Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Thank You

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Who is this "Rick" you all keep mentioning?

We're all being Rick-rolled here.

Rick is the man to whom NO ONE listens, and yet they SHOULD, because BAD THINGS happen when people don't listen to him.  Why don't they ever learn?!

Case in point: he patiently (under the circumstances) explained to Glenn and Michonne that they need to get back to ASZ; that not all the ASZhat redshirts and eejits in hats were gonna make it; that they needed to leave them behind; to not let said morons and weaklings slow them down; and stuff and thangs like that.  Simple, right?  But what did they do?!  None of that, and look where we are now.  Harrrumph.

• Love 16

Certainly makes me miss the days of "15 days or 15 pages".

If you're talking about reading the whole thread, or being suspended for two weeks, then I don't. I was afraid to comment for *years* in case I slipped up on one or more of those rules, and I would come across people at other forums or blogs who also were, or who were banned for no good reason. 

I watched Dawn of the Dead, last night. I'm glad our guys don't have to deal with zombies that run and climb (usually). I've seen them walk upstairs, but never seen them actually climb a fence. 

• Love 4

Dead or not dead Glenn aside, funny zombie on the left is contemplating the slink o' sausages would taste better with a dash of paprika.

2637l12.png

That or he's been dying to try Korean food and now its his lucky day.

Kinda wish his eyes had been diverted at Glenn right then, cause it'd be real easy to imagine him 'saying' "What's with that look?  Do I have something on my face??"

• Love 4
Poor Glen and ... that guy.  Trapped in a blind alley - if only there'd been some extremely stout metal box they could climb into, one with a lid they could, in theory, hold closed while the zombies raged around them.

That was the first thing I thought of when they went down that alley. I even yelled, "Pull a Better Call Saul and just hang out in the dumpster for awhile!" 

Can you tell I watch too much TV? 

But it would have been worth a shot. And hell, they might have even got a good meal out of it. 

• Love 10

I watched Dawn of the Dead, last night. I'm glad our guys don't have to deal with zombies that run and climb (usually). I've seen them walk upstairs, but never seen them actually climb a fence.

I might be totally misremembering this but I think in season 1 in the sequence when Rick and Glen (?) were covered in zombie guts as they escaped from the department store I *think* some zombies started climbing over the fence to get at them while they were trying to start the lorry- I liked s1 zombies, they were more human and frightening in some ways.

Edited by Dr.Jacoby
  • Love 10

I might be totally misremembering this but I think in season 1 in the sequence when Rick and Glen (?) were covered in zombie guts as they escaped from the department store I *think* some zombies started climbing over the fence to get at them while they were trying to start the lorry- I liked s1 zombies, they were more human and frightening in some ways.

There were a few things that happened in s1 canon that don't seem to happen or even be possible anymore.  Off the top of my head, there's the thing you just mentioned and a walker trying to turn a door knob to open said door [implied it intentionally looked in the 'peep hole' of the door as well], and other things.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 7

It was brought up before, kudos to nodorothyparker, I believe, and well done on noticing this - but not only did the walkers rip into Nicholas' body because he wasn't zombie!dead yet, but because he never was going to be a zombie period.  He blew his brains out, thus ensuring permanent (no reanimating and walking) death.  So even while Glenn is getting covered by the blood and gore;  its still human stuff, not walker goo.  Thus, even if Glenn did get himself under the dumpster - only a miracle 'hand-wave' by the writers & producers would see him still survive and live through all of that.

Is there any chance that Glen really didn't fall off the top of the dumpster? When they fell, they both fell onto the top, and only Nickolas rolled off. AND Glen has to wait on the top of the dumpster and then gets inside the dumpster and is waiting it out for days without water and food and is hallucinating this dream of being eaten like Nicholas did? No?  Well, that's all I got! 

Zee-Gads! Why has no one mentioned this yet, guys?!?!? Did Rick just get bitten in the hand by a zombie? Is he turning??!!!??

[ducks]

ZOMG, you figured it out!  Rick got bit, he will die, and the show is over. No need to turn in next week or comment on the forum anymore! ;) Haha

Is there any chance that Glen really didn't fall off the top of the dumpster? When they fell, they both fell onto the top, and only Nickolas rolled off. AND Glen has to wait on the top of the dumpster and then gets inside the dumpster and is waiting it out for days without water and food and is hallucinating this dream of being eaten like Nicholas did? No?  Well, that's all I got!

Sorry, but no, there was no landing on the top, or raised side, of the dumpster for either of them.  Glenn (& Nicholas['s body]) both fell completely off and were laying on the ground - ok, Nicholas on top of Glenn (maybe) - but Glenn is without a doubt [in my mind] laying on the pavement.

• Love 2

There were a few things that happened in s1 canon that don't seem to happen or even be possible anymore.  Off the top of my head, there's the thing you just mentioned and a walker trying to turn a door knob to open said door [implied it intentionally looked in the 'peep hole' of the door as well], and other things.

