Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Robyn's Big Announcement

Null23
  • Start Topic

I beg to differ.

She was the biggest wife of them all.

Way bigger than Christine. The only difference is Christine obviously shops for plus sized clothing meant for older ladies. I have never once seen Christine in anything tight or revealing. Meri? She dresses like she thinks she is still 15 and on her way to a Whitesnake concert.

You think Meri was the biggest? I don't agree - not that it's a contest. Christine and Janelle tend to wear run-of-the-mill plus-size clothing, which don't accentuate the bulges. Whereas, Meri - like you say - is always decked out in "Forever 21".  This makes her weight more of an issue than for the other ladies. Also, some people just carry weight better than others, and Meri isn't one of them.

As for her supposed 30lb weight loss, I don't really see that much of a difference in her from last season, but I do see some. Meri is much more attractive thinner, so I hope she keeps going.

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 3

Ok, what have they done with Janelle, she seems to have been replaced with a friendlier more helpful and interested Pod Person???  Seriously, I think I do like what seems to be a happier Janelle.  Poor Christine, Kody is not happy with her at all, he kept making annoyed faces during that therapy session, I really don't think he is interested anymore.  Meri was just checked out, staring ahead and barely participating, she was totally uninterested.  Maybe dreaming about a life with Sam?  Robin actually admitting that she was not happy with the family reaction to her last pregnancy was shocking to me since they always try to act like they are so thrilled with each other, even though reactions and facial expressions say otherwise.  

• Love 5

Ok, what have they done with Janelle, she seems to have been replaced with a friendlier more helpful and interested Pod Person???  Seriously, I think I do like what seems to be a happier Janelle. (snip) Robin actually admitting that she was not happy with the family reaction to her last pregnancy was shocking to me since they always try to act like they are so thrilled with each other, even though reactions and facial expressions say otherwise.

I agree that Janelle seems so much happier and friendlier now. She looks prettier too. Maybe the change in demeanor is changing her physical appearance.

As for Robyn going on and on about how the family reacted badly to her previous pregnancy announcement, does she think that they won't be watching this show? I don't think publicly calling out family members for bad behavior is going to improve family relations. They might have had a positive reaction when this latest announcement was made, but when they watch this episode and see how much sniping she did behind their backs, the warm welcome might become a bit more chilly.

• Love 6
(edited)

I agree that Janelle seems so much happier and friendlier now. She looks prettier too. Maybe the change in demeanor is changing her physical appearance.

As for Robyn going on and on about how the family reacted badly to her previous pregnancy announcement, does she think that they won't be watching this show? I don't think publicly calling out family members for bad behavior is going to improve family relations. They might have had a positive reaction when this latest announcement was made, but when they watch this episode and see how much sniping she did behind their backs, the warm welcome might become a bit more chilly.

It must feel good to see your nemesis (Meri) get what they have coming to them. That's what I think is happening with Janelle. Now that Robyn has marginalized Meri like Meri did to Janelle and Christine, Janelle feels vindicated and is happy. She is even willing to try to be friends with Meri now. Edited by auntl
  • Love 6

Ok, what have they done with Janelle, she seems to have been replaced with a friendlier more helpful and interested Pod Person???  Seriously, I think I do like what seems to be a happier Janelle.  Poor Christine, Kody is not happy with her at all, he kept making annoyed faces during that therapy session, I really don't think he is interested anymore.  Meri was just checked out, staring ahead and barely participating, she was totally uninterested.  Maybe dreaming about a life with Sam?  Robin actually admitting that she was not happy with the family reaction to her last pregnancy was shocking to me since they always try to act like they are so thrilled with each other, even though reactions and facial expressions say otherwise.  

I have to say that if I were in a polygamous marriage (it would never happen!), but if it did, I'd want to be as far away from my sister wives as possible.  No common house or cul-de-sac for me.  A different side of town at least. 

