Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I think that’s why he has the facial hair, to let people know he is a man.   Perhaps someone called him miss or ma’am at a restaurant or something at some point.   

Omg you made me laugh soooo hard!!

Comedy gold!   Thanks

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I agree with you about Mariah being excessively mean to her mother. I mean, this happened in 2015–does Mariah intend to hold this over Meri’s head forever? How do we know that in private Meri has not apologized to Mariah? Does Mariah expect her mother to make a public apology on camera? Not gonna happen. Ever.

Also, I don’t think Kody would allow or like that. It may be obvious (to him and the viewers) what really happened, but I don’t think Kody wants it to come out of Meri’s mouth, clear as day, on camera. One thing to know it in your head, another to have it proclaimed out loud. 

We, as viewers can snark and call Meri out on the real reasons for the catfishing—but I do think Mariah can cut her mom a little slack. This is the woman who is going to help her move while her father says “she can move herself.” Ymmv

I think you may be right about Kody, but there were a couple of episodes last season that showed Meri publicly showing some signs of regret and wanting to make amends with her daughter.  When she went to the women's march with her that was a very big sign that she wanted to put her daughter first ahead of her own feelings and desires.  It was at the very least a show of good faith.  Of course you're right that there will be no public apology.

• Love 4

Mariah is pretty mean-spirited to her mom, that much is evident.  When she came out to the adults I also felt Meri had been blindsided by Mariah. Let's face it, Meri isn't that great of an actress to pull off that "stunned by a death-ray" look.  I'm no fan of Meri's, but I honestly felt really, really bad for her in that moment. My mom's got narcissistic issues, but I can't imagine treating her like that, and on national t.v., no less. It was cold and it was cruel and Mariah will have to answer for that one day.

At that time was Mariah paying Meri back for not listening to her about the catfish?  Was she setting up a quid-pro-quo that she'd forgive Meri's trespasses against her, but Meri's gonna accept her homosexuality? Remember, Meri used to refer to the question of gayness between the wives as "we don't go weird."

Then, Mariah's comment about her mom's BnB, "what's it got to do with me?" That came straight out of her dad's narcissistic handbook. Gosh, it's not about you, Mariah! 

Mariah is the child, and Meri the parent, and Mariah needs to cut Meri a lot of slack.  And, as far as her dad is concerned, he shows Mariah about as much thought as he does the rest of his kids, EXCLUDING Robyn's brood.  For example, Meri wanted to help Mariah move to Chicago. It's perfectly understandable to want to see an only child that's moving across the country settled in. However, Kody couldn't care less that Mariah may experience culture shock of living in another city, or that Meri wanted to be with her daughter  for a little while longer. "Whats in it for Kody" is what he's thinking. Regarding this, Mariah is her father's daughter.

God forbid if something happens to Meri, for I don't think Cootie is gonna have much to do with Mariah...at all.  She better see sense and hold on to her mother with both hands, for Meri is really all she's got. 

1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

I think that’s why he has the facial hair, to let people know he is a man.   Perhaps someone called him miss or ma’am at a restaurant or something at some point.   

It looks like pubic hair.  #justsayin

• Love 7
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Don't forget that Mariah warned her mother that the "man" she was talking to might not be real when this whole thing began. Mariah was there when Meri was texting, disappearing to talk to "Sam", eventually becoming enamored enough to consider leaving the family. And it wasn't "perceived" affair, those banana pictures and voicemails happened. They may not have had physical contact ('cause, well, he was a she), but Meri Loved "Sam" and all this happened after Mariah warned her.

I also don't think Meri has ever told Mariah, "I'm sorry, you were right". Instead Meri managed a lame, "I am a victim" excuse. NO, she fucking wasn't. For this, I don't blame Mariah for holding a grudge but I also applaud her for not wanting to talk about it--unless she is going to receive a sincere apology from her mother. I don't think Meri is ever going to admit her part and Mariah wants to move on without hearing about it anymore. 

I don't think I ever demanded an apology from my mother even when she wouldn't and I deserved one.  I am sure Meri wouldn't demand one of princess Mariah either even if she deserved one, so I think Mariah needs to get off her high horse.  I guess I was just fortunate to have learned the lesson of forgiveness and unconditional love.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don't think I ever demanded an apology from my mother even when she wouldn't and I deserved one.  I am sure Meri wouldn't demand one of princess Mariah either even if she deserved one, so I think Mariah needs to get off her high horse.  I guess I was just fortunate to have learned the lesson of forgiveness and unconditional love.  

