Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

Especially the last one.  They are scammers and grifters, and why wouldn't they be?  They learned from their "poor persecuted polygamist parents."  Mariah has sure shown her girlfriend the ropes on how to get whatever she wants, too.  Piss up a rope, why don't you both.  Spoiled little bitches.

• Love 10

Who gives a shit Audrey.

The reason I was blocked on her Twitter was, she posted something, that I can’t recall, and I said that acceptance or tolerance, I can’t recall,  is a two way street. Blocked.

I think I need a memory evaluation.

• Love 13

This is just a feeling I have, and I could be way off base, but I suspect dear "Audge" has ulterior motives for choosing Mariah as her GF...the more crappy behavior I see from her, the more I think she picked Mariah for the TLC $$$'s and the "fame".

If I am wrong, I will gladly eat crow. But I'm getting a "Fat Tony" vibe from her. I think Logan & Maddie have found people that truly want to be with them for who they are, but Mariah and Mykelti have found people who want to be with them for "what can you do for me" type reasons.

Audrey & Mariah are the Entitlement Twins, take two. It's just so similar to FT and Mykelti.

• Love 22

Seriously?  She conveniently developed a "mental illness" at the exact time she needed to fly to Flagstaff and wouldn't pony up for pet care?  And even more coincidentally, Princess developed the exact same mental illness at exactly the same time?  Give me a fucking break.  If she's looking for hate, she's built herself into the perfect candidate.

I'm just glad that people posted about that whole travesty.  I just hope Princess has a faculty member that catches wind of her using this crap for a free doggie ride.

• Love 18

Do smug self importance, egotism, and narcissism combine to make a mental illness?  If so, then clearly both Mariah and Audrey qualify for emotional support dogs.  In fact, they could each have two ES dogs and it might not be enough with the severity of their illnesses.  

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Do smug self importance, egotism, and narcissism combine to make a mental illness?  If so, then clearly both Mariah and Audrey qualify for emotional support dogs.  In fact, they could each have two ES dogs and it might not be enough with the severity of their illnesses. 

LOL, awesome post. A couple of emotional support Clydesdales wouldn't be enough!

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

This is just a feeling I have, and I could be way off base, but I suspect dear "Audge" has ulterior motives for choosing Mariah as her GF...the more crappy behavior I see from her, the more I think she picked Mariah for the TLC $$$'s and the "fame".

If I am wrong, I will gladly eat crow. But I'm getting a "Fat Tony" vibe from her. I think Logan & Maddie have found people that truly want to be with them for who they are, but Mariah and Mykelti have found people who want to be with them for "what can you do for me" type reasons.

Audrey & Mariah are the Entitlement Twins, take two. It's just so similar to FT and Mykelti.

I think you're on to something there.  It's a lot like the Duggars.  Their TeeVee fame, and that of the Browns, seems to attract these needy attention whore types.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Seriously?  She conveniently developed a "mental illness" at the exact time she needed to fly to Flagstaff and wouldn't pony up for pet care?  And even more coincidentally, Princess developed the exact same mental illness at exactly the same time?  Give me a fucking break.  If she's looking for hate, she's built herself into the perfect candidate.

I'm just glad that people posted about that whole travesty.  I just hope Princess has a faculty member that catches wind of her using this crap for a free doggie ride.

Again, she's found another way to insult people.  

Of all the photos of her dog and of all the hashtags, never once has there been a hashtag in regards to it being an ESA. Those two hashtag everything, they wouldn't leave that out. You know if that dog were an ESA she'd have at least mentioned it, maybe even bragged about it. There's no prior indication that the dog is anything but a beloved pet, which is fine, but don't all of a sudden develop an affliction because you can't get your dog on for free. 

So the snowflake has retreated and placed herself inside the protection of a snow globe as she cannot face the heat from the public. THAT is being a sissy.

Edited by TurtlePower
auto-incorrect
  • Love 19

Most airlines and even my local public transit require you to carry and show official certificates or paperwork when asked for SAs & ESAs due to fraudulent vests, etc. Southwest probably had the audacity to ask to see theirs.  There are also Federal aviation laws limiting how many animals can ride in each section of the plane - for the safety of all passengers in case of emergency.  You have to book the animal when you book your own ticket even if you are not required to pay the fee, so they know where/if the next person w/animal can be seated on the same plane. Considering how much time they spend on social media, it is hard to believe they missed stories about people who were not allowed to travel with their fake "ESA"s including a possum and peacock.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Again, she's found another way to insult people.  

