Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, kib said:

Damn, I guess I'll have to see "My Octopus Teacher" which I've actively avoided due to my great enjoyment of Tako Nigiri...

I don’t know what it says about me, but... after seeing this I swore I’d never eat octopus again, yet here I am, entering the final week of Greek Orthodox Lent, with octopus in my fridge. 

Edited by UMAngela
  • Love 1
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Steven Yeun is here to remind everyone that getting killed off The Walking Dead can actually benefit your career quite a bit.  Good for him!

Between Minari and Invincible, he's having a hell of a year.

• Love 6

From the winner of visual effects, is the rule then that if winners are in different locations only the winner in Union Station can speak? Seems to be and makes the guy who win best screenplay look less of a dick.

Yay, Yuh-Jung! She's been adorable all awards season long, before and after she hit on Brad Pitt, not that I blame her, re the latter. To quote Steve Winwood, "When you see a chance, take it."

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 6
Just now, mtlchick said:

“I’m luckier than you.”  That sometimes work.

But Glenn Close is becoming the Susan Lucci of the Oscars and that makes me sad.

Me too. It is a crime that Glenn Close has never won.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

But Glenn Close is becoming the Susan Lucci of the Oscars and that makes me sad.

Agreed, but this wasn't the movie she should've won for (if she'd won).

• Love 8
Just now, mtlchick said:

Glenn was wonderful in Hillbilly Elegy. And for those who hated the wig and glasses, she looked exactly like the real person.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

Does Glenn Close kick puppies? Because she's been amazing for so long and never gotten an Oscar. I don;t get it.

Well, she does boil bunnies... at least on screen!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

Does Glenn Close kick puppies? Because she's been amazing for so long and never gotten an Oscar. I don;t get it.

Well she did make a coat out of them! 😃 She HAS been amazing, in film after film. I didn't know until reading here that she has never won. I don't get it either.

• LOL 5