Well, what doesn't help is that Meri keeps bringing up the catfish. Life could go on and relationships could improve, but she keep bringing it up, alsmot like it's some kind of joke. I mean, a few episodes ago she sat Mariah down with some woman who was catfished by the same person and Mariah's like, "She forgets I WAS THERE during the whole thing!"

I am all for unconditional love/forgiveness, however: I personally find it difficult to completely forgive someone who refuses to admit their part in something, but I'm willing to move past it. Just don't keep bringing it up or sit me down 3 years after it happened and expect me to believe the same BS excuses. 

Mariah has said she loves her mom, very much and just wishes Meri would stop bringing it up so they could continue to move forward. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Well, what doesn't help is that Meri keeps bringing up the catfish. Life could go on and relationships could improve, but she keep bringing it up, alsmot like it's some kind of joke. I mean, a few episodes ago she sat Mariah down with some woman who was catfished by the same person and Mariah's like, "She forgets I WAS THERE during the whole thing!"

I am all for unconditional love/forgiveness, however: I personally find it difficult to completely forgive someone who refuses to admit their part in something, but I'm willing to move past it. Just don't keep bringing it up or sit me down 3 years after it happened and expect me to believe the same BS excuses. 

Mariah has said she loves her mom, very much and just wishes Meri would stop bringing it up so they could continue to move forward. 

THIS!

Meri keeps bringing up the catfish and shoving it down Mariah's throat.

Mariah didn't want to meet Christy or care about what happened to her because she already knows what happened to Meri and how she tried to warn her.... She was living in the same house.

Meri is desperate to *spin* the entire thing into her being totally innocent and victimized which is BS and Mariah is tired of her BS concerning this topic.

Plus, Christy was separated from her husband when she began talking to "Sam".... Meri was still with Kootie and singing the advantages of her MODESTY and religious plig marriage... Meanwhile she's online diddling and sexting Sam.... Total hypocrite with her sleeves over sleeves and hems to the floor.  🙄

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Mariah is pretty mean-spirited to her mom, that much is evident.  When she came out to the adults I also felt Meri had been blindsided by Mariah. Let's face it, Meri isn't that great of an actress to pull off that "stunned by a death-ray" look.  I'm no fan of Meri's, but I honestly felt really, really bad for her in that moment. My mom's got narcissistic issues, but I can't imagine treating her like that, and on national t.v., no less. It was cold and it was cruel and Mariah will have to answer for that one day.

Mariah is just smug, condescending, and mean spirited in general.  She has a lot of power with Meri because she's her only child, and she uses that power to hurt.  

If Mariah ever has children, I can definitely see her using them as pawns to get what she wants from Meri, or to hurt Meri, depending on how she's feeling that day.  She's just not a nice person.  As I've said before, she is the worst of Meri and the worst of Kootie all in one nasty package.

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Mariah is just smug, condescending, and mean spirited in general.  She has a lot of power with Meri because she's her only child, and she uses that power to hurt.  

If Mariah ever has children, I can definitely see her using them as pawns to get what she wants from Meri, or to hurt Meri, depending on how she's feeling that day.  She's just not a nice person.  As I've said before, she is the worst of Meri and the worst of Kootie all in one nasty package.

Sadly I have to agree!  She's ugly inside.  Meri is more ugly on the outside!  Being in a room with either of them would be trying!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't agree with Meri's continued attempts, but it's clear that she is trying desperately to get her daughter to have some empathy for what she went through, and she won't let up on it even past the point of needing to realize it isn't going to work.  I feel sorry for her in a way.  It's annoying and even a bit pathetic, but understandable.  It's not the way that would get through to her, either.  I don't know if anything would work even if she could do better.  Mariah is some nasty piece of work.  Meri is a lot of things but she is never anywhere near as nasty and wittholding/unforgiving as her daughter.