Of all the photos of her dog and of all the hashtags, never once has there been a hashtag in regards to it being an ESA. Those two hashtag everything, they wouldn't leave that out. You know if that dog were an ESA she'd have at least mentioned it, maybe even bragged about it. There's no prior indication that the dog is anything but a beloved pet, which is fine, but don't all of a sudden develop an affliction because you can't get your dog on for free. 

So the snowflake has retreated and placed herself inside the protection of a snow globe as she cannot face the heat from the public. THAT is being a sissy.

They must be hiding behind Meri's WALL so that they are SAFE. 

Excuse me while I wipe the tear from eye and check for eye boogers.  The abuse of the extra special snowflakes is too much for me to handle. IT'S. JUST. NOT. FAIR!!😢😢

ETA:  I meant not fair.  Very different from fair.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 9
On 11/21/2018 at 2:55 PM, ChristmasJones said:

What is even crappier about them doing that (if they did), is that you can pay, I believe $125, to travel with your pet in the cabin. But if its an ESA, then the fee is waived. At least that is my understanding. So, if they did it, then screw them for being cheapskates and liars!!!!

No offense intended, but in my personal opinion, if someone is functional enough to be in graduate school for a helping profession (meaning you need to interact skillfully with people in distress), then you should not need an ESA. Maybe your pet helps you feel good and calm when you're at home, but if you can't travel without it, then I would be concerned about your ability to work effectively in your profession. 

This is a woman who proudly displays her life of going out to coffee and yoga all the time.. and yet she is too emotionally fragile to fly home without her dog? Ugh. Just no. I hate liars and scammers almost more than anything else so this issue always bothers me. I hate when I see people dragging their dogs around grocery stores.

#entitledscammerjustlikemyparents

I have to say that I would be one who would pay the $125 (or whatever it is) to fly with my cat if they had to travel somewhere.  While I am sure I would be calmer flying with an animal, it isn't needed in my life.  These two lumps could certainly afford to pay the extra money.  How about not buying avo toast for a week?  Or not paying over $5K to buy ugly out of fashion leggings?

• Love 9

My therapy dog required hours and hours of training, a very difficult test, and then registration with Therapy Dogs International which provided insurance for possible injuries to both the dog and any clients.  The test was really, really difficult (over 90% of the dogs fail) and the dogs have to hold a Canine Good Citizen certification before even beginning TD training.  

The whole ESA thing needs the same kind of certification, in my opinion.  We all love our animals but they really need to behave before they should be allowed out in public.

• Love 21

We actually saw a lady with a doxie in a vest in a stroller get turned away from Costco a couple of weeks ago.  She looked at her husband and said, "Well, that's the first time I've been denied entrance anywhere."  

I agree with @Kohola3.  Not just the ESA on planes - EVERYWHERE - needs to have a genuine APPROVED certification, not just something from an online certificate mill.

(OT:  We have a woman in our mobile home community who has created a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to collect monetary donations for veterans.  She recently spoke (and shilled for donations) at the community's Veterans Day luncheon.  Everyone calls her "Dr. _________."  I looked her up online, and her own resume lists her educational background.  For just $249, I can become "Dr. AZC" from the same university.  A PhD in whatever field I wish, just based on my life experiences . . . as soon as the credit card payment has cleared.)

• Love 12
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

A PhD in whatever field I wish, just based on my life experiences . . . as soon as the credit card payment has cleared.)

Don't let the Browns catch on to this.  They'll be starting their own university.

2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We actually saw a lady with a doxie in a vest in a stroller get turned away from Costco a couple of weeks ago

Pushing some weenie dog in a baby stroller is supposed to provide "emotional support"?  Beyond ridiculous. I am glad they turned her away - be she was threatening "never to shop here again" all the way to the parking lot.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Pushing some weenie dog in a baby stroller is supposed to provide "emotional support"? 