• Love 1

She has to know the older kids will all see the show.  And she knows Kody and the other wives will see it, too. She obviously doesn't care. In fact, I think  that is just what Robyn was counting on.  By whining to the camera, Robyn found passive aggressive way to make her complaints about the older kids known without having to actually speak face-to-face with the teenagers and their mothers about it and directly deal with whatever their response might be. 

Plus, I don't think she really cares one bit if it hurts her relationship with the the kids or their mothers.  Her relationship with Kody seems like all she cares about.  By playing the little victim in her talking head the way she did, she gets to drive home to Kody (again) how much their reactions hurt his favorite wife, and then he can hold it against the both the older kids for being jerks and their mothers for not raising the kids better. Again.

It's a win-win- for Robyn.  She's a crafty little sucker. 

• Love 11

Robyn sure is crafty. The other wives and their kids should just throw in the white towel. It's over for them. They don't have a husband or a dad. Kody is Robyn's and her children's now and only Robyn's and her children's.

• Love 12

I was thinking the same thing about everyone eventually seeI got what is said about them. This is one of the main reasons I would never do a reality show, I am way too sensitive about what other people think about me. Even Sol, while he is the proverbial golden child, I'm sure when he sees the footage of how it wasn't exactly positive about him being born, I'm sure that can sting a little. Granted it was nothing personal because obviously they didn't know him, I can't imagine it's fun to hear you weren't a highly welcomed addition.

I will never understand that aspect of reality tv, even if the others involved don't watch any particular show, you don't think eventually it's going to get back to them?

• Love 1
I will never understand that aspect of reality tv, even if the others involved don't watch any particular show, you don't think eventually it's going to get back to them?

The operative word here is "think".  And none of these nimrods have shown any propensity for serious thought about much of anything.  Living hand-to-mouth, bankruptcy to bankruptcy, and reacting rather than being proactive is their version of a game plan.  No brain cells required for that kind of lifestyle.

• Love 1
she gets to drive home to Kody (again) how much their reactions hurt his favorite wife, and then he can hold it against the both the older kids for being jerks and their mothers for not raising the kids better. Again.

Yep, its all about driving Kody away from his other wives and kids so that Kody only belongs to Robyn and her

kids. I do feel bad for the others. No matter what they do Robyn wins. If they stay they get treated like crap

and forced to be nice to Robyn, all the while she can insult them and be horrible to them all she wants.

If they leave? She gets exactly what she wants them gone.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 4

It must feel good to see your nemesis (Meri) get what they have coming to them. That's what I think is happening with Janelle. Now that Robyn has marginalized Meri like Meri did to Janelle and Christine, Janelle feels vindicated and is happy. She is even willing to try to be friends with Meri now.

I'd like to hope Janelle would be 'above' all that, but she deserves a little bit of a 'neener, neener, you're a weiner' time. She was treated like crap by Meri for decades, and had to play second fiddle to every little demand. Vindication can come in strange forms. 

I have to say that if I were in a polygamous marriage (it would never happen!), but if it did, I'd want to be as far away from my sister wives as possible.  No common house or cul-de-sac for me.  A different side of town at least. 

Totally get what you're saying, but is there really as much 'sacrifice' or 'putting others first' if you con't have to live under the same roof? They keeps saying this is all about sacrifice to seek a higher spiritual understanding, but they run from each other as fast as they can.

Shame on Robyn for even bringing to the camera how she felt when they announced her pregnancy with Soloman.  Those children had just had the biggest upset of their lives--moving from their lifelong home in the middle of the night under a false threat of persecution, leaving the only friends they'd known, their schools and their sports to arrive in a strange state with an entirely different climate and living arrangements.  They were separated for the first time (if by only a few houses), had to go to new schools and make new friends and try to pick up where they left off.  They couldn't talk about their situation out of "fear" yet they had their own TV show, but yeah Robyn, you go on and on about how they weren't giving YOU enough attention during that time.  Geesh, Kody and Robyn sure put the "me" in polygamy!

