Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, kittykat said:

By my count we have: editing, song, screenplays, a singer with shots of dead people in the background, lead acting, director, picture.  Yeahhhhh, NOT finishing on time.

Not no way, not no how.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

LOL now I see what people are talking about when they said DG’s hair gives off Marge Simpson vibes. I kind of feel sorry for whoever is sitting behind her and that woman with the white veil thing on her head.

I’ve been trying to figure out who that woman is, and if she even considered the person behind her.  Kind of rude. 

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

LOL now I see what people are talking about when they said DG’s hair gives off Marge Simpson vibes. I kind of feel sorry for whoever is sitting behind her and that woman with the white veil thing on her head.

She looked, strong, powerful, and absolutely stunning which, to me, was a great look given the song she is presenting and the film it is from.  

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, kittykat said:

By my count we have: editing, song, screenplays, a singer with shots of dead people in the background, lead acting, director, picture.  Yeahhhhh, NOT finishing on time.

Also from the NYT about 20 minutes ago:

Reggie Ugwu

By my count, 13 out of 23 awards have now been handed out, which means — two hours in — we’re a little over halfway through.

We'll be here until tomorrow.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

Whoever did last week's online SAG Awards should be given a chance to produce the Oscars and the production might improve.

That wouldn't be a bad idea!  Put them online, cut out the commercials...I actually think they should start an hour earlier if they're going to go over three hours, even if it means they start at 4 pm west coast time.

3 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Cutting off those last winners and then Jimmy has all this time to ask these dumb questions… not cool.

Whose stupid idea was it to ask Malala one of those stupid questions. There is a lot of good things to be said about the woman but her comedy sense has never been among them.

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I felt bad for her especially if she didn't know all of that was going to happen.

She's probably had her share of inappropriate questions over the years and had a classy answer at the ready. Still, I appreciate the dignity she brought to that ridiculous moment.

• Like 9

I know Malala was one of the producers of one of the documentaries, but I’m kind of surprised she gets to sit on the aisle so close to the front.  Meanwhile last year’s Best Actress winner is three seats in.

I kind of felt bad for Jessica Chastain, she clearly had no idea she was going to be called upon and she’s on worldwide TV, the only one seen wearing a mask and clearly wasn’t prepared so was shown awkwardly removing her mask.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

Also from the NYT about 20 minutes ago:

Reggie Ugwu

By my count, 13 out of 23 awards have now been handed out, which means — two hours in — we’re a little over halfway through.

We'll be here until tomorrow.

Well, Jimmy did say that Rihanna was going to perform at halftime...we should've taken him at his word.

• LOL 11

ASAP Rocky looked so cute.  He and Rihanna already made one adorable baby, and now another one on the way?  Some peeps get all the blessings.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 2
Just now, FoundTime said:

She's probably had her share of inappropriate questions over the years and had a classy answer at the ready. Still, I appreciate the dignity she brought to that ridiculous moment.

Honestly, she's the best and has a great sense of humor.  She was on NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell me last weekend and was incredibly charming and funny.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, blackwing said:

I kind of felt bad for Jessica Chastain, she clearly had no idea she was going to be called upon and she’s on worldwide TV, the only one seen wearing a mask and clearly wasn’t prepared so was shown awkwardly removing her mask.

Oh, we mask wearers are used to having to awkwardly remove them, lol.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

She looked, strong, powerful, and absolutely stunning which, to me, was a great look given the song she is presenting and the film it is from.  

I didn’t necessarily say it was a bad look. Though she could have looked strong, powerful, and stunning with other looks as well. 

2 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I'm happy and impressed she's wearing a mask!  She's doing A Doll's House on Broadway now and I'm sure doesn't want to miss any performances. 

• Like 16
2 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I know Malala was one of the producers of one of the documentaries, but I’m kind of surprised she gets to sit on the aisle so close to the front.  Meanwhile last year’s Best Actress winner is three seats in.

They sat her on the end because they knew they’d ask her an idiot question and have Cocaine Bear get in her face. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, blackwing said:

And Nicole Kidman seemed like she thought that he was coming to her (so did I) and then he pivoted to Jessica. 

• Like 2