The way Mariah acts, you'd think Meri did something to personally insult and abuse her.  AFAIK, Meri acted out of personal failings in her own life and dragged her daughter into those failings to some degree, but there was no malice in it.  Poor judgment, perhaps, but no intention to harm her.  That's why I don't understand the extent to which Mariah is acting betrayed and unable to forgive her.  Even if I thought my mother was an asshole in her own life, unless in the process she did something that really damaged me in some irresponsible way, like if she drank and I got injured in a car accident she caused while driving drunk, or if she made me the scapegoat of her frustrations by beating or verbally abusing me, I don't think I would be anywhere near as upset with her.  Mariah is acting like her mother's failings are a personal affront to her and she's copping an air of moral superiority and being overly judgmental in an "I told you so" way. 

I just wonder how Mariah would have acted if the shoe were on the other foot and things went south in her life.  She probably would have expected her mother put her own feelings aside to support her no matter what an asshole she was.  And I personally don't think Meri would not have given that to her no matter how she disagreed with her.  Meri has supported her even when it was probably hard to do so, like when she "came out".  Mariah is very fortunate to have a mother that would accept her regardless of her sexual orientation considering the religious background she comes from, but she doesn't appreciate that.  Mariah is a very selfish person that doesn't appreciate what she has.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Now now... don't be so rude!!  I heard from a reliable source... (cough) that she is growing out her armpit hairs to donate to Kody.  I'm not sure if they are going to transplant it on top of his shiny head (DNA similar and all that!) or if they are going to make a wig or what.  In fact I heard from the same source that Tony is already testing out one of Mariah's arm pit hair wigs and he even wore it when they went to check out the plots of land in Flagstaff!   Looking good, Tony!  You'd never know it was real arm pit hair...!

image.png.0573ad37650a2706ab5516b880210c48.png

Does anyone else find the irony in the fact that FT kept yelling out boobs at his wedding and NOW he has some nice size knockers on display?

(To be fair, he always had some hint of man boobs before but these are "I'm gonna have bigger ones than Mykelti because god forbid I let her out do me in anything" boobs

Edited by Kijod1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Mariah is very fortunate to have a mother that would accept her regardless of her sexual orientation

From what I recall, Meri made it all about Meri.

Shocking!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Mariah is very fortunate to have a mother that would accept her regardless of her sexual orientation considering the religious background she comes from, 

Oh yes Meri and her deep seated religious convictions that flew out the window as she reached for her banana to diddle with Sam.

Meri is a big fat fake who looks down her nose at other people's morals while she sluts around online.  🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From what I recall, Meri made it all about Meri.

Shocking!

Yeah, but to be fair I do think Meri was blindsided by the announcement and didn't have time to process things. I think Kody knew already (and therefore, Robyn too).  It's not the other wives' kid, so I think it was easier for them to accept.

Mariah didn't seem to give a crap how her mother took it, anyway.

I hate to seem as if I am a Meri fan--not at all. I guess I'm just less tolerant of Mariah because that is her mother--the one who, when the shit hits the fan in life (and oh, yes it will, smug Mariah)--will undoubtedly drop everything and come running to support her. 

• Love 8
On 3/14/2019 at 12:03 PM, Kyanight said:

Now now... don't be so rude!!  I heard from a reliable source... (cough) that she is growing out her armpit hairs to donate to Kody.  I'm not sure if they are going to transplant it on top of his shiny head (DNA similar and all that!) or if they are going to make a wig or what.  In fact I heard from the same source that Tony is already testing out one of Mariah's arm pit hair wigs and he even wore it when they went to check out the plots of land in Flagstaff!   Looking good, Tony!  You'd never know it was real arm pit hair...!

image.png.0573ad37650a2706ab5516b880210c48.png

He really is quite buxom

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I know Sludge and Pudge don’t live in Florida, but I’m hoping this catches on nationwide.  Thought I’d share with ya’ll

https://people.com/pets/florida-fake-emotional-support-animals/

Possible penalty for abuse of the system:  60 days in jail and $500 fine.  Meri would cough up the $500. but Pudge and Sludge would be coughing and hacking over jailhouse coffee and tea.  Probably no "avoc" toast either.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Sandy W said:

Possible penalty for abuse of the system:  60 days in jail and $500 fine.  Meri would cough up the $500. but Pudge and Sludge would be coughing and hacking over jailhouse coffee and tea.  Probably no "avoc" toast either.

This would just make my day, like Christmas all over again to see those two phony twats get what they deserve...white bread, beans from a can and some bologna... i would love it

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

Mariah isn’t the first pretentious snot I’ve seen in my life (or my family).  But they usually also go in big with beauty products - facial creams, massages, hair highlighting of the month. She’s Kurt Kobain minus any talent, looks, or awareness. Hell, he was 100 times prettier than her. 