You win the Internet tonight. Perfect description, and I agree, how dare she have a pity party, when she helped tear the lives of four adults and 20 kids apart.

• Love 3

Kody's favoritism of Robyn is just so blatant, I can barely tolerate for the hour a week when I see the show...how can the other 3 live with it daily!? It's glaringly obvious, Kody doesn't even try to hide it. How come he and Robyn are ALWAYS together? He is never shown one on one with any other wife unless it's a plot point, like Christine's trip. And anytime they show something happening where another wife needs him he's always with Robyn when they reach him, like with truly's birth and her hospitalization, or when Meri wanted to talk about the divorce. so obnoxious!

• Love 6

So Meri has been told she may have cancer, and Kody doesn't even go to the doctor's office with her?  What was more important?  Was he locked in the bathroom looking for new ways to cover his balding head?

If I were Meri, Christine, and Janelle, I would leave him and take the TLC cameras with me!  People would love to watch those three trying to make new lives, but no one would care about Kody and his one wife.

• Love 8

...I'd crack up if Robyn got fat after this kid, btw.

Robyn is a total dumbass btw, if she's in her fifth pregnancy and doesn't have a general idea of what sort of prenatal vitamins and nutrition she needs. ...

Well she was stick thin when she came on board so she is bigger than she was which looks better on her, her face doesn't look as harsh. The nonsense in mumble-speak re the vitamins is just filler as they can use obvious statements as a way of filling show space. 'Wull, I gotta talk to Doctor, git  prenatal vit'mins n stuff.' (how that mumble-baby-talk haunts my dreams and makes me cry in my sleep).

It must feel good to see your nemesis (Meri) get what they have coming to them. That's what I think is happening with Janelle. Now that Robyn has marginalized Meri like Meri did to Janelle and Christine, Janelle feels vindicated and is happy. She is even willing to try to be friends with Meri now.

I'm not totally sure, she might actually feel bad for her. Or even pity her. The Robin thing not working out the way Meri thought, the getting fired, the whole kid or no kid pressure/surrogacy, the latest new kids being born, remember the scenes with Meri and the baby clothes, so sad- the daughter leaving for college, watching the other older kids leave for college, the years of living in the rentals, no one probably hanging out together, Kody and his duffle bag looking at his watch running from place to place, the weight gain.

It might be that maybe Janelle isn't as afraid of Meri now, and maybe Meri has been humbled a bit but is too wiped out from all this to have much to offer, she's the one who needs a shoulder to cry on, and it's hard to want to cry on the shoulders of someone you've been sh*tty to, but people do it. Who knows, Janelle may be magnanimous enough to still be that shoulder, athough if I were Janelle, I'd kind of be looking at attempts from Meri to mend fences as a sloppy seconds. Like, oh now we're in a foxhole, you want to be friends? 

Common house, that sounds awful. Even it it were huge, just not having your own space. I guess there are different approaches to this whole deal. Some take the 'it's all one family'. Maybe if the guy wasn't a kody but more of a 'bill', although he could be condescending and irritating as well.

Margene: Oh Bill, tell me we won't  take each other for granted and get all stale and boring ?

Bill: that could never happen with you, sweetheart  (aka 'by the time that happens, I'll be dead')

.... By whining to the camera, Robyn found passive aggressive way to make her complaints about the older kids known without having to actually speak face-to-face with the teenagers and their mothers about it and directly deal with whatever their response might be. 

Plus, I don't think she really cares one bit if it hurts her relationship with the the kids or their mothers.  Her relationship with Kody seems like all she cares about.  By playing the little victim in her talking head the way she did, she gets to drive home to Kody (again) how much their reactions hurt his favorite wife, and then he can hold it against the both the older kids for being jerks and their mothers for not raising the kids better. Again.