About a year ago, my husband and I were in line behind a woman with a little Yorkie sitting on a pillow still in its package from the store in the cart. When the cashier was done ringing up the items on the counter, she said, "Did you want the pillow?" and the woman says, "Oh, no, that was just for him to sit on"...My husband and I let out audible gasps and/or laughs - not sure which. But seriously - her dog sat on it and now it goes back out on the shelf. Granted it was in plastic, but still...

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Nysha said:

A student at my college paid $250 to an online site to get a service vest & certificate for her extremely rowdy untrained young dog and then brought her to college where she urinated on the classroom floors, ran up and down the hallways, and growled at other students. According to the Disability Department as long as she had the certificate on file, there wasn't anything we could do except require the dog to be on a leash and at the student's side at all times. And then the dog tried to bite a toddler who came to school with her mother and apparently what the Disability Department couldn't do, Security could.

While I've defended Mariah in the past, this is beyond defending. People who pull that crap make it difficult for the ones who truly need service animals to have them. 

I've cited people with "service dogs" that were aggressive--they also received a lecture that shamed them (which I reserved for those who truly had it coming). It is overwhelmingly abused. We were never allowed to ask or say anything about "service dogs" unless they behaved in a manner that led us to believe they were not legit, then we could act. Your "service dog" in the vest just bit me, asshole.

And the victims in all this? The poor dogs that are taken by animal control when they bite someone because they were given a "job" they were not qualified to do by a stupid, selfish d-bag human!

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Speaking of eyebrows, go to Instagram and search for #christmastreeeyebrows. Can’t wait for Mariah and Audrey to get on this one. 

I looked.  Yeah, I could see the entitlement twins doing that.  Anything for attention.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Speaking of eyebrows, go to Instagram and search for #christmastreeeyebrows. Can’t wait for Mariah and Audrey to get on this one. 

Oh my.  I guess it was only a matter of time.  

• Love 4

It's not a surprise to me that it turns out that Audrey is self absorbed and selfish.

Who else could stand to be with Mariah, who is the exact same way, for any period of time.

They are a perfect match.

• Love 11

Guess what Mariah, Mosby is not obsessed with button ups...he or she is a DOG, and does not care one whit about your shirt.

I know because I look like shit most of the time and my dogs still love me. :-)

And I agree Kohola3Mosby does not look happy at all in this picture!

Could it be that due to the internet backlash, they'll now have to include the dogs in more of their Insta pics, in a pathetic attempt to make us believe they really do need their ESA's?

ETA: We need to come up with ESA really stands for when it comes to these two. Easily Screw Airlines? Entitled Selfish Ass?

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, suomi said:

I didn't use her hashtag in case she gets credit for it, but I scoped the Tradlands site and that shirt is $167

To me that is ridiculous. I'd have to be very in love with a shirt to spend $67, let alone $167! But I live in the real world where I pay my own bills, so...

• Love 14

Student loans go directly to the school. Grad students are classified as independent and parent financials no longer pertain so it's easier to get loans and grants. Grants are not repaid. There's probably some sleazy grifter deal that gives her  access to TLC money under the table or her mommy slips her money, or both.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 2

I know someone who bought furniture with a student loan. I do not know if they were federal student loans though. I never took out any student loans myself, so that's about all I know. (The person I know who used it for furniture and stuff, they said student loans, but I wouldn't swear they are a reliable source.)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures 

D0BA8CBC-679A-463C-BE78-CB4062879D50.jpeg

Did you all notice that #emotionalsupportdog is missing from the #?

6 hours ago, suomi said:

Student loans go directly to the school. Grad students are classified as independent and parent financials no longer pertain so it's easier to get loans and grants. Grants are not repaid. There's probably some sleazy grifter deal that gives her  access to TLC money under the table or her mommy slips her money, or both.

With I student loan I was able to receive money for childcare and other needs in adfition to books and tuition.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Could it be that due to the internet backlash, they'll now have to include the dogs in more of their Insta pics, in a pathetic attempt to make us believe they really do need their ESA's?

This x 1000000.

I have a visceral negative reaction whenever anyone uses the word "obsessed" in relation to some stupid material object.

Also, shut up, Mariah.  

