry on in her image. Michael is trying to break free, but he wants the benefits of money. As does Brianna. I wonder if either one of them would even be in her life at all, if she was poor.

I had forgotten about the money, but It's true that Vicki comes bearing gifts (jobs, cars, trips) - but the strings attached are deadly!
  • Love 4

magda1.jpg

Vicki looked awful in HD.  Her neck looked really old and her skin was awful under all that caked on makeup.  Her hair didn't look as good as it did in her talking heads. She was just a hot mess.  She reminded me of Magda from There's Something About Mary.  The thing is Magda had makeup on to appear this way.  Vicki looked like this on her own. 

• Love 2

Oh. I thought she starting calving kids with that revolting wallet when she realized that her expiration date as a failed bit actress was looming ever closer. And her participation in this shitfest--as a result of her wallet's bullying--makes her even more revolting. She's changed so much. I was a big fan when she was in Madame's Place.

LOL!

Great post!

----

ETA

Oh yeah. I forgot.

Heather is not an actress.

She is a Thespian (pronounced w/ a Masterpiece Theater accent).

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 3

Or perhaps Vicki was hoping he would change.  Vicki doesn;t strike me as the type who wants to share and I believe her when she said she left more often and turned to ice.  http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/oc-housewives-donn-slams-ex-wife-vicki-gunvalson-2011106  This is why Briana is so screwed up in the way she sees things.  She never got to see a traditional acceptable marriage.  She has a little bit of her mom in her in that she would hope her mom would settle for a crowded marriage just so her world isn't rocked.  I will say it again these people are screwed up and I bet Heather is thinking there aren't enough wipes to get the cooties off her.

I disagree that Brianna is just modeling by example of her mom, Vicki in marriage, I came from a highly dysfunctional family with parents constantly arguing/fighting, domestic violence on a a regular basis.  I am happily married for 20+ years.   I will say I did have a mother with a good moral compass and this could have been the difference. My mom would not have been part of a pyramid scheme or shacking up with a con-man.  So there's that. 

I liked Meghan's darker hair at first, but she looks weirdly washed out, like the color of her brown hair should have warmer tones in it or something.  Her eyes are absolutely beady looking at the reunion.  None of the ladies have knocked my socks off in their dresses and the background set is nothing special.  Jeez, Andy this is not the time to cut back on the expenses.  

Vicki's mellow yellow is not helping her, she brings no personality to this reunion at all, Andy should can her a$$. 

I was stunned by Vicki trash talking Tamara with the comment of "no wonder she lost custody" at the sex party.  Now that is the ultimate betrayal of "girl code".  If she truly thought that then maybe a quick whisper in your "friend's" ear that sporting a strap on may not be helpful with future custody hearings.  Should Tamara have known that already, yes, but to be honest it has no bearing on her custodial fitness if she likes to be raunchy or not.  I do believe Tamara is probably a classic NPD (Narcissistic Personality disorder).  There are webpages dedicate to children of these kinds of moms. so I kind of do believe the daughter's estrangement is Tamara's own fault, however I am suspicious of Simon Barney's role in that, too.  He comes off as a spiteful type.

Shannon B has lost some credibility with me by saying she would never talk to the mistress then accosting her at the game.  Me thinks Shannon's ego has swollen a bit and she needs to check it.  

• Love 3

Which is why I can't knock it when I see people TRY to work it out and work on it. Even if it does seem painful or useless or hopeless. I just get annoyed at the amount of "those poor kids" that gets thrown around like that's all that's involved. Basically there's no getting around the fact that the kids stay in fairytale land has been cut short so at this point there's going to be rough times regardless. At least when effort is made there's the possibility of a positive outcome either by way of saving the marriage and family or by way of coming to terms with it amicably and divorcing civilly.

Which is why I can't knock it when I see people TRY to work it out and work on it. Even if it does seem painful or useless or hopeless. I just get annoyed at the amount of "those poor kids" that gets thrown around like that's all that's involved. Basically there's no getting around the fact that the kids stay in fairytale land has been cut short so at this point there's going to be rough times regardless. At least when effort is made there's the possibility of a positive outcome either by way of saving the marriage and family or by way of coming to terms with it amicably and divorcing civilly.

