Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was rooting for Colin.  I’m curious about Austin Butler’s seat, he was three seats in.  Don’t they usually sit the nominees and likely winners on the aisles?   Was that a sign he wasn’t going to win?  Would have been awkward to have him climbing over Angela Bassett to get out if he had won. 

Just now, ShadowHunter said:

Good for Brendan. I even like his silly movie Airheads and nobody talks about that one lol.  Part of me wanted Austin Butler but I'm still glad for Fraser. 

Lets not forget the truly best film in his resume: George of the Jungle!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 14
1 minute ago, blackwing said:

I was rooting for Colin.  I’m curious about Austin Butler’s seat, he was three seats in.  Don’t they usually sit the nominees and likely winners on the aisles?   Was that a sign he wasn’t going to win?  Would have been awkward to have him climbing over Angela Bassett to get out if he had won. 

It was front row.

• Useful 1

I am happy for Brendan Fraser because he seems like a lovely man but I really, really hated The Whale so I was not rooting for him to win. Kudos to him though for overcoming some major stats - no Best Picture nomination and losing BAFTA. That said, if (and this point when) Michelle wins I think it'll solidify that SAG taking place this year after BAFTAs which is often not the case, really swung the momentum in the acting categories. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
Just now, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm in tears, so happy for Brendan after everything he's been through.

Colin had early momentum in the awards season but then Austin started cleaning up.  Brendan winning the SAG turned it into a two person race.  I agree Colin was wonderful but Brendan has been to hell and back and what a comeback!

• Like 8

I haven't seen EEAAO yet (I went into its thread and it was described as a "sci-fi multiverse" or something like that, and that's not my jam, so I'm waiting until it appears on something I can see for free), but I've liked Michelle Yeoh since Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, so I'm very happy for her.

• Like 11
Just now, yowsah1 said:

"Academy Award nominee Harrison Ford..."

Do something about that, would ya, Oscar voters!

He'll eventually get the "Lifetime Achievement" consolation Oscar, I'd imagine...

• Like 6
Just now, yowsah1 said:

"Academy Award nominee Harrison Ford..."

Do something about that, would ya, Oscar voters!

Was it Witness or Working Girl he was nominated for? Love both of those.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I haven't seen EEAAO yet (I went into its thread and it was described as a "sci-fi multiverse" or something like that, and that's not my jam, so I'm waiting until it appears on something I can see for free), but I've liked Michelle Yeoh since Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, so I'm very happy for her.

Everything I’ve seen so far shows that it is Not For Me, so I’ll just take all of everyone else’s words for it that it’s a good one.

• Like 1