• Love 13
8 hours ago, suomi said:

Student loans may cover living expenses so the students do get access to funds from them.  Many students are not careful and take out excessive loans for living expenses leaving them with even more debt than they would have needed.  I don't know how Mariah is funding her lifestyle or when she studies.  I would think a serious student working on her MSW would have at least hinted at some volunteer work by now or a few things not so egocentric.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

volunteer work...

Volunteer work?  The Browns?  These two terms are mutually exclusive. 

For supposedly "religious" people there has never been one single word about them doing anything to help anybody but themselves.

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Volunteer work?  The Browns?  These two terms are mutually exclusive. 

For supposedly "religious" people there has never been one single word about them doing anything to help anybody but themselves.

For the past few minutes since reading this comment, I have been wracking my brain to try to remember anything the Brown's have posted regarding any activity they have participated in for the good of the community.

The only things I have come up with have been marches, protests and speeches in defense of their own polygamist lifestyle.  Janelle and Meri participated in the LGBT march but had it not been for Meri trying to curry favor with Mariah, there is no way she would have been there.  To Janelle's credit, I think her motive in attending was to be supportive of the movement as a whole, rather than satisfying Mariah and Audge's needs/wants.

Come to think of it, Robyn did her small part when she went to battle for more sanitation in department stores public restroom facilities when they didn't meet her exacting standards.

With 18 kids passing through the public school system, has there been a time that they have been portrayed raising funds for better libraries, music or sports programs?

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, suomi said:

Well, you know, god helps those who help themselves ...

I'm sure that's how they see it.  There are all kinds of teachings in Mormon texts about service to other.  Must have skipped over those when making up their own "tennents" as one of them put it.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

For the past few minutes since reading this comment, I have been wracking my brain to try to remember anything the Brown's have posted regarding any activity they have participated in for the good of the community.

The only things I have come up with have been marches, protests and speeches in defense of their own polygamist lifestyle.  Janelle and Meri participated in the LGBT march but had it not been for Meri trying to curry favor with Mariah, there is no way she would have been there.  To Janelle's credit, I think her motive in attending was to be supportive of the movement as a whole, rather than satisfying Mariah and Audge's needs/wants.

Come to think of it, Robyn did her small part when she went to battle for more sanitation in department stores public restroom facilities when they didn't meet her exacting standards.

With 18 kids passing through the public school system, has there been a time that they have been portrayed raising funds for better libraries, music or sports programs?

Going back I remember Aspyn doing some charity project every year with her sorority sisters.  I think Janelle did that 5K for something, don't really remember what it was.  One of the kids did something with knitted caps for cancer.  I would imagine all the older kids have been engaged through school with community work, as it is a requirement in some states.  Ranging from 30-100 for your entire high school time.  Our state requires 35, but our local district requires an additional 10 that doesn't count for state requirements.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

Many students are not careful and take out excessive loans for living expenses leaving them with even more debt than they would have needed.

My brother is always talking about one of his co-workers who is terrible with money, and he's told me several times that this guy (who I went to high school with) is still trying pay off his student loans in his 40's. He always says "How EMBARRASSING!" about it. 

I told him I'd read on this board that someone posted that they knew a person whose student loan payments are being withheld from their Social Security check. He nearly fell over! :-)

The thing that we can't understand though, is we know this family...small town, this guy's dad was high up in the military above my brother, and has given my brother some great financial advice over the years...so we're just kind of confused...how can this guy be so careless with money when his dad is so smart about it? His parents were a great example to learn from, yet he's constantly trying to get loans to buy more crap, even trying to figure out ways to borrow against the retirement plan where they work...it boggles the mind.

Now Mariah...that's a whole different kettle of fish. Look what her examples are for how to deal with money issues. Kody and Meri....good Lord. I'm sure she learned nothing but bad things!

It was SO telling when Mariah was first getting ready to go to college, and Kody was so against student loans...because he knows that's a type of loan you can't get rid of by declaring bankruptcy!!!!

That's the extent of financial planning Mariah learned from her parents...spend spend spend, declare bankruptcy, rinse and repeat. I imagine she'll be shocked and furious when she finds out she'll actually have to PAY BACK her student loans. Why should super special snowflake Mariah have to pay those back? The world OWES her an education, and anything else she wants!

