Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Fillings in baby teeth? 

Shocker.  Bottles at night, pacifier for so long that he was talking around it, the Brown Diet Plan, and pink goo.  Who would have thought.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Every child safety site in the world warns against children sitting on a parent's lap on a riding mower. These people have the common sense of a mouse.

Right? They could at least put a helmet on him, if they're determined to be idiots.

My husband shoos ME away from the riding mower, even when I'm not close by, and I'm an adult 😆 

• Love 11

TLC should require child safety class certificates for all parents who appear on their network.  Child safety issues seem to be prevalent with their people.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Right? They could at least put a helmet on him, if they're determined to be idiots.

My husband shoos ME away from the riding mower, even when I'm not close by, and I'm an adult 😆 

As small children my dad made us stay in the house until he finished mowing.  Even when we got older he would tell us to go to the other side of the house, while he was mowing.  He knew mower blades could throw something up and hit a person.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

As small children my dad made us stay in the house until he finished mowing.  Even when we got older he would tell us to go to the other side of the house, while he was mowing.  He knew mower blades could throw something up and hit a person.

I can attest to that! I got beaned with large gravel, and I was pretty far away. It stings and left bruises. If I had small kids here, I'd do the same as your dad, he's a smart and responsible parent, so obviously not a Brown.

• Love 11

Yes being tired when you have small children to care for, a job and a house to take care of is mostly par for the course.  It never really goes away unless you are lucky enough to train your children to pick up after themselves and get everyone to bed at a decent hour.  I've heard people swear by sleep training at about 4 months.  Wish I would have known about that when my daughter was that age.  They sleep through the night and learn to soothe themselves back to sleep.  Basically it's getting yourself to bed at a decent hour and sleeping through the night.  Hard to do with small children.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Yes being tired when you have small children to care for, a job and a house to take care of is mostly par for the course.  

And she doesn't equate any of her issues to a diet of Coke and coffee?  Must use the same nutrition experts as her mother. 

Nutrition tip:  eat healthy foods, drink more water, and exercise. You can skip the Poison Pink Drink.

• Love 19
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

92EF1E02-071B-45FC-B961-B2E6A0CFD477.jpeg

8A584523-61DA-4A74-9B81-B3AD4C6CF1A6.jpeg

I'm digging the start drinking more idea. That I can do. Vodka and soda, here I come! Maddie told me to!

ETA: Not sure why it added two posts to my quote...also I did notice "water" dropped to the second line and justified weird, but it took me a bit to find it, so I'm going with the original suggestion of drinking more. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 8
22 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I bet that doing all of the other things or her list, minus drinking Plexus, would have the same effect. And I’m offering that advice for free.

How dare you make sense 🤣. I agree with you. Ditch soda and junk, drink water. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 8

Can anyone tell, or has it been mentioned , what is written on her finger? I’ve been wondering for quite a while, and this is the best shot of it, from a video, that I could get.

49A0254C-37BF-4F98-8409-30BC1F1FDC08.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
On 8/20/2021 at 7:07 PM, ginger90 said:

Can anyone tell, or has it been mentioned , what is written on her finger? I’ve been wondering for quite a while, and this is the best shot of it, from a video, that I could get.

49A0254C-37BF-4F98-8409-30BC1F1FDC08.jpeg

It looks to my nearsighted self like:

I V XMM -V I - I V??

• Useful 3

Since she is taking courses in the medical field, perhaps it is the answer to some question on a test.  If so, dearie, writing it on the side of your finger that faces the proctor could get you expelled.

Are her finger tips hiding her Janelle-like proto-nugget?

• Useful 3

I realize that there are definitely limits on where things can go but I just hate seeing cords hanging out of what is the focal point of the room.  And she had better get a mantle in place before the rising heat from a fire cooks that TV.

Although are fires in the fireplace all that common down there?  Does it get cold enough to have them very often?

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I realize that there are definitely limits on where things can go but I just hate seeing cords hanging out of what is the focal point of the room.  And she had better get a mantle in place before the rising heat from a fire cooks that TV.

Although are fires in the fireplace all that common down there?  Does it get cold enough to have them very often?

A mare's nest of wires is my pet peeve too.  An outlet behind the TV could probably have been drilled by Caleb or not too expensive to have done professionally.  It must be a Brown thing, Mariah had random wires strung all over her living room walls too.

I think it can get chilly on winter evenings and it adds to the ambience of a room to have a small fire burning.

• Love 4

TVs above the fireplace are my pet peeve.  Not only are there wires to connect to the set box & PVR etc., but for optimal neck health, the TV should be at eye-height when you are sitting. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I just hate it when bricks, which I like natural, are painted.  Our fireplace was painted white when we moved in, and I wish it wasn't.  There's a brick house in my walking area that someone actually painted black!  I'm sure it was gorgeous before in its natural state.

Anyway, I would not mount a TV there.  The wires look unsightly, too.