The season 1 zombies were a little closer to Romero's zombies... they retained some residual human characteristics. On top of the things mentioned, there was the child zombie in the cold open, the very first zombie we see in the show, who reached down and picked up a stuffed animal. I liked those touches... they made the zombies a bit creepier. But now that they don't do that that is one thing that separates them from Romero zombies... Romero's zombies evolve while Kirkman's devolve, and Romero's zombies are repelled by fire while Kirkman's zombies are drawn to it. Other than that they are exactly the same.

• Love 4

It also bothers me that Rick's group never adopted any of Morgan's clever walker traps, luring them with caged pigeons and rats to impale themselves. Why not set up a perimeter of these outside the walls of ASZ?

Well, they had a perfectly good quarry trap but they decided 'better out than in' was the way to go.

• Love 2

What ticks me off is there are some stairs on the alley and they didn't think of climbing those to the roof, from that roof jump to another roof, AFAIK the walkers can't climb walls.

Ironically, the actor that plays Nick was interviewed sitting on those stairs mentioned! 

My .02 bet that Glenn becomes a walker..

• Love 2

The season 1 zombies were a little closer to Romero's zombies... they retained some residual human characteristics. On top of the things mentioned, there was the child zombie in the cold open, the very first zombie we see in the show, who reached down and picked up a stuffed animal. I liked those touches... they made the zombies a bit creepier. But now that they don't do that that is one thing that separates them from Romero zombies... Romero's zombies evolve while Kirkman's devolve, and Romero's zombies are repelled by fire while Kirkman's zombies are drawn to it. Other than that they are exactly the same.

Not only that, but as she approaches Rick, she breaks into the start of a very slow stumbling jog.

Who is this "Rick" you all keep mentioning?

Rick Grimes B!tch ... (not you personally of course!!!) It's just that when you say his name it naturally follows because he has been declared the baddest baddie that ever badded in all the land

• Love 5

Y'all are forgetting Rick(y) Martin!  Young whippernsappers.  Don't make me lose my Grimes up in here!

Anyway, yes, the walkers are devolving.  They used to turn doorknobs, use rocks to smash glass doors, and climb fences.  Now all they do is a slow shuffle.  Slow enough to keep up with running live folk, weirdly enough.

Rick [Grimes] isn't just a name (anymore), its a state of being or the aftermath of a certain individual.

What happened to the CDC, the Greene farm, the Prison, Woodbury, Grady Memorial Hospital, the Claimers, Terminus, Alexandria Safe Zone and the Wolves?  They got Rick'd!  That's what happened to all those places and/or people.

• Love 4

Y'all are forgetting Rick(y) Martin!  Young whippernsappers.  Don't make me lose my Grimes up in here!

Anyway, yes, the walkers are devolving.  They used to turn doorknobs, use rocks to smash glass doors, and climb fences.  Now all they do is a slow shuffle.  Slow enough to keep up with running live folk, weirdly enough.

"Up in here, 

Up in here"

The zombies are definitely the Pepe le Pews of this world in terms of chase speed.

Just like Sherman's March to the Sea - the Ricktator's March to the Interstate left a wide path of destruction.  While Sherman's destruction was intentional - the Ricktator's destruction was due to his being a founding member of Camp Dinner Bell.

Of course someone from Atlanta needed to be sacrificed for Rick's hubris.  

• Love 3

I was thinking, the only way to make the walker walk plan even more ridiculous would have been if there just happened to be another community 20 miles away (why 20, though? was it an arbitrary number or was there a specific formula? god, this plan was really, really half-assed), who then decided to relocate the herd back to the quarry, and the two communities could just keep volleying a couple thousands walkers back and forth leaving increasingly passive-aggressive little notes.

(I'm desperately trying to get Rick fucking Santorum out of my mind, that's the worst Rick ever, what's wrong with my brain, jeez).

• Love 11

I was thinking, the only way to make the walker walk plan even more ridiculous would have been if there just happened to be another community 20 miles away (why 20, though? was it an arbitrary number or was there a specific formula? god, this plan was really, really half-assed), who then decided to relocate the herd back to the quarry, and the two communities could just keep volleying a couple thousands walkers back and forth leaving increasingly passive-aggressive little notes.

Hilarious.

• Love 4

After Rick encountered those walkers eating a man as he was running down the road, he seemed to be holding his hand and looking at it a lot.  But I didn't see what he did to it... did he hurt it somehow?

Poor Glen and ... that guy.  Trapped in a blind alley - if only there'd been some extremely stout metal box they could climb into, one with a lid they could, in theory, hold closed while the zombies raged around them.  Would have left them in a pickle to be sure but eventually, one hopes, Rick would have figured out that the zombies seem really interested in this dumpster for some reason.  Just a thought.

I cant help but think of the state the dumpster's insides would be after all this time in the blazing Georgia heat. I guess its better than being eaten, I would likely die in this situation.

• Love 1

After Rick encountered those walkers eating a man as he was running down the road, he seemed to be holding his hand and looking at it a lot.  But I didn't see what he did to it... did he hurt it somehow?