That said, she doesn’t bug me that much. We all have greatest generation stories piggybacking with flat out bums. At least she’s not running around preaching what she probably learned in her fancy private Christian schools. I’m assuming she put herself there to try to overcome her inner liberal gay gal trying to come out in the family, I’m Utah. It could be much worse. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Adiba said:

Yeah, but to be fair I do think Meri was blindsided by the announcement and didn't have time to process things. I think Kody knew already (and therefore, Robyn too).  It's not the other wives' kid, so I think it was easier for them to accept.

Mariah didn't seem to give a crap how her mother took it, anyway.

I hate to seem as if I am a Meri fan--not at all. I guess I'm just less tolerant of Mariah because that is her mother--the one who, when the shit hits the fan in life (and oh, yes it will, smug Mariah)--will undoubtedly drop everything and come running to support her. 

See that's the point!  There is a time for everything!  Meri made a huge mistake and Mariah blew it up and over and over!

Healthy people know all about seasons.  A time to be mad and a time to forgive!  Unfortunately Mariah doesn't understand forgiveness.  She'll take Meri 's infidelity to the grave with her!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

See that's the point!  There is a time for everything!  Meri made a huge mistake and Mariah blew it up and over and over!

Healthy people know all about seasons.  A time to be mad and a time to forgive!  Unfortunately Mariah doesn't understand forgiveness.  She'll take Meri 's infidelity to the grave with her!

I agree.  Where did Mariah get the attitude of acting like the parent to her own mother?  That's the way she acts with her!  I think she might have had her mind "poisoned" to her mother by the other wives or even Kody.  When the catfish affair came out to the family Mariah may have bitched about it with the others and felt encouraged by them to lose respect for her and act all self-righteous and offended.   Too many "parents" all playing sides and engaging in power struggles with each other.  It's like Mariah may have been used as the pawn to get out their negative emotions about Meri, and it turned Mariah against her.  This may be a side effect of "plyg" life that I think the rest of the world is happily spared.

• Love 5

Is it possible that Mariah's both? I can't stand her. She's a horrible, pretention little snot, who treats her mother and really everyone like crap. I can't stand her social media posts and never ending pictures about herself and Audrey acting like every think she does and says is some new revelation and so adorable. I try to remind myself its not that uncommon for her age. But still can't stand her. So much of her reminds me of Kody and Meri, given their horrible traits that Mariah seems to have inherit.

Meri in particular I think is getting a lot of what she reaped. She spoiled and manipulated Mariah constantly filling her head with crap, over sharing and I doubt she was above using Mariah while they were growing up. She got her all worked up about not getting the house when they moved to LV without telling Mariah it was her fault she was late with the paperwork and getting her hopes up about a baby. 

On the other hand I don't think she has to forgive her mother for the affair or that they've really worked out how Mariah feels about it. Mariah at some point figured out her mother was cheating on her father, she took Mariah to Disneyland to meet Sam, and later was planning to walk out on the entire family and run off with Sam. The only reason she didn't was because he never existed. That's a lot for kid/teenager to deal with. And she even warned Meri that Sam wasn't real. Meri didn't listen and it all blew up. I know kids and teens who's parent cheated on their father or mother and left. It was really hard for the kids. For some it took a long time for them to ever get over or past it, some managed too and others never did. I don't think Meri has ever realized or dealt with how Mariah felt about the whole. She just immediately switched to 'I'm a victim' and 'you have to forgive me'. She wanted it right away, over night, without having to deal with any of it. That's not going to get anyone to forgive her and let it go let alone Mariah. If she accepted responsibility (yeah right) and talked to her, and listened to her feelings (which I doubt) and then gave her time then maybe. The kids I know that eventually did let it go and moved on it still took them a long time to get there. But Meri wanted it immediately, she's also not helping things by keeping bringing it up and making Mariah meet other victims then talk and giggle over the whole catfishing. If you really want to get your daughter over your cheating, maybe you shouldn't do any of that.

Why she loves her dad and let's him off the hook I don't know. He's done enough asshole things that you'd think Mariah would notice and hate him. 