It's a win-win- for Robyn.  She's a crafty little sucker.

yeah, waa waa  I'm so vul-ner-bul , I'm fwaid' kody, I'm fwaid to tell them bout baby. Me and baby fwaid, me make mama Meri tell scawee family with so judgey make Wobbin cry

Oh jeeze it's so gross. Please act like grown-ups. The I'm a widdle gurl crap is so revolting in a grown woman almost 40. Give the plaintive 'wullll' tone of voice a rest already.

The operative word here is "think".  And none of these nimrods have shown any propensity for serious thought about much of anything.  Living hand-to-mouth, bankruptcy to bankruptcy, and reacting rather than being proactive is their version of a game plan.  No brain cells required for that kind of lifestyle.

You're not thinking magically again, all that stuff doesn't matter, it's the pretend stuff that's real. Here, may I offer you some kool-aid. Yes, the real world can be an ugly place, hence elaborate fairy tale stuff that much more appealing, no? Remember when we were kids and we played like "when I'm this old, my house will be like this, and my life will be like this, beautiful vistas and clouds and all this happy horsesh*t .... well why should that stop in childhood, you can just take that whole 'when I grow up' and turn it into eternity right? Disneyland never has to end. Sounds fun right?

Damn it, it won't let me answer 6 people with more boxes and write underneath. I'll get around that

"Shame on Robyn for even bringing to the camera how she felt when they announced her pregnancy with Soloman.  Those children had just had the biggest upset of their lives--moving from their lifelong home in the middle of the night under a false threat of persecution, leaving the only friends they'd known, their schools and their sports to arrive in a strange state with an entirely different climate and living arrangements. ..."

Those kids just had to accept the fact they 'might' get adopted even though it has been presented to them over and over ad nauseum.

Like the poster I had to copy quote above laundry-listed all this stuff, haven't these kids been through enough? We just want you guys to feel sooooo special that we are trying to adopt you, but oh yeah, we're getting a new kid like in a few months. What? Get over it. You feel replaced or like your moment in the sun has been eclipsed? Too effing bad, the sun rises and sets on kody mountain  , and we are now  3/2 on the Brown DNA kid catch-up game ! One more kid after this and we'll be 3/3!

• Love 5

You think Meri was the biggest? I don't agree - not that it's a contest. Christine and Janelle tend to wear run-of-the-mill plus-size clothing, which don't accentuate the bulges. Whereas, Meri - like you say - is always decked out in "Forever 21".  This makes her weight more of an issue than for the other ladies. Also, some people just carry weight better than others, and Meri isn't one of them.

I agree with you.  I think Christine especially knows how to hide her weight better than Meri.  Janelle does too but even at Meri's heaviest I still think Janelle looked heavier.  Christine hides a lot of weight in her rear end and doesn't gain it in her face - I never even noticed it until she wore that striped dress on her "vacation" with the K-man and the therapist and turned around with her backside facing the camera.  I was actually shocked by how large it was!  Meri wears too-tight jeans that make her hips look very large, but they really aren't THAT large.  Also I think Christine's had her ups and downs weight-wise too.  She seemed to have slimmed down a bit last season when Meri was at her largest.  I think the tables have reversed this season, though.  I've noticed that Meri's midsection and arms are a bit thinner this season but 30 pounds worth?  I'd have to see side-by-side photos to believe that.

• Love 1

Man have things started to get that lame on the show we now are debating who in fact, has the bigger butt? lol. It does seem like a lot re-hashed Browns however. Field trip/vacation - check, medical drama-check, another kid-check (I don't know about you but I could not care less about having to see this next one happen on tv, prob won't watch that if they do that again), what else? therapists -check, family announcement drama -check.

