Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Good lord, these people are desperate for attention.  Must they post every inane thing that happens to them?  Pictures of fingernails, gloppy vegetables, decrepit furniture?  Do their leg humpers really find this endearing?

I find it pathetic. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Good lord, these people are desperate for attention.  Must they post every inane thing that happens to them?  Pictures of fingernails, gloppy vegetables, decrepit furniture?  Do their leg humpers really find this endearing?

I find it pathetic. 

It doesn't really support super-powers of Plexus or the self-image of Superwoman Maddie, who runs a business, goes to school, raises two children, etc., and who's in the midst of buying their first house (if they are).  Maybe she's trying to start controversy for not wearing her wedding ring.

It also doesn't support the "one big happy family," because she could have just bought Mykelti's magical, mystical, tacky sticker manicures.  Grifting should be multiplied, not divided.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

It also doesn't support the "one big happy family," because she could have just bought Mykelti's magical, mystical, tacky sticker manicures.  Grifting should be multiplied, not divided.

They look like stick-on nails.  Did she wait 2 days before taking the photo or did the manicurist skimp on nail polish by not painting down to the cuticles?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
(edited)

Maddie could've named her daughter with a combo of her mom's name and those of her beloved sister-moms...Jamertinerob, Chrijanimerbyn, Merjarotine, etc.  All lovely names, and easier to say and pronounce than Evangalynn.  Might as well throw Kody in there too - Komerjachrob, Jakomertinebyn, Robkomerijatine...simply beautiful.  Jankorobmeritine Brown-Brush?  It positively rolls off the tongue.

Actually, this all reminds me of "Renesmee" from Twilight, which made me stabby every time I saw it in print, lol.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)

or the beginnings of nuggets?

How did she not notice them when putting on her eyebrows & gobs of eyeliner & mascara?  Is this an influencer ad for top-teeth-only whitener?  Or did she have her top teeth coated by her manicurist? - they look as opaque as her nails. Or did she do it herself using a bottle of Liquid Paper / Wite-Out?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 6/4/2021 at 5:46 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Thanks.  I just can't get past the "Evangalynn" spelling.  That is Ee-van-guh-lyn, and that poor kid will be correcting people all her life.  

I don’t know. Angelina Jolie’s name isn’t pronounced - An Guh Lina.   In fact, I’ve never seen Evangeline spelled with a “j”.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I don’t know. Angelina Jolie’s name isn’t pronounced - An Guh Lina.   In fact, I’ve never seen Evangeline spelled with a “j”.  

That is because the "e" after the "g" in those names makes it a soft "g" sound. "Ga" is read as hard "g." For example angel, danger, but gal, gab, gams etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 6/27/2021 at 2:31 PM, deirdra said:

Creamer?  Mothers have been giving toddlers water or milk in coffee cups since coffee cups were invented (even when we had rum and rootbeer in our own cups).

I worked at a bank for many years.  We had thermoses of coffee and little single serve flavored creamer cups.  You wouldn’t believe all the parents who let their little kids open and drink a million of those creamers.  For real. 

• Love 1
On 6/27/2021 at 2:31 PM, deirdra said:

Creamer?  Mothers have been giving toddlers water or milk in coffee cups since coffee cups were invented (even when we had rum and rootbeer in our own cups).

When I was little, my dear Omi used to make me what she called 'kindercoffee'. It was mostly milk with a teeny bit of decaf. I felt so grown up!

I'm mildly grossed out that Maddie used both milk AND creamer. Why not just stop at the milk?

• Love 19
4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

When I was little, my dear Omi used to make me what she called 'kindercoffee'. It was mostly milk with a teeny bit of decaf. I felt so grown up!

I'm mildly grossed out that Maddie used both milk AND creamer. Why not just stop at the milk?

Bad mom here, I would let my daughter drink about 1/3 regular coffee and 2/3 milk and a little creamer for flavor.  At 37 coffee is still her favorite beverage.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I worked at a bank for many years.  We had thermoses of coffee and little single serve flavored creamer cups.  You wouldn’t believe all the parents who let their little kids open and drink a million of those creamers.  For real. 

When I was little (a long time ago!), when someone ordered coffee in a restaurant, the cream was served in little glass "milk bottles"--probably about 2 TBS or so.  I can remember my mom letting me drink the cream out of the cute little bottle.  But that was real cream, and not "creamer".  I haven't seen one of those little cream bottles for ages.

• Love 11
On 7/2/2021 at 7:11 PM, Teafortwo said:

That is because the "e" after the "g" in those names makes it a soft "g" sound. "Ga" is read as hard "g." For example angel, danger, but gal, gab, gams etc.

Exactly..… I think Maddie just wanted something unique without realizing that spelling it “evangalynn” would make it a hard G

then they call her “Little Miss Evie K”which sounds like a lounge singer or a stripper 😋

5 hours ago, CouchTater said:

When I was a kid my dad would occasionally give me a small cup of regular Maxwell House instant coffee (no harm done), with sugar.  I'd dunk buttered toast in it.  Delicious!   

Same here some days my mom would give me weak tea with cream and sugar and my dad would give me instant coffee with homo milk and sugar… I was flying!  😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Bad mom here, I would let my daughter drink about 1/3 regular coffee and 2/3 milk and a little creamer for flavor.  At 37 coffee is still her favorite beverage.

Haha I still drink my coffee like that. 1/3 coffee the rest almond milk but no sugar or creamer. 