• Love 14

Pudge is supposedly pursuing a life in social work.  She treats her mother like crap and is apparently never going to forgive her.  Not that Meri doesn't deserve the censure.

BUT is this how she's going to treat her clients?  Is she going to listen and balance her opinions and hear both sides of the story?  Or declare one a bad guy and one a good guy and totally screw up any hope of helping?

Surely by now she's had a course that teaches her to be non-judgmental.  Surely by now she's had a course that teaches her to look behind the scenes for reasons.  Surely by now she's absorbed some of the course work and can apply some of it to her family.

But since the world revolves around PudgeSludge, I guess not. I cannot see her being successful in her career from what we've seen of her behavior.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Pudge is supposedly pursuing a life in social work.  She treats her mother like crap and is apparently never going to forgive her.  Not that Meri doesn't deserve the censure.

BUT is this how she's going to treat her clients?  Is she going to listen and balance her opinions and hear both sides of the story?  Or declare one a bad guy and one a good guy and totally screw up any hope of helping?

Surely by now she's had a course that teaches her to be non-judgmental.  Surely by now she's had a course that teaches her to look behind the scenes for reasons.  Surely by now she's absorbed some of the course work and can apply some of it to her family.

But since the world revolves around PudgeSludge, I guess not. I cannot see her being successful in her career from what we've seen of her behavior.

I don't either. I really can't see her being able to balance or shelf her opinions to listen to her clients and their problems. Helping them with their problems. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

You can be a social worker and never see a client.  That's how my career went.  There are a lot of careers/jobs that are not clinical.  I am not supporting Mariah, because I think she is a twit, but, if she is going into some other part of social work, she won't have to subject any clients to her selfish ways.  I know she will have coworkers, but, they will be in a position to take her down a peg or two.  As will her supervisors and bosses.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

You can be a social worker and never see a client.  That's how my career went.  There are a lot of careers/jobs that are not clinical.  I am not supporting Mariah, because I think she is a twit, but, if she is going into some other part of social work, she won't have to subject any clients to her selfish ways.  I know she will have coworkers, but, they will be in a position to take her down a peg or two.  As will her supervisors and bosses.

If you don't mind answering. What are some of the social worker careers/jobs that don't require dealing with clients?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I think Mariah envisions a career for herself in the Non-Profit/Social Innovation sector where she can advocate for all the injustices she perceives in society.  We can expect to see her placard waving/marching self, championing the causes of Equality for Womxn and rights for LGBTQetc.  She's a little late to the table for that, at best, she would be marching in the footprints of braver, more intelligent and less self-serving individuals than herself.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

If you don't mind answering. What are some of the social worker careers/jobs that don't require dealing with clients?  

Just some - my first year was clinical and I knew it wasn’t for me. So switched to research. Most of my jobs were in program administration and policy development and dissemination. At the end of my career I ended up working in the social work school I graduated from in the Office of Social service Research and Design. Never saw a “client” in my entire career. There are many other similar jobs that hire macro level social workers in agencies that write grants, manage programs, push for social reform etc. Many different career paths other than therapy/counseling. Maybe there are other social workers on here who can add to the discussion. If Mariah is such an annoyance her career won’t go far because either she will not get hired, get promoted or get fired soon enough.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 3

Ohhhhh....the “avo” she refers to means avocado. Took me awhile, I actually wondered if it was some trendy new grain type thing  😜

I am just not woke enough to keep up with her trendy insta-speak. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 3/10/2019 at 10:41 AM, smarty2020 said:

There is no need based government financial aid for grad school.  You can however get merit based aid from the university and student loans to cover the full cost of tuition and living expenses.  The degree Mariah is getting is 75 credits at a cost ranging from $788 to $1007 per credit, meaning it will add up to around $70,000!! And that doesn't count the living expenses they have for 2.5 years either.  Typically merit aid is given in the form of teaching assistant jobs and we've seen no indication that Mariah does anything of that sort.

I'm sure the Brown Family LLC slips them money somehow, to pay them back for their engagement announcement or their women's rally footage.  Maybe that is enough to cover the $70,000 tuition?