It feels like the only real stuff was Christine calling Kody out on his bs and the Janelle/Meri  drive-through ''we'll try, gotta run" and both of those were give awfully short-shrift compared to the other stuff. Also wondering if the kids do get adopted, are they then added to the payroll as total # of people, and legal guardian status would mean bio-dad doesn't see that cash. Not sure about how that has all been worked out. The other kids would be legally under whatever Brown mom or dad, unless Robin has legal and physical  custody, 2 different things in many states. Since catfish-gate, it makes me wonder whose idea it was originally for the divorce/marriage/adoption thing, that would be somewhat telling- a gesture seemingly done for sacrifice but maybe also as disguised convenience if Meri was looking to bail anyway.  Hard to say since all this recent stuff has happened that we probably won't see on the show. If they don't get renewed for another season just because their time is up, you just know kody will put all the blame on Meri. If this ship starts to sink, there's going to be mass mutiny.

That said, at least now legally his debts are not automatically her debts unless she agrees to it. Would be better for her if the payment for the show was not just one communal check but each gets their own. Probably would be better for the other wives as well.

• Love 1

Re: weight - y'all don't recall the show with the first trainer (Bill I think?) where all the wives (including a very pregnant Robyn) stepped on the scale and had their weights announced on TV? Janelle was around 265 - that I remember since that was my heaviest weight, years ago and we're the same height (5'4"). Don't recall Meri and Christine's weights but I'm pretty sure they were both over 200# but not as heavy as Janelle, who is also the shortest. I don't think she's ever been below 230-235 - during her Trainer Sean days.

Of course, they HAD to get Robyn on the scale too, just a few months before Sol was born and I think she was like 165. Kinda like when they went to SF to go beer drinking and clothes shopping and she tried on the tight dresses, just to show the other wives how great they looked, dontcha know.

Petty shit like that.

• Love 8

Re: weight - y'all don't recall the show with the first trainer (Bill I think?) where all the wives (including a very pregnant Robyn) stepped on the scale and had their weights announced on TV? Janelle was around 265 - that I remember since that was my heaviest weight, years ago and we're the same height (5'4"). Don't recall Meri and Christine's weights but I'm pretty sure they were both over 200# but not as heavy as Janelle, who is also the shortest. I don't think she's ever been below 230-235 - during her Trainer Sean days.

Of course, they HAD to get Robyn on the scale too, just a few months before Sol was born and I think she was like 165. Kinda like when they went to SF to go beer drinking and clothes shopping and she tried on the tight dresses, just to show the other wives how great they looked, dontcha know.

Petty shit like that.

Exactly, and it's all about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the side of the noggin.  Robyn's all, "Hey ladies - not only am I getting ALL THE COOKIES right now from Kody, but I am going to passively-aggressively show each of you how pretty and skinny I am every single chance I get."   Robyn is HORRIBLE.

And this has probably been discussed elsewhere, but the clothes.  They live in Vegas.  I've heard it's hot there.  We know they profess modesty, when it's convenient, anyway.  I will never understand how they can stand the sausage casing layers and sparkle jeans in the heat of a Vegas summer.  Aren't they, like, always really sweaty?  

• Love 7

re: Meri's being somewhat checked out this episode,  It looks like the sonogram was in late March according to the date on the closeup of Hash Brown) and wasn't this around the time Meri's brother died?  That on top of the emotional struggle with the divorce and the maybe romance starting, seems like she had a lot going on.  She was probably rolling her eyes internally the entire show.  I give her a pass for not being happy happy joy joy this time around. 

• Love 4

Algebra,  her sister died years ago of colon cancer I think.  In first season it came up because Meri was getting a screening and it brought up bad memories.  It was also a talking point because her sister was polygamous and her children were kept in the family and raised by the sister wives in the manner she would have wanted.  Another benefit of polygamy I guess.  One thing that bugs me is that most of us have close friends and family that fulfill the exact same roles that "only" a sister wife can fill, except they don't have sex with our husbands.  It's really weird.

If I recall correctly, I believe Meri's brother took his own life back in March. That would rattle anyone I think and in my opinion I think it accounts for some of her odd behavior during these talking heads.

