Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wow, Christopher Walken was a very good presenter. Just the facts, thank you.  (I know the titles were prerecorded)  His intro was perfectly plain and appropriate, and he read the title correctly. 

• Love 4

I'm not really blown away by any of the songs but i think  the song from Coco was the best and the Song by Common. I would be ok with two time Oscar winner Common.

Also still a,little bitter that How Far I'll Go lost last year to the inferior, imo, song from La la Land

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Ugh, almost 11:00, and they haven’t even done the In Memorium yet.  I don’t think I’m going to make it all the way to the end.  They need to start at 7:30.

...or up the prizes...

• Love 5
Just now, shoregirl said:

I'm not really blown away by any of the songs but i think  the song from Coco was the best and the Song by Common. I would be ok with two time Oscar winner Common.

Also still a,little bitter that How Far I'll Go lost last year to the inferior, imo, song from La la Land

Common was eyeing the jet ski so I’d love to see him try to win it. 

• Love 1

Lin-Manuel is going to do music/songs for the Marry Poppins movie, right?  He needs to finish out his EGOT that La La Land denied him last year!

Coco over The Greatest Showman!  I guess being the big crowd pleaser wan't quite enough.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I wanna see the Roseanne trailer, have they shown it yet? I’ve been flipping channels. 

You didn't miss much. For a promo airing during The Academy Awards it wasn't put together that well.

• Love 2
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Lin-Manuel is going to do music/songs for the Marry Poppins movie, right?  He needs to finish out his EGOT that La La Land denied him last year!

Who do I have to do to get Lin an Academy Award so he can EGOT?

• Love 9

Ugh, almost 11:00, and they haven’t even done the In Memorium yet.  I don’t think I’m going to make it all the way to the end.  They need to start at 7:30.

...or up the prizes

don't know why the quote function's not working, but...

my suggestion: cut the bullshit, like the visit to the theater. and, frankly, the extended banter between maya and tiffany could have been trimmed. 

• Love 4
Just now, GeminiDancer said:

I'm happy that anything other than The Greatest Showman won best song. That song made me angry.

For me it was the mugging and over dramatics of the singer. Not to mention how she butchered in the majority of live performances I witnessed.

• Love 1
Just now, Misslindsey said:

Who do I have to do to get Lin an Academy Award so he can EGOT?

The Weird Al polka mash up of the Hamilton score that just came out? 

Eddie Vedder cleans up nice.  

• Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Jaded said:

You didn't miss much. For a promo airing during The Academy Awards it wasn't put together that well.

I saw some Roseanne stuff as I was washing dishes but didn’t pay much attention. Maybe one of those commercials were actually the promo but it was so uninspiring I changed the channel or wasn’t looking lol

Edited by Alexis2291
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

How many nominations does Dianne Warren have?

9: Stand Up for Something, Til It Happens to You, Grateful, There You'll Be, Music of My Heart, I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing, How Do I Live, Because You Loved Me, Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, double-elvis said:

It happened at last year's Oscars. Mahershala Ali and Ezra Edelman won. Not to mention Moonlight winning Best Picture

Oh yeah you're right I was thinking about the fact that the actor in the movie where the same project but I did forget about the other guy winning thanks for correcting me.

• Love 2