IMO, just mine, I think many here and on other sites say "those poor kids" because of all of this playing out on TV and not in private. I applaud Shannon/David trying to repair the damage in their marriage/family and working to save it but involving the kids ON camera is crossing a line I don't think they needed to in order to tell/share their story on the show. JMO

• Love 2

IMO, just mine, I think many here and on other sites say "those poor kids" because of all of this playing out on TV and not in private. I applaud Shannon/David trying to repair the damage in their marriage/family and working to save it but involving the kids ON camera is crossing a line I don't think they needed to in order to tell/share their story on the show. JMO

In that regard hey, the reality tv show issue is a totally different animal but I'm just referring to the angles that the kids will be much better off than having to deal with parents that aren't happy with each other. While I understand that sentiment I don't think trying to continue on with a cracked marriage is always more damaging than the plethora of issues and turmoil that comes from divorce and maneuvering threw those new set of circumstances. Believe you me there are a lot. If it were up to me I would have rather stayed with my ex and figured out a way to co-exist amicably even with our issues than the complete shit storm of real world details that have turned both our worlds upside down, not to mention my sons.

The irony is, we are still leaning on each other, at first begrudgingly cause ya know we were split but it couldn't be helped, but now it's a lot less strained however considering how present and constant we are in each others lives due to circumstances it just highlights how possible it is to get to the other side when no other choice is available. Problem is, during the really bad/ugly patch of our split too much was destroyed to repair so this new found peace and re-connection we have developed now which would have probably saved our relationship is moot because so much pain was inflicted during the beginning of our split that can't be forgotten.  Thank goodness things are positive for the most part with regards to our interactions with each other and with our son but I still have bouts of resentment over the fact that we might as well have stayed together and given our son complete family since we are pretty much around each other all the time now anyway. Knee jerk reactions, and selfish needs shouldn't be the sole basis to dissolving a union that involves children. That's my position on the matter.

I can't honestly say that it playing out on TV is the absolute worse thing ever either but I get how that isn't well received by others. I totally get it. I can understand the side eye about that.

she feels that adults and people who can see passed their own individual needs would be able to stick with honoring a commitment "through good times and bad", "sickness health" those vows represent the idea that no matter what, short of abuse, there is a promise...

I wonder how she feels about David disregarding his vow to 'forsake all others.'

I'll admit to not being much of a pearl-clutcher about divorce because, from my anecdotal observations, it's almost always better for the kids in the long run than watching their parents exist in an unhappy, damaging marriage. Obviously mileage varies, but that's my takeaway.

On a minor note, I like Shannon and sympathize with her to a degree, but I don't believe her when she says her girls are proud and happy with the marriage. The sports bar dinner was a riot of dysfunction and codependence (Shannon's passive-aggressive 'I'm fine! I'm fine!' protestations, her girls' increasingly agitated attempts to placate her, David's total emotional absence) and those kinds of interrelational patterns take time and work to resolve. I doubt anyone in that house is very happy, unfortunately.

• Love 4

I wonder how she feels about David disregarding his vow to 'forsake all others.'

I'll admit to not being much of a pearl-clutcher about divorce because, from my anecdotal observations, it's almost always better for the kids in the long run than watching their parents exist in an unhappy, damaging marriage. Obviously mileage varies, but that's my takeaway.

On a minor note, I like Shannon and sympathize with her to a degree, but I don't believe her when she says her girls are proud and happy with the marriage. The sports bar dinner was a riot of dysfunction and codependence (Shannon's passive-aggressive 'I'm fine! I'm fine!' protestations, her girls' increasingly agitated attempts to placate her, David's total emotional absence) and those kinds of interrelational patterns take time and work to resolve. I doubt anyone in that house is very happy, unfortunately.

I just think it's inevitable to run into "unhappy" times. I just think there's a whole lot less fortitude expected to be present in marriages these days and I think a lot of excuses are made because people don't want to put in the work to stabilize their union even through rough times. I think we are predisposed to believe that even the slightest discord in a marriage will cause irreparable damage to the children so getting out is the right thing to do. Hell it's such a strong belief that even people who want to stay and work it out find the public backlash uncomfortable enough to make them second guess trying to fix it.

Path of least resist seems to be an unfortunate way of life now a days.

Also, I don't think we have to wonder considering they've actually shared this stuff and their feelings on the show and of course the girls are affected. Doesn't mean it's always going to be unhappy in their home or that they are unhappy every day of their lives. I'm guessing some days are better than others as they work out the dynamics of their family. I think more people should be as brave and committed.

Edited by Yours Truly