Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Thank You

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I just wasn't expecting it.  I should have been, I know that's what this show does but I just wasn't thinking that it would be time to get rid of Glenn.  And to have it be, at least in part, the result of being paired up with Nicholas, his rehab project.   Nicholas, weak and unreliable to the end.  Another example of how Rick (and Carol) have it right, mostly, there's just not a lot of room for sentiment in the ZA world.

I have no idea why Daryl was driving up and down the road.   It seemed pointless.  And poor Rick, now he's going to sit there in the stalled out RV worrying about Judith.   

• Love 6

Lucky for Maggie she has a super short grieving process- she'll forget who Glen was in a couple episodes.

My first thought was that weird scene with Tara, with Maggie telling her that she was one of the most important people in her life or whatever. Would they go there? Also, chances that she's pregnant are higher now.

Poor Glenn. :( I guess the moral of the story is that you have to be ruthless. If Glenn had given no shits about Nicholas and his redemption bullshit he wouldn't have died.

But I'm glad the show is so good again. It's a show I really want to like and I get bummed when it gets pretentious and boring. See? This is how you show interesting moral dilemmas in an entertaining way. Though at this rate there will be no one but Rick's crew at Alexandria.

As I was watching I kept thinking that they need their own version of "mercy", like in Z nation. I get leaving people behind, but come on. Put them out of their misery first, don't let them get eaten if you can help it.

Also, I was bummed by the cliche complications (hurting your ankle? the car doesn't start?) in an otherwise pretty good episode. And when i was watching the moral dilemma at the pet store I kept wondering why DIDN'T they leave them there. It seemed secure enough if they hid and they could go back to them the next day or something.

Pretty disappointed that next episode it seems like it will be a whole bunch of lame-o Morgan angst. I don't really care.

• Love 12

I really need Hardwick and everyone associated with the show to stop saying this isn't a safe world. No fucking shit. It's a world full of zombies. I get it. But like GOT, if I am unable to enjoy the show due to my inability to get attached to characters (because, what's the point,) then why should I keep watching? 

For real, though, I'm down to Rick, Michonne, and Carol. Daryl's on probation with his lame manly angst.

• Love 24

Holy Fuck.  Ho-ly Fuck!  They actually went there.  Goddammit Glenn.  And what do you know, in the end, Nicholas DID end up killing him!  Good job not ending Nick when he deserved it, Glenn and people in the know.  I had a weird feeling when Glenn made a 'callback' to the pilot, when he referred to Rick as a dumbass (when he first talked to him the tank).  Trust your gut, I guess.

What do these showrunners have against Maggie??  First Daddy, then Beth, now hubby.

Rick being surrounded is bad, but he'll survive (somehow).   No way they do away with two 'big stars' so close together.  Although, they did a good job of putting Michonne in a lot of trouble.

I am discovering a hatred for the Wolves that makes the hate I had for Psycho Pirate and the Termites look like a momentary lapse of judgement.

All I have for right now..... still in so much shock from Glenn dying.  Damn!

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 10

Watching TD, I am starting to have hope for Glenn, but there is no way that he could have survived, right? It would have had to be Nicholas being ripped apart on top of him which is so hard to believe. Yet there was no memoriam to Glenn.

We get an hour and a half next week. It better not all be Morgan because I am so freaking furious at him now.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 10

The whole sequence from Glenn's "death" to the very end of the episode was extremely well done because it managed to be upsetting and then up the emotional suspense with Rick and Daryl.  I am really believing that they are in jeopardy.

Having said that.... Glenn is not dead, it was Nicolas's guts.  And at some point when they get back to the storylines I care about (which I expect to be in like two weeks following a Morgan flashback and ASZ episode),  Daryl will make some incredible Fonzie like jump onto the RV, saving Rick and they will ride double and find Glenn walking back to ASZ.  I am entirely serious.

• Love 24

HALLELUJAH! Or maybe FUCK! The Talking Dead refused to say if Glen was dead in the In Memoriam Segment, but did end with Nicholas shooting himself and taking Glen down into the Walker Mosh Pit.

This episode sucked big hairy buffalo balls. Seriously, there's no feasible way Glen could have survived that nightmare, but by not showing us the gruesome death with 100% certainty, there's still a little niggling doubt. I mean, we got to see Herschel decapitated and a Walker head. Poor Noah was gruesomely killed. Why be coy?

Because the people that run this show hate me.

Edited by mustbekarma
  • Love 13

OMG! They killed off Glenn! How could you do that, show??

Nicholas, what an asshole. He is directly responsible for the death of Noah, Glenn, his team from before, the others during this little "mission", etc. Rick and co are so right - weak Alexandrians.

Rick's losing it again. He has the crazy eyes. I don't know how he'll get out of this.

Why GLENN! WHY!

• Love 7

That was fucking garbage.  I felt trapped in season two, and then they killed off a main character doing nonsensical, stupid things in a nonsensical, stupid way.  I'm not a person who rants about being done with tv shows, but I really don't need to ever watch this again.