• Love 2

I think it all depends on how you feel about your sister wife.  I once knew a Mormon couple and really liked him and simply loved her (not sexually, but friendship).  I recall thinking "if they still did polygamy I could see this working."   I liked them both that much.  That was all just conjecture though, since my own faith and everything about my life is opposed to it.  I would have had a bigger problem having to run decisions through multiple adults.  So yeah, polygamy is not for me but with a true friend (and you believed in it) it could work I think.

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 1

Who was Prince Solomon's babysitter in the scene where the rest of the Robyn Brown family went to the midwife's office?

I was wondering that too.  3 other wives and multiple teenage+ children and no one from the family can babysit? 

Did anyone catch Gwendlyn (I think it was her) throw out the name "Hash" for the new baby?  I about fell off the couch, especially because by that point, Kody was getting seriously ticked off.

I had to do a double take thinking if weed was legal in NV yet or not... but then she broke out that she wanted that name so the baby could be 'Hash Brown"  lol 

I know a few people personally who have gone through major major health issues that all started from a stomach ache that couldn't go away.  One is my boss and after about a year (and losing so much weight) she was diagnosed with Chrones.  But it seems to be that annually now she will get tested for cancer.

Another one was a daughter to a friend of mine.  Started out as a stomach ache that wouldn't go away. Lots of diagnoses, surgeries, good feelings that the cancer was gone and she was on her way to recovery all within a year I think and then she suddenly took a very bad turn for the worse and eventually died. 

So yes while stress can cause Meri issues (and it likely did) I don't think badly of her being worried about it.

Hell I'd be super pissed off if I couldn't ever eat food either.  Food is my life lol 

• Love 3

Who was Prince Solomon's babysitter in the scene where the rest of the Robyn Brown family went to the midwife's office?

I think that was Robyn's niece who lives with her. Robyn has always had live-in help in the form of relatives, which is why she never shoulda been whining about her sisterwives not babysitting her kids.

Uh oh, colon cancer has a lot of heredity issues, runs in families, familial adenomatous polyposis, Chek-2 gene mutations etc. if you have any close relative you should be having colonoscopies before 50, really.

• Love 2

I wish I remembered what it was called, but there is an extremely genetic factor to colon cancer. My mom had endometrial cancer, and at this point only would have a few weeks, but we were talking to the doctors about if there was any increased risk for my sister and I, and she said no, not for endometrial but we needed to check for (whatever this colon cancer issue that I can't remember right now) we were confused, but apparently my mom had wrongly told the dr she had a history of colon cancer (she also had tumors on her brain so it was common for her to say things that don't make sense). All of that to say if Meri does have a history of colon cancer in her family that it would is really important for her to follow up, I didn't realize her mom had colon cancer.

Robyn sure is crafty. The other wives and their kids should just throw in the white towel. It's over for them. They don't have a husband or a dad. Kody is Robyn's and her children's now and only Robyn's and her children's.

Yep, she went from the pretender who was always on the outside looking in with none of those precious shared memories of the family growing up together to the Queen who somehow not only became the "real" wife but whose adopted kids are trumping all the others except for Sol and the new baby of course.  She definitely holds the power in this family now.  But, be careful what you wish for....once the TLC show goes away, so most likely goes the kingdom.  Kody with no more fame or $$$...probably not a pleasant sight.

Edited by Palomar
  • Love 2

I think that was Robyn's niece who lives with her. Robyn has always had live-in help in the form of relatives, which is why she never shoulda been whining about her sisterwives not babysitting her kids.

Why, I thought part of the joy of having sister-wives was the free baby-sitting?  Perhaps every time Robyn looks around for a sitter for King Sol, everyone senses the disturbance in the air and vanishes.

How old is her niece?  Old enough to become Wifey #5?  I'm seriously hoping Kody takes another wife just so I can watch karma come around and bite Robyn firmly on the butt cheek.

I had no idea that Meri's brother had died, and if he took his own life, that must have been a terrible shock to her.  It does add a layer of understanding to her recent behavior and demeanor.