My mom always let me have a few sips of her coffee since I was a kid. I turned out okay. 

Coffee is a must for me in the AM.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Coffee is a must for me in the AM.

Coffee with heavy whipping cream used to be my go to morning drink. At some point I couldn't stomach it any more. Everyday now I brew a quart of various teas in a sunny window for the next day, green tea, black tea, constant comment, oolong, and others. For some reason the tea sits better on my stomach these days than the coffee. Still get the caffeine but stomach OK 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

I was about 10 when my grandmother let me have a cup of coffee. Even though she did her coffee in a percolator on the stove, mine was instant Sanka . I didn’t like it at all. I didn’t have coffee again until I was in my late 20’s. Have had it every day since.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I was about 10 when my grandmother let me have a cup of coffee. Even though she did her coffee in a percolator on the stove, mine was instant Santa. I didn’t like it at all. I didn’t have coffee again until I was in my late 20’s. Have had it every day since.

When I was a kid I liked the smell but hated the taste of (percolated on the stove & instant) coffee, even with tons of cream & sugar.  My little sister loved it and we jokingly blame it for stunting her growth (though both tall & short genes run in my family). I didn't even like the sound of coffee being poured (it may have had something to do with being ignored when parental units had coffee).

At 26 I moved to a new city and when people invited me over they ground the beans and brewed or french-pressed coffee for me, so I felt obliged to drink it (made properly, of course; if someone has only instant, I have tea or water). And have had it every day since.  Up until I was ~50 I drank too much & got jumpy, but now that I am retired I only have it in the morning with green and other teas for the rest of the day.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
On 7/4/2021 at 12:46 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly..… I think Maddie just wanted something unique without realizing that spelling it “evangalynn” would make it a hard G

And isn't her name an amalgamation of at least four different names, including Janelle's?  So wouldn't that mean the "G" should be a "J" anyway?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And isn't her name an amalgamation of at least four different names, including Janelle's?  So wouldn't that mean the "G" should be a "J" anyway?

That bugs me, just like Paedon having no "Y" in his name, when the other 5 kids that are Christine's, do.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

That bugs me, just like Paedon having no "Y" in his name, when the other 5 kids that are Christine's, do.

Possibly Paedon is missing the Y because in the other instances, it was wishful thinking when she named her girls.  Once she achieved the Y chromosome by birthing a son, there was no need.

Maybe I'm giving too much credit for deep thinking to Christine,🤔

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Possibly Paedon is missing the Y because in the other instances, it was wishful thinking when she named her girls.  Once she achieved the Y chromosome by birthing a son, there was no need.

Maybe I'm giving too much credit for deep thinking to Christine,🤔

That makes too much sense for a Brown, but I'll allow that it's possible!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I think the "G" is for Kootie's mom, Genielle (pronounced like Janelle)

• Useful 7
On 7/6/2021 at 7:56 AM, laurakaye said:

Yes I think you’re right…. Argh! It’s too hard to make sense of why the browns do what they do 😋

• Love 6
(edited)
59 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Wow, ol' Caleb must be making bank!  Can Maddie sell that Plexus crap that well?

Nice digs, regardless.

Beautiful house. My guess is they've supplemented their income via TLC and that we'll be seeing Evie's "journey" next season. I hope for her sake that the money came from her dad's job and mom's MLM rather than the sale of her medical history story. She should be allowed to be a child, she'll have enough attention as she grows and goes to school.

First thing I thought when I saw this pic: this is where Janelle will end up. A giant step up from her RV.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Would Caleb want Jenelle and Savanna live there full time? 

Maybe he wouldn't mind Jenelle she is just a lump anyway. How old is Savanna? I can't keep up with all the kids. Maybe she will be off to college by the time Jenelle ends up with Maddie/Caleb. Hmmm and if she does, the Kodster may pay some visits there....

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Because I’m the curious type…….They paid $254,900 for the house, taxes are less than $900. It’s cute, has many pluses. One negative from my point of view is, it has a pool. Pools make me nervous, but that’s on me.

Maddie just had an Instagram story where she says they will be having a refrigerator delivered, painting, putting down new carpet, and redoing the kitchen floor.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Because I’m the curious type…….They paid $254,900 for the house, taxes are less than $900. It’s cute, has many pluses. One negative from my point of view is, it has a pool. Pools make me nervous, but that’s on me.

Maddie just had an Instagram story where she says they will be having a refrigerator delivered, painting, putting down new carpet, and redoing the kitchen floor.

You can't even get a studio condo that cheap around here, mortgage payments are probably less than renting so I can see them living on one income.

• Love 11

That is cheap compared to where I live.  We could get close to that if we were ready to sell & move, our taxes are over 2 grand, and our house is nowhere near as elegant as that one appears, at least from outward appearances.  Wow.  

And a pool too?  I want to move in!  😜

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Fosca said:

How many bedrooms/baths does it have?  Will there be room for Janelle?  

It has 3 bedrooms, with another room  listed as an office, or possible 4th bedroom.

• Useful 3
14 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

First thing I thought when I saw this pic: this is where Janelle will end up. A giant step up from her RV.

After the reaming Janelle gave Christine last season for having the audacity to want to move to Utah to be near her own children, Janelle had better not dare to move in with Maddie.

Although if she does, that's it for the family, and Christine might finally get the backbone to move to Utah and get that spin-off or book deal while Janelle shills Plexus.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11