He got bit.

• Love 19

(I'm desperately trying to get Rick fucking Santorum out of my mind, that's the worst Rick ever, what's wrong with my brain, jeez).

No!  He's like an earworm.....not that Rick

Know who had a good idea about walker control?  The Governor with his deep pits all around Woodbury.  The Alexandrians could have dug some of those pretty easily and had a second line of defense other than the fences.

But, without calculating risks or looking for other solutions, Rick's incredibly brilliant plan is implemented.  

• Love 2

You're a young whippersnapper. I thought of Ricky Nelson

now I'm sad about how he died again, goddammit! Off to listen to the Rio Bravo soundtrack...

You can tell what era & country I'm from- I think ricky martin and ricky butcher, heh

Edited by Dr.Jacoby

Rick's hand: He was not bitten. One of the zombies in the road had a huge knife sticking right through its shoulder. When Rick grabbed the zombie to hold it back and kill it, he sliced his hand on that knife.

Sorry AH, just using your post as a starting point......  but part of me wishes I knew a lot of TWD fans IRL, so if they asked me what happened, I'd tell them he got bit.  Just to troll them and laugh when they totally believe it and get mad/sad/whatever that Rick is going to die/turn - until they see it was actually just cut on the machete, and not saliva-infected.

• Love 1

If you're talking about reading the whole thread, or being suspended for two weeks, then I don't. I was afraid to comment for *years* in case I slipped up on one or more of those rules, and I would come across people at other forums or blogs who also were, or who were banned for no good reason. 

That's because I don't moderate as harshly as maybe I should. But I want people to enjoy the conversations and interactions and discussions here. As long as everyone follows the rules......

*cough cough*, no spoilers, don't repeat the same thing ad nauseum, stay on topic, be respectful and BE CIVIL.

That's all we ask. *smile* Besides...if you people have the patience to read through more than 15 pages of threads, more power to ya!

• Love 9

Rick's hand: He was not bitten. One of the zombies in the road had a huge knife sticking right through its shoulder. When Rick grabbed the zombie to hold it back and kill it, he sliced his hand on that knife.

One thing I don't understand is that aside from the Walker plague, and that one time people got sick at the prison, there seems to be no other diseases around.  In an antibiotic free world, a cut like that could be a serious problem,potentially even a death sentence.

• Love 2

Yeah, I apologize for the dickishness, I couldn't help myself. I'm a troll at heart.

One thing I don't understand is that aside from the Walker plague, and that one time people got sick at the prison, there seems to be no other diseases around.  In an antibiotic free world, a cut like that could be a serious problem,potentially even a death sentence.

There was one disease, I imagine they thought that would be realistic enough. Hell, Rick amputated a man's leg with a rusty, dirty old axe and they stopped the bleeding with musty, danky old prison blankets, and Hershel kept hopping happily along without trace of an infection, so anything else is a papercut.

• Love 4

Walkers aren't much as thinkers. But, having said that, maybe they know where the best meat is, and it's not the foot. (Sorry Bob)

*sigh* I miss Bob. I would trade *at least* half of the (remaining) Alexandrians for Bob.

Edited by Disraeli Ears
  • Love 6

I have seen it brought up many times about the RV not starting. I thought when the Wolves attacked Rick he shot up the dashboard. I assumed that is why it wouldn't start.

This episode had me practically hyperventilating. I had to pause it for about 10 minutes. I do believe that Glenn is still alive though.

• Love 4
QuoteI thought when the Wolves attacked Rick he shot up the dashboard. I assumed that is why it wouldn't start.

He shot through the side of the RV, between two bench seats.

This episode had me practically hyperventilating.

Me too!

ETA:

Blondeone21: No, not Rick. The first guy that came into the RV.

Right you are!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1

I remember Morgan's wife, turning the doorknob, and the one with a rock, but don't remember them climbing a fence. They are scarier when they move faster, and seem to have more aware. The last one I remember was the walker in the RV, going after Andrea. 

I would be disappointed if the show had Glenn escape after what was just filmed. Nicholas and Glenn fall into a pit of eagerly awaiting walkers. I don't care if Nicholas fell on top of him, he wasn't some kind of terminator encasement. In any case, Glenn's head and shoulders were fully exposed when he hit the ground. How Glenn actually struck unoccupied pavement and how his head ended up next to the dumpster, is a mystery. Glenn was screaming and squirming, perfect attractions for the walkers surrounding him. And through all of this, Glenn's body is otherwise motionless. If he hadn't slithered under a supposed space under the dumpster earlier, there's no way it could happen now that he's the dinner plate. 

• Love 3

If you zoom in and slow it down, you can actually see Glenn's head slide under the Dumpster!

Glenn's Head

There's so many Walkers crowded together, they're unable to move or lean down to get at him. The ones already on the ground are busy feasting on Nicholas.

2pqpf5u.jpg

Edited by spinxella
  • Love 7