Uh oh, colon cancer has a lot of heredity issues, runs in families, familial adenomatous polyposis

Yep.  I have familial adenomatous polyposis, but no one else in my family has it, at least so far.  But my kids started getting tested in their early 40s because of it.  

• Love 1

My daughter was told most variants of the non-working CHEK-2 genes are associated with colon cancer, but they don't know what hers does.

She has two non-working copies. My mother has lung cancer (never smoked) father and brother got prostate cancer before age 60, sister had a benign colon polyp, and daughter has bilateral, Triple positive breast cancer.

So far all I've gotten is a little squamous cell on my face.

I've been drinking a pot of coffee a day since I was 16 years old, self medicating for ADHD but I had to fill out a like 20 page questionnaire about how many times a week did I eat broccoli 50 years ago. Donated blood to research a couple of times. It's strange

This episode was hard to get through because everyone seemed to be pissing me off more than usual. After the family was gathered for the big announcement, Kody said something like "you're in trouble now" and then he said "do you want the good news or the bad news." Then we learn that he ALWAYS says one of those two things before a family announcement and, for this one, he said both. What a putz. Him and Robyn deserve each other because they're both so fucking insufferable.

• Love 9

Wow has Robyn put on weight! I was confused when she said she was only 4 weeks. The doctor even mentioned that the baby was still super tiny, so she can't blame all of that on new baby. Seems as though she's fully engaged in the brown lifestyle and diet

• Love 3

This episode was hard to get through because everyone seemed to be pissing me off more than usual.

You know, that's exactly what I eventually found myself saying every time I watched. As a result, I've trimmed my actual show watching down to almost nothing. Occasionally the forum will drill down on something that I just HAVE to see for myself, and I am pretty much universally sorry I wasted my time.

• Love 3

Let me hand you an hankie and refresh your memory: Robyn was FORCED to have that skinny blonde niece/sister/cousin (don't remember which) come and live with her, because she just couldn't run her work from home joory empire AND have another baby AND take care of her three school age kids and one infant. She had to bring in help, because she just couldn't trust the other Sister Wives not to mistreat her precious angels, and she had to nurse or keep King Solomon in the bed with her. 

Not that I blame the other women to not stop what they were doing and beg Robyn to allow them to raise her children while she and Kody pranced around Hawaii, but Robyn turned a huge case of entitlement into martyrdom. Again. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

• Love 11

Petty shit like that.

Yeah, I feel petty just for remembering this, but when all the wives got weighed, Janelle was 270 (I don't remember any of the other wives' weights). I wanted to call out "liar" to Janelle when the trainer said it, cause last season she told us she was at 230, down from her highest, which was 260. So, someone got a little fudgy with the numbers...wouldn't she want to say she weighed more in the beginning, so that she would seem like she worked harder to lose more weight? Lol

Are you sure she's 5'4"? Girlfriend looks like a very large 230 to me. I figured she was like 5'2".

Robin was looking hella thick in this episode, for her. The baby isn't due until January, so I'm not sure how much she could blame on baby weight. I wonder how Kody would treat her if she became (and stayed) as big as the other wives. Like, I really do wonder whether he'd take another wife, or if he wouldn't care because she's the Queen.

I think Christine is cute and pretty, and I think she wears her weight well. Free Christine! (And Meri! And Janelle!)

• Love 2

Christine said a couple of years ago that she was at her lowest adult weight. I think Christine carries her weight best because it's her "natural" weight. She has high energy and is very comfortable in her body. Meri and Janelle are naturally thinner but packed on the pounds. Meri's body must suffer the most because her weight gain happened in such a short time.

Remember when Robyn had eating issues? Even when she wasn't pregnant she said food always made her gag. Well - that's obviously no longer the case. When she turned her butt to the camera at the ultrasound place, I almost fell out of my chair. Her butt could rival Christine's.

