Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Shocked that Sly didn't win but honestly? That guy from Bridge of Spies benefits more because he's going to get a lot more work after this. The awards can really benefit a non-famous character actor.

I suspect Mark Rylance is quite happy with the career he has, but it's great that more Americans now know who he is. 

• Love 10

Of course, they didn't answer the real question which is who donated the most.  I mean, besides "Suge Knight."  Hey, why else am I hear if not to judge actors and actress for how much money they are willing to give to the Girl Scouts.

Mr ebk wants to know how, at $4 a box, the total could end with a 3...  

I'm drinking, so I'm not doing math tonight.

• Love 2

No it'll be worse, because it he doesn't we'll be subjected to another year of another Dicaprio movie that the public will be forced to speculate if this is the one that will win it for him. Let him win now so that we don't have to be subjected to another film that's "Oscar worthy." And lately they're getting less subtle and more desperate with its "look at me" moments.

I really thought he earned it with Aviator, a film I can watch again and again, and when I do, I usually find something new.  I can't remember who won that year, but damn he was fantastic in that.

• Love 3
Despite the warm fuzzies we might've felt for Sly getting this nomination for the role that brought him to our attention forty years ago, can anyone honestly say they felt he was due?  *runs from rotten tomatoes*

I'm happy that Rylance won, but did pick Sly in my Oscar game.  Every now and again Sly clicks with the right director and story, like Creed or Cop Land.  I think he's a talented guy who can also wink at himself.  

Really enjoying Chris Rock tonight, I figured he might be too abrasive but I think he's been pretty funny and even handed with just a couple of klunkers.

Ohhhh dead people up! 

• Love 4
Maureen O'Hara was a stone cold fox, man.

Go look at her in The Hunchback Of Notre Dame...stunningly beautiful.  The camera loved her.  And yes, TCM still does it better, though this year's on TCM was oddly lacking something.

I can't believe that I'm liking this year's show.  Usually it's a big hate fest for me.