Another brilliant decision by a member of the Brown family. $70,000 student loans for an MSW. Okay. I am retired from social work. You don't make a lot of money as a social worker.  Do either Mariah or her fiancee have a job? Are they borrowing money for living expenses? I thought I heard Mariah say there were cheap apartments in Chicago. Where are these cheap apartments?? My daughter has lived in Chicago for past 3 years. She lives in a safe residential area near the lake in a very very old building. Her first year she lived in one room and then graduated to a one bedroom apartment. Her small refrigerator is in the living room. Kitchen has no  counter space. I mean none.  No AC and it gets HOT in Chicago in the summer. Believe me the rent is not cheap. Do the young adults in this family even think beyond what they want today?  Mekyti just quit her job with a bank according to her Instagram post for opportunities to obtain wealth. Wait for it, selling LULaRoe. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Meri in particular I think is getting a lot of what she reaped. She spoiled and manipulated Mariah constantly filling her head with crap, over sharing and I doubt she was above using Mariah while they were growing up. She got her all worked up about not getting the house when they moved to LV without telling Mariah it was her fault she was late with the paperwork and getting her hopes up about a baby. 

I think the mistake Meri made is by acting like the child to her own child and making Mariah into her "parent figure".  By over-sharing and confiding in her daughter like a "friend" she made it easy for Mariah not to have respect for her, especially if she showed a lack of confidence and judgment and looked to her daughter for advice.  I wonder just how much that goes on today between parents and their children and how it has contributed to the superior attitude of some of the present generation.

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I think that in Mariah's immature mind she sees the people she would be helping as victims that are therefore on a higher level than her mother morally speaking, and because of that they deserve her lack of judgment.  Mariah sees herself as the victim of her mother.  She is so self-centered that she can't possibly see the way her own mother has been victimized in a culture that has screwed her head up about her own self-worth to the point of being highly dysfunctional.  Perhaps when she gets older she will mature to see that and be able to forgive her mother, but knowing how immature she is now, I kind of doubt that.  And IMO that doesn't bode well for her success in a helping profession.  She will only want to help those people she thinks are truly worthy of her help.  If any of them trigger any of her biased views on what makes people good or bad, she will be very judgmental of them and not be able to see them as victims that deserve her help.  Plus, someone that judgmental won't have much patience with anyone.  They should just listen to her because she is their savior, don't you know?  Her lack of empathy will get in the way of helping even those she thinks deserve help.

I have a MS in Counseling Psychology, so my opinions are coming from that perspective.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think the mistake Meri made is by acting like the child to her own child and making Mariah into her "parent figure".  By over-sharing and confiding in her daughter like a "friend" she made it easy for Mariah not to have respect for her, especially if she showed a lack of confidence and judgment and looked to her daughter for advice.  I wonder just how much that goes on today between parents and their children and how it has contributed to the superior attitude of some of the present generation.

I think that in Mariah's immature mind she sees the people she would be helping as victims that are therefore on a higher level than her mother morally speaking, and because of that they deserve her lack of judgment.  Mariah sees herself as the victim of her mother.  She is so self-centered that she can't possibly see the way her own mother has been victimized in a culture that has screwed her head up about her own self-worth to the point of being highly dysfunctional.  Perhaps when she gets older she will mature to see that and be able to forgive her mother, but knowing how immature she is now, I kind of doubt that.  And IMO that doesn't bode well for her success in a helping profession.  She will only want to help those people she thinks are truly worthy of her help.  If any of them trigger any of her biased views on what makes people good or bad, she will be very judgmental of them and not be able to see them as victims that deserve her help.  Plus, someone that judgmental won't have much patience with anyone.  They should just listen to her because she is their savior, don't you know?  Her lack of empathy will get in the way of helping even those she thinks deserve help.

I have a MS in Counseling Psychology, so my opinions are coming from that perspective.

Yup. She has high potential to wash out before graduation and no promise of a lucrative career. Someone has to hire her in the first place. Then she has to perform. A lot remains to be seen. She may yet get a LulaNo calling. Wait - does she already sell it on the side? 

• Love 7

Perhaps the "sticking point" between Meri and Mariah is that Meri doesn't seem to have EVER admitted that she was a willing participant in the "affair" with "Sam."  She may have been enticed and catfished, but she chose to go along with it, in the belief that a young, handsome, rich bachelor was totally in love with her and wanted to take her away from the messy "marriage" with Kody, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn.

Maybe if Meri said, "I was wrong.  No matter what else I was dealing with, I was emotionally unfaithful to the entire family, and would have walked away if 'Sam' had been real."  But she continues to fall back on the victim excuse, taking no accountability for her own choices.