16 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I would imagine all the older kids have been engaged through school with community work, as it is a requirement in some states.  Ranging from 30-100 for your entire high school time.  Our state requires 35, but our local district requires an additional 10 that doesn't count for state requirements.

That is so cool! I never knew that. Well, let's hope the kids are learning it at school then, because most of them aren't going to learn it from their parents.

The mental imagine of Kody doing something selfless to help another human being is laughable.

• Love 6

I know people make money from social media by mentioning products in their posts ... but I don't know how this income is reported on tax forms. The fact that she mentioned that shirt brand- that is exactly how it works. So I think its quite fair to assume she is making some income via social media posts. All the more reason not to click on any of them. 

A quick google search of "instagram income taxes" pulled this up:

In the United States, whether you’re an influencer on a blog, Twitter, Instagram or multiple social media, you pay taxes on the income you receive. You also pay taxes on the merchandise and sponsorships you receive. So while it may appear that these influencers are getting lots of “free” stuff or income, by the time we deduct our expenses (photo software, web hosting, staff time, etc) and then also figure a percentage of taxes, that “free” merchandise can often end up costing us money. Most experienced influencers learn to evaluate opportunities to determine if the value is worth the expense.

While it is a new form of job, being an influencer is a form of employment and you pay taxes just like everyone else.

https://www.quora.com/Do-Instagram-influences-pay-taxes

And here is Tax Tips for Bloggers from Intuit:

Blogging is a relatively new profession, but it's covered by the same tax laws that apply to many other occupations. The main danger from a tax perspective is that, as a self-employed blogger, your taxes won't be automatically withheld from your earnings, as is typical with traditional employees. Additionally, you'll owe self-employment taxes that most employees don't pay. However, you may be able to take advantage of certain deductions to reduce your tax bill.

more here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/self-employment-taxes/tax-tips-for-bloggers/L8hqquuc9

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Ok, last post - here is an article at NerdWallet profiling three people who make money from Instagram - it goes into a fair bit of detail how they do it.  This must be the source of some (all?) of Mariah's income.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/make-money-instagram-influencers/

Thanks for the interesting articles! 

From this last one:  "If you accept every offer that comes your way, you can end up looking inauthentic to your followers." Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner, Mariah! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Going back I remember Aspyn doing some charity project every year with her sorority sisters.  I think Janelle did that 5K for something, don't really remember what it was.  One of the kids did something with knitted caps for cancer.  I would imagine all the older kids have been engaged through school with community work, as it is a requirement in some states.  Ranging from 30-100 for your entire high school time.  Our state requires 35, but our local district requires an additional 10 that doesn't count for state requirements.

That is what sororities do (as well as frats).  They call their parties "philanthropic fundraisers' while nearly drinking themselves to death.  Want to raise money for whatever?  Have a dodgeball tournament at 9am and nearly everyone is drunk off their ass (and have a few arrested).  Have a fundraiser at nearby sandwich shop while drinking copious amounts of pitchers.  Have a date party to raise money for whathaveyou, get wasted before attending.  After spending over 25 years working around these students for most its less about the charity and more about getting all the houses together and drinking a ton while making themselves look better by donating some funds.  I LOATHE working with Greeks.  Not the cultural Greeks or the coed professional Greeks, but the social Greeks.  If you are a person of color or LGBTQ, they are not a safe space.  I can tell you stories that will curl your hair.  I have stopped allowing certain events in my building because of how awful/disrespectful they act.  I had a date party with one house in my building when I 1st started this job.  The *DJ* said it was the grossest event he has ever worked.  That is saying something.  Not saying this is what Aspyn did but I am sure she saw a lot of this.  I LOVE working with the cultural and professional houses.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I've never heard that they've done anything that would be considered unselfish.  

Lord knows Queen for a Dork Robyn needs the potties freshly scrubbed before she lowers her posterior on them!

2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

The kids must have picked up anything charity related from adults that aren't their parents.  Now that you mention Janelle's race, I sort of remember that, with J being happy she fit into the t-shirt that was provided.  You have a better memory than I do.

• Love 2