Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Robyn's Big Announcement

Null23
  • Start Topic

My personal opinion - these people can't share kitchens, so how are they going to share a planet for eternity?

I'm sure Kody's heaven offers cul-de-sacs for those loving families that can't stand to share space with each other!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

This might need to go to a general discussion type thread, but........I had the same question (not Brown related) with a dear friend who is LDS, and she said that with the normal, mainstream LDS (not the Browns), sealing is a pretty big deal, and unsealing doesn't happen often. Husband and wife have to be married for a year? - I could remember wrong - and both had to be baptized church members in good standing with recommendations to have the temple wedding and then later be sealed. Most people who go through all that are super serious about the faith and marriage, etc., so it isn't just a 'hey, you're cute, let's get sealed - nope, changed my mind'.

Nobody gets into the celestial kingdom without being married. Husbands call their wives in by their secret name they learn in the temple. Wife dies first, she goes to a lower level of heaven until her hubs can call her into the highest one. Women who are widowed and remarry are called in to eternity by their 'sealed' husband - you can only be sealed to one, so if you weren't sealed to the first, you can be sealed to the second, but if you sealed Hubs 1, 2nd is out of luck.

Now for unsealing - rare occasion, lots of hoops to jump through, only happens if a spouse leaves and then is excommunicated. Normal LDS don't swap wives and divorce frequently like some of the FLDS/AUB/fragment groups.

No back to the Browns - have they ever stated if Robyn and Jessop were sealed? Kody seems to have splintered from the AUB into his own church, so I guess he writes his own rules for sealing/unsealing.

My personal opinion - these people can't share kitchens, so how are they going to share a planet for eternity?

I know right? I wonder if the planets have cul-de-sacs? I was really just joking about Robyn and her kids winding up with Jessop for eternity, I don't really know the specifics of sealing and unsealing, my theory was based on the assumption that Robyn would have been sealed to Jessop simply because they seemed to be fairly devout to their religion when they got married, and I had heard that unsealing was rare, so I could imagine them forgoing it upon the divorce, and Kody is just shallow enough to to just marry and adopt them and stake his claim without going through the proper procedures. But all of it is purely speculation as I don't know about any of the details as far as sealing/unsealing go.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

What the F does Robyn’s Twitter handle mean???

LuvgvsUwngs

It's her cutesy way of quoting Love Gives You Wings.  In her case, it certainly did...the wings of a vulture, she hovered overhead until she could find a wounded carcass then swooped in for the kill.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3