It's hard to forgive someone if that person continues to insist that what they need to be forgiven for is not what they really need to be forgiven for.  Meri doesn't need to be forgiven because she was catfished.  She needs to admit and be forgiven for the fact that she went from target to willing participant in the whole mess.  

• Love 17

She is a selfish dolt. It is very me me me with her. Sure, she was fine with the whole Sam thing, going along for the ride because she thought they were going to Disneyland. This whole debacle with the ESA on the flights just chaps me; I can't imagine seeing her being one on one with clients with her self righteous attitude while slurping down some macha 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Yup. She has high potential to wash out before graduation and no promise of a lucrative career. Someone has to hire her in the first place. Then she has to perform. A lot remains to be seen. She may yet get a LulaNo calling. Wait - does she already sell it on the side? 

Yep, I don't think Mariah knows what she's getting into with Social Work.  It would require her to be more self sacrificing than she is.  I still think she's latched onto this with a youthful idealism that will wear off in time.  It's all very different in the abstract.    Either that or she is just trying to show the world how virtuous she is, LOL.  I wanted to help people as a counselor, but found myself too emotionally involved and empathic to be able to handle it.  I couldn't keep a professional distance emotionally with people that had very severe issues.  Mariah will probably be at the opposite end of the spectrum and won't be able to establish enough of an emotional connection.

25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe if Meri said, "I was wrong.  No matter what else I was dealing with, I was emotionally unfaithful to the entire family, and would have walked away if 'Sam' had been real."  But she continues to fall back on the victim excuse, taking no accountability for her own choices.

It's hard to forgive someone if that person continues to insist that what they need to be forgiven for is not what they really need to be forgiven for.  Meri doesn't need to be forgiven because she was catfished.  She needs to admit and be forgiven for the fact that she went from target to willing participant in the whole mess.  

I've considered that but I don't even think Meri taking responsibility and/or apologizing would have ever made any difference to Mariah.  That's how judgmental I think she is.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Perhaps the "sticking point" between Meri and Mariah is that Meri doesn't seem to have EVER admitted that she was a willing participant in the "affair" with "Sam."  She may have been enticed and catfished, but she chose to go along with it, in the belief that a young, handsome, rich bachelor was totally in love with her and wanted to take her away from the messy "marriage" with Kody, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn.

Yes, you have a point there about forgiving someone for what actually happened vs. what they say happened.

However, this is my opinion/speculation only—I truly believe that in private Meri has apologized for dragging Mariah into the mess and for the emotional affair.  Meri’s story on TV is for pr purposes only, imo.

Where I differ is the notion that Meri betrayed the whole family. The marriage between her and Kody is separate from the other wives’ according to their beliefs. The wives are not married to each other and have not made any promises/covenants to each other. The marriage ceremonies do not include the sister wives in them spiritually.

Yes, Kody wants the wives to get along and “love” each other— but that is not included or required in their marriage contract, as far as I know.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I think Mariah envisions a career for herself in the Non-Profit/Social Innovation sector where she can advocate for all the injustices she perceives in society.  We can expect to see her placard waving/marching self, championing the causes of Equality for Womxn and rights for LGBTQetc.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised and that's all well and good.  But to be effective she'll need to be willing to use the skills she is supposedly learning right now to deal with dissenters. I can't see that happening.  She's so utterly self-absorbed and righteous about her opinions I think she'll be totally useless in effecting any kind of change in societal opinions.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yep, I don't think Mariah knows what she's getting into with Social Work.  It would require her to be more self sacrificing than she is.  I still think she's latched onto this with a youthful idealism that will wear off in time.  It's all very different in the abstract.    Either that or she is just trying to show the world how virtuous she is, LOL.  I wanted to help people as a counselor, but found myself too emotionally involved and empathic to be able to handle it.  I couldn't keep a professional distance emotionally with people that had very severe issues.  Mariah will probably be at the opposite end of the spectrum and won't be able to establish enough of an emotional connection.

I've considered that but I don't even think Meri taking responsibility and/or apologizing would have ever made any difference to Mariah.  That's how judgmental I think she is.