• Love 3

Yeah, I feel petty just for remembering this, but when all the wives got weighed, Janelle was 270 (I don't remember any of the other wives' weights). I wanted to call out "liar" to Janelle when the trainer said it, cause last season she told us she was at 230, down from her highest, which was 260. So, someone got a little fudgy with the numbers...wouldn't she want to say she weighed more in the beginning, so that she would seem like she worked harder to lose more weight? Lol

Are you sure she's 5'4"? Girlfriend looks like a very large 230 to me. I figured she was like 5'2".

I got curious about the actual numbers from that weigh-in in 2011 (wow it was that long ago already) and thanks to "Celebitchy" here goes:

"Meri explains to the camera that she’s a size 14, and she steps on the scale to show that she’s 213 pounds. Janelle is the largest at 271 pounds, and she calls her weight her “Achilles heel.” Christine is 222 pounds, saying that she weighed more when she got married but that she’s not happy with her current weight. Robyn is a few months pregnant and she’s also the smallest at 158 pounds."

I agree with you about Janelle - she does seem to be heavier (or shorter) than she's saying she is, but I think she just doesn't carry her weight well at all.  I also think she tends to carry a lot of loose flesh around even after losing weight that makes her look heavier.

Wow, looking at the photo on that story from 2011, it's obvious that Meri was quite a bit thinner then than now (even with the supposed recent weight loss), and quite a bit less orange, too.  I also feel sorry for Meri because her facial features seem to me to look larger and more exaggerated as she gets older, and not in a good way.

• Love 3

The kids are probably watching the show. How could they miss it? Dad spending all that time and attention on Robyn and her kids. Dad more interested in adopting Robyn's kids than in spending time on his own. Dad going off to Hawaii with Robyn.

It's probably making the kids sick, watching that.

• Love 2

I think Kody likes a zaftig figure.

Actually he doesn't, that's why he's lost interest in the first three wives. Meri and Janelle were skin when he married them, but Christine was always large and he was never attracted to her.

Oddly, Christine is totally desperate to get Kody's attention but will not do the one thing that would work: lose weight. Why doesn't she just do it?

I think Janelle piled on the pounds in an effort to repulse him. He'll leave her alone if she's obese enough.

Meri blimped out because she was depressed and didn't care anymore.

• Love 1

Apparently he was never attracted to her, but he needs at least three wives to get to the highest tier of heaven, and she was available.

It's pretty obvious that before he met Robyn, the only person he'd ever been in love with was himself. And I'm not sure he's really in love with Robyn, either. We'll find out when she gets fat.

• Love 5

Actually he doesn't, that's why he's lost interest in the first three wives. Meri and Janelle were skin when he married them, but Christine was always large and he was never attracted to her.

Oddly, Christine is totally desperate to get Kody's attention but will not do the one thing that would work: lose weight. Why doesn't she just do it?

I think Janelle piled on the pounds in an effort to repulse him. He'll leave her alone if she's obese enough.

Meri blimped out because she was depressed and didn't care anymore.

Meri was skinny, but Janelle was not. That said, she did get heavier over the years.

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Screen-shot-2012-05-24-at-7.08.36-PM.png

Kody married Christine because she pursued him and she was "polygamy royalty".

Edited by DakotaJustice

If Kody was repulsed by Christine, why did he marry her? Is it because she was Rulon Allred's granddaughter?

Although I agree that he needed the 3rd wife to get to the highest tier, I think Christine's family tree did have something to do with it.  He probably could have gotten another woman to marry him (he wasn't a bad looking man in his youth), but he is so full of himself that having an Allred family member as a wife would feed his massive ego.

• Love 1

Dad going off to Hawaii with Robyn.

I don't remember seeing this on the show. Was this right after coming back from the courthouse?  I thought that their "legal marriage" was no big deal and that they had already celebrated their "real marriage" with a reception and honeymoon.  I can't imagine this went over well with the other wives, especially Meri.  SHE should have been the one going to Hawaii with him since she allowed him to marry his true soul mate and adopt the kids. Wonder if Meri and Robyn's ex got some financial incentive to make this all happen.

• Love 1