• Love 12

We hung a TV above the mantle in the “man cave” 😂 but hubby installed a recessed multiple gang box into the wall behind the tv and all the power cord and cable wires etc are hidden and it wasn’t hard to do.

Our tv in the family room is in a cabinet with sliding doors hiding it and all the cables etc. And we have one in our bedroom in a similar cabinet that hides all the mess.

I can’t stand wires, cable boxes etc being visible

Maddie’s houses always remind me of janelles houses, very utilitarian, kind of dirty, not pretty or stylish at all.

• Love 8

Maddie did a video about a group that starts this Friday. (I believe I mentioned Janelle saying it was going to be postponed, but she couldn’t think of the date)

So, in this video she mentions how wonderful the product is for her kids, “dramatic” changes, she said.

She also noted that their  Pediatrician said,  whatever you’re doing, don’t stop cause it’s working. Doesn’t sound like the Pediatrician was asked about using the “product “.

I just don’t get it.

• Love 1
On 8/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, ginger90 said:

From the listing:

825988BC-4BBB-4FE1-B3B3-C971D6D28734.jpeg

After:

2C22F5FD-1460-489A-9F52-639230C58002.jpeg

I like the painted brick better, but it’s probably because the house I grew up in had that same red brick fireplace above!  My parents STILL have it!  I’m so over it.  …….it’s funny, I also have that same floor lamp. 😝

My parents don’t have a tv over their mantle, but a lot of people do due to necessity. It cost a lot to address it any other way, unless you go with two focal points in the room. Which is what my parents did.  

NC gets some cold days, but for me the look of the fire is what makes the room.  Not that we really need it for heat. That’s why I love, love my electric fireplace.  It looks beautiful, even when warmth isn’t needed.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Maddie did a video in her stories about the fireplace. They’re going to hide the wires and use a white cord to reach the outlet. 

She’s not sure what they will do on each side of it, perhaps shelves.

She talked about going to a salvage place to get wood for the mantle. Then she said a friend is going to look for a railroad tie, and they may use that instead.

I ask you, what are the chances  they will hang a creosote treated railroad tie IN their house?

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hope they get comments about it before Axel gets hurt.

It won't matter.  I'm sure tons of folks have commented and they were either blocked or ignored.  Saying anything negative is considered persecution by these yahoos.

• Love 7

OK....you guys are probably going to hate me for this... I haven't seen the infamous lawn mower video so I'm not 100% what it exactly was which upset so many people. And yes we are talking about the Browns, not about common sense people, and we are not talking about experienced farmers, which I get.  But I would like to say the following:

There is a fairly large group of kids, including me, that grew up or still live on farms or houses with a lot of land. As of a young age we were taught about the dangers of machines and the risks involved. A lot of those kids drive all kinds of machines as of a young age, quite often beginning on stuff like small lawn mowers, which actually starts with driving with dad on his lap. Just to give y'all some food for thought: in various parts of society, this is common practice. And yes, accidents do happen. ( I know of a bad one close to me) but a lot of bad accidents (if not more!) involving kids happen in (dense) neighbourhoods with cars, bikes, scooters etc. as well. 

So...before you shoot me: I haven't seen said video, not defending them here, just pointing out that it's nothing special or regarded particularly dangerous by quite a few people. If done with care and/or proper instruction.

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, LilyD said:

...pointing out that it's nothing special or regarded particularly dangerous by quite a few people. If done with care and/or proper instruction.

I beg to differ.  Lawn mower accidents are the leading cause of amputations for children in the US.  As a retired ER nurse, I have experienced the horror of that kind of trauma.  And it's entirely preventable which is why it is so terrible.

It is never safe.  Never.  The "quite a few people" who don't regard it as dangerous need some serious education.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

In my opinion, children shouldn’t even be out in the yard when a lawnmower, push or riding, is being used. If a riding mower was meant to have more than one person on it, it would have two seats. It has one, so it shouldn’t have a passenger , in my opinion.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I beg to differ.  Lawn mower accidents are the leading cause of amputations for children in the US.  As a retired ER nurse, I have experienced the horror of that kind of trauma.  And it's entirely preventable which is why it is so terrible.

It is never safe.  Never.  The "quite a few people" who don't regard it as dangerous need some serious education.

Thanks for your input, I hear you and appreciate where you come from. I don’t think we’ll ever reach an agreement on this, which is ok by me. But part of our different views may also due to background, region and I’m assuming we’re also on opposite sites of the globe (am not from the US)
One paramedic friend and one ER friend of mine  both said that (over here)the most horrible injuries with kids are traffic-related or, believe it or not, the ‘kids-proof’ garden trampoline (Spinal injuries) or bad falls whether from trees, horses or whatever.

As for amputations with lawn mowers: I totally believe you as mankind is capable of immense stupidities, particularly when ignoring safety instructions, lack of common sense and lack of supervision. Sticking a hand into a running machine for example is a notorious example, yet people-still-do-it….

• Love 8