• Love 4

I wonder how Rick is going to survive?

What was the deal with his cut? Like ew, wouldn't he have gotten walker blood there? Is he gonna lose a hand?

Re: Glenn being dead. Didn't we see him get eaten? Like really tearing into him? Was it really ambiguous?

For me, like someone else mentioned, the sad thing is that no one will know what happened to him because he was alone.

Edited by natyxg
  • Love 4

I'm right there with you. ASZhats are morons, and FUCK MORGAN. I'm sorry, I've loved Morgan since day one, but I'm fixing to put all my anger on him right now. First of all, if he had just killed those two Wolves in the woods that day, they might never have even come to ASZ in the first place. No horn blowing, no distracted walkers, no groups split up trying to burn down feed stores. Gah. Your actions have consequence. You come across psycho killers, YOU TAKE THEM OUT.

I am furious at Morgan too, but the Wolves were going to find Alexandria regardless. They were heading in that direction and they found Aaron's backpack with the pictures. However, I do hold Morgan responsible for letting the Wolves who attacked Rick go.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11

Oh, I forgot about Rick's hand.  Was he bitten?  What about Michonne?

They didn't actually show Glenn get bitten, did we?  It might have been camera work to make us assume he was being torn apart............I'm trying to hold out hope here.

• Love 3

Glenn better have rolled under the dumpster or something. If he is, in this world you can't let the weak and cowardly live in expense of your own life.

And Morgan you used to be cool, but now you gotta go. He's the reason Rick is now surrounded.  

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 10

I kept thinking to myself while it was happening, that its all a big ploy - its Nicholas getting torn apart, not Glenn - but then they never went back and showed Glenn being mostly ok and somehow getting out of it.

But the camera angle they used sure made it look like there was no body on top of Glenn to tear into. 

But if there was no "goodbye" to him on TD............  well, shit, I don't honestly know now.  I just know what it looked like to me, and it sure as hell looked like it was Glenn getting torn apart and will be eaten.

• Love 6

Now is not the time to devote an episode to Morgan. He is 6 degrees of separation from blame for the death of Glen

I can't stress enough how much I don't care about Morgan, to be honest. I never gave him much thought and now he's back just to be annoying, it seems.

• Love 6

If there's a positive to be found, at least we've now seen Morgan's Chekov's gun and it didn't get anybody we care about killed.   Although if Rick hadn't had to deal with the douchenozzles because Morgan insisted on lecturing them and leaving them alive last week, Rick might not be stranded in a stalled RV surrounded by walkers just now.  

If/when he makes it back, Rick's probably going to have some words for you, Morgan.

What was the point of whatever it was Daryl was doing this week?  Just lots of pointless scenes of racing around on your motorcycle?  Okay, then.

• Love 13

The worst things about Glenn's fate.

1) It was entirely because he failed to redeem Nicholas the coward.

2) Nobody will ever know what happened to him. He is just gone. (Until they find a walker with a pocket watch)

The second is the hardest, and also why I have the tiniest of hope. Maybe they used Glenn to make a point but Dale, Tyreese, Andrea, even Bob got to go out surrounded by friends.

• Love 6

I kept thinking to myself while it was happening, that its all a big ploy - its Nicholas getting torn apart, not Glenn - but then they never went back and showed Glenn being mostly ok and somehow getting out of it.

But the camera angle they used sure made it look like there was no body on top of Glenn to tear into.

But if there was no "goodbye" to him on TD............ well, shit, I don't honestly know now. I just know what it looked like to me, and it sure as hell looked like it was Glenn getting torn apart and will be eaten.

I kept hoping that we'd hear Glenn over the radio or something a little hint that he survived.

I want to hope/believe that it was Nicholas being ripped apart and that Glenn somehow gets out alive but, I don't know if it's possible or if I'm just in denial

• Love 8

They reacted to this situation awfully. The should have kept the injured in one of the shops and had them fortify it. The rest should have ran to get help or something. They should have never split up, and they should have NEVER followed Nickolas. It was too big of a moment for him.

I'm in denial. He can't be dead. But there were so many Walkers....so many.

My students are going to all be talking Walking Dead tomorrow.

• Love 12

But Nickolas shot himself facing Glenn and then managed to turn fall in death conveniently on top of Glenn, guts up.

• Love 7

All things considered, it is NOT cool to have the Morgan flashback episode next. Whether Glen is dead or not, one week of speculation is ENOUGH. Two is cruel and will only cause a backlash of disinterest in the coming episode and resentment toward TPTB. Not to mention like/dislike of Morgan overall (as evidenced by past commentary here on PTV) is a very, very thin line and I think this is going to push more people to the "dislike" side.

I love this show, and very rarely have strong criticism. But we've had enough of the "is s/he, isn't s/he dead/coming back/etc" anticipation. That just makes me want the show to be over with quicker.

It also makes me almost wish I was back in a situation I was for a couple years where I didn't have direct access to viewing, so had to wait a few weeks to catch up on episodes, then had a few to watch at a time. 

• Love 14