Indeed.  I went to social work school following my divorce, and counseling and thought, well I want to do this.  First semester counseling class, I knew, Not For Me.  So switched over with no regrets.  But I was already mid 30s.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, lma said:

But what if Sam had been real, Meri slept with him, then slept with Kody, and he with the others. What if Sam was hiding an STD. Sorry to go there but this is why I believe they are indeed married to each other, even if they don’t think they are. Her actions affect them all and vice versa. I would not trust her either, but it’s only right at some point to show grace and forgive. When that some point is depends on them.

Either forgive unconditionally and never mention it again or for Meri to have the courage to say, "enough already, I can't live in limbo land the rest of my days.  I'll be around as a friend of the family for special events, but I'm moving on while there is still the possibility of Finding My Why".

• Love 12
22 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I know Sludge and Pudge don’t live in Florida, but I’m hoping this catches on nationwide.  Thought I’d share with ya’ll

https://people.com/pets/florida-fake-emotional-support-animals/

One of the grocery store chains in my area has posted these signs .. I was thrilled!!!

A couple of days later I was in Walgreen's and this woman was waiting at the pharmacy with TWO DOGS - a small one she held in her arms, and rested on the counter, and then a big one that was sniffing everything.  She wasn't even trying to pretend they were a service animal or support animal or anything... just her pets! 

And no one batted an eye.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Adiba said:

Where I differ is the notion that Meri betrayed the whole family. The marriage between her and Kody is separate from the other wives’ according to their beliefs. The wives are not married to each other and have not made any promises/covenants to each other. The marriage ceremonies do not include the sister wives in them spiritually.

They all refer to their lifestyle as "plural marriage."

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I still think she's latched onto this with a youthful idealism that will wear off in time.  It's all very different in the abstract.  Either that or she is just trying to show the world how virtuous she is, LOL. 

I recently found out that there's a name for it now. It's called Virtue Signaling. Humble bragging and virtue signaling - hoo boy, we can thank social media for both of these behaviors being modeled for and taught to the next generation.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yes, but if one reads about the AUB, they do not make fidelity promises to the other wives. The “plural” only applies to the man having more than one wife. Now, the Browns may not be AUB anymore? They seem to cherrypick what they believe in, so maybe you are right and the do consider themselves all married to each other?

Not saying Meri was right to go outside of her marriage in the emotional affair— but I sincerely do not think the other wives felt that Meri was unfaithful to them, really. If anything, Robyn’s position as HBIC was solidified and Christine moved up a notch in the wives hierarchy. Janelle? Who knows, she’s a bit of an enigma. She was likely glad Meri was knocked down off of her high horse.

At any rate, this thread is about Mariah, so my comments are directed at her as Meri’s only child. Mariah just irritates me with her smugness and the way she treats her mother. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I thought all the wives wear the cladaugh rings as the symbol of marriage to each other?... Meri, Janelle and Christine went shopping together and chose Robyn's ring.

They chose the cheapest one they could find.  😂 

And as far as the Meri and Mariah thing I agree with you... How do you forgive someone for something they refuse to admit doing?..... Even Christy admitted what SHE did, she was separated from her husband, lonely, looking for love and struck up a relationship with Sam.

Meri acts like she wasn't doing anything and this person broke into her virtual house and victimized her somehow without her having anything to do with it.... I've yet to hear Meri admit to her part in the whole thing or how inappropriate her actions were... She's still riding around on her moral high horse looking down her nose at people.

Meri goes around with sleeves over sleeves and hemlines to the floor because she's soooooo modest and such a godly woman... And even after all that we know she continues to go around all bundled up and acting morally superior.  🙄

I can't stand Mariah but it must have been terribly embarrassing for her when the whole catfish situation was exposed for the public to see and hear, all the pictures of her mom with bananas and the sex talk etc. ... When I was a teenager my best friends mother got caught having an affair with a man who lived down the street, the entire neighborhood was buzzing with gossip and she found it very difficult to continue at school or even go to the corner store because people would whisper, her mother was labeled a slut and the gory details continued to trickle out until my friend considered suicide, her father finally took her and moved away because she couldn't function. I'm still friends with her and have stayed in touch..and even though it happened 25+ years ago it still hurts and when the Meri thing happened (she watches sister wives) She said how it brought back all those embarrassing memories and how hard it was to try and live through it.

Mariah learned how to be a stubborn, judgemental hypocrite from her mother (and father)... Meri is reaping what she sowed.

• Love 15